Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation (27958 Views)

Ex-President Jonathan's Message & Wishes To Muslims / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / President Jonathan's Message Ahead Of Tomorrows Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by PEREP: 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2013
adadadon:
ASUU 156 days strike
Asup strike
NMA strike
Crisis in aviation sector
Economic growth on paper
500 billion naira sure-p funds missing
Roads which federal roads you this laptop activist

ASUU strike - Resolved with a path to sustainability

ASUP and NMA strike - Many unions will keep asking for more and Govt will surely negotiate all as they come

SURE-P Funds - Pls check with your CBN governor

ROADS - From Lagos to Benin & beyond, Ibadan to Ilorin, Ibadan to Ilesha to Iwaraja to Ado Ekiti (all fixed with SureP and Ferma), Abuja to Lokoja, visit the Apapa road to see what is going on, Lagos - Ibadan by RCC & Julius Berger e.t.c

Railway - Abuja to Kaduna (Standard Gauge) Benin to Lokoja (Standard Gauge), Lagos through Oshogbo to Ilorin up to Kano now back etc

Power Stations - 10 NIPP stations in 3 yrs, Privatization of PHCN has been on the front burner for over 15 yrs and Jonathan Achieved it in less than 3 yrs

Economy - FDI of over 25b Dollars in less than 3 yrs. This is what OBJ could not match for 7 yrs. Run through Lagos and Abuja to see the number of Skyscrappers coming up at the same time.

Non-Oil export grew by over 300% (not by fluke)

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Ikpewe: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
pendusky: thanks mr President, I want to thank you for the fresh air in 2013 though some months we were breathing blood, caused by BH. I hope we will expects new year gift from the FG!

I hope my dearAkwa Ibom is to be chosen as reference point for next year's centenary celebration.

thanks thanks thanks thanks God bless you

#NewAkwaIbom #NewAkwaIbom
precisely Ikot Abasi LG
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by mubaraq88(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
Api new year in davnce
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
DonColz1: Happy New Year Mr President.

But your report card are as follows:
* Promises - A1
* Project delivery - F9
if you wll ask me he is not worthy too be trusted
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by sham8co(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2013
U proomise to give us light b4 december ending, but 2mrw is 1st jan no light. no good road, rather than bloodshed, privatasation.guy i knw say 1 day u go privatised d pple of the entire nation to Americans. U really 4k up. we have no any cause to celebrate new year with with your statement. carry go.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by kizolala(m): 11:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hayjaycity:

seconded

Thirded
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by doublew(m): 1:28am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new to u all[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by askofemma: 2:05am On Jan 01, 2014
The finance Minister keep saying d economy is improving in fact she said d best in the last 20 years but we're not seeing these acclaimed improvement! In other part of the world Ghana inclusive this are the tins u see b4 u can say an economy is improving 1: increase in salaries 2: job opening in all sectors 3: good road n health care facilities 4: improvement in power. Sector for developing countries like us! So my pple were is now d improvement. In the economy according to her?
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by emmabest2000(m): 3:39am On Jan 01, 2014
yunglykmine: Nigeria remains a truly blessed
country.

God bless the Yoruba people.
God bless the Igbo people.
God bless the Hausa people.
God bless the Okun people.
We are ONE, we are Nigerians.

God bless GEJ.
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.
GBAM
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by teddywisdom: 4:07am On Jan 01, 2014
Longlive my president GEJ,
Longlive my country Nigeria,

Sir(GEJ) you.are not up to 100yrs, so you will live many more years ahead even pass 100yrs.

But for Nigeria, 100yrs is not too bad for it to die, especially looking it by the way it has never cease from sucking the blood of its citizens, ranging from civil war to tribal war and religious crises even when it doesnt suppose.
Im only saying mind,
Bitter truth#
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Nobody: 4:19am On Jan 01, 2014
he starved EFCC so that corruption can prevail.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 01, 2014
PEREP:

ASUP and NMA strike - Many unions will keep asking for more and Govt will surely negotiate all as they come

ROADS - From Lagos to Benin & beyond, Ibadan to Ilorin, Ibadan to Ilesha to Iwaraja to Ado Ekiti (all fixed with SureP and Ferma), Abuja to Lokoja, visit the Apapa road to see what is going on, Lagos - Ibadan by RCC & Julius Berger e.t.c

Railway - Abuja to Kaduna (Standard Gauge) Benin to Lokoja (Standard Gauge), Lagos through Oshogbo to Ilorin up to Kano now back etc

Power Stations - 10 NIPP stations in 3 yrs, Privatization of PHCN has been on the front burner for over 15 yrs and Jonathan Achieved it in less than 3 yrs

Economy - FDI of over 25b Dollars in less than 3 yrs. This is what OBJ could not match for 7 yrs. Run through Lagos and Abuja to see the number of Skyscrappers coming up at the same time.

you are obviously daft. That road was done during Obj's tenure.
That is my town and i visit there anually
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by InvertedHammer: 5:00am On Jan 01, 2014
/

GEJ is always smiling from drunken stupor....

Surprisingly people tend to mistake that smile for warmth

Until they ban alcohol esp. Sango otta brand from Aso Rock, I no go take am serious.

\

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Cornel88(m): 7:42am On Jan 01, 2014
DonColz1: Happy New Year Mr President.

But your report card are as follows:
* Promises - A1
* Project delivery - F9
lwkmd! With due respect, i guess you are not a good person. Lol.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by bereal16(m): 8:29am On Jan 01, 2014
This year 2014, The Lord will touch our leaders in a special way that will enable them carry out their functions in the interest of the masses. We rebuke any form of distractions, for the Bible said we should pray for those in Authority. All these years, we Nigerians have been complaining and cursing our leaders yet no result.. That means cursing and abusing our leaders doesn't produce the desired result. Let's devote the same energy to pray for God to touch our leaders to do right.. As it is written.. The hearth of a king is in God's hands....
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by bigtt76(f): 8:48am On Jan 01, 2014
ocelot2006:

Power: New+refurbished power stations, expanded transmission facilities, the gas revolution, power generated doubled and increasing

Agriculture: elimination of fertilizer Mafia, increase produce output, national food security ensured, minister named Forbes Man of the Year

Economy: grows at 6% or more, choice investment destination thanks to quick ROI, booming middle class with higher purchasing power, Nigerian economy now LARGEST in AFRICA, and one of the fastest in the WORLD.

AVIATION: All airports TOTALLY refurbished to meet international standards, Nigerian named ICAO chairman

ROADS: Major Federal highways long abandoned noq fixed, cutting down transit time.

RAILWAY: Long abandoned rail projects revitalize d and expanded on. more goods and pax now hauled via rail.

SeCURITY: Still an issue though, BUT armed forces and intelligence agencies better equipped with new kits and an expanded budget. More sophisticated platform now built locally (UAVs, gunboats, firearms, APCs, etc). Results? Total elimination of terror bombing attacks and curbing and repelling of BH raids up north.

ENERGY: Passing of the Local Content Bill thus allowing for more participation of local firms in the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry. Exposure of the subsidy scam, partial withdrawal of subsidy and reinvestment of intended funds in repairing civil infrastructure across the nation (SURE-P).

Now, care to explain to us how GEJ scores an F9? Go on, I'm waiting.

Tell us your laptop number and we will continue from there. Na ICAO chairmanship more than 50 million Nigerian youths go chop? Or how did that affect the ASUU strike? Abeg make ona try think with ona head naaa? Did GEJ promise giving us ICAO or rehabilitate the airports during campaigns? Me sef de wait. #follow#follow
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by awayeyebundle: 9:56am On Jan 01, 2014
Mr jonathan yes ur message is good,how do u answer this question epileptic power supply,unemployment and hw do u address corruption in ur cabinet.......all this require answer my president.What we the masses need from u is simple but all we see is grammar.....Obasanjo bring handset,pls can u point to one thing that is unique in ur administration,mr president.........We the idle graduate are watching,2015 is around the corner..............We dey watch
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by mojeer678: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
TEXT OF A NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO THE NATION FROM PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

Dear Compatriots,

I greet and felicitate with you all as we enter the year 2014 which promises to be a momentous one for our country for several reasons, including the fact that it is also the year of our great nation’s centenary celebrations. I join you all in giving thanks to God Almighty for guiding us and our beloved nation safely through all the challenges of the outgoing year to the beginning of 2014.

Exactly 100 years ago today, on January 1, 1914, the British Colonial authorities amalgamated what was then the separate Protectorates of Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria, giving birth to the single geopolitical entity known as Nigeria. For us therefore, today is not just the beginning of a new year, but the end of a century of national existence and the beginning of another. It is a moment for sober reflection and for pride in all that is great about Nigeria.

Whatever challenges we may have faced, whatever storms we may have confronted and survived, Nigeria remains a truly blessed country, a country of gifted men and women who continue to distinguish themselves in all spheres of life, a country whose diversity remains a source of strength. We pay tribute today, as always to our founding fathers and mothers, and all the heroes and heroines whose toil and sweat over the century made this country what it is today.

As I noted, a few days ago, the amalgamation of 1914 was certainly not a mistake but a blessing. As we celebrate 100 years of nationhood, we must resolve to continue to work together as one, united people, to make our country even greater.

I assure you that our administration remains fully committed to the progressive development of our country and the consolidation of peace, unity and democratic governance in our fatherland. Despite several continuing domestic and global challenges, for us in Nigeria, the year 2013 witnessed many positive developments which we will strive to build upon in 2014.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/31/jonathan-welcomes-nigerians-to-new-century-of-amalgamation/?

If there is anything I respect Fashola for, it's the outright rejection and dismissal of this crazy 'centenary' celebration. I also laud his disassociating himself and Lagos State from this folly.

It's only an uninformed mind or a person bent on mischief that would be glorifying bondage and subjugation.

A great visionary leader who's versed in history like Nkrumah or Awolowo will use the occasion to highlight the injustice and immorality of colonisation and fight for redress or reparation for the black race.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by mojeer678: 10:09am On Jan 01, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:
TEXT OF A NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO THE NATION FROM PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN

Dear Compatriots,

I greet and felicitate with you all as we enter the year 2014 which promises to be a momentous one for our country for several reasons, including the fact that it is also the year of our great nation’s centenary celebrations. I join you all in giving thanks to God Almighty for guiding us and our beloved nation safely through all the challenges of the outgoing year to the beginning of 2014.

Exactly 100 years ago today, on January 1, 1914, the British Colonial authorities amalgamated what was then the separate Protectorates of Southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria, giving birth to the single geopolitical entity known as Nigeria. For us therefore, today is not just the beginning of a new year, but the end of a century of national existence and the beginning of another. It is a moment for sober reflection and for pride in all that is great about Nigeria.

Whatever challenges we may have faced, whatever storms we may have confronted and survived, Nigeria remains a truly blessed country, a country of gifted men and women who continue to distinguish themselves in all spheres of life, a country whose diversity remains a source of strength. We pay tribute today, as always to our founding fathers and mothers, and all the heroes and heroines whose toil and sweat over the century made this country what it is today.

As I noted, a few days ago, the amalgamation of 1914 was certainly not a mistake but a blessing. As we celebrate 100 years of nationhood, we must resolve to continue to work together as one, united people, to make our country even greater.

I assure you that our administration remains fully committed to the progressive development of our country and the consolidation of peace, unity and democratic governance in our fatherland. Despite several continuing domestic and global challenges, for us in Nigeria, the year 2013 witnessed many positive developments which we will strive to build upon in 2014.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/12/31/jonathan-welcomes-nigerians-to-new-century-of-amalgamation/?

If there is anything I respect Fashola for, it's the outright rejection and dismissal of this crazy 'centenary' celebration. I also laud his disassociating himself and Lagos State from this folly.

It's only an uninformed mind or a person bent on mischief that would be glorifying bondage and subjugation.

A great visionary leader who's versed in history like Nkrumah or Awolowo will use the occasion to highlight the injustice and immorality of colonisation and fight for redress or reparation for the black race.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by macherie1: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2014
mtsewww. Cant Mr GEJ just keep his mouth shut for once and save us all this empty promises jab.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by macherie1: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2014
PEREP:

I think this is just an attempt to get on our nerves or you are just simply dumb. so in your myopic mind, selling off PHCN has solved power problem. for your info, only distribution was privatized. generation and transmission remain in comatose. and for your other points I reserve my comment. cant waste it on you

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by victorazy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 01, 2014
yussuff: Mr failure. We'll love to hear more of your promises in 2014. More committee's. More privatisation. More banning. Happy new year to you sir.

You ppl and Buhari have nothing to give us, u ppl should leave GEJ alone, he is working.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by docconceptscom: 5:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
normal talk
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by naijaman20: 5:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
you are the daft here as you dont have clue of what u are saying. GEJ is the best we have seen so far
webdezzi:

you are obviously daft. That road was done during Obj's tenure.
That is my town and i visit there anually
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by XavierSmiley: 6:26pm On Jan 01, 2014
omozua.t:
op he did nt remove any subsidy ds tym

№ more subsidy ...he's already removed all of it last year. Lolz
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by meforyou1(m): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Go on Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with your transformation till 2019. The Igbos are solidly behind you.
But we need that amalgamation document to be made public.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Ezigbom(f): 8:24pm On Jan 01, 2014
H̶̲̥̅̊ợ̣̣̇̇̇ω many days will it last??
Abi U̶̲̥̅̊ don forget mr PHCN ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ mr Traffic....
guttentag: I don already buy 80litres of fuel incase the dude increase fuel price AGAIN ooO
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by ocelot2006(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2014
bigtt76:

Tell us your laptop number and we will continue from there. Na ICAO chairmanship more than 50 million Nigerian youths go chop? Or how did that affect the ASUU strike? Abeg make ona try think with ona head naaa? Did GEJ promise giving us ICAO or rehabilitate the airports during campaigns? Me sef de wait. #follow#follow

My laptop no? Oh sure. it's 5.9.4.GO.SCREW.YOUR.SELF

I believe you're the type that waits for the govt to spoon feed you. keep waiting oh, while your mates are busy creating jobs for themselves. Oh BTW, maybe we should've left our airports in our former sorry states they were, abi?

dumba$&.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by AmeLonRo(m): 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy Happy New Year Mr. President and all.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
No matter what a mans past may have been,his future is spotless.
Exodus 33:14.
grin
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Revolva(m): 1:57am On Jan 02, 2014
grin He has come again saying there will be 17 hours of non interrupte power supply...this 2014.....una see am oo na him they promise ooo
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by Rexyl(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2014
yunglykmine: Nigeria remains a truly blessed
country.

God bless the Yoruba people.
God bless the Igbo people.
God bless the Hausa people.
God bless the Okun people.
We are ONE, we are Nigerians.

God bless GEJ.
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Though many are the challenges, I am in Spirit sha prey for peace of the nation.
Re: Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation by bynty: 9:20am On Jan 02, 2014
Simple and short....Happy New year Mr. President and ofcourse all nigerians!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Governors Shun Progressive Governors Forum / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Kemi Adeosun Being Blackmailed By Senators To Do Their Biddings – Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.