Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? (121661 Views)

I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by buklan: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2014
gommex: If u r a girl jus keep eatin more food n takea som blood tonic but if u a guy, go to any chemist n buy cyprivit syrup, I op u r not workin because u will want to consume d whole food in d house

Is d same drug good for lady too?
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by heykims(m): 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
pembisco: As a medical student, let try and help in a way i can, thers a test called BMI (Body Mass Index) this will determine weda u need to add weight or not
BMI= weight(kg) divide by square root of your height (m) and from your data,
weight=55kg
height= 5.6m.....square root of 5.6 =2.4 appxm
BMI = 55 divide by 2.4 = 22.9
Note. Normal of BMI is between the range of 19-24
25-29 is over-weight
30 and above is considered as obesity
so my broda..your weight is proportional to your heigh and you dont need to add more weight. its normal, forget abt those calling you names
Plz don't blackmail Nigerian medical school wt ds trash. U re surely not a medical student. Medical students re only undergraduates studying Medicine nd Surgery in d universities.
U re most likely a student in one schl of health technology or just studying a paramedic course, yet u re a disgrace to Nigeria.
BMI is calculated as weight in kg divided by d square of height in meters(wch can neva be 5.6m)
Normal value is btw 19 to 24.9

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by paschalndidi(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
The questions i will ask you are these: Do you always ve rest of mind? Are you always happy? Do u think a lot? If you do all these, i tell you no matter what you eat, you will remain skinny. Eat good food if you ve the money. Be happy and i tell you, you wil add weight in good time

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Loveth2434: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
My dear appreciate ur self d way God made u because he has a purpose. 4 making u dat way cool
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
heykims:
Plz don't blackmail Nigerian medical school wt ds trash. U re surely not a medical student. Medical students re only undergraduates studying Medicine nd Surgery in d universities.
U re most likely a student in one schl of health technology or just studying a paramedic course, yet u re a disgrace to Nigeria.
BMI is calculated as weight in kg divided by d square of height in meters(wch can neva be 5.6m)
Normal value is btw 19 to 24.9

He made a mistake and should be corrected not crucified like many of you have done.

Nigerians self and their ITK. angry

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by cyty: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Does the drug work for ladies too
gommex: If u r a girl jus keep eatin more food n takea som blood tonic but if u a guy, go to any chemist n buy cyprivit syrup, I op u r not workin because u will want to consume d whole food in d house
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by theshadowknows: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
You needn't bother yourself about your size now for you are still very young. your body's metabolism is high at the moment and you are undergoing a lot of brain activity at yr current age. Not much might change in you physiology even when you eat alot though you should start gaining within yr late 20s. My advice; don't be too Eger to gain much weight now. Trust me , you will look really fit and attractive by then. Though if you can't wait some blood tonic might help.......PS you might want to read the story of the ugly duckling. Good luck
smiley
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by heykims(m): 6:51am On Jan 05, 2014
rudedough:

He made a mistake and should be corrected not crucified like many of you have done.

That couldn't have been a mistake, too gross to be one.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by waffibabe1: 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
ask Eniola badmus what she eat dat make her fat. if u need her number, i can giv u cool
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by majalisa(m): 12:18am On Jan 06, 2014
rudedough:

such a mistake could put the op into a deeper mess

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by heykims(m): 6:41am On Jan 06, 2014
majalisa: such a mistake could put the op into a deeper mess
Calling himself a medical student in Nigeria hurts most coz ds forum crosses borders.
The formula he gave could be a mistake though, but taking height as 5.6 meters?
Haba! a junior secondary school student would even refute dt value...
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ignis: 10:49am On Jan 06, 2014
heykims:
Calling himself a medical student in Nigeria hurts most coz ds forum crosses borders.
The formula he gave could be a mistake though, but taking height as 5.6 meters?
Haba! a junior secondary school student would even refute dt value...
YES, such mistake is unpardonable for a medical student.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 1:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
i checked my weight on a scale t'day; and i weighed 81.0 kg... ha ha cheesy wink
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ekoson95(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
I took a BMI test, and the calculator gave me a value of 19. I dont know if that's okay.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Doubleoo(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2014
My friend i understand that you decided to put on weight not because you are too skinny but because of the way people bullied you which i have also noticed among the comments here. being skinny is not a disease except if something caused your skinny nature. One thing that such condition actually lead many people to is what we call BULIMIA NARVOSA or BING EATING DISORDER.
The condition occur when someone eat large quantities of food to the extent that he/she become uncomfortable or when they eat frequently without being hungry all because they want to put on weight.
If any drug is recommended for you i will advice you never to take it. Here's the reason,
Drugs may increase the adipose cells (fat cells) in your body, increase your fat content and eventually affect you either thermogenically or by raising your blood lipids which is a contributor to arteriosclerosis and possibly heart attack.
I could talk much about the dangers in inducing body fat but let me stop that and see if this can help you.
Firstly you must consider your parents in this matter. Are they skinny like you or they put on weight?
Is one of your parents skinny that probably transfer such gene to you?
If not then you may find this helpful.
Eat healthy diet and complete your 3 meals per day
Don't eat too late at night
Take time to rest and relax after meals
Take multivitamins and tonic moderately
Don't eat much fiber all the time
Reduce your sporting activities and dond engage in vigorous exercise.
Though, i haven't published on this but you can find helpful biochemical health tips, calculate your BMI and determine the normal range at http://www.bodychemist..com
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Doubleoo(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2014
ekoson95: I took a BMI test, and the calculator gave me a value of 19. I dont know if that's okay.
Your BMI is pretty ok!
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ekoson95(m): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2014
Doubleoo:
Your BMI is pretty ok!

Thanks.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by jackmarlic: 8:02am On Jul 16, 2014
If you want to put on weight, you should work out, to insure that you put on muscle and not fat. Eat foods higher in calories, vitamins, and minerals, as opposed to higher in fat or sugar.

top bodybuilding exercises

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ekoson95(m): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2014
waffibabe1:
ask Eniola badmus what she eat dat make her fat. if u need her number, i can giv u cool
oya na
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Lekan247: 5:36pm On Jan 11, 2016
Are You Skinny and looking to Gain weight VISIT LINK NOW FOR SOLUTION >> pharmworldng..com.ng/2016/01/how-to-gain-weight-in-nigeria.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by willyjacs(m): 12:46am On Feb 10, 2018
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Girl Born With Hands Joined / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.