Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,185 members, 7,811,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage (21592 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / I'm Bored, So Why Not?? Yet Another Feminist Thread! / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2013
4teelaw:

So you support equality? U seem not to be in full grasp of reality here. In real life women are seem as furniture and glorified housemaid, wake up n smell d coffee.

Which women are seen as glorified furniture or Housemaid? As long as your husband loves you, he will treat you nice and vice versa. I have always believed in equality but not the way feminists go about it. If we practice it by the book, then the women will be on the receiving end. 80 % of men marry downwards. That is women that are economically inferior. Equality will mean that men will never marry women unless the woman can foot bills equally with him. Why most feminist lose their marriage is because they enter it in the first mode with a combative mood. They are not willing to follow the lead of their husband because to do that will mean that their rights are being trampled upon. They debate and argue with their husband at every opportunity to prove that they are not subservient. They resist his leadership because they hate submission. Note here that they will gladly submit to female boss in the office but never to the leadership of their husbands. They go into marriage with a sense of competition not to complement their husbands. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH FEMINISTS

6 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by missterious(f): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2013
Dantedasz:

I heard Miley Cyrus claims to be a feminist too.
My point is you can't debase your woman hood by making yourself a sex object or sex plaything and expect men to take you serious as the face of feminism because of one song or one album.
Beyonce has been debasing woman hood with her rump shaking, crotch grabbing, raunchy videos for years.
The fact that she is now touted as the face of feminism shows that the word feminism has totally lost its original meaning and the feminists are desperate for a poster girl for a movement that is losing relevance in a modern world.

Thank you for this
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dantedasz:

I heard Miley Cyrus claims to be a feminist too.
My point is you can't debase your woman hood by making yourself a sex object or sex plaything and expect men to take you serious as the face of feminism because of one song or one album.
Beyonce has been debasing woman hood with her rump shaking, crotch grabbing, raunchy videos for years.
The fact that she is now touted as the face of feminism shows that the word feminism has totally lost its original meaning and the feminists are desperate for a poster girl for a movement that is losing relevance in a modern world.
beyonce is not touted as face of feminism but michelle obama
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

I have no business with any confused woman who calls herself a feminist in Nigeria. If you spend equally with me without complaints, then I am okay with it and can listen to your gibberish. If not you can take your feminist ideology and shove it up your ass. Most feminists are rude to men and humility is not one of their virtues. The fact that Commedienne Princess went to twitter to call out the pastor of a church because she was not allowed to sit in the front because of her skimpy irresponsible dress portrays her as a woman without humility which is a hallmark of most feminists!

I'm sure you also do not understand the bolded gibberish. So bro , I ask again, who is this feminist that divorced you, making you go gaga on nl... tongue

Your so called fact or proof of princess being a feminist is BS too, you need to convince me further or remain silent about her divorce like I said earlier.

I believe your definition of a feminist is someone who has a voice of her own and refuses to be a walk over. E no hard bro, stay away from them if you can not stand them. Continue rubbing minds with those you can walk over if it keeps you ego in check.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti:

You should be a moderator of you own thread. . .but here you are acting like an embittered and sexually-frustrated 'fish-wife'.

You need to put your thread in order and stop acting like a true NL VAGABONIAN MODEARATOR OR SUPER MODERATOR with no home-training!

All the best with your useless thread. . . I have had my ere-ction. . . YOU MAKE QUITE A LOUSY PHOCK! kiss

I don't find thread starters who reply every post ON THEIR OWN THEAD appealing. . .it shows you are not here to genuinely discuss issues. . .BUT TO SEEK ATTENTION.

I hope you find it soon. . . to soothe your nerves.

Gash!. . .What a classless OP with absolutely no form of social decorum. . . .ALATIKA!

*thread unfollowed*

Ditto..
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by missterious(f): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
There is liberal feminism , radical feminism , separatist feminism , conservative feminism , etc. I think the one the OP is against is radical & separatist feminism
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dinachi(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
miss.terious:
There is liberal feminism , radical feminism , separatist feminism , conservative feminism , etc. I think the one the OP is against is radical & separatist feminism

Yeah, good job!

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2013
Whatever the brand name is,treat your man exactly the way he treats you.The world is meant for all of us not just for those wielding a pendulum undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
flawless..S:
beyonce is not touted as face of feminism but michelle obama

Darling,
Stop flip flopping.
Minutes ago Beyonce was a feminist according to you.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dBard: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti: Pleaaaaaaaase. . . If you are in demand as a feminist. . .SHARE YOUR TESTIMONIES. cool
No fake stories please.
I think we are tired of those on NL!

THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION FOR CYBER RIFF-RAFFS. . . NL MGBEKES AND ALATIKAS included. . . . !!!!
Thank you! cool

I think d o.p was referring t Feminists not glorified sluts. Not saying u r tho.
@o.p.. I tink d problem is wit understanding n achieving a balance. Knowing marraige is about tolerance n compromise.
African women understood that untill western ideologies pushed everything t d extreme.

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by MRSANITY(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
flawless..S:
beyonce is feminist
Beyonce is not a feminist, a woman that made a name by and for herself and after marriage decides to take the name Mrs. Carter (in a country like America) cannot be a feminist. Remember when she chose to be referred to as Mrs. Carter feminists all over the world protested one way or the other.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by MRSANITY(m): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti:

You should be a moderator of you own thread. . .but here you are acting like an embittered and sexually-frustrated 'fish-wife'.

You need to put your thread in order and stop acting like a true NL VAGABONIAN MODEARATOR OR SUPER MODERATOR with no home-training!

All the best with your useless thread. . . I have had my ere-ction. . . YOU MAKE QUITE A LOUSY PHOCK! kiss

I don't find thread starters who reply every post ON THEIR OWN THEAD appealing. . .it shows you are not here to genuinely discuss issues. . .BUT TO SEEK ATTENTION.

I hope you find it soon. . . to soothe your nerves.

Gash!. . .What a classless OP with absolutely no form of social decorum. . . .ALATIKA!

*thread unfollowed*
Yaba left patient

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by dBard: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

Which women are seen as glorified furniture or Housemaid? As long as your husband loves you, he will treat you nice and vice versa. I have always believed in equality but not the way feminists go about it. If we practice it by the book, then the women will be on the receiving end. 80 % of men marry downwards. That is women that are economically inferior. Equality will mean that men will never marry women unless the woman can foot bills equally with him. Why most feminist lose their marriage is because they enter it in the first mode with a combative mood. They are not willing to follow the lead of their husband because to do that will mean that their rights are being trampled upon. They debate and argue with their husband at every opportunity to prove that they are not subservient. They resist his leadership because they hate submission. Note here that they will gladly submit to female boss in the office but never to the leadership of their husbands. They go into marriage with a sense of competition not to complement their husbands. THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH FEMINISTS

Well said...n I don't get it where ppl got this idea women had no rights before esp in Africa?
Don't know about oda cultures, but down south here, traditions were in place t protect d rights of a woman in her home within d cultural bounds.
The way some peeps talk u will feel women of those days were all miserable n sexually frustrated running arouns n cleaning up after their men Strutting around like demigods.
The difference then was everyone had their roles t play n dey did..there was order..n they were much happier f it. Evidence being d family unit n as a consequence, society was much stronger by it.
Women want t start wearing trousers? They can go ahead n while at it..Grow some balls as well

Am out..

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Mftivi: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti: The thing wey dey vess me sointines na when NIGERIANS DISCUSS MARRIAGE. . .
Are there marriages in NIGERIA? undecided
Desperate old cargos fasting and praying for spouses BECAUSE the society EXPECTS them to use their azzzzzzzzzzzes to survive UNDER A MAN aka MRS AT ALL COST. . . .?
In 90% of cases THE NIGERIAN MEN ARE NOT MARRIAGEABLE. . . BUT ABUSIVE PSYCHOS!!!!

What kind of marriages do we have in NIGERIA. . . ? undecided 90% of them are SHAMS!

Is it not because of the EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE SOME DAFT GOD STARTED. . . BY VISCIOUSLY PLUCKING OFF THE RIB OF ONE MAD MAN TO MAKE A DENSE FEMALE. . . females have never rested on this planet.

BY THAT SAME DANE GOD. . .WE OWE YOU OUR LIVES AND DEATHS!

Na lie! I SAY YOU JAM THE ROCK OF ALL AGES!!! Na una go die first and last!!!! cool IN THE HANDS OF THE MOST VICIOUS FEMINISTS LIKE MOI IF YOU PULL ANY CHUVANISTIC STUNT WITHIN 2 CONTINENT RADIUS AROUND US! cool

Feminism is here to stay. . . as a LEGITIMATE PROTEST AGAINST THE BRUTISH MENTALITIES OF ANIMALS CALLED ABUSIVE MEN! kiss

OH YES O. . .WE ARE STILL MARRIED. . . AND WE DO NOT TRUST AND OBEY SHYTE EITHER! cool NOT YOU THE MAN OR YOUR PHOCKING GOD! kiss

IF YOU WANT SOME RESPECT. . .AND THIS POOHSIE kiss. . . YOU WILL HAVE TO EARN IT . . . THE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD WAY. . .COME AND PHOCK OR TURN GAYYYYLORD!!!!! kiss

NOT IN THIS MY HOUSE!!!!! kiss IF YOU TRY ANY NONSENSE. . . YOU WILL BE DEALT WITH IN THE LANGUAGE YOU UNDERSTAND. . .AKA FEMINISM!!!! kiss

*I endorse this message*!
A human who can die just cos the water entered the wrong pipe.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by 4teelaw(f): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi:

Yeah, good job!

Pray dinachi, r u married
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by yfo: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2013
Nomski0:
So is Michelle Obama. cheesy

Last time I checked, she's still wearing Barack's ring. undecided

And the tabloids say its about to end angry

Though I know that is most likely bogus news sha....*crosses fingers*

@topic, its your defination of feminism that is to blame here...if you took the time to research more bout the topic that you are so against then you'l seize this one-man mission you are embarking on.

You are referring to the hard-core feminists and thus dis-crediting the whole ideology which isn't right...so let me as you this, are all muslimz terrorists cuz of bokoharam

1 Like

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by ireneidiva(f): 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
Op, what point are you trying to make with this thread?
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Dantedasz(m): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
I for one have nothing against any woman who wants to be an internet feminist or a feminist of any sort.
What I am against is women who are in terrible, and violent relationships/marriages and are quite content to remain in these marriages because they want to bear Mrs Lagbaja. These same women will come on the internet claiming to be feminists and advise other women (in better relationships/marriages) and advise them to leave their marriages.
Internet feminists are such hypocrites.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Ngokafor(f): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
...@op you honestly come across as the worst kind of nag ever!! lipsrsealed undecided angryespecially with women undecided...perhaps you are a misogynist or something who knows..
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by vanitty: 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
Why must we carry the load of the whole world on our head. We are only entitled to ONE spouse legally. Never you mind that feminists are bitter people with bitter marriage experiences

Many a Men loves them some feminists!! Never mind what your idea of marriage is!! If you are not that man, move to one side and go for your own level.

2 Likes

Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by senorova(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti:

Yes! MARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIED SUGAR DADDIES ONLY BECAUSE I AM MARRIED TOO! Any problem?
I don't mess with 'widowed. . .divorced. . . or single' UNMARRIAGEABLES.

For me to look in your direction. . . YOU MUST BE MARRIED LIKE MYSELF. . . .WITH MONEY TOO!!!! kiss

NO YORUBAS OR IGBOS PLEASE! kiss
Northerners or SOUTH-SOUTHERNERS ONLY. . .NO EDO STATE MEN PLEASE. . . TUFIAKWA! kiss

Abi JIM IYKE AND CHIDI MOKEME nor get sugar MOMMAS? undecided
Why must my own be different?
It is not fight o. . . I ALWAYS MAKE MY MEN KNOW. . .IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. . .GERRRRRRRRROUT OF MY LIFE! kiss
Na dem dey chase moi. . .because I AM SWEEEEEEEEEET TO BE WITH. . . AND I KEEP THEM HAPPY ALWAYS! cool

And my husband too! A FEMINIST CAN LOVE MORE THAN ONE MAN! kiss As long as she does not KILL any of them WITH OR WITHOUT REMOTE CONTROLS to answer 'OFEGE WIDOW'!
After all MEN have been getting away with NUMEROUS PARTNERS in the names of the BIBLE and TRADITION.
Guess what. . . FEMINISM MEANS. . . .EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PHOCKING. . . no cheating!
If you catch a disease from GOD OR SATAN. . . BY ALL MEANS DIE AND LET THE WORLD REST!

The show must go on! SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. . .FIRST TO QUENCH. . . NO NEED TO FAST AND PRAY. . . WHAT IS YOURS IS YOURS TILL NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT!!!!

WHO DEY FEAR TO DIE. . . NA IM DEY FEAR TO LIVE . . .I ain't no DENSE CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITE!!!! cool

Here is your problem: you talk too much!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Gallotti: 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mftivi:
A human who can die just cos the water entered the wrong pipe.

Only the wrong pipe. . .?
THE WRONG WIND PIPE NKO? kiss
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Gallotti: 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
dinachi: Good riddance!

You can serve the lord elsewhere.
Which 'lord'? shocked
THE 'LORD' OF OMNI-IMPOTENT SEPULCRE EUNUCHS LIKE YOU? undecided
YOU NOR DEY SHAME?
Ediovban(old man) wey nor fit keep woman for house becos ya blokos nor dey work!
Awoya-FEMINIST nshi!

YOUR USELESS POSTERS CALLED ME BACK TO YOUR PHOCKING THREAD. . .
ANYONE THAT QUOTES MOI. . . RISKS A NASTY RESPONSE!

No phock off . . .YOU COCKOLD! kiss

FEMINISM GBU' U HOMO VBE RHIA. . .as my papa go tok those days! kiss

ATALAKPA!
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
This kanwulia go kill person grin grin.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by bukatyne(f): 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
@OP

Except you have met with all feminists, I don't think your queation is reasonable.

Just as different people inteprete the Bible in different ways, feminists are also view life and the man woman relationahip differently

Anyways, thanks I think I really need to read up Chidinma, we have the same opinion regarding men and their pockets
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by damiso(f): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Live and let live OP.Success in Life is not about marriage only. undecided undecided .Marriage or being married is not the be all and end all of a womans existence.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by MRSANITY(m): 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Gallotti:
Which 'lord'? shocked
THE 'LORD' OF OMNI-IMPOTENT SEPULCRE EUNUCHS LIKE YOU? undecided
YOU NOR DEY SHAME?
Ediovban(old man) wey nor fit keep woman for house becos ya blokos nor dey work!
Awoya-FEMINIST nshi!

YOUR USELESS POSTERS CALLED ME BACK TO YOUR PHOCKING THREAD. . .
ANYONE THAT QUOTES MOI. . . RISKS A NASTY RESPONSE!

No phock off . . .YOU COCKOLD! kiss

FEMINISM GBU' U HOMO VBE RHIA. . .as my papa go tok those days! kiss

ATALAKPA!
You must be from iyekeoriomwon, bush bini woman
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
bukatyne: @OP

Except you have met with all feminists, I don't think your queation is reasonable.

Just as different people inteprete the Bible in different ways, feminists are also view life and the man woman relationahip differently

You're giving this OP way too much credit.

You need to realize that some people simply have no use for common sense.
Re: Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
Fallotti:

Spot on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Slut Walk For Women's Right / Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others / "Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.