Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (122983 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 12:09am On Sep 25, 2016
ghettodreamz:

Don't keep waiting for email, call them back.
Got my visa on Friday, I made me understand even if u have been to Malaysia 100 times before, as long as u are coming back to for to apply for diploma, then u would need it, I will advise peeps to just apply to a uni instead of diploma, it would make ur visa processing easier
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by areolae: 12:50am On Sep 26, 2016
barleeh:
Got my visa on Friday, I made me understand even if u have been to Malaysia 100 times before, as long as u are coming back to for to apply for diploma, then u would need it, I will advise peeps to just apply to a uni instead of diploma, it would make ur visa processing easier
Bro, so u got the ndlea cert? How long did it take u to obtain it?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Coolins123: 3:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
Please how will I get my ndlea clearance cos this is been very difficult for me and I have limited time to submit this , it a student visa clearance , this is frustrating I really need to know how to get a right source to help me out with this
Malaysia is the destination
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Coolins123: 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
please sure link to get my ndlea approved with no delay cos I have try all mess either ways I good agent or so
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Coolins123: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
barlee how you take do am boss please notify cos me done they try for 2 months now I think I will need your support .
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Gbangbalicious: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
Baleeh did not do the ndlea clearance. He applied for masters in the University. He does not need it for application for visa.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by areolae: 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
While I m seeking info and requirements for the ndlea cert, please can someone advise me on where to get an original Yellow fever certificate. (If possible a screenshot of a copy might help. So that I ll know the real one when I see it). I am currently in ph at the moment though, so anyone that can direct me to a genuine place where I can get it,and how much it costs, I ll deeply appreciate. I had one before but now I m seeing stories abou there being a new one with secur features, I m confused. So better I go get a recent and genuine one just to be on the safe side. Thanks folks
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Gbangbalicious: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
Go to ministry of health in ur state and ask them that u wanna collect yellow fever certificate, they will direct u. Peace.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
Coolins123:
please sure link to get my ndlea approved with no delay cos I have try all mess either ways I good agent or so
talk to the chief security at the gate of the embassy codedly, he has a link d some workers in there that can help u get it asap and there's one oda young guy working there but don't know is name or have his number, they handle a couple of applications for some pple, I saw them helping a guy with d application, they work hand in hand and they would be d 1 to collect ur visa to ensure u balance dem, but they will charge u an exorbitant fee, wen I asked em that day, he said 150K-250K that it depends,

Note: they can only help u to get and arrange ur documents, d final decision is with d consular general, it's ur decision to make
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by areolae: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2016
Gbangbalicious:
Go to ministry of health in ur state and ask them that u wanna collect yellow fever certificate, they will direct u. Peace.

And this in your opinion is a helpful response?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Gbangbalicious: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2016
areolae:

And this in your opinion is a helpful response?
am telling you same way I got mine u asking if its helpful or not, have u tried it? There is a dept in that ministry that is in charge of it. I told u to go to that ministry and ask them there. Or do I know where the office is located in every ministry of every state? If it were to be my state I cud have directed u. Go with photocopy of ur data page and some cash........pipe.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
youngbilly1:

Mr man! Everyone have their personal reasons for studying in Malaysia. You wanna compare a degree from UPM, Sunway, Taylor, FCUC, FTMS and so on... to south african universities? REALLY!
bro don't be ignorant! Even other Asians, Europeans, Australians and Arabs come to study in Malaysia. I have lotta foreign student in my class FCUC..."Japanese, South Korean, Egpytian and Iranian" JUST 1 malay. They've all been together since Foundation year, Degree and now Masters. Why do you think some people choose to study in Malaysia because they have 3+0 degrees from UK, Australian universities rather than paying £11,000/yr in Uk for the degree they rather study in Malaysia for £4000/yr sometimes as low as $10,000 for a 3yr BSC degree. I have been to South Africa please tell me which jobs pays good in South Africa. Bros behave yourself don't infest your ignorance and discourage other people. Yes there's racism here, there's scam here. Tell me a country where there's no scam and no racism. Don't dull! grow up.
Bros please how much is dollar tto rringgit in malay's black market
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
Billionman60:
I have been following this thread for long as I was deceived to study in Malaysia with hope I will get a job after my 3 years degree and Hello to everyone and this is to those who are coming to Malaysia for the purpose of studying, please think twice and ask yourself why Malaysia? First I have to sound it out to everyone here that you have your final decision to choose either to study here or somewhere else. I am not trying to demoralize any one rather I want to let you know of the reality on ground, Firstly Malaysians don't like blacks and the see all Blacks as criminals, fraudster/conmen, black money vendor, and prostitute,

The don't know the difference between someone from Ghana, South Africa, African-American and Nigeria, once you're black you're Nigerian and a criminal, even those that will smile at you especially the Chinese, they are doing so because you have something financially to offer or you're always coming to their pubs with friends to drink.

Malaysian degree is not even acceptable in most firm in Singapore talk more about other advanced Asian countries, Malaysians don't value their education that much and that is why their government sponsored them to study elsewhere as such you will see Malaysian Students all over the world even in South Africa. Malaysia value their certificates if you as a Malay especially wants to work in the government sector but most firms accept and value certificates from outside Malaysia more than their own certificates, so why wasting your hard earn money to study in a country, where you are not allowed to work or even do internship.

In other countries like Singapore when you finish your degree you're allowed to search for work and you have 50/50 to get a job while here in Malaysia once you finish your study, Immigration and Education department will not renew your Student Visa and the will asked you to leave the country within 2 weeks whereby you fail to leave then you will become an Illegal immigrant, which is very difficult to stay in Malaysia without papers.

Why waste your hard earn money when after graduating you're not allowed to work and the only place you can even try your bet is Celcom and a call desk officer with a salary of 1500 ringgit, which is a contract work of just 4-5 months and the will not file for a work permit for you.

Why wasting your hard earn money to study in Malaysia when there is discrimination in housing, I mean renting a place and that is why you see Nigerians and Africans living much in Puchong, Cheras, Subang Jaya, cyber Jaya, Bukit Jali, Selayang, Kajang and only few lives in KL, if you doubt try and search for apartment, call the agent and tell him/her you're a Nigeria or African then watch his/her response which usually " owner dont want foreigner".

Thirdly in other countries as a student you're allowed to work for few hours during session and work more hours during holidays period but here in Malaysia you cannot even work as a cleaner. I will advise those going to Malaysia to think twice as you will get frustrated if you're having hope of study and work or work after study....., If your upkeep money is not coming from Nigeria then you're doomed and will be forced to go either way of illegal means of survival, which 90% of those living in Malaysia are into. The only business you see Nigerians doing here selling African things or operating and opening of African restaurant, which you must get married to their locals before you can. Please save your money and find somewhere else to study and work. Malaysian Universities are not even among the 200 Universities in University Ranking.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
lighthousearc:

Bro what you said is right. Show me a country where there's no racism, how you package yourself matters! If you wanna study in Malaysia go to a good and well recognized University or College. Do research! google is there to help.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
zaimeg:

NDLEA certificate is not needed for first timers going to Universities for phd or masters. Why don't you go to the embassy first and try to submit documents at the gate?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Truth234:
This reminds me my experience with some Nigerians at the Nigerian Embassy in 2014. A student from FTMS claimed she was denied a US visa because she was a Nigerian, while others with similar experience jumped in and together they agreed that Malaysians hate us. I was surprised because not only did she lied, she made others believed it was true, whereas Malaysians don't interview you at the American embassy, Americans do.

To the new students coming to Malaysia, there are three types of Nigerians in Malaysia:

Those that don't know.

Those that pretend to know and will defend their stance vehemently.

And the very subtle few that knows.

If you are a student, be an A student. American Embassy sees result first, at least in my own case and that of my friends. There may not be jobs in Malaysia, but this place holds substantial opportunities for good students with sponsors. Do your research!
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
allhavesinned:
grin grin grin but somehow that billionman is saying the truth and don't force it on people
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
barleeh:
Last time I changed was 4.03 to a dollar. Don't change all your dollars at the airport. It's more expensive. You have to move around and ask.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by youngbilly1: 4:55am On Oct 02, 2016
barleeh:
I don't know which one is malay black market. You can download XE currency. it's between 4.0 - 4.1
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Truth234(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2016
barleeh:

They don't have black market, but Bureau de Change.
It changes, I don't know today's rate but should be around 4.2 to a dollar. Don't change at the bank, their rates are lower, Bureau De Changes are usually better.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
1 US$ = 4.12 MYR
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
allhavesinned:
1 US$ = 4.12 MYR
thanks, please is the conversion rate favourable with dollar at 475 to a naira or withdrawal at d atm/ Pos
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
zaimeg:

Last time I changed was 4.03 to a dollar. Don't change all your dollars at the airport. It's more expensive. You have to move around and ask.
thanks, please is the conversion rate favourable with dollar at 475 to a naira or withdrawal at d atm/ Pos
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by barleeh: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
Truth234:

They don't have black market, but Bureau de Change.
It changes, I don't know today's rate but should be around 4.2 to a dollar. Don't change at the bank, their rates are lower, Bureau De Changes are usually better.
youngbilly1:

I don't know which one is malay black market. You can download XE currency. it's between 4.0 - 4.1
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by youngbilly1: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
barleeh:
I don't know about that. This can help www.abokifx.com
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by zaimeg: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
barleeh:
Hmmm, either way Naira is a mess. Just close eye and change small dollars before going.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Truth234(m): 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
barleeh:

I can't really tell, but as you know ATM withdrawal attract charges and sometimes those banks' rates are like parallel market. Maybe you should buy some dollars and still bring your ATM.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by allhavesinned: 8:24am On Oct 03, 2016
barleeh:

ATM WITHDRAWAL WITH NIGERIAN CARD DIFFERS, ACCESS BANK MYR=97NAIRA, FIRST BANK AND GTB SHOULD BE SAME OR A BIT HIGHER. COME WITH YOUR ATM CARDS
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Hi,went through the thread and was very impressed.Please I have a Malaysian lady I am dating though she is a nurse presently working in a big hospital in Singapore.We have talked about me visiting.Please how do I go about it coz she said she needs to know what she has to do for me to come over.Hoping for your urgent reply.
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by Gbangbalicious: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2016
Is it advisable to travel to Malaysia as a student on weekend (Saturday)?
Re: Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information by areolae: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2016
Quick one for guys that recently gained access to Malaysia on a social Visa, do they require physical cash at the airport ? What if u have ur atm card? Coz ppl say that they harass ppl for physical cash availability,and if u don't have on u, you may not be granted entry. Is this true plz? Thanks .

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.