Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife (48585 Views)

Family Dog Saves Child From Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by asmaua: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
guymega: I ve 2 rottweilers and I m presently trying to get a pitt bull. I am not a vet but I ve had at least a dog around me in the past 20years and from my experience u need to bend and if possible break your kennel whenever, however or else. cry
. Yeah u are right I have 1 rotteweller and an alasian and dey are very wonderful 8 and 9 respectively, there has never been any cause for alarm, probably something happened in this case
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by COCCI(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
The truth Dogs like every other animals are highly territorial animals and again some breed of dogs like the Boxer,Rottweiler, mastiffs etc still have a wild side that is genetical and cannot be completely tamed by most people, thus owners of such dogs need extra care, in order to always check their behavioural pattern...

If you know you have little or no time for your pet, you should go for a more friendly specie because when grooming dogs, the idea is that you have to assume the leader of the pack, and that can only be instilled with proper discipline which varies from one specie to another... I grew always having dogs as pet and I can tell you for a fact that a DOG is still a man's best friend when that friendship is well established.

I have had an experience where I was driving around town and a mopol stopped me at their checking point, unknown to them, my German Shephard was chilling at the back sit and when she noticed that the mopols were almost harassing me in order for me to "drop for them"(give them money), you need to see the way the dog almost jumped out of the window charging and barking, the mopol almost fell to the floor and told me to move on, after that she was licking me all over..

Thats just one of my numerous positive experiences with this beautiful animal...I noticed that most people who own dogs usually have little or no time for them and thus they become more or less strangers.. Still luv my Dogs though

5 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by abhosts(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
I love dogs but I would never own a dog big enough to potentially overpower me.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
abhosts: I love dogs but I would never own a dog big enough to potentially overpower me.
u are nt a man joor. . .ok get urzef a leopard. . .opin aye

2 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by hermesprogidy(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
I sure say na this dog yoruba people see., come conjure the word 'agbako'.. This dog looks mean!!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by funnyx(m): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
COCCI: The truth Dogs like every other animals are highly territorial animals and again some breed of dogs like the Boxer,Rottweiler, mastiffs etc still have a wild side that is genetical and cannot be completely tamed by most people, thus owners of such dogs need extra care, in order to always check their behavioural pattern...

If you know you have little or no time for your pet, you should go for a more friendly specie because when grooming dogs, the idea is that you have to assume the leader of the pack, and that can only be instilled with proper discipline which varies from one specie to another... I grew always having dogs as pet and I can tell you for a fact that a DOG is still a man's best friend when that friendship is well established.

I have had an experience where I was driving around town and a mopol stopped me at their checking point, unknown to them, my German Shephard was chilling at the back sit and when she noticed that the mopols were almost harassing me in order for me to "drop for them"(give them money), you need to see the way the dog almost jumped out of the window charging and barking, the mopol almost fell to the floor and told me to move on, after that she was licking me all over..

Thats just one of my numerous positive experiences with this beautiful animal...I noticed that most people who own dogs usually have little or no time for them and thus they become more or less strangers.. Still luv my Dogs though

Your analysis is spot on, in a nutshell keeping dogs is not for everyone.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
Why the dog come resemble Onila?
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by nupera: 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
Like Milan Ceaser says....exercise, discipline and affection. In that order. if you can't hold that out to your dog don't own one.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by DICKtator: 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Okija_juju: Tom Vick... The Dogs thought he was Michael Vick.. grin grin grin grin grin

Hell nah.

Dude has repented!!!!

Let sleeping dogs lie (no pun intended)

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by fabby26(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Omo, dis dog no dey smile o
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Jayhyoung: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
hmmmm! Dog ar evil domestical animal,,,,, i just hate dogs, (1) dia behavior (2) wia they nrmal eat nd play (3) they can run mad @ any fucking time,,,.,.,.,.,. Anyway RIP to d man dat incident hapune to ooooooooo
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Boxers have a mean grumpy look
They also like to pace back and forth,they look intimidating
I don't know why people keep angry dogs like pit bulls and Rottweilers or train dogs to attack and want to play with the same dogs thinking they won't turn on them
If I was a dog person I would get me a cute little poodle
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Eisenhower(m): 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
chai! See wetin dog do and me dey plan to get wolf as pet. Oh God, I don watch 'game of thrones' too much .

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Akalia(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
There are two types of dogs (1) security dogs and (2) pet dogs. Dogs like rotweiler, pitbull, boxer german shepherd, turkish kangal e.t.c are security dogs, they are not meant to be at home unchained cos of their unstable nature of attacking the owner and strangers; this dogs are domestic beasts.pet dogs on the other hand are friendly and are predictable cos they listen to the owners irrespective of been hungry or not tolerating d presence of a strange dog. E.g gray hound,chihuahua,dalmatian e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by yemisaheed: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
am very sure, this Dog dey smoke weed.
slimthugchimee: This dog be like dude you no know say i dey smoke weed you won mess with me
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Bimpe29: 5:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Kai! This is really saddening. Behold a killer dog looking angrily and hungrily for human flesh. Rearing of such dogs require a whole lot of preventive and control measures.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Akalia(m): 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
In addition the way a dog is tamed from a tender age(puppy) irrespective of the breed will reflect it's adult disposition. If u want ur dog to b friendly, tolerant and less aggressive then u should expose d dog to people and other dogs and animals at a very tender age(socialization).on the other hand u want to raise a mean and fierce dog at ur own risk then always isolate it, starve it and do all soughts of mean tinx to it,then d real mad beast in it will come alive.

2 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by expensive007(m): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
All I have to say is: RIP to the dead & Beware of dogs to those who are still alive! If you support my submission, hit LIKE. Thanks!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
one of the main reason why the dog attacked them must be because the dog doesn't see them as the packleader. this will be as a result of how they handled the dog. so dogs are too aggressive and body so trying to handle them like you handle your normal poodle(soft handling ) will make the dog not to respect your presence. if you don't reprimand aggressive dog every now and then,they will start seeing themselves as the leader of the pack whether you like it or not! as a dog owner you must. make your dogs to know that you are in charge, dogs especially dogs like boxer,pitbull,bulldog and Rottweiler. must be handled with strong hands.... even though they are called domestic animals or pets,they still follow the law of territorial defense .if you handle this type of dogs with soft hands their interpretation of your handling of them would be that you are weaker than they are and so therefore they will need to take charge and become pack leader.

As yoi can see that the dog that attacked it's owner was having a fight with another dog... no doubt the dog felt that it's leadership as packleader was being threatened and when the owner came to separate them,the dog must have thought that the owner was also coming to challenge it so he had to eliminate any threat to it's leadership.

I have Rottweiler, Alsatian and a Shiba inu,all are aggressive dogs and I know how to handle them,as a matter of fact they don't dare fight in my presence Cuz I will come down hard on them. I don't give them chance at all to think themselves equal,I don't even allow them to growl at eachother. I handle them with an iron hand.

buying a dog is one thing,and knowing how to train them is another.

6 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Originalsly: 5:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
The owners should have known better....the dog could have been well trained and all that...but when in a fight most of that training is useless and the dog will act more on its instinct. He should know not to jump in the middle of a dog fight. I wouldn't be surprised if the wife defends the dog... and fights to have the beast back in the home...happens all the time.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Its truly a sad story. But as an experienced dog handler, whenever dogs are fighting u don't go between them to separate fights, they are not humans. Just throw water at them, enough to make them wet, or use a long stick to beat them, they will separate.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by IyfeNamikaze(m): 5:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Shakespeare: Its truly a sad story. But as an experienced dog handler, whenever dogs are fighting u don't go between them to separate fights, they are not humans. Just throw water at them, enough to make them wet, or use a long stick to beat them, they will separate.
if you were anything but experienced then you wouldn't have wrote this.
if Your dogs are fighting, you can separate them by grabbing both of them at the back of their neck,separate them and make sure they are face in opposite sides... dogs understand barks,so while you are doing the separation, use loud and strong words on them. this will make them know that you are in charge and that you do not allow such behaviour.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze: if you were anything but experienced then you wouldn't have wrote this.
if Your dogs are fighting, you can separate them by grabbing both of them at the back of their neck,separate them and make sure they are face in opposite sides... dogs understand barks,so while you are doing the separation, use loud and strong words on them. this will make them know that you are in charge and that you do not allow such behaviour.
well I guess you wanna follow the man's steps. He's now resting in peace jst because he believed he could separate 'his dogs'.

2 Likes

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by vivalavida(m): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
U need to see the four gigantic mean looking neapolitan dog breed my aunt owns. The day i went with some of ma homies to see ma aunt and da family,these guys refused steppn outta the car. They had to whine the glasses up cause the dogs were patrolling around the cars.
Then i saw one that looked like a lion in a cage. It was brought to mate with ma aunts dog. That one gave me the shivers when it growled and barked
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hehehe dogs aren't smiling ....... Lwkmd....... Anyways e be like sey dem buy the dogs as dem big cuz ion see any reason why I'd train a dog and it'll still attack me later.... Anyways pele ooooo n rip to the late dude
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by mu2sa2: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Now and again events keep confirming the message of God's messenger. Since over 1400 years ago we have been admonished not to keep dogs as pets. See the consequence of disobedience!
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by TinyPrincess(f): 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
I cant imagine me having a dog with that kinda face as a pet
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Seun(m): 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
jumzzy448: I beg hubby to move it out. now the dog is in hubby's home town..
The dog has been made into peppersoup meat by the people holding it for your hubby in his home town. They will tell him that it ran away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by striker9(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
You buy a big dog,you need to get yourself a gun.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by patriki(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
R.I.P.....
But this Dog look like human being oh...no smiling...
Me i love dogs....
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Janetozi(f): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hmm, the dog face is so fearful, stone face.
Re: Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2013

d dog b lyk...oga,do i luk lyk m jokin.. >:...its obvious,d dog get rabies..bt b4 d tin go attack..den d oga don offènd erm b4 niyen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tunji Disu’s Rottweiler Dogs (Rapid Response Service Commander) / Police Trace Stolen Dog To Pepper Soup Pot Ready For Customers In Lagos / Meet Some Of My Gsds (DDR Bloodlines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.