Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses (54081 Views)

Abuja: A Very Spacious Self Contain To Let 400K. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja: A Spacious Self Contain 400K. A Room And Parlour Bq 500k. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja A Room Self-contained (N120,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by tomi01(m): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2014
hmmmm, watching 4rm angle 90
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by GentleFrank(m): 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ok
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nakarey(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*
very true!I can attest to this as an abj resident.infact rite nau my young man dey execute one estate project for life camp.if u knw d price tag,I doubt if those cribs can ever b totally occupied.bt wetin concern me,sofar we chop d contract mulla.no time
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by princetoye(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
The house ain't empty o .. There are vault inside stock wit cash
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Sagamite(m): 4:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

The main problems:

1) When you loot your money instead of working hard for it, you can afford to leave an investment empty without using it or letting it make money for you. It is even easier considering you can still steal more money.

2) When you are in Nigeria and loot your money instead of working hard for it, you obviously are highly likely not to have a business brain to think entrepreneurial-ly or commercially. The average Nigerian rich man is a person that only knows how to loot, copy other people's ideas that work or just engage in basic buy and sell businesses. He or she would not have a clue about how to understand market needs and provide innovative goods/services that meets the needs.

They spoil the economy by wasting the way resources can be used efficiently.

- Waste of Land.
- Waste of Labour.
- Waste of Capital.
- Disadvantaging those with the essential Entrepreneurial skills.

The four core resources that needs to be effectively utilised to build a strong economy.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by alaura: 4:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
It's a way the polithiefcians launder ther money. They actual don't care.

Continues to drink garri and gnut

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Speakdatruth: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
abj aint wot pipo tnk. al ma tym dia wz jus 4 biznes nt residencial place
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by chino11(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
You guys wants to turn Abuja into another huge slum called Lagos..? God is bigger than you all.. cool
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Bimpe29: 5:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hmn! It is so pathetic to note that, majority of houses within the heart of Abuja City are empty. The blames are partly on the Nigerian government, and partly on the first class citizens/the rich ones. Why because, the housing policy of the government is not well thought out, adequate and necessary regulation/enforcement of tenancy laws are not holistic . The so-called first class citizens are not merciful to the masses, as far as the issue of house rents are concerned.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by SHAAWA: 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
My sister come to 7th avenue in gwarinpa to see what's happening. A
properties worth over N70m are being demolished(zero level) and rebuild.
Some twin duplexes had their for sale banner for over 3yrs now, no buyer no tenants.

A two bedroom apartment in kubwa is around 600k while annual rent allowance for Grade level 10 officer is less than 300k.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
are d mods dead....take this crap and give us more FP news joor
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Dreyl(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
femme fetale:

You no dey chop oil tongue
yeah i do.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Dreyl(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gabriel_sylar: are d mods dead....take this crap and give us more FP news joor
mehn today boring sha i don't know maybe the y re sleeping undecided
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Gbemini(m): 6:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Vanity upon vanity.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Moscorinho(m): 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dey should rent d flat out for #5000 maybe I fit consider am
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by buJu234: 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
@op

U should have included lekki phase 1 and those massive estates at ikate and elegushi part of lagos
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Ikonz(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don tire for today oh, which kind scarcity of front page topics wey dey happen today na?

I don refresh nairaland tire!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by nikkyshyne(f): 7:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ikonz: I don tire for today oh, which kind scarcity of front page topics wey dey happen today na?

I don refresh nairaland tire!
Me sef oo. Is Mukina or Seun sleeping since morning nii
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by thimbook2(m): 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
@kayswag
OP aint wrong at all!
Stayed in Abj for 2.5yrs straight up b4 gittin' outta Naij and still checkn in every other yr or so since '08, i realize its an absolute fact &having being a bit into all those FCDA/AMAC property runz then, i can understand why its unfairly but logically so.

Kamex said da word, cost of getting da plots + cost of building da structures all combined to paint a sorry of seriously unfair distribution of wealth in twisted parody of capitalism gone wrong, mehn!

I left Abj on 31st, got in 18th, drove around trying to hook some deals (who wouldn't, Naira's incredibly easy to make in Abj if u knw where to luk); stuff i assured folks i'd be able to 'secure' fi dem in Naij; a 2000sq/m C of O here, anova 50acres there mass housing etc etc so i saw enuf for meself. Its mostly as OP says it is. Wasn't in many areas but saw enuf of Apo, Gwarimpa, kubwa (lukn for Karsana 40hects) and all those empty estates, efab, tradesmore etc even zone c - e of d Legislative quarters side. Man, i rily dunt know what kinda events gonna cause da shift or redistribution of wealth in Naij; u jst kip workn hard/smart n prayin, i guess.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Monjie(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Its pathetic.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by adedayoa2(f): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
So true, told ma friend that we should move into an empty house opposite our office. The truth is even the satellite towns too are not left out, you pay for house rent thru your nose.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Amya(f): 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
gerald09: Abuja a city were 80% of it population works for d Gov directly while 10% get indirect jobs from Gov contracts while d remaining 10% do regular business which dey rely on dis 90% to survive. Now gov official loot money n build house in kubwa, Asokoro n Apo. D Asokoro n Apo is meant for d rich, famous n oda Gov officials so dey put a ridiculous price, so now if all d Gov who steals money build houses and with the stupidi*ty of most thieves they all put ridiculous prices since dey all now rely on dat 20% to come n rent, the kubwa own gets full n Apo n Asokoro remains empty cos "hey I be thief u be thief y leave in ur house wen I can build my own Too". Eventually the price drops cos wen retirement come dey start selling it like a bi*tch on heat. Let face it abuja is not a business state majority rely n wait on budget n contracts. Which after dey get it they take it out side abuja n give it to another state. Wait and see the story of d Rise and Fall of d Abuja housing market.

Not very comprehensible, but you do know what you're saying. There are thousands of almost empty estates (not buildings o!) In Abuja. No buyers. Sooner or later all the prices must come down.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by micki83(m): 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
kamez: Blame it on the cost of getting a land in those areas.. Would u buy land for 50millio, build a house and rent it out for 500k per annum? How many centuries would it take u to recoup ur capital? Remember real estate is a business and like every oda buisness, the aim is to start making profit ad quickly as possible
Your logic is quite...well,"logical"; it doesn't seem very wise to spend over 60million naira on a house,then rent it out for just 500thousand a year; it would take forever to recoup ur capital. However,here's another logic: with d way these houses are priced,they stay empty for 5-10years sometimes(not exaggerating;I've seen dis happn here in abj!).this means that d said house generates absolutely NO income for d ownere during those years.Now it seems to me that getting "only" 500 thousand a year from a house u spent over 60million to acquire is better than getting Zero naira from d same house for 10 years,just cos it's too expensive for prospective tenants to afford.Hell,getting just 50 thousand a year is better than getting Zero naira for 10 years! Anyway,what do I know?I'm not really a businessman,so maybe I'm taking a very simplistic look at things here.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by bidex(m): 8:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hmmm... Na wah o
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by micki83(m): 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
spyder880:

Is it right to regulate the price of houses?
That depends on who u ask: landlords or tenants?hehehe... tongue grin
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Taich(m): 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
I stayed in Abuja for 2years and the estate business in Abuja is just crazy. A self contain for 700k, then tell me how u except someone with an honest income to pay such an amount and be happy. Then u go to the suburbs like Fha Lugbe a clean 2 bedroom goes as high 1m. Abuja is not a place for beginners.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Taich: I stayed in Abuja for 2years and the estate business in Abuja is just crazy. A self contain for 700k, then tell me how u except someone with an honest income to pay such an amount and be happy. Then u go to the suburbs like Fha Lugbe a clean 2 bedroom goes as high 1m. Abuja is not a place for beginners.

u are very correct
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Chekitaut: 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
Abuja...I hate that place with passion, if you wish to live like a true human, Abuja will frustrate you out of business. I bet u, that area will never develop like Ajah. You have to be a Political thief, Ritualist, High Assassin, Political thug, Armed robber, High level 419, to survive in ABUJA. An engineer from called for my service he said i should quot 2,500/bag(600bags) of cement(1,500,000) wish is the cost of 900bags, can you just imagine. if that house is finally built guess the cost of rent. Wicked people. call it national cake...

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Chekitaut: Abuja...I hate that place with passion, if you wish to live like a true human, Abuja will frustrate you out of business. I bet u, that area will never develop like Ajah. You have to be a Political thief, Ritualist, High Assassin, Political thug, Armed robber, High level 419, to survive in ABUJA. An engineer from called for my service he said i should quot 2,500/bag(600bags) of cement(1,500,000) wish is the cost of 900bags, can you just imagine. if that house is finally built guess the cost of rent. Wicked people. call it national cake...

do u mean we dont have cheats,assasin and 419 e.t.c in other states aside abuja?
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Chekitaut: 9:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
segzy14:

do u mean we dont have cheats,assasin and 419 e.t.c in other states aside abuja?
Bro u a correct...my experience in and with Abuja is what am talking about higher than any other place, understand the logic, you will find it difficult visiting them so u cant know sources of Abnormally Hug Income...
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by tnktosin(m): 10:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
lynpetra:

What's the point then.Keeping empty houses like this for years,years,for nothing!If only the prizes of houses will be standardized regulated......Houses that doesn't even meet C of O requirements. embarassed
My dear u made a gud point with the original post but with regards to the bolded in the above, please say what you know.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Revolva(m): 10:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
grin who cares bout abuja..empty house thats why i say it lagos is the best place in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / Fabricate Bathroom shower cubicles, office partitions &stainless steel handrails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.