Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? (121654 Views)

I'm Too Skinny And It Makes Me Sad / I'm Too Skinny, What Can I Do To Add Weight? Food's Not Working..any Help? / To Gain Weight, What Medicine Can I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by pak: 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
I wish I can transfer some of my weight to you like MTN credit.
We're the same height, just checked ma weight and am presently 80 something kg !
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by jreyez(m): 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
Eat the six classes of food, hit the gym, and reduce your sex activity. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Arosa(m): 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2014
@op, you have a healthy weight for someone of your height and age, but if you insist on gaining weight I suggest you eat lots of protein, carbohydrate and hit the gym.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by razzydoo(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
claremont: Your current Body Mass Index (BMI), calculated using the data you provided, is 19.6. The WHO guidelines for a healthy BMI range for a man of your age is 17-22, which means that you are at the healthy weight range for your age and sex. Relax!
I was about making these calculations. Bro u need to chill, u r prolly still growing. When I was 16, I don't think I weighed up to 45kg. Now I'm almost 24, and I weigh 65 and my younger bro who's 18 weighs 60kg. So don't think about it too much.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by NaLaugh: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
Go to a pharmacy or a good gym, and buy some protein shakes. Drink that with your meals daily.
You should gain some more mass. Also, try and do 100 push ups daily (you can space it out).
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by lebienconnu: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
we have a tradition here on nairaland.

picture or ...............

thanks for finishing that.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by captcochrane(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
claremont: Your current Body Mass Index (BMI), calculated using the data you provided, is 19.6. The WHO guidelines for a healthy BMI range for a man of your age is 17-22, which means that you are at the healthy weight range for your age and sex. Relax!

han!! 17-22 For where?

I used to know 18.5-24.9 as normal, below 18.5 is underweight
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by slap1(m): 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2014
I want to add some flesh, too, but I don't lose sleep over it. Problem is, I usually have no appetite for food and I eat slowly.

I advise you to eat well, worry/think less, rest and be happy. It helps.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Bolurx(m): 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Pictures my friend!!!!! Lest I kick ur butt
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Nostradamus: madara,i see into d future but can't open my thread due to absence of fuel Lol...thanks man,am gr8ful

I see...

Well create your topic, and hope to see you on the front page, or maybe you can already see that.

Well, we'll see...
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Try this:

1) Eat every 2 - 3 hours
2) Lift weights
3) Drink at least 3 glasses of milk daily

For the records, I weigh less than you do. grin

Just try them sha.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
Uchiha Itachi, I can see you viewing this thread.

Come out and fight! Coward!
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by sambos994(m): 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lift heavy weights and after that drink milk, eat meat (or other foods with protein such as protein bars, eggs), and eat foods with carbs. Do that for a couple of months and you'll bulk up.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by LoBoR: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Drink soya milk daily

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dubby6: When u eventually gain weight, Ull come back here asking how to loose it...Smh

he didn't say he want to be obesed. he just want t be like every normal guy.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by captcochrane(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
Caracta: @OP, I don't even weigh up to that. I envy you small o

u're probably shorter dan him, nd he's supposed to av a higher bone mass
u wd get pregnant nd gain abt 12kg, he'll only loose some pounds in dt process
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by madjune(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
ekoson95: Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.
It frustrates me when I see myself in the mirror how skinny i am, my wrists are slender and tiny. In fact, in one word "Bonny". People jokingly make fun of me and it really pisses me off.
I am 18 years old, about 170 cm (5.6"wink tall, and 55kg weight.

I want to gain more weight, please, what do i do?

GUY, THOSE PEOPLE POKING FUN AT YOU ARE THE DEVIL AGENTS. DON'T MIND THEM.
GUYS ARE USUALLY SKINNY IN THEIR TEENS UNLESS YOU HAVE AN OBESE GENE.
I WAS WAY TOO SKINNY TOO IN MY TEENS UNTIL JESTS MADE ME START TAKING RAW MILK AND STOUT TO FATTEN UP, I NEVER KNEW IT HAD HEALTH IMPLICATIONS....
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by busterr(m): 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
I weighed 75kg when i'm 21 i look like a bad ass
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by LoBoR: 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
Or yogurt
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Lexaccord(m): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Wwll said dear.

chymystique:

Dude u weigh 55kg.. U complainin?.. I weighed 45kg as of Nov.. I dnt fink u r evn as skinny as I am and am in ma 20s.. Ma dear ve learnt to love maself dt way and package maself wella. Infact am proud of ma body. Ppl kept tellin me to eat n eat .. I evn ate every I didn't get fat.... Ma advice, jst eat nourishing foods and also use food supplements to hlp u look fresh and then learn how To Love yaself d way u r and not allow wah ppl say get to u. .. Pele
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by tintingz(m): 9:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
What a skinny thread undecided

OP You question have been answered
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by JANK23H(m): 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
Na wa! Na tata full nairaland.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by 190theclown: 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
nacosprof: ur words irritate me,..stop taking weed,.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by rodeo0070(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2014
BMI Categories:

Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
Your Calculated BMI is: 19.0

@op. You dey kampe.
I weighed 57kg last november...

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by aventura: 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
It's very easy.
eat lots of junk.
eat heavily at mid night and sleep shortly after.

Eat a loaf of bread with mayonnaise with two cans of malt by 11.45pm and sleep immediately before 12.00 midnight

If u no fat, call me bastard grin grin
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by jayAjoku(m): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
eat ice cream and lots of cake ... Then later garri
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by Greatken007(m): 9:49pm On Jan 02, 2014
ALL HE WAS ASKING FOR IS A SOLUTION AND NOT SUGGESTION...EVERY SCIENCE PERSON WHO WOKED UP AT HIS/HER RIGHT SIDE OF HIS PHYSICS BED SHOULD KNOW D DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MASS AND WEIGHT...YOU SIZE IS NOT AN INDICES FOR UR WEIGHT....U MAY WEIGH 100 AND STIL BE LEPA OR WEIGH 44 AND STIL BE OROBO...

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by donblade85: 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lolz eat 8 times every hour
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by madjune(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
googlepikin: dude I wont lie to you, just buy the bigger jar of bama mayonnaise always mix it with 2boiled eggs. and rub it on your bread. instead of drinking coffee drink milk with it. 2:.eat shawama with maltina not amstel, everyday for a week. dude your friends will start to wonder if you have hammer. I do dis once a year and the outcome is so so obvious. people around u will notice.

MEN, QUIT THE EGG ADVICE. EGG WILL WEIGH ON HIS HEART SOONER.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by zenith7(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
ekoson95: Hello Nairalanders, Please I want u guyz to help me on this issue.
It frustrates me when I see myself in the mirror how skinny i am, my wrists are slender and tiny. In fact, in one word "Bonny". People jokingly make fun of me and it really pisses me off.
I am 18 years old, about 170 cm (5.6"wink tall, and 55kg weight.

I want to gain more weight, please, what do i do?
Dude don't be ahead of yourself. When i was your age six years ago, i weighed 1kg less than you and now i still weigh 1kg less than your current weight. I passed through what you're passing through now, but be rest assured that you'll soon get over it. Everybody must not add weight.
Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by LordReed(m): 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
Buy this:

And take it as a supplement to your meals, guaranteed weight gain.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Too Skinny, I Want To Gain Weight, What Do I Do? by captcochrane(m): 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2014
@op, don't mind dem o, i fully understand ur worry
weight is not ur problem, it's ur physique, u want to look bigger dan dt, u want more flesh on ur bone

-U av to increase d number of times u eat
-Eat in-between meals
-Try to eat late in d night, though not too healthy but it helps
-increase ur carbohydrate nd protein consumption, glucose wil cause release of insulin, u store more energy, synthesize protein for ur muscles, nd form more adipose tissue
-u don't need excess fat
-try d gym, d instructors wd help u, go there regularly, 30mins per day is enough
-keep nigeria clean

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Girl Born With Hands Joined / 10 Health Benefits Of Plantains You Need To Know / Coronavirus: Robots Spraying Disinfectant In China (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.