Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses (54082 Views)

Abuja: A Very Spacious Self Contain To Let 400K. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja: A Spacious Self Contain 400K. A Room And Parlour Bq 500k. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja A Room Self-contained (N120,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by greatgeo(m): 12:18am On Jan 06, 2014
HMmmm na wao but come to think of it why can't our government just allocate these empty houses to homeless people then those who owns them wiLl come out to tell us where they got the money to build them and why they are empty.its our money so we all should enjoy it na. Or simply sign into law that anyone who owns a property must let it out within a stated range.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by greatgeo(m): 12:20am On Jan 06, 2014
princetoye: The house ain't empty o .. There are vault inside stock wit cash
really?
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Ukutsgp(m): 12:22am On Jan 06, 2014
Well, dat is their business. I am in treadmore estate living my life peacefully on. But seriously, Abuja here is like that. D op is rite.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2014
Ukuts gp: Well, dat is their business. I am in treadmore estate living my life peacefully on. But seriously, Abuja here is like that. D op is rite.

trademore not treadmore
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 06, 2014
Chekitaut: Bro u a correct...my experience in and with Abuja is what am talking about higher than any other place, understand the logic, you will find it difficult visiting them so u cant know sources of Abnormally Hug Income...

the fact is that abuja is an expensive city
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Ukutsgp(m): 7:08am On Jan 06, 2014
segzy14:

trademore not treadmore
u are right. My finger was faster than my thought.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Remii(m): 7:20am On Jan 06, 2014
Story is same for all posh areas, Ikoyi, lekki Phase 1 , GRAs all over.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 06, 2014
Remii: Story is same for all posh areas, Ikoyi, lekki Phase 1 , GRAs all over.

Yea,but my bros if you see empty houses for Abj,you go WOW!For Apo alone sef,see completed Estates,Empty.Yet several are still under construction.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by magikalz(m): 9:50am On Jan 06, 2014
kayswag100:

Another fallacy! !!

oga, it's evident your aunt either took you to a wrong part of town or you know NARRING about abj.

All cities in the world have over priced estates with empty houses. GST 102 thot us that it's wrong to generalize based on insufficient sample.
Some people comment just to sound relevant. You must be a very disturbed person. Use your brain well, if you have one.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by ooshinibos: 10:19am On Jan 06, 2014
ITS NOT THAT BAD .

In 2001 the world began talking about the Bric countries - Brazil, Russia, India and China - as potential powerhouses of the world economy. The term was coined by economist Jim O'Neill, who has now identified the "Mint" countries - Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey - as emerging economic giants. Here he explains why.

So what is it about the so-called Mint countries that makes them so special? Why these four countries?

A friend who has followed the Bric story noted sardonically that they are probably "fresher" than the Brics. What they really share beyond having a lot of people, is that at least for the next 20 years, they have really good "inner" demographics - they are all going to see a rise in the number of people eligible to work relative to those not working.

This is the envy of many developed countries but also two of the Bric countries, China and Russia. So, if Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey get their act together, some of them could match China's style double-digit rates between 2003 and 2008.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by bynty: 11:51am On Jan 06, 2014
Too pathetic! @OP< That will tell u the height of corruption in government. The empty houses are owned by both mostly former and present public civil servants, who have stolen and diverted resources meant to better the lots of the masses....now they build houses and fix prices same unfortunate masses can not afford. >:
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by bynty: 11:55am On Jan 06, 2014
This simply because of the rent!
segzy14:

the fact is that abuja is an expensive city
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
bynty: This simply because of the rent!

yes
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by LordReed(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
Which empty house? I can almost bet it is not Abuja you are talking about or you don't live in Abuja and imagine that the houses are unoccupied. In any case you so very mistaken.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
Lord_Reed: Which empty house smiley? I can almost bet it is not Abuja you are talking about or you don't live in Abuja and imagine that the houses are unoccupied. In any case you so very mistaken.

Whaaaaaaaaaat??
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by LordReed(m): 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
lynpetra:

Whaaaaaaaaaat??

You have never gone house hunting in Abuja or you'd know. Aside from newly built estates I challenge you to mention a fully developed area that has no residents at all. Go on.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
bynty: Too pathetic! @OP< That will tell u the height of corruption in government. The empty houses are owned by both mostly former and present public civil servants, who have stolen and diverted resources meant to better the lots of the masses....now they build houses and fix prices same unfortunate masses can not afford. >:

You are very correct!
I noticed some Pple here really wants to divert from that which is the truth.Abuja we all know should remain high classed,yet in my little mind.This is what I am beginning to notice;The present govt is looting,investing but not gaining,money is being circulated amongst a specified few,construction companies are beginning to liquidate.It all shows that those who are stealing now are majorly stealing not to make gain,but to have what to fall back to as the nation is beginning to show signs of disintegration.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by simdam500(m): 3:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
op. where is abuja
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
Lord_Reed:

You have never gone house hunting in Abuja or you'd know. Aside from newly built estates I challenge you to mention a fully developed area that has no residents at all. Go on.

Jesus Christ!if you cannot see the sarcasm in posts then you make laff.Reed,there are a lot,a lot of empty houses,duplexes,everywhere.Please this shydnt be an argument.Take ur time on a Saturday and tour Abuja,I bet you, u wud be amazed.It is that bad.
Lord Reed,do you realize that painters,screed painters,builders,bricklayers,building material sellers,etc .from Cameron,Nigeria,Ghana are making a lot of money than a PhD holder here in Abuja?? kiss
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by webizone(m): 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2014
Lynpetra, to talk true, no be say u fine but u get sense well well. I surprise to say I con dey really like u. (I no dey like person anyhow and I don't always speak pidgin)
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by LordReed(m): 12:47am On Jan 07, 2014
lynpetra:

Jesus Christ!if you cannot see the sarcasm in posts then you make laff.Reed,there are a lot,a lot of empty houses,duplexes,everywhere.Please this shydnt be an argument.Take ur time on a Saturday and tour Abuja,I bet you, u wud be amazed.It is that bad.
Lord Reed,do you realize that painters,screed painters,builders,bricklayers,building material sellers,etc .from Cameron,Nigeria,Ghana are making a lot of money than a PhD holder here in Abuja?? kiss

I don't need to take a tour, I have lived in Abuja for 20yrs so I have seen it develop from virtually the scratch. I have given you a challenge mention anywhere in Abuja that is well developed that is empty.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 07, 2014
Lord_Reed:

I don't need to take a tour, I have lived in Abuja for 20yrs so I have seen it develop from virtually the scratch. I have given you a challenge mention anywhere in Abuja that is well developed that is empty.

Apo,Lokogoma,Airport road and it environs,Asokoro , Karimu
there are places I cant mention cos I don't know their names.There are plenty Estates around GAMES VILLAGE,SUN CITY,SUNNY VILLE that are empty

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by LordReed(m): 2:00am On Jan 07, 2014
lynpetra:

Apo,Lokogoma,Airport road and it environs,Asokoro , Karimu
there are places I cant mention cos I don't know their names.There are plenty Estates around GAMES VILLAGE,SUN CITY,SUNNY VILLE that are empty

Goodness gracious you talking about estates that have barely been finished as empty? Come on do people acquire property in one day? Within one year all those estates when completed will not have vacancy I can almost bet on it. If there is one thing Abuja needs it is living space.

As I have said I have seen Abuja grow from bare bones to the big city is now. What you are calling empty is just the prelude that comes with new development. You probably are new to Abuja and it surprises you that that amount of real estate development is taking place, believe me it is not new. I remember when we used to marvel at Gwarinmpa and doubt is it would be filled but look at Gwarinmpa today, it is a city on its own. Have no doubts, all that development will be occupied.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by donkayze(m): 2:16am On Jan 08, 2014
kayswag100:

Another fallacy! !!

oga, it's evident your aunt either took you to a wrong part of town or you know NARRING about abj.

All cities in the world have over priced estates with empty houses. GST 102 thot us that it's wrong to generalize based on insufficient sample.

@Kayswag100, have you ever heard of this word *LUNGU* from any Abuja person? my bro, u will pity d pple staying there. My point, the OP is right. U see pple renting gatemen/security post for 400k just because they want to live in town. its really crazy here in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 08, 2014
donkayze:

@Kayswag100, have you ever heard of this word *LUNGU* from any Abuja person? my bro, u will pity d pple staying there. My point, the OP is right. U see pple renting gatemen/security post for 400k just because they want to live in town. its really crazy here in Abuja.

my brother u are on point, abuja is very expensive to live in, kai.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 08, 2014
segzy14:

my brother u are on point, abuja is very expensive to live in, kai.

The problem in Abuja is Housing.Transportation and feeding is quite cheap.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by oyinbogirl(f): 12:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
Sadly, Its a wicked system we are living in. Who cares for the poor & working class truly? Na end be close now
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Jasi7(m): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2014
lynpetra:

My brother It's really pathetic!!I mean from Apo,to along Airport,Lokogoma,etc you see lot of empty Estates,NOBODY!!NOT EVEN A DEAD LIZARD!!!

No b smal thing o....everyday dem dey build new estate,if its not at lugbe area its at airport road or durumi...they've even upgeaded nw..u hardly find bungalows in emerging estates...its duplexes...who get moni to stay for dat kind place

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2014
Jasi7:

No b smal thing o....everyday dem dey build new estate,if its not at lugbe area its at airport road or durumi...they've even upgeaded nw..u hardly find bungalows in emerging estates...its duplexes...who get moni to stay for dat kind place

Plenty fine fine Estates o.
This days,one go live in such houses even if you can't pay just to help the owners overlook their houses for the main time.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Jasi7(m): 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
lynpetra:

This days,one go live in such houses even if you can't pay just to help the owners overlook their houses for the main time.

If i hear overlook...i notice rich men are greedy...anyway i no go blame dem sha because in my estate here...d houses dat wer given up to pple to look after,wenever i pass ther d house luks so messed up and unkept and dat means d owner nids to do a new painting and all so mayb dats wat they are avoidin...ther is new estate,nt so new any way close to games village...suncity estate...dat wan bam sha.estates dey wey fine no b lie
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by harffie(m): 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
lynpetra:

Where dyu stay in abj?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / Fabricate Bathroom shower cubicles, office partitions &stainless steel handrails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.