Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? (48175 Views)

Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? / A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / What Are The Most RACIST Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by olahero(m): 7:19am On Jan 01, 2014
marshborn:
Poverty is a disease
Yeah, even it is big disease.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by taiocol: 7:23am On Jan 01, 2014
but i think africa is mre than both of em

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 01, 2014
The Brits believe you're on their home soil hence give you the shit treatment. America is a no man's land...colonists. The Brits are more racist in my opinion.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by kraftyiyk: 7:26am On Jan 01, 2014
modextus: To best of my knowledge I think its tha uk, they barely use blacks in their movies unlike the way americans does. undecided
and Americans use blacks mostly as the bad guys in there movie .. grin grin grin, even Devil whom we were told was God's most handsome servant is painted as a black man in American and Uk movies and church demonstrations/sculpture/drawings...i think both of them are on the same class as racist countries, none is better than the other.

3 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by bigx(m): 7:33am On Jan 01, 2014
MENTORCH: It depends on the part of UK and the part of USA, like scotland racism is more, than in england, in USA racism is more in white states like missouri, colorado, but on a general note its more in the UK because when they see you they know you are from africa, unlike USA were they are black Americans.

There are black (naturalised) British too

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by madnigerian: 7:34am On Jan 01, 2014
Only had experience of the UK.....I lived in a Northern UK town while doing a PG degree(Liverpool)....and I would like to say that the UK is pretty tolerant.

Though...the said town had four universities, and several international tertiary level style schools, which heavily recruited foreign students, which in turn brought money to said town.

So any racist behavior would be disastrous for the town's economy.

Like some people have said, Nigerians can be racist.....example, some Nigerians who refuse to agree to their children marrying a foreigner.

4 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by tony9k: 7:36am On Jan 01, 2014
While it is a big challenge to prevent individuals from displaying racist tendencies the major issue is how the law or governments respond to such behaviour. In the two countries it is a crime to be racist and there have been numerous cases of prosecution. Can we say the same thing about the law in African countries on display of tribal tendencies or nepotism. It does not appear to be a criminal act. The tribal comments displayed on NL is unbelievable. Just a food for thought.

19 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Smily202(m): 7:38am On Jan 01, 2014
undecided undecided

Havnt been there......

Planning to fly to any one by end of 2014.

Shout Amen for me..... grin grin..

4 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by kevoh(m): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2014
Na wa for this kind of front page thread for early 2014. Any way the bolded part in the quoted post says it all.
tony9k: While it is a big challenge to prevent individuals from displaying racist tendencies the major issue is how the law or governments respond to such behaviour. In the two countries it is a crime to be racist and there have been numerous cases of prosecution. Can we say the same thing about the law in African countries on display of tribal tendencies or nepotism. It does not appear to be a criminal act. The tribal comments displayed on NL is unbelievable. Just a food for thought.

2 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Homar(m): 7:42am On Jan 01, 2014
you got to hand it to france and canada for their non racism .

4 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by anitank(f): 7:51am On Jan 01, 2014
As far as I know.... it's the UK
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 01, 2014
I guess they both have their own levels of racism, but Americans are really outspoken, and will tell it to your face if they are discriminating, while Britons are more reserved and quiet.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by RealMccoy2(m): 7:54am On Jan 01, 2014
azjaponnaisnoir: I advise use to better stay in Uk; their also as tolerant as USA 4 me; USA too tolerant but the crime rate and the fear really scares me; I live in auckland; i remenber when i went to america on holidays January 2013 i was supposed to stay for 2 weeks; just behind my appartement; there were gang shootin' (new york) damn i left after 1 week i was so scared lol;neer heard gun shootin' in my life that was the first time lmao; i prefer UK smiley just for that
Your grammar and lack of correct spelling exposed your location in Oshodi. How did you manage to secure visa? It is oakland and not Auckland. .... grin

4 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by ximarro(m): 7:54am On Jan 01, 2014
Na U.S.A
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2014
I have been to both countries in my dream an I can tell u that U.K is more into this racism shit; that's why I don't stay more than my sleep can take me.

2 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by rckdude: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2014
krafty iyk: and Americans use blacks mostly as the bad guys in there movie .. grin grin grin, even Devil whom we were told was God's most handsome servant is painted as a black man in American and Uk movies and church demonstrations/sculpture/drawings...i think both of them are on the same class as racist countries, none is better than the other.

But America used Morgan Freeman as God in Bruce Almighty.

6 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by dabossman(m): 8:02am On Jan 01, 2014
Real-Mccoy:

Your grammar and lack of correct spelling exposed your location in Oshodi. How did you manage to secure visa? It is oakland and not Auckland. .... grin

Can you see how you've just exhibited your ignorance? The guy said he lives in Auckland but visited America on vacation. I believe there is still an Auckland in New Zealand. Abi, dem no dey do geography for schools in oshodi where you sef dey?

That said, I think it does depend on the location in both countries and how liberal the inhabitants of such locations are. Besides, any conflict a black man has with a white man in those countries will most likely be narrowed down to racism. It's just the way of man.

28 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 01, 2014
Real-Mccoy:

What is wrong with some people?Why are you displaying your ignorance and stupidity?Auckland is in New Zealand and that's where I suppose the writer lives..are you saying Auckland does not exist or what?There is a saying that there is no fool like a big fool!

11 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by buskie13(m): 8:06am On Jan 01, 2014
ITbomb: Everybody who comments on the pages of this thread must go to either USA or UK this wonderful year 2014 IJN Amen.
Click like to claim it
i've neva been out of Nigeria once,will be hopin on God to do it this year and dats why i shout i thunderous AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Tolux17: 8:16am On Jan 01, 2014
I think UK is,From what I have heard from people...
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by daxon001(m): 8:18am On Jan 01, 2014
I'v neva been out of 9ja tho;d farthest place I'v been so far is akwa ibom state.lol.but being a well-informed guy.I don't see a black thriving in d uk unlike d us where even d president is black.in practically all d spheres(movies,sports,politics,music etc.) in d uk.I don't think a black has made a mark.and I think d british ppl are stingy men!
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by judedwriter(m): 8:20am On Jan 01, 2014
It has to be the us of a. Before they abolished slave trade in america it took a bloody civil war while uk had since stopped the trade. Its a miracle that yankee has a black presido wink
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Asemo11(m): 8:22am On Jan 01, 2014
I never G̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ §☺̴̩̩̥̩̩̩̥ I no no when I G̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ I G̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ cΌ̲̣̣̣̥•̸Ϟﻉ commet abeg ♏A̶̲̥̅kﻉ ona no quote ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ oh. Hapi new year
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by grandstar(m): 8:28am On Jan 01, 2014
ITbomb: Everybody who comments on the pages of this thread must go to either USA or UK this wonderful year 2014 IJN Amen.
Rather pray ur name be in the book of life.(2cor 4:18) (matt 6:25-33) (luke12:15-21). Evrytin is vanity

6 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by worry359(m): 8:29am On Jan 01, 2014
Looking at the replies to this thread I think it should be altered!
Do Africans bring their own racism to UK & USA?

2 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by satmaniac(m): 8:30am On Jan 01, 2014
Mr Knowitall:

lol I guess you got me this time. We shall meet again... am using my phone browse thats why.
Mr Knowitall:

lol I guess you got me this time. We shall meet again... am using my phone browse thats why.
Mr Knowitall:

One more thing.... It is Nigeria not nigerian.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Following Are The Countries Already In 2019 / Missing Air Force Alpha Jet Found Crashed At Abba-Jille, Fate Of Pilots Unknown / Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Parts Fell Off In U.S(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.