Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,968 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? (5515 Views)

Can A Guy And A Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling For Each Other? / What Is The Funniest Thing You Ever Found Yourself Doing Around Opposite Sex? / Battle of the Sexes - Males vs. Females (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by 2fine4u(f): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2006
do u think a guy and a girl can be real best friends without any sexual intents? i mean girls we all hav our best friend who we tell our every secret and bidness. tha question goes for both sexes, do u think ur best friend can be tha opposite sex or do u already hav an opposite sex as best friend?
please don't give a yes/no answer, try and give tha reasons behind ur answer.

like me, i wud say not really cos i've had some guy friends whom i like with no strings attached but they always wann@ be more than just a friend.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by lashawna(f): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2006
I think you can be best friends with a member of the opposite sex, but there will always be the sexual thing hanging in the air. Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by da808cutie(f): 10:53am On Jun 21, 2006
Yes and No.
Reason: there's usually a past or a future, maybe not from both parties but at some point, romantic feelings come into play and if care's not taking the friendship may be lost completely. personally, it's not a problem for me to be friends with a guy with no strings attached but you never know, the slightest thing you do could trigger feeling from the other person.
But being best friends with the opposite sex does have its advantages.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by keliscia(f): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2006
NO THERE IS NO WAY THAT OPPOSITE SEXES CAN BE FRIENDS
BECAUSE YOU WILL START OF THINKING THAT THE PERSON IS YOUR PROPERTY, AND THEN YOU WILL BE JEAULOUS WHEN YOU SEE HIM O HER WITH ANOTHER PERSON , AND THEN YOU START TO FEEL SOMETHING FOR HIM O HER THEN GOING ON
ONE WAY O THE OTHER ,   

YOU WILL FIND OUT TO BE IN LOVE WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND

Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by cucchi(f): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2006
Yes

I had a male who was my best friend, we used to talk about everything our bf's gf's. we went shopping and stuff.

Then he fell in love, that was it she wouldnt let him see me no more and we have only talked twice in last year once to tell me he was going to be a dad. its sad that his gf did not trust him to be my best mate, but there was never any sexual interest between us
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2006
I personally do not fancy that girl-girl best-friend tingy undecided
girls are trouble and nuthin else! they're full Of jealousy alwayz bitching around and back-Stabbing.

I have loadzz male friendz than female friendz and besides guys Can be the best Of friendz, I've got this friend who's just Sooooo kiss he's Older and whenever we're chatting and im bout to say sumtin Silly he just goes like ''Rhodalyn! and immediately i know i got to Stop what im bout to say and he Says it authoritatively, U know like a big bro Sort Of thing cheesy but we Used to talk naughty Stuffs Sumtymes cheesy

gurlz are gurlz and will alwayz be gurlz!
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by oluchikeh(f): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2006
YEAH SURE
ACTUALLY GUYS TEND TO MAKE THE BEST OF FRIENDS
MY SECRETS ARE IN THE HANDS OF A GUY AND I KNOW THAT THEY ARE SAFE
HOWEVER I ALSO HAVE A GIRLFRIEND WHO I TRUST WITH MY LIFE
ALL I DO IS ACTUALLY CHOOSE MY FRIENDS AND DONT GO ABOUT MAKING ACQUAINTANCES AND CALLING 'EM FRIENDS

GIRLS-GIRLS
GUYS-GIRLS
GUYS-GUYS
HOWEVER IT IS JUST MAKE THE FRIENDS AND DO NOT GET IMPOSED
NOBODY ''BITCHES'' ABOUT WHAT THEY CHERISH
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2006
word!
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by omoiya(m): 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends?Ofcourse yes.
Opposite sexes can be best of friends if and only if God would help them.
It could be tempting truly! Know this that no matter the level of their maturity could see them thru b'cos the more they come together to talk and have fun the more likely they are prone to infatuation. But if they would make God their sustenance, then they need not fidget.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by baby4ever: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2006
Rhodalyn:

I personally do not fancy that girl-girl best-friend tingy undecided
girls are trouble and nuthin else! they're full Of jealousy alwayz bitching around and back-Stabbing.

I have loadzz male friendz than female friendz and besides guys Can be the best Of friendz, I've got this friend who's just Sooooo kiss he's Older and whenever we're chatting and im bout to say sumtin Silly he just goes like ''Rhodalyn! and immediately i know i got to Stop what im bout to say and he Says it authoritatively, U know like a big bro Sort Of thing cheesy but we Used to talk naughty Stuffs Sumtymes cheesy

gurlz are gurlz and will alwayz be gurlz!
. Rhodalyn l reckon with you l once had a best friend who is older than me and single he treat me like his younger sister advice me when there is need but afterr so many years he feel in love with me. l felt he wanted to take advantage of me but after 2year l realized l could not do without him and we dated for 1year and he travailed out of the country. since then l have always make boyfriend my bestfriend because that make us more intimate,
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Busta(f): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2006
hmmmm undecided
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by diddy4(m): 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2006
of course yes. i have 2 best friends and they are girls. they have their boyfriends and stuff but they mostly chill with me and we sometimes discuse girl's stuff and shiit like that. cheesy

some of my closest friends are also girls. its not a big deal. i joke around with them and we have so much fun. to me, i dont really care about their sexes cuzz they are so cool and stuff like that. i sure miss them cuzz one is in the UK and the other in Canada. sad
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2006
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by diddy4(m): 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2006
yeah, they can be just friends. thats the kindda r/ship i have with all of them and to tell you the truth, you will gain more than their boyfriends sef. they are always there for you and they never let you down. if a girl says i trust you, believe u me, no matter what happenes, she will always have your back.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Rhea(f): 4:34pm On Jun 21, 2006
Seun:

In other words, 'Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends?'

grin grin

Trust nairaland when it comes to duplicate, recycling and replicating threads.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Hotstepper(f): 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2006
yup they can, ma closest friends r guyz and ma fav. cuzzin is a dude maybe cuz i grew up among guys and not intp gurls gossip world
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by 2fine4u(f): 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2006
Rhea:

grin grin

Trust nairaland when it comes to duplicate, recycling and replicating threads.

olodo!!! u won't call it duplicate or whatever when tha person didn't see tha previous post or wasn't even yet a member when tha similar thread was posted. now wud u?
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Eeyore(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2006
Of course yes.My best friend is a girl and there is no romance to it.I have male friends, okay, but the girl understands me better.I know her guy and she knows my babe( former babe, sha).
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2006
My best friend is a girl and there is no romance to it.
Translation:
- She's very very fat.
- She has small breasts.
- She's ugly, simple.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by CalabarMan(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2006
Yes they can be if and only if they find something repulsive enough to keep them from being lovers.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by ToyM28(f): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2006
LMAO @ SEUN. Admin i ve 2 complement u nd say dis has been one of ur funniest moments on NL.

But back 2 d topic, i think the answer is yes. One of ma bestfriends is a guy, very very gd lookng (nd sometimes i feel proud dat m his real gd frnd cuz of all d galz dat see us 2geda nd give me dis " u re lucky look")

But we grew up 2gether, live on the same street in Niger, go 2 d same church nd went to the same primary nd secondary schools, nd have have almost the same frnds. And i can assure nybody who cares 2 know, dat there is no sexual tention btw us. We are just cool frnds.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Hotstepper(f): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2006
@Diddy, who is diz ur gurl pal for Canada that I don't know? I wanna know ohhhhh tongue
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by diddy4(m): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2006
hmmm, i see.e be like say na dat toronto she dey sef. i go ask her proper cuzz i didnt care to know since im not there.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by damygurl(f): 9:13pm On Jun 22, 2006
yup!! Three of my best pals r guyz!!
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by nosakhare(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2006
CAN YOU TELL A DOG TO BEST FRIENDS WITH A JUICY BONE??
well for me to have a girl as a best friend would be very difficult undecided, except if she isn't pretty and does have any curves at all wink cos if i am around a chick thats so pretty my mind won't help but imagine grin wink, what it would taste like, :oi have a girl thats my friend but not best friend, i keep the distance lipsrsealed by imagining that she is HIV positive cos she's quite slime, anyway it actually depends on ur maturity, for me i havent over come that level,that is to see them as just friends with no strings attached, angry
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by blueiyke(m): 2:09pm On Jun 23, 2006
Seun, no offence but I think u have a one track mind.
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by supaguy(m): 3:03am On Jun 24, 2006
yes, they can be,, but it takes some level of discipline for them to continue as 'just friends'
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by hotangel2(f): 3:28am On Jun 24, 2006
My best friend is a guy.And there are no strings attached.

At a point in time, u both wanna try the 'thing', but truth is it never works.

So the answer it YES a boy and a girl can just be friends. And further more BEST FRIENDS!
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Kadeejah(f): 4:12am On Jun 24, 2006
hell ye opposite sexes can be besfriendz ma besfriend iz a guy nd i tell him everything. ive got more guy friendz dan girlz coz girlz can be b*tchez sumtimes
nd ye derz alwayz gunna be dat thought of bein more dan friendz
trust me itz better 2 stick 2 bein jus friendz
sumwhere down da line me nd ma besfriend tried ta be more dan friendz buh it dint quite werk out
we still as tight as eva nd i gat sum gurlz hatin on me cuz we so tight nd dey think we a couple
even ma ex boi had a problem wit him. . .buh truth be told i wudnt let nobody nd i mean NOBODY come between me nd ma besfriend. i luv him ta def
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by chijioka(m): 5:12am On Jun 24, 2006
well i do not know how u guys see this
well from my own point of view its almost impossible
cos from best of friends it will lead to somethin deeper
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 24, 2006
they should smiley
Re: Can Opposite Sexes Be Best Friends? by chijioka(m): 5:52am On Jun 24, 2006
i know that they will eventually make love /sex
now note thar when one of them now decides
to move on the other feels deprived

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please How Can I Avoid This Girl / What Should A Man Do When A Woman Hits Him? / Advice Please "My Girlfriend Wants Me To Pay Her School Fees"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.