Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132051 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by xtervaganza(m): 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
What's wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians lately? We have become too sensitive of late. Rape is no joke but harassing a man over a joke is no joke too angry gbogbo yin ya weyrey ni?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by DonaldGenes(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
folahann:

Exactly my point. Foreign comedians say things that are more serious than this. Especially Chris Rock, nobody dey complain. One guy called Russell Peters it's the worst, that guy says a lot of thrash about Africa but people just take it as a joke.

mehn! Talking about Chris Rock and his jokes are way too expenisve..i have the video which he crack for almost 1 hour plus..BasketMouth own no even start sef..you just have to watch the video for yourself...Chris Rock just dey talk about phuck phuck phuck,Diccckk Dicccck Dickk and pussie pussie pussie all through..
No be small tin oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by xtervaganza(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
kmcutez: Globacomm, please do the needful by firing this imbecilic r.etard.

GLOBACOMM FOR NOW ENDORSES R.APE. Being a subscriber to globacomm means you endorse r.ape.

ALL GLOBACOMM SUBSCRIBERS ENDORSE R.APE. Do the needful, port to other networks.

R.APE IS A HEINOUS CRIME.
aye e onida.

You mindless skank. Quick question, who r*ped you? Why not vent your spleen on him and free us? Oponu
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by naijacutee(f): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
toprealman:
It will be very funny when your mum, sister or loved one is raped.

This thread proves that the class of human beings on Nairaland are very different from those on Twitter. Nigerians truly do not want change. The fact that he has been making jokes like this and getting away with it does not mean they are right. Some people are even justifying the joke by saying "foreign comedians also joke about rape". This is beyond ridiculous, and proves that Nigerians deserve what is happening in their country. How can anything change, when people are comfortable with crap? You can't even speak out for what is wrong, because it is more important to "feel among".

In more progressive societies, they SACK public figures who make light of serious issues like rape, racism to at least send the message that such attitudes are not acceptable (even though it doesn't completely eliminate the problems - it sends a message).

See examples:

1. UK : This guy covered his face and rapped about rape in a jocular way - he got sacked http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/aug/20/coronation-street-chris-fountain-sacked

2. Australia: This judge made a joke about rape victims and they called for him to get sacked : http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-22/court-urged-to-sack-judge-who-made-rape-joke/4477222

3. United States: This nightclub tried to make a rape joke while advertising its prices, it lost customers : http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/31/4723653/rape-joke-a-big-fail-for-nightclub.html

It's not about trying to pull people down. It's about sending a message. Come back here and tell us whether or not this is a message that needs to be sent if your mother/daughter/sister gets raped.

3 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by xtervaganza(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
jude33084:

Why not just tell God Almighty to end his LIFE? undecided

[size=20pt] MUMU [/size]
don't mind the old cow

Who will even r#pe her recycled poocee
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
xtervaganza: aye e onida.

You mindless skank. Quick question, who r*ped you? Why not vent your spleen on him and free us? Oponu

Mindless skank ke. Your father and brothers r.aped me and you have the audacity to open you basket mouth and call me a skank. You are a joke, you this r.apist skank.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Why are people calling on Globacom to terminate BM's contract over this? I think it's a lil' unfair! Personally, I find the joke dry, but I believe he shouldn't be punished for this particular joke, especially after he had apologized!

Why take food from another man's mouth? We don't need it jor. Our ogas at the top are looting the treasury, let us divert all the hate towards them and call for their resignation instead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kedikenet(f): 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
we knw he did sumtn bad bt hey the guy is even humble enough to apologise gosh if man were to be God jst a harmless joke see hw pple are takn it and wait let me ask if glo or whicheva brand he's representn jst drp him or said dey wnt wnt him u guys will be happy right for u pples mind it will be a drserved justice right hm God hav mercy on u pple .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by naijacutee(f): 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
candy: Why are people calling on Globacom to terminate BM's contract over this? I think it's a lil' unfair! Personally, I find the joke dry, but I believe he shouldn't be punished for this particular joke, especially after he had apologized!
Why take food from another man's mouth? We don't need it jor. Our ogas at the top are looting the treasury, let us divert all the hate towards them and call for their resignation instead.

kedikenet: we knw he did sumtn bad bt hey the guy is even humble enough to apologise gosh if man were to be God jst a harmless joke see hw pple are takn it and wait let me ask if glo or whicheva brand he's representn jst drp him or said dey wnt wnt him u guys will be happy right for u pples mind it will be a drserved justice right hm God hav mercy on u pple .

It is not a harmless joke, and people do not have a vendetta against him. It is not "bad belle" either. The real reason people are asking for his contract to be terminated is that as a brand ambassador, he is a role model and is being paid for people to promote the brand in a positive light. By making such a crass joke, he is insinuating that he is justifying rape in certain circumstances (we know that this may not be the case as he has a mother and a sister), but as a public figure, this is not the correct message to be sending.

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Isaacpyo04(m): 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
pek: people who take life too seriously are liable to die young.
I like dis guy!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by bankyblue(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
all this people shouting his contract should be cancle, ve someone somewhere raped u? if yes, na basket mouth rape u? if no, then why the noise.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by emmyoha87(m): 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
No matter how sweet a soup is a single fly can mess it up, I agree that everything in that joke could be true, but would you result to rape.
That joke was too expensive & basketmouth should know better!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by amaziingabbey: 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
The Joke is old for crying out loud,why is every1 now making so much fuss abt it,am sure basketmouth meant no harm nd i c no reason y is contracts nd endorsement should b drop, Negative pple everywhere..smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by brightnelly(f): 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
emmyoha87: No matter how sweet a soup is a single fly can mess it up, I agree that everything in that joke could be true, but would you result to rape.
what about his apologies
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by MrCork: 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
...we must congratulate basket mouth...Black women are gold digggars...pirrriod! angry
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by BlueScholar(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Truly I see nothing wrong with the joke,that's reality,infact that's more like a advice to those stupid girls jumping around like say dey no get food for house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by OlamideGirl(f): 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
A joker is saying sumtin nd u ppl wan kill ursef on top am.......and dis same ppl kudnt condemn sen. Yerima....smh....oga basket mouth i guess d lord just wan show u ur haters.....dnt let dem weigh u down,u re beta off....kip d jokes rolling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by sucess001(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
naijacutee:

It is not a harmless joke, and people do not have a vendetta against him. It is not "bad belle" either. The real reason people are asking for his contract to be terminated is that as a brand ambassador, he is a role model and is being paid for people to promote the brand in a positive light. By making such a crass joke, he is insinuating that he is justifying rape in certain circumstances (we know that this may not be the case as he has a mother and a sister), but as a public figure, this is not the correct message to be sending.

Nuffin you can say can change the fact that he is the best comedian in naija!

I personally find the joke funny cos its funny!

Doesnt justify rape. Neither does it justify women in nigeria acting like hungry dogs....

if e pain una...make una go terminate the contract na...and so wat if they terminate it? hez still richer dan most of you will in ur lifetime. nonsense!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Habiola94: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
laplace19: Mtcheewwww. Basketmouth,abeg more of the rape jokes jareh.

As if they don't know what "joke" means. Nonsense!
No mind dem jawe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
candy: Why are people calling on Globacom to terminate BM's contract over this? I think it's a lil' unfair! Personally, I find the joke dry, but I believe he shouldn't be punished for this particular joke, especially after he had apologized!

gbam
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 2:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
Blue Scholar: Truly I see nothing wrong with the joke,that's reality,infact that's more like a advice to those stupid girls jumping around like say dey no get food for house
no mind them jare
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by kobikwelu(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
While the jokes are funny....i am shocked as to the evolving power of social media in Nigeria....

Previously, it was a case of activism to fight injustice and corruption, now it has turned into a place for Political correctness....

well, i understand RAPE is a sensitive issue.....but if comedians are not immune from such attacks, how can they make their living??

i mean, they make their living from finding the funny side of these issues....ITS NOT LIKE HE SUPPORTS IT....
and going after his likely hood....
what next? if someone tweets about the LGBT community..everyone will be in arms again??..

but i trust Basket mouth...he will use this for his next show..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Okijajuju1(m): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
kobikwelu: While the jokes are funny....i am shocked as to the evolving power of social media in Nigeria....

Previously, it was a case of activism to fight injustice and corruption, now it has turned into a place for Political correctness....

well, i understand RAPE is a sensitive issue.....but if comedians are not immune from such attacks, how can they make their living??

i mean, they make their living from finding the funny side of these issues....ITS NOT LIKE HE SUPPORTS IT....
what next? if someone tweets about the LGBT community..everyone will be in arms again??..

Na wah... WOMEN!!!! Why una dey para?! Its a joke jor.. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 2:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
emmyoha87: No matter how sweet a soup is a single fly can mess it up, I agree that everything in that joke could be true, but would you result to rape.
na bad belle dey worry you,comot for here jo
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by baby4u2(f): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
He did the right thing by removing the joke. I know he loves himself and his Glo contract.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
naijacutee:

I'm not even interested in GLO or anyone terminating his contract. I'm just saying there are things a celebrity should not be saying, period. If i have a personal quarrel with the Edo State widow, I could as well tell her, "abeg, go and die" and it wouldn't even matter. Even my friends will applaud me for telling her off. However, when a Governor like Oshiomole opens his mouth to say the same words to the same widow it becomes crude and inappropriate and is quickly a news item which many will condemn.

Still can't understand why some peeps just don't get that.

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
kobikwelu: While the jokes are funny....i am shocked as to the evolving power of social media in Nigeria....

Not every issue has a funny side you know. Can I come out and crack a joke about a baby with a hole in the heart? Can any of our comedians come and crack a joke about the conditions of the little girl, baby Summaya in the MTN advert without it being considered crude? Can we crack a joke about the victims of the Dana air cash? Not the government, not the airline, but the victims who died in that crash. Is there a funny side to their death?

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Eliasog: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2014
By the power conferred on me I hereby suspend this thread anything else?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Herbiodun09: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Nigerians ehn... Its called "joke" nah. No offense jare @basketmouth... Just some idiots touched by ur joke taking it Personal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Herbiodun09: 3:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

Not every issue has a funny side you know. Can I come out and crack a joke about a baby with a hole in the heart? Can any of our comedians come and crack a joke about the conditions of the little girl, baby Summaya in the MTN advert without it being considered crude? Can we crack a joke about the victims of the Dana air cash? Not the government, not the airline, but the victims who died in that crash. Is there a funny side to their death?

But in this regard, i still see no offense in his joke.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by IYANGBALI: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2014
slimfashionline: How come no nairalander condemned basket mouth na wa ohhh.....are we all his fans?
no we are not all his fans,the guy did nothng to warrant the attacks on him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.