Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses (54079 Views)

Abuja: A Very Spacious Self Contain To Let 400K. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja: A Spacious Self Contain 400K. A Room And Parlour Bq 500k. 5% Legal Fees. / Abuja A Room Self-contained (N120,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by emmatok(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
kayswag100:

God bless u!!!

I was bitter initially when I stayed in abj and my house got demolished. If you can't afford the expensive houses, move on! !!

I then realised that it's all about the benjamins baby. ..

My office building (close to force had quaters) was leased at 1.2bill for 4yrs and ppl still paid.

d op needs to know that all cities have deserted houses/overpriced estates. abj is just an example

My friend some of those properties owners are loosing money.
E.g Eleganzer Estate Aja, is almost empty and most of building are rusting away.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Donsammi(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
this One u include Kubwa .. u mean Kubwa Villaqe mrt?... Go to 2/1 laqosstr and rest If u ar qonna see cheap huzs
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Okijajuju1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
emmatok:

Well the issue here is that Nigerian properties are overpriced.
There are lots of empty homes Ikoyi, Lekki and Ikeja GRA waiting for people to pay 3.5-5 million par year.

Some properties in Lagos are more expensive than some eyebrow areas in US and UK

Thats real estate for you..

In every major city in the world, real estate is expensive.. My 3 bedroom house in Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt costs less than my shitty 2 bedroom house in Oniru, Lagos..

NOTE:

My house on Port Harcourt has clean water that I can drink straight out the tap.. My house in Lagos, I can't even wash my clothes with the water because its brown in color. Yet...

My Air conditioning in Lagos deteriorates at twice the normal rate because the air tainted with salt from the sea nearby corrodes metals super fast.. Yet, I am paying crazy money..

Next year, I am moving to the mainland and buying a powerbike with my rent money and I will still get a better house than I currently have in Oniru..

4 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by gRutiE(f): 9:46pm On Jan 04, 2014
I noticed it too wen I was at abuja, its so annoying
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Are enemies also to receive what we owe to them? Could that be Justice? what do we owe our enemy, that which is due and proper to him? i think we owe our enemy love... so give your enemy love in other for justice to reign. preach this goodnews to every true-Nigerian.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by playboy19(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
This is the story of Asokoro, come to asokoroa and see the real meaning of empty mansions. 1 out of 30 mansions in Asokoro is occupied. True story and these are houses worth billions each
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
emmatok:

My friend some of those properties owners are loosing money.
E.g Eleganzer Estate Aja, is almost empty and most of building are rusting away.

Pls read to understand. What I've been saying is that abj isn't an exception in having empty / over priced houses / estates.

The OP ( I mean ' off point ' ) posted a misleading topic and HE needs to get things ryt.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by chucky234(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2014
Who fvcking cares.....
Lasgidi for life joor
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
playboy19: This is the story of Asokoro, come to asokoroa and see the real meaning of empty mansions. 1 out of 30 mansions in Asokoro is occupied. True story and these are houses worth billions each

... and yet another fallacy.

folks PLEASE do not trust all pieces of information gotten from NL POSTS. This ↑is a classic example.

gosh!!!

*pukes*
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
That is the system we live in world over so everyone has some hustle to do...

The thieves arent the richest men on earth so why won't i succeed legitimately ??
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by emmatok(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

Thats real estate for you..

In every major city in the world, real estate is expensive.. My 3 bedroom house in Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt costs less than my shitty 2 bedroom house in Oniru, Lagos..

NOTE:

My house on Port Harcourt has clean water that I can drink straight out the tap.. My house in Lagos, I can't even wash my clothes with the water because its brown in color. Yet...

My Air conditioning in Lagos deteriorates at twice the normal rate because the air tainted with salt from the sea nearby corrodes metals super fast.. Yet, I am paying crazy money..

Next year, I am moving to the mainland and buying a powerbike with my rent money and I will still get a better house than I currently have in Oniru..

That Oniru is very Bad, i prefer Antony, Surulere, Maryland, Ilupeji and Yaba to anywhere on the Island.
Even Ikoyi water is worst.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by chronique(m): 9:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
@ op and abuja residents: what's the cost of renting a 3 bedroom flat or duplex in abuja now? Is airport road also very expensive? My aunt used to live @ wuse zone 2 before she moved to airport road due to the increase in rent(I suppose). I've been thinking about the posibility of extending my business to the capital(cos I get calls from people there very often and some people have suggested I create an outlet there to cater for clients from that region). Any idea how much it would cost to rent an open space for a car lot around the capital?
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
kayswag100:

folks PLEASE do not trust all pieces of information gotten from NL POSTS. This ↑is a classic example.

gosh!!!

*pukes*

I was at Aso drive Abuja for a wedding not too long ago and also saw empty houses.. I can relate to the OPs post.. However, just because the house is empty does not mean the value of the property should be devalued.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by emmatok(m): 10:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
kayswag100:

Pls read to understand. What I've been saying is that abj isn't an exception in having empty / over priced houses / estates.

The OP ( I mean ' off point ' ) posted a misleading topic and HE needs to get things ryt.

The op is 100% right about Abuja.
And it also applies to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
lynpetra: It's really pathetic to listen to the tales of homeless people in Abuja.Some complain bitterly of how scarce it is to get affordable homes here in the heart of the North.Such Irony!As my aunt drove me around this evening,I can't help to notice so many empty duplexes,bungalows,self contains,Block of flats around."Auntie all this houses na who them dey build am for?"I asked.Beautiful empty houses,several still under construction.Greed na bastard!An employed average Nigerian can never afford the price of only a Dog post in these houses!!Infact,who are those building this houses?Why build a house to leave it empty for years because no customer can pay the prize?Isn't it selfish,foolish and inhumanly wicked?Why not make it affordable as it is available?The only reason business isn't booming in Abuja is partly because plenty houses are empty,as a lot of youths live in places like Iyanya,Maraba,Kubwa,and the outskirts of Abuja.

I know our Govt system is made for the rich,we don't mean anything to them.Living in well built houses doesn't fit the average Nigerian.As they loot our money,every seconds of everyday,every minute of every hour,every day of every year,stealing big,dumping it here and there,hiding them by building so many Estates,Shopping Malls,Markets,Blocks of Flats,ALL FOR NOTHING!!!EMPTY AS THE YEARS GOES....They continue to hide this stolen money on properties and lands,some of which are taken by force from indigenes.....

Mmmh...God is watching.Still waiting for that revolution,surely it will come.It can only take time.

*continues to sip Zobo*

it seems u like zobo very well, lol
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

I was at Aso drive Abuja for a wedding not too long ago and also saw empty houses.. I can relate to the OPs post.. However, just because the house is empty does not mean the value of the property should be devalued.

please u guys should be pragmatic! !!

How can a person who claims to have visited asokoro claim 1 in 30 houses is empty,?

... and to you: does it mean that if there are empty houses in aso drive, the whole abj has empty houses?

For the umpteenth tym, All cities in the world have empty/overpriced houses/ estates. abuja is just an example.

and it doesn't mean ALL HOUSES IN ABJ ARE OVERPRICED/DESRTED
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by InvertedHammer: 10:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
/
Another thing is that the people that built those houses did it just for the heck that they want landed property.

They can afford to let it sit for years without any occupants.

The place I stay in Festac, Lagos when I fly into Nigeria is owned by a military general whose family live in Maryland.

The place is locked and kept clean by retinue of servants who use the Boys' Quarter.

He does not want to rent it out. He stays there may be 2 weeks in a year.

Nigeria is just an unbelievable place.

Most often than not, they are not really relying on the rent to make ends meet.

Take a look at Bankole's Estate next to Games Village. Nice but too expensive.

MoSaraha builds estates and still way overpriced. CNEECO? You don't even want to go there.

Uche Nworah? Please! They act like they don't have need for the money anymore.

After all, worse comes to worst, the banks will bite the dust

\
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by playboy19(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
kayswag100:

gosh!!!

*pukes*

Look kiddo, this is my 13th year in Asokoro, my family moved in 2000, so I'm giving you first hand information here, not 'some my uncle told me' kinda ish.

I will ask u to point to any house in Asokoro and I will tell you the real owner. The family name and the names of the family members. I can even go as far as giving you some contact info as most of us grew together. So you don't wanna go there with me.

I am not talking about any other district, but Asokoro, don't go about arguing with me.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2014
playboy19:

Look kiddo, this is my 13th year in Asokoro, my family moved in 2000, so I'm giving you first hand information here, not 'some my uncle told me' kinda ish.

I will ask u to point to any house in Asokoro and I will tell you the real owner. The family name and the names of the family members. I can even go as far as giving you some contact info as most of us grew together. So you don't wanna go there with me.

I am not talking about any other district, but Asokoro, don't go about arguing with me.

chap, the fact that u know the whole asokoro and have stayed there for 50 yrd doesn't make 1 in 30 houses empty. That's A PURE LIE. DO NOT MISLEAD PPL.

btw, I also worked there for yrs!!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by ingzima: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
you mean steal billions, allocate lands or pinch out a lil of your loot and raise mansions that are completely useless 'cos people cant afford the rent? well a popular singer already said that,'low-cost housing is for the upper class' mtschewwww.
kamez: Blame it on the cost of getting a land in those areas.. Would u buy land for 50millio, build a house and rent it out for 500k per annum? How many centuries would it take u to recoup ur capital? Remember real estate is a business and like every oda buisness, the aim is to start making profit ad quickly as possible
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
all dose people based in States (all controlled by thieves as governors) will b commenting in one syllable... Duh
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by christ4mi(f): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
playboy19:

Shhhhh! Asokoro is still a big place u can't say u know every house in Asokoro, don't try me on this I can prove u wrong hands down. If u think u move into Asokoro in 2000, I grow up in Asokoro New capital was my primary schl, community secondary schl was my secondary schl.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by redsun(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
It is difficult to impose a city without understanding the intricacies of city building.Cities are built from the scratch with the people's ever dynamic concepts geared towards innovations to make life better for the city dwellers by keeping it functional.
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2014
playboy19:

kayswag100:
chap, the fact that u know the whole asokoro and have stayed there for 50 yrd doesn't make 1 in 30 houses empty. That's A PURE LIE. DO NOT MISLEAD PPL.

OK, we are now enjoying the topic.

1 Like

Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by kayswag100(m): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
christ4mi:
Shhhhh! Asokoro is still a big place u can't say u know every house in Asokoro, don't try me on this I can prove u wrong hands down. If u think u move into Asokoro in 2000, I grow up in Asokoro New capital was my primary schl, community secondary schl was my secondary schl.

Thank u Sir!

I always wonder y SOME supposed ADULTS WOULD LIE IN ORDER TO WIN AN ARGUMENT! !!

... beats my imagination! !!
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2014
playboy19:

This man is speaking truth, I lived in Queen Elizabeth just next to the villa and most of the masions are empty. The occupants are just guards and families that they fill the gate-house and bq with. There was this accomodation I wanted to get on same street this was back in 2007 a sefl contained and I was told to bring 1.2million for 2yrs with Agency/legal fee making about 2.7million, I just shook my head and left. God will deliver us sad
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
spyder880:

OK, we are now enjoying the topic.

let them ride on, i dey laugh in capital letter
Re: Abuja - A City Of Empty Houses by playboy19(m): 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
kayswag100:

Look, I do not need to go on arguing with you. This is my area and I have no intention of bad-mouthing it, but the fact is the fact. So I'll pardon you cos it's obvious you know nothing about what you speak.

Like I said before, unlike you who was just a passerby here, I have been here for 13 good years of my life. My family houses are still here. My church is here, I still keep an office suite at Asokoro shopping mall and all. So there is no point arguing with an outsider.
christ4mi:

Well I wouldn't want you to call me out on that one, as I flew back into Abuja to see a lot of changes and more empty mansions. A lot of demolition along kpuduma and more construction work going on, so there's no way I'd know the owners of these projects but I was only trying to show him how rooted I am around here and still the fact is the fact. Even worse off, we have more empty mansions than before

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / Fabricate Bathroom shower cubicles, office partitions &stainless steel handrails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.