Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage (21591 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Chillis: 10:39am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

The word I use is Homosexual not Gay. There is nothing Gay about the despicable lifestyle. Take your medications, then we may speak again.

https://www.nairaland.com/1547985/bad-news-gays-pedoph1les-claim

I guess I started this topic then grin

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 10:44am On Dec 28, 2013
Chillis:

https://www.nairaland.com/1547985/bad-news-gays-pedoph1les-claim

I guess I started this topic then grin

Yes you did grin
From Chillisauce to Chillis to chi to c to nothing. Someone is heading towards extinction.

Back to the topic Feminism only makes sense when women attitudes change. When women pay bills equally. Wedding bills are split down the middle, When you go out every one pays for their drinks and food. Nobody expects the man to pick up the bills. yeah at that point I may listen to the gibberish.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:
That is neither here no there. Chinamanda Adichie's speech on feminism makes a lot of sense. The world is changing but the truth remains that certain things should be left the way they are for balance. Men and women need to imbibe the change to move forward that is where core feminists miss it. You can't demand equality but give nothing in return. A man will gladly accept feminists ideology if the wife shares equal responsibility in all things. You can't demand equality only when ,you want his help in washing dishes, taking care of children, cooking and cleaning the house but decline when it comes to paying bills! That is double standards. And then you should be able to rise to the challenge when the man is financially down without any complaints. That is the only brand of feminism that makes sense to me. Men for centuries have been taking care of their families without complaints but a situation where a woman does that for a short period and complains proves she is not a true feminist.

And does who think, I don't love women are wrong. I cherish the female folk but I hate nonsense!
some men are selfish and self centered and thinks the female folks are lesser beings. Am not married yet but when I do the bills will be split and also some house work.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by 4teelaw(f): 10:47am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

I take this to mean there is none, right?

This post is just to show the injurious nature of feminism to marriage. And your post just prove me right. A lot of people have great marriages until feminist ideologies show up!

Chauvinism speaking! Dude, go and fry plantain, I can't bet you are not even married. Come back to this post when u r married. There are no great marriages! Each marriage is unique and both parties have to respect each other and compromise to make it work.
By the way, call me a feminist, I fight for female liberation and empowerment, I carry out women related projects and I have a very supportive husband who helps me on my projects and polishes my ideas.

I also support his endeavours, and I can give me last drop to encourage his passion. It's about compromise and understanding. Look at Hilary Clinton with over 30 years in marriage. I have known my hubby 8 years now, so I have a head start and I believe I can speak from experience, unlike you.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by 4teelaw(f): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2013
flawless..S:
some men are selfish and self centered and thinks the female folks are lesser beings. Am not married yet but when I do the bills will be split and also some house work.

My dear, you can't plan for what you will encounter in marriage, it is dynamic and you have to steer with the tide. Just make sure you marry your best friend and an open minded individual.
A woman is meant to support a man, and a man is meant to love his wife. If your hubby gets broke, the onus lies on you to hold the family and get him back to his feet. This is the women's liberation I preach. Get a job, make money as a woman, because if your husband dies 2mrw, God forbids, who will you run too? Another man?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2013
4teelaw:

My dear, you can't plan for what you will encounter in marriage, it is dynamic and you have to steer with the tide. Just make sure you marry your best friend and an open minded individual.
A woman is meant to support a man, and a man is meant to love his wife. If your hubby gets broke, the onus lies on you to hold the family and get him back to his feet. This is the women's liberation I preach. Get a job, make money as a woman, because if your husband dies 2mrw, God forbids, who will you run too? Another man?

Now you are talking!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2013
4teelaw:

Chauvinism speaking! Dude, go and fry plantain, I can't bet you are not even married. Come back to this post when u r married. There are no great marriages! Each marriage is unique and both parties have to respect each other and compromise to make it work.
By the way, call me a feminist, I fight for female liberation and empowerment, I carry out women related projects and I have a very supportive husband who helps me on my projects and polishes my ideas.

I also support his endeavours, and I can give me last drop to encourage his passion. It's about compromise and understanding. Look at Hilary Clinton with over 30 years in marriage. I have known my hubby 8 years now, so I have a head start and I believe I can speak from experience, unlike you.

@ bolded is the only part that makes sense, the rest belongs to the trash can.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 28, 2013
4teelaw:

Thanks I will always stand by my husband no matter what but what am trying to say is men should treat us better
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Chillis: 11:02am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

Yes you did grin
From Chillisauce to Chillis to chi to c to nothing. Someone is heading towards extinction.

Back to the topic Feminism only makes sense when women attitudes change. When women pay bills equally. Wedding bills are split down the middle, When you go out every one pays for their drinks and food. Nobody expects the man to pick up the bills. yeah at that point I may listen to the gibberish.

Lol, change is constant.
You need to leave that your environment abeg. Next yr is 2014. The world is moving. Paying bills is nothing. Stop looking at it like a big task. Start upgrading . Tenk u
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2013
flawless..S:

Women are more selfish by far than men. The man pays all the bills from the wedding to the later and yet you still expect him to help in house chores, clean the baby, cook and still exert his energy making love to you. Some women need to understand that men no be jacky.

I believe in balance, I preach balance. If a man loses his job and the onus of providing for the family falls on the woman, she should not make any fuss about it. That is the only brand of feminism that makes sense.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:05am On Dec 28, 2013
flawless..S:
Thanks I will always stand by my husband no matter what but what am trying to say is men should treat us better

@ bolded are you treating men better? Remember we are talking equality.

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

Women are more selfish by far than men. The man pays all the bills from the wedding to the later and yet you still expect him to help in house chores, clean the baby, cook and still exert his energy making love to you. Some women need to understand that men no be jacky.

I believe in balance, I preach balance. If a man loses his job and the onus of providing for the family falls on the woman, she should not make any fuss about it. That is the only brand of feminism that makes sense.
where u said when the role of the man falls on woman she should not make any fuss about it,u saying the woman has to go to work,when she comes back she cooks clean the house take care of the kids while the man does nothing
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by duni04(m): 11:08am On Dec 28, 2013
Na wa o! Beyonce is now a feminist cos of the kind of character she portrays in her songs or the lyrics of her songs. Mayb people are forgetting we have song writers, composers and record producers. Beyonce wey no sabi anything. Everybody knows she's dumb as hell. Smh to the guy that was quoting one imaginary pre-nup beyonce supossedly has with jay-z

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nomski0(f): 11:09am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

Beyonce's marriage to Jay z is a business proposal. Did you see excerpts of the pre-nup agreement I posted earlier?

Since the days of her destiny child days, Beyonce has been singing about the importance of being an independent woman, even before Jay-z. And to Americans in general, marriage is a business proposal. There're always prenuptial arrangements in their marriages.

To me, being a Feminist is not about equating yourself to your husband, its about upgrading him. Socially, financially and making him stay relevant. Its about being that woman who completes his dynasty. Its about being his equal, but still playing your part and letting him play the lead role.

No matter how wealthy he gets or how much power he wields, his dynasty is incomplete without you.

#teamIndependentwomen. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Fallotti: 11:10am On Dec 28, 2013
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!
And I am told I needed to see a 'shrink'!
So we have people preaching MARRIAGE ON NL. . .WAITING FOR MARRIAGE PROPOSALS FROM MARRIED GAYYY PASTORS?

Oturugbeke o!
Thread don catch faya!
Mu che che che che che che che

DESPERATION OF OLD CARGOS NIGERIA PLC! grin

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 28, 2013
Nomski0:

Since the days of her destiny child days, Beyonce has been singing about the importance of being an independent woman, even before Jay-z. And to Americans in general, marriage is a business proposal. There're always prenuptial arrangements in their marriages.

To me, being a Feminist is not about equating yourself to your husband, its about upgrading him. Socially, financially and making him stay relevant. Its about being that woman who completes his dynasty. Its about being his equal, but still playing your part and letting him play the lead role.

No matter how wealthy he gets or how much power he wields, his dynasty is incomplete without you.

#teamIndependentwomen. grin grin
NomskiO thanks
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:12am On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!
And I am told I needed to see a 'shrink'!
So we have people preaching MARRIAGE ON NL. . .WAITING FOR MARRIAGE PROPOSALS FROM MARRIED GAYYY PASTORS?

Oturugbeke o!
Thread don catch faya!
Mu che che che che che che che

DESPERATION OF OLD CARGOS NIGERIA PLC! grin

Another Clara Chime in the making.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Fallotti: 11:13am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

Go and visit your shrink. You are getting out of hand!

Look whose writing. . . REMOVE THY LOG O! kiss
Na you dey find marriage. . .
I don h-enter tey-tey faya dey go! kiss
Na you need SEX-THERAPIST TO LAND AND KEEP A MAN!

Shiooooooooooooor!!!!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Fallotti: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

Another Clara Chime in the making.

Does Clare SSSShime look like a feminist to you?
It looks like you do not understand the word 'feminism'.
Why are you attacking posters on your thread?
You are such a MANNERLESS HOST.
People like you should not start threads.
No wonder you can only afford to 'date' a MARRIED PASTOR!
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2013
Nomski0:

#teamIndependentwomen. grin grin [/color]

That is called being a good wife not being a feminist!

Nomski0:

#teamIndependentwomen. grin grin [/color]
And vice versa
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nomski0(f): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

That is called being a good wife not being a feminist!

No. The above is how to be a feminist and a good wife. It shows you can be both. tongue tongue.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti:

Does Clare SSSShime look like a feminist to you?
It looks like you do not understand the word 'feminism'.
Why are you attacking posters on your thread?
You are such a MANNERLESS HOST.
People like you should not start threads.
No wonder you can only afford to 'date' a MARRIED PASTOR!
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

You need to pause and recollect yourself. You are just all over the place. With the way you are talking about dating only rich married PDP bigwigs you came across like a Clara Chime wannabe, simple.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Fallotti: 11:22am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

You need to pause and recollect yourself. You are just all over the place. With the way you are talking about dating only rich married PDP bigwigs you came across like a Clara Chime wannabe, simple.

You should be a moderator of you own thread. . .but here you are acting like an embittered and sexually-frustrated 'fish-wife'.

You need to put your thread in order and stop acting like a true NL VAGABONIAN MODEARATOR OR SUPER MODERATOR with no home-training!

All the best with your useless thread. . . I have had my ere-ction. . . YOU MAKE QUITE A LOUSY PHOCK! kiss

I don't find thread starters who reply every post ON THEIR OWN THEAD appealing. . .it shows you are not here to genuinely discuss issues. . .BUT TO SEEK ATTENTION.

I hope you find it soon. . . to soothe your nerves.

Gash!. . .What a classless OP with absolutely no form of social decorum. . . .ALATIKA!

*thread unfollowed*
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2013
Nomski0:

No. The above is how to be a feminist and a good wife. It shows you can be both. tongue tongue.

I beg to disagree , feminism and good wife can never be in the same sentence.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti:

You should be a moderator of you own thread. . .but here you are acting like an embittered and sexually-frustrated 'fish-wife'.

You need to put your thread in order and stop acting like a true NL VAGABONIAN MODEARATOR OR SUPER MODERATOR with no home-training!

All the best with your useless thread. . . I have had my ere-ction. . . YOU MAKE QUITE A LOUSY PHOCK! kiss

I don't find thread starters who reply every post ON THEIR OWN THEAD appealing. . .it shows you are not here to genuinely discuss issues. . .BUT TO SEEK ATTENTION.

I hope you find it soon. . . to soothe your nerves.

Gash!. . .What a classless OP with absolutely no form of social decorum. . . .ALATIKA!

*thread unfollowed*
Good riddance!

You can serve the lord elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2013
@OP,
What we have on these boards are what I call internet feminists. They only mouth meaning less theories in order to win arguements. Then you have the house wives who come on line to invent threads about feminism that is not practised in their homes-the internet serves as an escape avenue from the harsh realitied of their marriages.
As for the single girls claiming to be feminists, my sincere advice is to wait until you are married and see how harsh reality is.
And for those saying Beyonce is a feminist because of selcted lyrics written for her by song writers, I laugh out loud.
Beyonce-feminist? With all her suggestive booty shaking videos?
Lawd have mercy. Beyonce is the face of nairaland feminists? Lol!

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nomski0(f): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

I beg to disagree , feminism and good wife can never be in the same sentence.

Alright.

Let's analyze the two terms.
Define your version of a "feminist" and a "good wife"
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2013
Dantedasz: @OP,
What we have on these boards are what I call internet feminists. They only mouth meaning less theories in order to win arguements. Then you have the house wives who come on line to invent threads about feminism that is not practised in their homes-the internet serves as an escape avenue from the harsh realitied of their marriages.
As for the single girls claiming to be feminists, my sincere advice is to wait until you are married and see how harsh reality is.
And for those saying Beyonce is a feminist because of selcted lyrics written for her by song writers, I laugh out loud.
Beyonce-feminist? With all her suggestive booty shaking videos?
Lawd have mercy. Beyonce is the face of nairaland feminists? Lol!
beyonce is feminist
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by 4teelaw(f): 11:39am On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

@ bolded are you treating men better? Remember we are talking equality.

So you support equality? U seem not to be in full grasp of reality here. In real life women are seem as furniture and glorified housemaid, wake up n smell d coffee.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2013
Calloti! I endorse ur posts, gbam!!!
If some pple don't like them, they should go stand on d express way!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nomski0(f): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2013
flawless..S:
beyonce is feminist
So is Michelle Obama. cheesy

Last time I checked, she's still wearing Barack's ring. undecided
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2013
flawless..S:
beyonce is feminist

I heard Miley Cyrus claims to be a feminist too.
My point is you can't debase your woman hood by making yourself a sex object or sex plaything and expect men to take you serious as the face of feminism because of one song or one album.
Beyonce has been debasing woman hood with her rump shaking, crotch grabbing, raunchy videos for years.
The fact that she is now touted as the face of feminism shows that the word feminism has totally lost its original meaning and the feminists are desperate for a poster girl for a movement that is losing relevance in a modern world.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Slut Walk For Women's Right / Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.