Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses (54084 Views)

Abuja: A Very Spacious Self Contain To Let 400K. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja: A Spacious Self Contain 400K. A Room And Parlour Bq 500k. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja A Room Self-contained (N120,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by josh001(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
@0p, i could not agree more, the gulf in class between the rich and poor in Nigeria is lamentable, infact, i pray God delivers us, abeg pass zobo, i get popcorn, lets both watch it unfold.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by cash4nigerians(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
hmmm
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Chinwem(f): 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
I think thee are a lot of retirees there whose children are not in the country
That's whythere are these this big huge houses which are practically empty

Anyway that's what I observed with ppl I know sha
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by siralos135: 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by NMotorwerks: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Evidence of ill-gotten wealth that could not be siphoned abroad due to anti-money laundering laws world over.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by victorazy(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

U don't blame them you should blame good for nothing FCT Authority. They can not regulate the price of houses in Abuja but what they serious na to they catch ashawo girls up an down. shocked so anoying

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Smily202(m): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
youmour: Fine girl share ur z"obo" with me biko tongue

alk the time. u dey beg for Zobo......u no fit buy ur own. .

btw....

Op..Nice post....wish this will ring in there ear.....
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
kayswag100:

Another fallacy! !!

oga, it's evident your aunt either took you to a wrong part of town or you know NARRING about abj.

All cities in the world have over priced estates with empty houses. GST 102 thot us that it's wrong to generalize based on insufficient sample.

Madam,I am not generalizing here.Ofcourse there are places like Lugbe,Kubwa,Gwarimpa, where a lot of people live,even at that its still expensive.A good self con in Gwarimpa goes from 400k,an amount you can pay for a good flat in some places in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Okijajuju1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Madam OP...

Life is not a Charity...

Those properties were built for profit, not as hand outs.. Try and go to big cities like New York, Paris and co.. It's the exact same thing. Same thing for places like Ikoyi, Lekki and GRAs across Nigeria.

This is real estate business my darling. Property values are set for a reason. Most times to attract a certain level of clientele. Dangote would not buy a house in Ajegunle.. That's for a reason. A house in Ajegunle can never commend the same rent as a house in Lekki or Ikoyi, even if the house is bigger, finer and more equipped than the Ikoyi house.

Even you sef, when you hammer, you would not want to live in a middle class area. It's just the way it is.. It's not wickedness, it's not government, it's just business and real estate. Property must get value..

If you want affordable housing, go to affordable places like Ekiti where a duplex goes for 350,000 Naira a year. grin

6 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:

Madam,I am not generalizing here.Ofcourse there are places like Lugbe,Kubwa,Gwarimpa, where a lot of people live,even at that its still expensive.A good self con in Gwarimpa goes from 400k,an amount you can pay for a good flat in some places in Lagos.

oga, that's y IT'S called nigeria's FCT.

So you have now derailed? ain't you talking about empty houses again?

I'd reiterate that all cities in the world have over priced and empty houses/estates.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by siralos135: 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take
time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

Lympetra ! You are beauriful.........love u
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by emmatok(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
@op you 100% correct.
Even in Lagos here you see empty houses everywhere.
Places like IKOYI,GRA Ikeja, VI, lakki and Aka are also suffering thesame issues.
3bedroom flat ensuite in these areas going for 3.5m-5million par annum.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Donykua: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ejooh ema koke zobo omo yee ooh!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Realcash224(m): 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
That's why it's called FCT. Although, the distance between the rich & poor is cal for consideration by govt.
Many of this Abuja houses are
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
kamez: Blame it on the cost of getting a land in those areas.. Would u buy land for 50millio, build a house and rent it out for 500k per annum? How many centuries would it take u to recoup ur capital? Remember real estate is a business and like every oda buisness, the aim is to start making profit ad quickly as possible

Thats a valid point too!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by funnyx(m): 9:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
It's a way by which corrupt civil servants and politicians launder their ill gotten wealth, as for the revolution you mentioned, babe you're on long thing on that because Nigerians are not ready for such, they'll rather fight among themselves about who is Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2014
josh001: @0p, i could not agree more, the gulf in class between the rich and poor in Nigeria is lamentable, infact, i pray God delivers us, abeg pass zobo, i get popcorn, lets both watch it unfold.
The gap between d rich and poor in Naija is like a trek from Alaba Suru to the NORTH POLE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by seansifo(m): 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2014

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

Well Noted, I'll summon GEJ first thing tomorrow morning

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by adewataiwo: 9:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk FOR YOUR LATEST DATING ADVISE EXAM CHEAT AND CONFIRM EXPO,ALL NIGERIA NETWORK FREE BROWSING,,LASTEST MOBILE AND PC TUTORIAL.WEB DESIGN TUTORIAL.UNLIMITED EBOOK,AND LOT MORE CHECK http://www.examloading.tk
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by seansifo(m): 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra:
The gap between d rich and poor in Naija is like a trek from Alaba Suru to the NORTH POLE!!!

I go say you say so
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Alexanderpope(m): 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2014
They should all go and die.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by venorite(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2014
Op its not just the politicians.humans are naturally greedy and wicked.I don't know why some people will steal a country's money to build houses that no one will stay in it.go to maitama,asokoro and the likes and u will weep for nigeria.some people are worth billions of dollars while some can't even have 3 square meals.some times I just thank God for death cos only God knows what will have happened if people didn't die or could buy life.just try and be good,help people u can, and u will be blessed

3 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Booty4me: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
one sided topic

what should we argue on now
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
kayswag100:

Another fallacy! !!

oga, it's evident your aunt either took you to a wrong part of town or you know NARRING about abj.

All cities in the world have over priced estates with empty houses. GST 102 thot us that it's wrong to generalize based on insufficient sample.
And your point is...? Meanwhile she is madam not Oga... Some people just read to comment and not to understand..psssttff.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
victorazy:

U don't blame them you should blame good for nothing FCT Authority. They can not [b]regulate the price of houses [/b]in Abuja but what they serious na to they catch ashawo girls up an down. shocked so anoying

Is it right to regulate the price of houses?

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
The op, is very right about this. I witnessed it tho
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 9:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju: Madam OP...

Life is not a Charity...

Those properties were built for profit, not as hand outs.. Try and go to big cities like New York, Paris and co.. It's the exact same thing. Same thing for places like Ikoyi, Lekki and GRAs across Nigeria.

This is real estate business my darling. Property values are set for a reason. Most times to attract a certain level of clientele. Dangote would not buy a house in Ajegunle.. That's for a reason. A house in Ajegunle can never commend the same rent as a house in Lekki or Ikoyi, even if the house is bigger, finer and more equipped than the Ikoyi house.

Even you sef, when you hammer, you would not want to live in a middle class area. It's just the way it is.. It's not wickedness, it's not government, it's just business and real estate. Property must get value..

If you want affordable housing, go to affordable places like Ekiti where a duplex goes for 350,000 Naira a year. grin

God bless u!!!

I was bitter initially when I stayed in abj and my house got demolished. If you can't afford the expensive houses, move on! !!

I then realised that it's all about the benjamins baby. ..

My office building (close to force had quaters) was leased at 1.2bill for 4yrs and ppl still paid.

d op needs to know that all cities have deserted houses/overpriced estates. abj is just an example
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by emmatok(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju: Madam OP...

Life is not a Charity...

Well the issue here is that Nigerian properties are overpriced.
There are lots of empty homes Ikoyi, Lekki and Ikeja GRA waiting for people to pay 3.5-5 million par year.

Some properties in Lagos are more expensive than some eyebrow areas in US and UK

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
The op is right, this annoys me a lot whenever i pass these houses,
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
Valeree:
And your point is...? Meanwhile she is madam not Oga... Some people just read to comment and not to understand..psssttff.

oga, not everything is rocket science.

No sooth sayer needs to interpret what I've written! !!!!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
Isaiah.5:8 Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!9 In mine ears said the Lord of hosts, Of a truth many houses shall be desolate, even great and fair, without inhabitant.10 Yea, ten acres of vineyard shall yield one bath, and the seed of an homer shall yield an ephah.

OP, the emptiness is the punishment for the owners.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / Fabricate Bathroom shower cubicles, office partitions &stainless steel handrails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.