Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? (48127 Views)

Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? / A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / What Are The Most RACIST Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by eaglechild: 1:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
bigx: They are the same,

The British are very pretentious and "polite" and would never tell you to their face but their Body language and private discussions expose all. Americans are more outspoken which is why you hang them.

P.s remain in Nigeria and improve it, travel on business trips/holidays don't clutter people's countries for them.
Spot on!
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by rafcrown(m): 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
DONT FORGET THE VISA LOTTERY EVERY YEAR TO ENCOURAGE FOREIGNERS TO COME TO USA
DONT FORGET THE NOS OF FOREIGNERS BEING ATTRACTED TO USA
DONT FORGET THE IMMIGRATION POLICIES OF THE 2 COUNTRIES
REMEMBER also
the availability of Racists bodies and groups approved and recognised by the state
the ability of Obama to reach the highest political position
the opportunities available for many ,not few to get good jobs NOT THE MAINLY RESERVED FOR BLACKS jobs
INSTITUTIONAL RACISM?

UK IS ON TOP,WHEN U TALK OF RACISM
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Quelme: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
Everybody who comments on the pages of this thread must go to either USA or UK this wonderful year 2014 IJN Amen.
Click like to claim it. Nigerians!!! Even if na hellfire dem go still wan go... Oya na, lemme fasten my seatbelt... Off to UK, i go...

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by ceejayluv(m): 1:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
solomon111: If you think there's racism in Nigeria,then you need to get a refund from whichever university you went to.
Racism in Subsaharan africa is almost zero.
What we have here are tribalism,nepotism and chronic religious brainwash.
One of the numerous definitions of "Race" is:
"A family, tribe, people or nation belonging to the same stock"
(Merriam-Webster)
Tribalism = racism...
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by rafcrown(m): 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
solomon111: Sorry,i don't give a hoot.
Both countries can be racist for all i care.
It's their country afterall.
If you don't like it,then stay in your country.
They don't owe you any apology.

FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT FREEDOM TO LIVE WHEREVER U WANT LEGALLY.FOREIGNERS ALL OVER THE WORLD INCLUDING AFRICA
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
Okija_juju: America:: Racist toward Blacks in states like Tenessee, Kenturkey, Missisippi, Arkansas, West Virginia, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma.

States like California and some of the states listed above are racist towards not just blacks, but Asians, Mexicans and worst of all Arabs..

[b]U.K:: stabbing capital of the world.. Hate mostly Blacks and Indians[/b]

But like someone said, it depends on what part of the country you live in..

That stabbing is mostly blacks on blacks. So will you call that racist?

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by bee444: 1:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year all. I hope this time the mod wont delete my post.

Been there done that. The enemy you know is far better than the angel you just met, na people talk am o.

The US is far better and more open than the UK. US tell you to your face if they dislike you and you would notice from their reaction and gesture.

Now to the pretender of all.. the UK ofcourse. They are dangerous, vipers, haters and killer of dreams. They would laugh with you, tell you what you want to hear and even have a drink with you. But as soon as you turn your back, they hate your gut.

The UK racism is more subtle and hidden ( against the law to show hatred) but institutionalised. Their racism in visible at work and anything that has to do with govt.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by bigdickoyinbo: 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
They are both equally racist. Now on to a more important topic. As a supreme master race oyinbo, which country will I experience more racism in: Nigeria or Ghana?

The answer will decide my travel plans.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by lafflaff123(m): 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
GustavoFring:

Oga stop lying.

Firstly, your assertion that a black man is likely to get openly pelted with eggs and whatnot is so funny. As if we did not see some Nigerians openly Murder a white man in the street a couple of months back.

Also, with your reference to politics and 'not being able to go past a certain level', I call Bullshyte....Did you know that as far back as 1892 there were Asians being elected as MPs in Britain?

Have you heard of Baron Victor Adebowale who has a seat at the House of Lords(Upper house of Parliarment)?

Have you heard of Baroness Warsi who also had a seat at Lords and was even a Minister?

Have you heard of Chuka Ummuna who is currently being tipped to be the 1st black prime minister?

Diane Abbot?

Michael Adeyeye who is the Mayor of Brent?

You can continue to wallow in Ignorance but stop perpetuating it!

Rubbish.

You are just running your mouth spewing BS as if you were there when Diana died.

You are shouting about the British being racist because there is no black king of England.

There are oyibos living in Nigeria. Why dont you make one of them the Alaafin of Oyo or the Obi of Onitsha.

Infact, why dont you vote them in as president in 2015.

Olodo oshi

Ignorance they say is BLISS.

Will continue to pray for people like you living in the UK with your small dreams, small cars, small houses, shared toilets, no Parking space, Meat counting in your soup when you have Visitors and the Constant bullying you face in the UK.

The UK is so Racist that the immigration goes into the buses and pick out those that LOOK foreign, to ascertain the status.

The other day on Youtube I saw Immigration randomly picking people that LOOKED different at Stratford Train Station to verify their status. Ever heard the WORD profiling? Let the Immigration try that in the United States and they will make a lot of people rich, but what do blacks like you in the UK like you do? Meekly say than God that's nor me.

Bottom line is, you guys in the UK are a bunch of JOKE and the sooner you guys realize that you are 5th Class Citizens, then the better.

I repeat, the UK is so RACIST, that it makes Russia look like a good vacation spot.

6 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Idrismusty97(m): 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
Anyone who said the UK have racism haven't been to places like Poland where there are only 3000 blacks.You would be stared at like some sort of alien grin.American is the most tolerant place even do slavery started their.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
lafflaff123:

Will continue to pray for people like you living in the UK with your small dreams, small cars, small houses, shared toilets, no Parking space, Meat counting in your soup when you have Visitors and the Constant bullying you face in the UK.

The UK is so Racist that the immigration goes into the buses and pick out those that LOOK foreign, to ascertain the status.

The other day on Youtube I saw Immigration randomly picking people that LOOKED different at Stratford Train Station to verify their status. Ever heard the WORD profiling? Let the Immigration try that in the United States and they will make a lot of people rich, but what do blacks like you in the UK like you do? Meekly say than God that's nor me.

Bottom line is, you guys in the UK are a bunch of JOKE and the sooner you guys realize that you are 5th Class Citizens, then the better.

I repeat, the UK is so RACIST, that it makes Russia look like a good vacation spot.

Lol

You are a joke.

How many Nigerians live in Big Houses, drive Big Cars, and Have their own toilets in Nigeria?

I'm a young black man doing extremely well here in the UK, never worked a menial job, and own my own flat.

I drive a Beemer Z4 and I'm loving life.

I'm turned 26 today and I came here in 2010.

I'm living a far better life than I was living in Nigeria and I know so many black people doing fantastically well.

Take a walk through the City of London where I work and you will see so many young/old black professionals.

You mentioned profiling in the UK, how about Nigeria where the police man that is fvcking you up is BLACK LIKE YOU? Where the politician ripping you off is BLACK LIKE YOU? The Kidnapper that bundled you away is BLACK LIKE YOU.

The man that looked you in the eye and sold fake drugs to treat your daughter is FROM YOUR OWN VILLAGE.

Look oga, like I said, you can continue to wallow in ignorance, but I beg you stop perpetuating it.

Good day.

10 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by bee444: 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
lafflaff123:

I believe you have said it all. A more balanced observation of the UK is needed and you have just done justice to it. To truly understand the UK, I emplore @everyone to read your post.

3 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by gabbytabby: 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2014
My general assessment is I found US more segregated lot of Italian, Asian, Irish, Mexican, Black etc areas and those that are racist are more likely to be upfront about it and totally in your face. I found the people to be friendlier and more accomodating. Some places can be so violent that people will refuse to tell you how to get there if you want to see the different sides to the area (cos its that dangerous they can spot a stranger a mile off and are likely to try to take advantage of you).

By contrast, in UK, you are less likely to be in mortal danger in any part but on the surface, appears less racist but, behind there hides the real people, they are quite underhand about it and will smile to your face even when they have dug up where they intend to bury you. Most cosmopolitan areas are better than remote places. You are more likely to have rich, middle class and relatively poor areas and even then, you hardly find a total no go area as social housing is in all areas such that most communities are a mixture of all income groups. They are less friendly and you might have neighbours that you dont see or talk to for months.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by kid7soccer(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
Watup bro hapi new yr, d post was about uk and usa, why did u bring up nigeria, do u hate nigeria just askin.
Mr Knowitall:

lol I guess you got me this time. We shall meet again... am using my phone browse thats why.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
Nigeria is more racist!

ITbomb: Everybody who comments on the pages of this thread must go to either USA or UK this wonderful year 2014 IJN Amen.
Click like to claim it
Go to USA or UK to do what exactly? count snowfalls? If you guys are praying atleast have direction. hian

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by lafflaff123(m): 1:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
GustavoFring:

Lol

You are a joke.

How many Nigerians live in Big Houses, drive Big Cars, and Have their own toilets in Nigeria?

I'm a young black man doing extremely well here in the UK, never worked a menial job, and own my own flat.

I drive a Beemer Z4 and I'm loving life.

I'm turned 26 today and I came here in 2010.

I'm living a far better life than I was living in Nigeria and I know so many black people doing fantastically well.

Take a walk through the City of London where I work and you will see so many young/old black professionals.

You mentioned profiling in the UK, how about Nigeria where the police man that is fvcking you up is BLACK LIKE YOU? Where the politician ripping you off is BLACK LIKE YOU? The Kidnapper that bundled you away is BLACK LIKE YOU.

The man that looked you in the eye and sold fake drugs to treat your daughter is FROM YOUR OWN VILLAGE.

Look oga, like I said, you can continue to wallow in ignorance, but I beg you stop perpetuating it.

Good day.

Okay. So you just turned 26? and just came in 20 10? That answers everything.

Knocking myself on the head for even joining issues with a newbie.

One line for you. YOU WILL LEARN AND GROW UP.

3 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Ilaje44(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
tony9k: While it is a big challenge to prevent individuals from displaying racist tendencies the major issue is how the law or governments respond to such behaviour. In the two countries it is a crime to be racist and there have been numerous cases of prosecution. Can we say the same thing about the law in African countries on display of tribal tendencies or nepotism. It does not appear to be a criminal act. The tribal comments displayed on NL is unbelievable. Just a food for thought.
You are a wise man! Tell them! A US President or a British Prime Minister would have resigned if he/she had said a part of the population of his Country is the bed rock of his government. Nigerian societies are in many aspects very homophobic and unenlightened.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by FemiNagasaki(m): 1:59pm On Jan 01, 2014
grin grin
worry 359:
Mrs Knownothing
Just to educate you a tiny bit!
LACTATION is giving milk like female does for baby. shocked smiley
LOCATION is a place where you are!! grin
grin
worry 359:
Mrs Knownothing
grin
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
worry 359:
Mrs Knownothing
cheesy
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by breadtom: 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
Quelme: Everybody who comments on the pages of this thread must go to either USA or UK this wonderful year 2014 IJN Amen.
Click like to claim it. Nigerians!!! Even if na hellfire dem go still wan go... Oya na, lemme fasten my seatbelt... Off to UK, i go...
dis one u rantling all over the thread are u dat jobless or american dey hungry u go,first enta plane reach ur village first b4 u tink of living naijah u need dat cos u have never taste the experience of being on bound may be ur first time inside a plane will calm ur nerves aerocontractor will be more willing to accept u on board as a first timer my 2kobo.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Heyliesha(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2014
ITbomb: Everybody who comments on the pages of this thread must go to either USA or UK this wonderful year 2014 IJN Amen.
Click like to claim it
wat shud i do nw?
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Ilaje44(m): 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
kalufelix: blacks are taking over this world... dats 1 tin I know
How and when are blacks taking over the world when the most populous black Country in the world is presided over by a "visionless dumbo"? Please tell me how you're taking over the world when a black nation can barely generate 24hr electricity all year round? Tell me how you're taking over the world when you can not even provide the basic things of life for your citizens? Tell me how you're taking over the world when your leaders are puppets in world politics. Anyway, I have nothing against your dream, as a black man myself, I support it. However, being a realist, I know Africa has a long way to go. Nigeria has even a longer way.

6 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by amefi(m): 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2014
worry 359:
Mrs Knownothing
[b]LACTATION
is giving milk like female does for baby. shocked smiley
LOCATION is a place where you are!! grin[/b]

It actually describes the secretion of milk from the mammary glands and the period of time that a mother lactates to feed her young. The process occurs in all female mammals. In humans the process of feeding milk is called breastfeeding or nursing.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by eldav(m): 2:30pm On Jan 01, 2014
Let me get to those places first.
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2014
i just want to reply those Eurocentric self hating blacks who want to equate tribalism and nepotism with outright racism i.e a deep sitting tendency to hate the other person for no just cause but the colour of his skin.

I want any of you who, while refering to tribalism, say we are more racist than anyone else to pls tell me when you have gone to the market to buy a comodity eg cloth and the shop keeper tells you to test the cloth in a different compartment. Tell me when you have gone to a shop to buy anything and the shop keeper just by seeing you are from a different ethnic group, told you that you cant buy the comodity like Oprah was told in Switzerland.

Has an igbo man gone to buy tubers of yam from a Hausa or Yoruba and he was treated like trash because of nothing else but his Ethnicity?

YesBH is killing people today and their targets maybe Christians, majority of whom are not Hausa Fulani. But we all know there are political undertones to the killings! Now, that kind of killing/treatment isnt parrallels with the kind of treatment metted out to Oprah in Switzerland, or the killing of Black people in Russia or the monkey chants directed at Ballottelli in Italy, is it?
They arent parallels becos one is dependent on political expediencies while the other is outright hatred for the other person becos of his skin colour.

Infact, the tribalism we are talking about is actually a colonial legacy! How many countries in Europe are constituted the way ours are constituted? Dont you think thats why tribalism isnt too comon among them in their countries?

Yugoslavia is one European country that was like every other African country in terms of demographics and i want you guys to tell me where Yugoslavia is today? Russia is another one but cant you see bombings every where in the country?

Fact, hate in Africa can be understood taking into account Africa's recent history. But hate in Europe and America cannot be understood for it is founded on nothing but a deep sitting tendency not to like the other person because of his skin colour.

7 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ilaje44:
How and when are blacks taking over the world when the most populous black Country in the world is presided over by a "visionless dumbo"? Please tell me how you're taking over the world when a black nation can barely generate 24hr electricity all year round? Tell me how you're taking over the world when you can not even provide the basic things of life for your citizens? Tell me how you're taking over the world when your leaders are puppets in world politics. Anyway, I have nothing against your dream, as a black man myself, I support it. However, being a realist, I know Africa has a long way to go. Nigeria has even a longer way.

we are living at a point in time when thousands of KMs can be covered in less than an hour.

Endeavor (hope i spelt it correctly) to listen to the BBC world service programmes on rising economies every week day next week at 9 GMT
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
as for nepotism: this happens when there are few opportunities for so many people. Create more opportunities, and nepotism will drop!
Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by cap28: 2:44pm On Jan 01, 2014
bjdon:

The progress of blacks in the UK and US can't be compared on a like for like basis. Blacks have been in the US in large numbers for over 250 years. Since the end of the American civil war, the blacks in the North were more or less free to get an education and pursue their dreams. In the UK large scale black migration did not start till the 1950's and this was mainly from the West Indies. The vast majority of these migrants were blue collar working class with very little aspiration/ambition for themselves or their offspring. The professional black middle class in the UK has only really come into effect in the last 30 years and it mainly consists of those of African origin. I predict that a generation from now you'll see blacks in the UK occupying top positions in business and politics as it is the US today.

Sorry the above is totally wrong.

Africans were taken to America in large numbers starting from the 1600s
At the end of the civil war former slaves still had to face white hostility and many could not get an education as they were still regarded as inferior both in the north and the southern parts of the united states.

Whites in many southern states in the united states worked hard to ensure that blacks were not allowed to vote despite the fifteenth amendments which stipulates that no American citizen should be prevented from voting on the basis of their race. The southern states used a number of methods to block former slaves from voting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disfranchisement_after_Reconstruction_era

By 1876 Jim Crow or segregation laws had been enacted in the southern states of the united states and this went on until 1965:

The Jim Crow laws were racial segregation laws enacted between 1876 and 1965 in the United States at the state and local level. They mandated de jure racial segregation in all public facilities in Southern states of the former Confederacy, with, starting in 1890, a "separate but equal" status for African Americans. The separation in practice led to conditions for African Americans that tended to be inferior to those provided for white Americans, systematizing a number of economic, educational and social disadvantages. De jure segregation mainly applied to the Southern United States. While Northern segregation was generally de facto, there were patterns of segregation in housing enforced by covenants, bank lending practices, and job discrimination, including discriminatory union practices for decades.

Some examples of Jim Crow laws are the segregation of public schools, public places, and public transportation, and the segregation of restrooms, restaurants, and drinking fountains for whites and blacks. The U.S. military was also segregated.

These Jim Crow Laws followed the 1800–1866 Black Codes, which had previously restricted the civil rights and civil liberties of African Americans with no pretense of equality. State-sponsored school segregation was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States in 1954 in Brown v. Board of Education. Generally, the remaining Jim Crow laws were overruled by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_crow

Large scale black migration to the UK did not begin in the 1950s it started as far back as the first world war when large numbers of African men were enlisted by the british army to assist the british in the first world war, many were sent back to Africa after the war ended but many remained. The ones who remained were mainly sailors, they could not get jobs due to racial discrimination and were confined to port towns like London, Liverpool, Glasgow, Bristol and hull, despite their small numbers they were confronted with terrible racial discrimination and violence from the indigenous people.
West Indian immigration to the UK was introduced by the UK govt in the 1950s because the UK govt suffered a shortage of unskilled labour as many of their men had been killed in the second world war. Many west Indians were brought in to fill these jobs and the objective was for them to undertake only unskilled work, no skilled jobs were available to black people in the UK during that period. Many west Indians who responded were escaping poverty which had been created by the british who had benefitted from the vast wealth generated from the slave plantation system which they had set up there. After slavery was abolished no provision was made for the descendants of the freed slaves and many of those islands were overcrowded and undeveloped, triggering the need for many of its inhabitants to seek greener pastures elsewhere, it is completely untrue that west indian immigrants had no aspirations for themselves and their offspring.

The whole idea behind them leaving those islands was to obtain a better life for themselves and their offspring. A lot of them were also skilled workers but could not do anything other than unskilled work due to discrimination and racism which was and still is very rampant here in the UK.

The white racist establishment has continued to fail generation after generation of black youths in the UK by failing to provide them with the same opportunities in life as white youths.

The so called black middle class in the UK is so small in number it is ludicrous to even refer to it as such, they have no substantial economic or political power and are in such minute numbers that they are not even acknowledged by the british power structure, you have more Asian professionals within the system who have a stronger economic power base, they are also favoured more by British employers and feature more in high paying jobs than africans or carribeans.

6 Likes

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by boss1310(m): 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
my answer is also a question.can a black man be a prime minister in uk

1 Like

Re: USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? by Afam4eva(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2014
It's also imperative to note that the racism in the UK is more institutional than it is personal. There's an extent to which a black person or a foreigner can progress in the UK. That's why you don't have the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Obama, Condeleza rice etc in the UK. More black people keep getting to the top in the US unlike the UK.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Living In Lagos / Ghanaian Lady Made To Jump Into Gutter To Pick What She Threw In There (Photos) / Truckload Of Beer Crashes In Akwa Ibom, Residents Get Free Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.