Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Dumped For His Name - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dumped For His Name (2301 Views)

My New Boss Is My Wife’s Ex She Dumped For Me..what Should I Do? / Dumped For Being A Nigerian / Dumped For The Second Time By Same Gal In 1year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2006
My phone scares me awake in the middle of the night and here am I wondering 'WhoTF is this at this time of night now?', I pick up the receiver and drowsily bellow a 'hello', the voice on the other end is unmistakeable 'Sis, na me, ' It's my little sister.

You see, that girl can't brush her teeth without a manual so she calls on me at any/every/worst times of the day/night/year, even when I amwith you-know-who, doing some good ol' you-know-what. But anyway heck! I can't put the phone down on little sis , so I ask what the problem is this time. She proudly announces that she finally met Mr. X, he's cute, fine, great, blah, downtoearth, educated, responsible and more blah, 'Cut the crap, ' I say, 'and what did you tell him?, ' she uhhmms, ahhhs, eermmms and finally in a surprised/shocked quirky voice she goes,  'I couldnt say yes, NEVER! God forbid!, '. OK. Here am I, 'But,but but, but, you just praised him, sang his glories, na wetin be the issue this time now?'. I couldnt fathom what it could be. (Well certainly not at that time of the night) so I asked her to indulge me.

After a lot of 'what is it, WHAT, WHAT, WHAT NOW?', she finally gives in and silently affirms 'I no fit date some guy wey yi name na ELIJAH now, which kine name bi that sis!'

I mean - give me a break! - I yelled down the phone - you can sweeten it now if you don't want to call him that whilst you're alone blah blah, but no, hell will freeze before my little sister will listen to me. So your guess is as good as mine, a GREAT guy got dumped, all because of a name.

LADIES - what's in a name? I mean Polycarp, Nicodemus, Elijah, Praxedis, Friday, are not that bad now? Infact me thinks they sound kind of sweet!
GUYS - Dont mind ladies, they also have weird names, Benedicta, Maria, Something something Generosity, you know the lot.

Know of any weird weird names of partners your wont be using in public

THEN SPILL!
Re: Dumped For His Name by Genial(m): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 10:07pm On Jun 20, 2006
I certainly will not dump you for your name - but I don't trust my sister jare!
Re: Dumped For His Name by Genial(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2006
Phew!

What a relief! I was getting apprehensive!

Hehehehehe grin grin
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2006
-----------------------------------------------edited (for clarity)
Re: Dumped For His Name by Genial(m): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2006
full circle,
Re: Dumped For His Name by hayprof(m): 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2006
@mizkay na wa 4 ur sis ooo wetin do name? y ur sis. no dey there went him parent dey name am ELIJAH. well like i use to say 'Notin is bad it mite av been worse'
what if his name is kabiru!
*Some gals will grab 'ELI' wen all d qualities ur sis mentiond is present!
Anyhow, everyhow, somehow na life!
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 10:20pm On Jun 20, 2006
@hayprof, tell my sister o before she looses love of her life! make una help me tell am!
Re: Dumped For His Name by aloib(f): 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2006
chai, wat a name, i dont thnk i can date aperson like that, i just dont like nigerians who bear english names, dig?, straight u yoruba, i kinda like muslim names, ibrahim, musa, habeeb, abidin, buta all those english or names from the bible, william, solomon, yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 10:40pm On Jun 20, 2006
@aloib - join my sister's ranks. just dont miss THE guy by deciding to MISS the name!
Re: Dumped For His Name by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2006
What of Rocco, Cocco, Fifi Trixabelle, Bluebell Madonna, Speck Wildhorse, scout, puma, jermajesty, phinnaeus and kal-el?
Would you refuse to date them on the basis of their names? They are children of celebrities mind you!

http://davidylan..com/2006/06/plenty-nonsense-whats-in-name.html#comments
Re: Dumped For His Name by Hotstepper(f): 12:23am On Jun 21, 2006
na wah ohhh, people have excueses for eveything, when u metinoned tha names, I could not wait to laugh when I saw POLYCAP cuz datz ma uncle's name, lol, just curious, how is your lil. sis?
Re: Dumped For His Name by Badman888(m): 12:27am On Jun 21, 2006
if he was dumped for his name that means i have no chance grin
Re: Dumped For His Name by Anabib(f): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2006
whats in a name?
people change them anyway.
Ladies shld look out for qualities in there man and not name.

@mizkay, Ur sister is being childish and i guess her main concern is ''what will my friends say''?

what happens to Calistus- cali, Zebrudayah- Zeby, Bonicafe- Boni, Polynus or Polycap-Poly
Just shorten the name and enjoy. grin grin

We shld be proud of our guys no matter what. cool
Re: Dumped For His Name by Rhodalyn(f): 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2006
I dont See what love has got to do with name undecided thank heavens my boyfriend's name isnt bad grin
Re: Dumped For His Name by jgirl3: 2:54pm On Jun 21, 2006
I haven't met any guys with really ridiculous names undecided but everytime I meet someone with a slightly ridiculous name, I love-vendor his name. How bad could it be? Just call him by initials or make it something cool. smiley

Besides guys are not their names
Re: Dumped For His Name by Busta(f): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2006
Try God's own, GodsWill, Manpower, Godsblessing, Immaculate, Immaculata, Philomena, these are even kool. the chinese and indians at ma workplace got some pretty funny names, Imagine u callin someone and can't help but laugh as u call the name. Like Ping Ping, Chu Fu, viral, tura (not the soap oh), Al Bino, frisbee, fabrice, Assyrian and we have like 4 diff jack there - jack fen, jack zhou, jack li, etc
Re: Dumped For His Name by Rhea(f): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2006
Some people believe that when you change your name, your personality changes with it.

Little wonder why names like Ignatius, Romanus, Sylvanus, Agatha, Elizabeth, Maria, Victoria, Angelina, Benedette, Agnes, Margaret, Thaddeus, Livinus, etc etc are getting extinct, if not already extinct.
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2006
@ALL you guys are all right. but like I said - tell that to my lil sis. Hotstepper she's 24 o! so she's not that young. Personally I really dont go for names - I go for people!
Re: Dumped For His Name by eveseh(f): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2006
i gotta think,i'll be back lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
hurry jare,, we need thoughts!
Re: Dumped For His Name by eveseh(f): 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2006
mizkay:

hurry jare,, we need thoughts!

hehehehe,u gotta wait grin
Re: Dumped For His Name by eveseh(f): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2006
i dont see nothing worng wit da name,

name is name jare,
Re: Dumped For His Name by eveseh(f): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2006
u not dey see some people dey call thiresef Dogs,dogg,cats lipsrsealed
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2006
dogs? cats? abi na animal kingdom now?
Re: Dumped For His Name by eveseh(f): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2006
mizkay:

dogs? cats? abi na animal kingdom now?

LOL LOL,maybe? tongue embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Dumped For His Name by hayprof(m): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2006
@mizkay our darling sister is 24? and we are here arguing? hell no am out, lipsrsealed i'm back
*let her wait till she's 40, ! abi grin grin grin
Re: Dumped For His Name by mizkay(f): 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2006
hayprof:

@mizkay our darling sister is 24? and we are here arguing? hell no am out, lipsrsealed i'm back
*let her wait till she's 40, ! abi grin grin grin

Dont worry about her - she's till finding her sweetnamed men jare!
Re: Dumped For His Name by baby4u2(f): 5:14am On Jun 30, 2006
Personally i'am so jelly for a boy named , , he's a HUNK. i never knew anyone could have a problem with that name. Mikzay bring your sis here  let me give her some smacking. She has not heard names yet, its Elijah. Make God no allow u meet Thankgod, bornaventure, alfonzors, bonnyface and the likes then.
Re: Dumped For His Name by cheekee(f): 6:40pm On Jun 30, 2006
well well well grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dumped For His Name by MerC2(f): 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2006
HAHAHAHAH! This thread is funny sha,
Name's like Godspower crack me up big time.
I remember years ago when I was in 9ja,
one of our neighbor's name was Godspower.
So everytime we'll always hear

"AHHH! MAMA GODSPOWER I DON COME O!" shocked

Ma bro and I will look at eachother "CHEI! Godspower walahi?!"
Anytime we remember we still laugh over it.

Godspower, Godwin, Progress, Success, Goodday, NO THANKS!! tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Claims She Was Taken Advantage Of And Got Pregnant, Now She Wants Me Back! / Abusive Relationship / The Truth At Last!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.