Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? (6811 Views)

My Fiancee Insist On Getting B.j First / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Single! Why the Unseriousness in RELATIONSHIPS When One Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by topup: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2008
I actually believe that this is one of the hardest conversations to have, and can't help but feel like I'm saying to the person 'Just in case you got something, I don't want it! - Ew!' because ideally the person who's had the more promiscuous lifestyle should actually opt to get tested if they care about you. Though I understand it may not come to mind, or some people like to live a life of not knowing.

I don't know but maybe I'll just insist we get all round medical tests, not just when we're about to have sexual intercourse but when the relationship is getting truly matrimonially serious because I'd rather not get unbearably attached to the person, so I can think more rationally about my options.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by onyinye2(f): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2008
Im just saying if you are willing to have sex, then you are willing to take a Hiv test and every other test for STDs.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Wokeyim(f): 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ topup
running a test with someone doesnt in any way tie you down to the person. It should be part of the start of any relationship. The fact that Mr. A and Miss B. did a HIV test doesnt mean they must marry each other. It only means they'll feel freer with each other during their relationship. Or pls, let me understand you.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
Sensible thread

just unfortunate that most people dont take such things seriuosly

Tests should be periodical too, what better way to show that you really care
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by onyinye2(f): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2008
Yeah i know a lot of ladies that tell their partner to go and take an Hiv test and those mu mu boys will see it as the lady doesn't "trust" him or he is "dirty". Utter stupidity. Losing your life over something like this.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by yemi221(m): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2008
the couple shld go for the test imidietly they decided to get married.and also that shld be before SEX
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Akan(m): 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
I thougt churches insist on the test b4 marrying any couple
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
@$$RHINO Your posts are always very ridiculous !!! plz know when to post what and on the right thread,
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ssRhino: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2008
ugogal:

@$$RHINO Your posts are always very ridiculous !!! plz know when to post what and on the right thread,

brainfart is a bad thing.
You just got chance to post and you wanna tryut fingers, so i understand, have fun.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 06, 2008
I think it is good to go for medical examinations other than just HIV test before the courtship, there are other diseases out there that are even worse than HIV/aids.For those who may not indulge in premarital sex,atleast you will have to kiss so it's good to go for medical exam if you guys are making up your minds to have a permanent r/shp.Infact ,for the Ladies ,if you propose such a thing to a guy i think he will rather see you as one who is very health conscious and would definitely endear you to him especially if the guy is decent too  cool
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
If you think ,i have time for childish indulgence sorry! maybe you should even go for medical exams cos i can perceive with the eyes of a doctor that something is actually wrong with you Medula oblongata, child
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ssRhino: 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
ugogal:

If you think ,i have time for childish indulgence sorry! maybe you should even go for medical exams because i can perceive with the eyes of a doctor that something is actually wrong with you Medula oblongata, child

there is examinal checkup for brain-farting.
live and let's live and yet wanna make all live by ur moronic rules, how sad.
last response from me to you.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by rampant(f): 4:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
@topic
when he proposes to u and u know u want accept,then both parties should go for a test,even before family members knw u both r engaged
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by agaba123(m): 5:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
@topic
when the couple clock 70yrs
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ssRhino: 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
agaba123:

@topic
when the couple clock 70yrs

That is if AIDS let them see 40, cos what you fail to check now, will check u when you fail.
better to check and know what you dealing with ahead of time.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by newdeal(m): 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ poster;

dont get yourself confused by too much advise. here is the simple answer:

the right time is the time agreed upon by the two parties involved, shikena!
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by teaseroop(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
Guys,
the issue of testing to you status is very important but i'll like to let you know that it's not through sex alone one can get this deadly virus,there are other means.
The truth of the matter is, u get tested and u r free does not mean u dont have cuz it might at the window peiod where it's difficult to detect.
Nway sha, if u have to do it do it safe and judiciously and not "raw ass whooping". Love is not blind to that extent so be wise when u r swimming thru the desert of uncertainty.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ssRhino: 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
teaser_oop:

Guys,
the issue of testing to you status is very important but i'll like to let you know that it's not through sex alone one can get this deadly virus,there are other means.
The truth of the matter is, u get tested and you're free does not mean u don't have because it might at the window peiod where it's difficult to detect.
Nway sha, if u have to do it do it safe and judiciously and not "raw ass whooping". Love is not blind to that extent so be wise when you're swimming through the desert of uncertainty.

you are sure full of wisdom.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Babyboy26(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
hiv test is compulsery in any relationship.This is my submission ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Goldstar(m): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2008
we all know know that HIV can be contracted through various means but most importantly, you have to go for HIV test once you have decided or made up your mind to enter into a relationship with someone. Whether the relationship would involve sex or not, it is advisable to go for the test once you and whoever you want to date has agreed to go into a relationship. Be it marriage or pre marriage relationship.

We will only be deceiving ourselves by saying that we will do at the point we want to have sex. Remember we are humans with emotions and anything can happen anytime, even when you least expect it to happen. You might just be with an opposite sex and one thing or the other would happen, and before you know it, you're already having sex with the person. I've heard cases like that. So, please do the right thing and STAY ALIVE.

i am not ready to date or go out with any girl if she's not ready to go for a HIV test after deciding to go out with me, no matter how pretty she may look.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Sisikill: 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2008
After making the decision to sleep with the person and before you actually do the sleeping is the obvious answer now.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by KarmaMod(f): 6:29pm On Aug 06, 2008
Sisikill:

After making the decision to sleep with the person and before you actually do the sleeping is the obvious answer now.

wouldnt that mean for some people, pretty much the day before the WEDDING?
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Sisikill: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2008
Not really, I mean if they are planning to get married. . . then they've already made the decision to sleep together, except of course the go all Britney Spears, one minute they'll drinking from hotel room bar, the next they are in the chapel. . . with Elvis Marrying them.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ogb5(m): 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
What happens after the test and one of the partner decide to complete some unfinished business and shang someone else.

Will they go for another test

That means some guys will be going for test weekly
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Olayinkaoj(m): 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
HIV
The two need to do the test by the time both are getting serious about the relationship but they sld play safe while in courtship or avaoid sex b4 marriage, and both sld be doing the test intermittently
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ssRhino: 9:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
ogb5:

What happens after the test and one of the partner decide to complete some unfinished business and shang someone else.

Will they go for another test

That means some guys will be going for test weekly

Periodical test wont be a bad idea.
And some guys would have to let go of some unfinished buz and deal with buz at hand
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by sistajay(f): 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2008
When the couple decides to take the relationship to another level, i.e become lovers.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Sisikill: 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
$$Rhino:

Periodical test wont be a bad idea.
And some guys would have to let go of some unfinished buz and deal with buz at hand

I agree with this, some people recommend every 6 months. AIDS/HIV is not instantaneous; yeah he/she is clean today, what about in 3 months? In 6 months? In a year? Both of you decide right off the bat that this. . . like your marriage needs full commitment.

Nigerians (women) tend to be complacent after marriage about such things. In an Ideal world. . . yeah, totally, I mean if you can't trust your partner not to come infect you with STD, who can you trust but we do not live in an ideal world. And men need to understand that when your partner asks you to take these tests, it’s not about trust, it’s about safety. I know men who get so offended by this, one would think they. . .  I was going to say they just insulted their mothers but nah, the “offended feeling they get from that is a tenth of what the feel when asked to take these tests. Seriously, they need to GET OVER themselves. I understand how fragile their egos are but to put it over their lives? Now that’s just stupid.

I know a woman who got infected with an STD (Herpes, I think) by her hubby, they found out when she was pregnant for their first child, it’s by the grace of God, the baby came out okay. They treated her and told her to tell her hubby to get tested and treatment, the crazy sonofabitch refused. . . was walking around the place like freaking King Kong all upset that his wife would tell him that. This woman had to ask intimate friends to beg the bastard, I swear some Nigerian women are just stupid!! Instead of packing her bags and saying Asta la Vista Dead Man, she’s there begging him to go take care of himself.

Finally, he agrees and everyone pats him on the back like he just agreed to donate a kidney to a stranger, instead of. . . you know saving himself. I know you don’t think it ended there right? Come now! Haba! We’re talking about Nigerians here. Early this year, the woman gets preggy for their second child and guess what? Yep, she’s infected again and this time the infection needs a stronger dose and she’s all “oh, Oh I will I tell him to go again?” Tell him or rather Shoot him, Stab him and poison him? Justifiable Homicide, he’s trying to kill her and her baby. The courts will throw the case out before she puts a second coat of lipstick.

Oh before anyone asks. . . I know the details because my Brother is her doctor and forget all that crapola about Doctor-Patient confidentiality or trying to get his license yanked, First, I was eavesdropping, okay. Secondly, I’d like to know how anyone will find him, Dr. Sisikill’s Brother is NOT a listing in the yellow pages.  tongue

I say if your partner (Married I mean, if you aren’t married just pack your bags and leave) does not want to go for this yearly or howeverly check-ups with you, just call him/her Murderer.

“Good Morning Murderer, how did you sleep? Hey, Murderer can you pick up the kids from school? I’m going to be working late. Murderer, sweetie….your Mom called today, She’s angry that you haven’t sent her money. Oh Murderer why can’t you be nice to your Mom, ehn Murderer?”

1 Like

Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ogb5(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2008
Sisikill:

I say if your partner (Married I mean, if you aren’t married just pack your bags and leave) does not want to go for this yearly or howeverly check-ups with you, just call him/her Murderer.

“Good Morning Murderer, how did you sleep? Hey, Murderer can you pick up the kids from school? I’m going to be working late. Murderer, sweetie….your Mom called today, She’s angry that you haven’t sent her money. Oh Murderer why can’t you be nice to your Mom, ehn Murderer?”

grin grin grin

call a cheating husband murderer and get unadulterated beating tongue
If he values you enough he will not be cheating, so beating can easily join the list of crimes, how will you like that
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Sisikill: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2008
ogb5:

grin grin grin

call a cheating husband murderer and get unadulterated beating tongue
If he values you enough he will not be cheating, so beating can easily join the list of crimes, how will you like that

Cheating, Delibrately infecting her with STD and Physical Abuse?

Oh Man! just the right stuff to make murdering him in his sleep a snap. grin
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by PoisonIvy1(f): 1:23am On Aug 07, 2008
Some silly-ass replies here.

Sisi you are cracking me up as usual cheesy

@Topic
NO unprotected sex until that test and sealed results are delivered to me. I won't throw my life away in the name of "Love". After it has been proven that he is clean( and don't get this twisted, I will be taking a test as well), then we can proceed.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Lady2(f): 4:26am On Aug 07, 2008
@ topic: You really can't go around telling everyone u meet 2 go 4 HIV test. remember there's something called freewill Be that as it may, if both parties have decided to be committed to the relationship, not just sexually- ohhhhh. . . .I mean wholeheartedly committed.

That'd be the right time to go for the test. .tis' part of getting to know each other, really. And I dare say it shouldn't stop at that, guys/babes are wont to cheat, Bleep what the self-righteous think. so ensure your test is periodical

I agree with the exception of the "Bleep" part, however I still agree with the point it is making. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Disappointed In Men Of Our Times / Single Mothers Everywhere- What Is Happening! / Is There Any Girl On Nairaland That Has Lips Better Than This Girl's? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.