Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? (121653 Views)

I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by joaquin64(m): 2:39am On Jan 03, 2014
Don't be anxious. You are only 18. In a few years you may be wishing your body to get back to 18 again...
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by mannobi(m): 2:46am On Jan 03, 2014
gommex: If u r a girl jus keep eatin more food n takea som blood tonic but if u a guy, go to any chemist n buy cyprivit syrup, I op u r not workin because u will want to consume d whole food in d house
really?
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by hennri(m): 2:56am On Jan 03, 2014
best solution....eat well,take sm fruits,get a good rest and exercise(push up....start with 10 n increase gradually).
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:02am On Jan 03, 2014
you need to build muscle.
1) Start working out
2)Eat healthy and get lots of protein
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by segzicres(m): 4:19am On Jan 03, 2014
Dude, was like you at that age. Even had my shoulders competing wit my head. I even had a U in my shoulder. Lmao! Fc uked up i know. Just go to a local welder, create a dumbell or buy, start working out, your body will require more energy, hence you eat more. Move to weight lifting but always start with very low weight and increase the weight as time goes on.

At one point my nickname became johnny bravo, had to start gyming my legs. lol. Goodluck
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by AsAPJregz(m): 5:01am On Jan 03, 2014
try all this advice and kill youself when u get results

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by EzeWills(m): 5:24am On Jan 03, 2014
ekoson95: Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.
It frustrates me when I see myself in the mirror how skinny i am, my wrists are slender and tiny. In fact, in one word "Bonny". People jokingly make fun of me and it really pisses me off.
I am 18 years old, about 170 cm (5.6"wink tall, and 55kg weight.

I want to gain more weight, please, what do i do?

5.6! @op, u r short oooo
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 03, 2014
Uchiha Madara: Protein, Protein, Protein.

You can blend some bananas, with whole milk, and some raw eggs (yuck right?)

If you are a guy, then gaining weight should be no problem at all, as long as you can actually afford food.

Hit the gym, please not for marathon sprints, but for weight building. As soon as you finish working out, you should reach for protein within a couple of minutes to help your torn muscles rebuild to become stronger.

Just remember to put Protein first, you obviously do need a balanced diet, but think big like a Texan in terms of protein, not in like a typical Nigerian with a mountain of rice on the plate, and one maggi cube sized piece of meat on top.

raw egg is dangerous, dont mess with Salmonella
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by JustCare: 6:06am On Jan 03, 2014
Be proud of the body your spirit acquired for your journey on earth @Op
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by appler: 6:19am On Jan 03, 2014
If you are trying to gain weight, enjoy some red meat. Steak contains a ton of protein and iron. Not all steak cuts are made equal though. You want the fatty cuts where the meat is marbled. These cuts of meat will contain more calories, but they’ll also be way more delicious too! Look for rib-eye, t-bone, New York strip, and beef tenderloin. Red meat is high in cholesterol, so enjoy it with a healthy diet. Combining it with an unhealthy diet high in saturated fats could cause health effects.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ijbeauty(f): 6:31am On Jan 03, 2014
Nostradamus: Please everyone,how do i open a thread??

On d front page, click any section u want like health, agriculture, NYSC, literature etc, depending on d type of info u wanna pass, den scroll down (jst befo u wil see updated topics) u wil see (create new topic) (follow) click on "create a new topic" and a blank sheet wit a header wil open. Den u can type ur info wit heading.. HNY
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by GentleFrank(m): 6:32am On Jan 03, 2014
Wow, nice advise here !
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by akposking(m): 6:33am On Jan 03, 2014
Op am coming
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by tayour917i(m): 6:52am On Jan 03, 2014
No matter what u eat, amount of gulder or big stout, u can't any weight except u stop eating this, EJA GBIGBE(dry fish) yes ........ Na hin dey cos am smiley
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 03, 2014
deols: Are you male or female?

All you need do is eat.

Thats not true. Its even the slim people that eat the most...
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by omusiliyu(m): 7:04am On Jan 03, 2014
He should sex-less
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by pragmatistm(m): 7:17am On Jan 03, 2014
double post.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by pragmatistm(m): 7:18am On Jan 03, 2014
@ op, i was in your shoes till my mid 30s. i was 55kg till 35/36 years of age.but i got a simple two step solution about 3 years ago.

Step1: get fresh bitter leaf. squeeze the juice up to ⅔ glass cup and drink before going to bed for 5-7 days.

Step2: The following week buy vitamin E capsule (any quality type or any one with aloe vera). Take one capsule every morning. Finish all the capsules or take for 2-3 weeks. Then eat well (of course, the capsule will increase your appetite) and drink a lot of water.

After those two steps, continue to eat well, of course balanced diet with much fruits. in 2-3 months, come and tell me the results. If you can do it, it works. As im typing now, im 72 kg. so i know it works.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by 190theclown: 7:30am On Jan 03, 2014
Zet72:
Na new year bi dis naa, change for God's sake..190

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by ignis: 8:03am On Jan 03, 2014
DUDE, go and hit the gym...
Hope this helps. .
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by chanita: 8:25am On Jan 03, 2014
pat077: eat more junks.

Haba! junk food has its health hazards. Jus ensure u eat balanced diet & supplement it wit herbal multivitamins & minerals.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by jtenna: 8:30am On Jan 03, 2014
pragmatist_m: @ op, i was in your shoes till my mid 30s. i was 55kg till 35/36 years of age.but i got a simple two step solution about 3 years ago.

Step1: get fresh bitter leaf. squeeze the juice up to ⅔ glass cup and drink before going to bed for 5-7 days.

Step2: The following week buy vitamin E capsule (any quality type or any one with aloe vera). Take one capsule every morning. Finish all the capsules or take for 2-3 weeks. Then eat well (of course, the capsule will increase your appetite) and drink a lot of water.

After those two steps, continue to eat well, of course balanced diet with much fruits. in 2-3 months, come and tell me the results. If you can do it, it works. As im typing now, im 72 kg. so i know it works.
this might work, and so does d exercise and balanced diet. Lifting weight can help along with taking good food supplement like vitamins and minerals. D problems with nigerians (its general too) is that we look for quick fixes. Try the exercise n healthy food, it works for my friend who weighed 50kg.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by BlackMamba2: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2014
Take eggovin and do some push ups... u will feel cool wit uurself after 3mnths...
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Tomiwaa(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2014
i have this problem too tho.....i am 6ft5 and i weigh 71kg but i am still too skinny for my height angryi have this problem too tho.....i am 6ft5 and i weigh 71kg but i am still too skinny for my height
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by usmanspihn(m): 8:34am On Jan 03, 2014
When I was ur age I was 75kg. Nice
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by CocoLoca(f): 8:53am On Jan 03, 2014
Metabolism is key.. Maybe you should alter it with drugs (slow it down), idk
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2014
OP watch out for this coming rainy season.

* You need to get a new school bag.

* Load it up with concrete / stones / heavy metal, whatever.

* Make sure you wear it whenever it's going to rain or when it's windy.

* But if it suddenly starts raining and you're not with your stone-bag, quickly grab any big tree, electric pole around you and hold on to it, never let go.

Let's start from there, safety first.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by jtenna: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2014
CocoLoca: Metabolism is key.. Maybe you should alter it with drugs (slow it down), idk
i agree with this. @op do some research on drugs dat can slow down metabolism
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 03, 2014
chymystique:

Dude u weigh 55kg.. U complainin?.. I weighed 45kg as of Nov.. I dnt fink u r evn as skinny as I am and am in ma 20s.. Ma dear ve learnt to love maself dt way and package maself wella. Infact am proud of ma body. Ppl kept tellin me to eat n eat .. I evn ate every I didn't get fat.... Ma advice, jst eat nourishing foods and also use food supplements to hlp u look fresh and then learn how To Love yaself d way u r and not allow wah ppl say get to u. .. Pele
and stay away from kpekus for @ least 6 months so as not to short ur insufficient blood... Good luck
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by SenatorJames(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2014
From your analysis, I think you are please with your status, but you are worried by people's comment about you. Just be yourself, know what is good for you, appreciate how you are beautifully and wonderfully made.

That is the source of low self esteem, for how long will you allow people to decide your life for you. Some ladies go for bossom enlargement that later affect them, some are bleeching to please people.

I will advice you eat nutritionally and live a healthy life. All is well
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by pembisco(m): 9:20am On Jan 03, 2014
corruptst:

This is pure thrash! U r a disgrace to Medical School. That's essentially if u r one. It's better to keep quiet than open ur mouth to display how f00lish u are.
BMI is calculated by dividing your weight in kg by the square of your height in m.
Not square root as indicated.
And if u wanna use a height, u have to use realistic ones. It's not possible for anyone to b 5.6m tall. Thats like 560cm. What planet are u from?
From my calculation of d op's BMI, it's 55/(1.7*1.7) = 19.03,
@op, go siddon. U r definitely within a healthy weight range. Anybody that advises you to gain weight must b your enemy.
Guy i'm nt a f00l pls. U dnt hv to insult me jst because u wnt to corect me.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by pembisco(m): 9:28am On Jan 03, 2014
captcochrane:

lol, a real disaster of monumental magnitude
Even non-medical studs know ow to calculate bmi

abeg help me ask am his sch, nd course cos physiology stud too dey call demselves med stud
..nd i guess physiology studnts ar accounting students ryt? Zombie, u dnt evn knw d guy said nd jst joined him wit his arogance. Dnt evn boda knwing my scl nd dept cos u knw natin .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Girl Born With Hands Joined / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.