Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132049 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 1:34am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: u no even sure which one e be! Weda na vex or no be vex! Na "e be like say" abi? Wen u done sure say weda my own sef na joke, den u fit go tell my sponsors say make dem terminate my contract!

Contract? You say you contract wetin? The jokes on you bro. One line about being gang-b.anged and you snapped out the claws and started insulting other folks father's. R.ape ain't so funny if you're the likely victim right?

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by omotaio: 1:38am On Jan 06, 2014
wetin be una problem naw?? joke na joke awkward or funny. basket mouth do ur thing #dtruthisbitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:38am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

Contract? You say you contract wetin? The jokes on you bro. One line about being gang-b.anged and you snapped out the claws and started insulting other folks father's. R.ape ain't so funny if you're the likely victim right?
one question: are u a victim of R..PE?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by toluene12: 1:41am On Jan 06, 2014
Justine sacco also twitted something similar and I quote: ' I'm going to a country in Africa and I hope I don't get infected with AIDS.......just joking' The tweet was considered insensitive and she was attacked both online and offline.
Despite her sincere apology, she was sacked by her employers- a media company and her appointment with the AIDS agency terminated.
There's a responsibility that comes along being a celebrity.
U just dont transfer beer parlour gist to social media.
That u pour out ur unprocessed and crude thoughts on a faceless forum like nairaland doesn't mean u do the same on sites that reveal identity. There's a reputation to protect.
By the way, there's nothing funny about that crude and insensitive joke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Vinsaint(m): 1:43am On Jan 06, 2014
Yeah, he might have made an offensive joke which he had tendered apologies.
Why r pple advocating for his contract with GLO
to be terminated? Were they the ones that solicited for his contract with GLO to happen. Wat have they done about corruptions that have kept our country backward. Have they eva asked the governors nor chairman, councilors to resign their post? i mean all the bad belle ppl that wanted his contract to be terminated. We can reproach him base on the matter at hand not askin for his hard works to be terminated. No wonder the Holy Book said by there fruit u shall know them. We all shld be careful cos it could happen to any of us nd pple may ask for wats harder dan wat u asked Glo of Basketmouth.

And u Basketmouth if jokes don finish mek u dey do promotion na. Pepper hand no gud to wash eye na so our forefathers tolk. Tinkam bros.
No To Rape!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 06, 2014
toluene12: Justine sacco also twitted something similar and I quote: ' I'm going to a country in Africa and I hope I don't get infected with AIDS' The tweet was considered insensitive and she was attacked both online and offline.
Despite her sincere apology, she was sacked by bbc and her appointment with the AIDS agency terminated.
There's a responsibility that comes along being a celebrity.
U just dont transfer beer parlour gist to social media.
That u pour out ur unprocessed and crude thoughts on a faceless forum like nairaland doesn't mean u do the same on sites that reveal identity. There's a reputation to protect.
By the way, there's nothing funny about that crude and insensitive joke.
yes, ur opinion! U chose heaven, I chose hell. To u not funny, to some others funny! Capish?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 1:45am On Jan 06, 2014
Onye_Ibo:
Oga, nobody is raping anybody. Its just a harmless joke. No develop high BP on top anoda person matter. Mchew

Bro, I'll assume from your user name that you are a proud and dignified Igbo brother. If BasketMouth's joke had been 'Igbo man and Yoruba girl on 8th date, no show. Igbo man no waste time. He just grab the girl r.ape am. in fact that na why Fashola deport them, dem too dey r.ape" Would you laugh and say it's just a joke?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by deols(f): 1:50am On Jan 06, 2014
Some unreasonable people quoted me. I don't have time to reply them.

Globacom has a stance to take on this issue.

The right one will send a strong message to many of the i.diots who think raping others is a thing of a 'status'.

Many people have been victims of rape unfortunately. Someone losing an ambassadorial posituon is only a little price to pay. It definitely will send a strong message across.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 1:50am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: one question: are u a victim of R..PE?

I'll answer you on a more serious note. Thankfully, no! However, because of my line of work I have met victims, and some are just children. It can destroy a woman and scar her for life. It can send her to an early grave if not properly managed. Bro, pray it never happens to anyone you know or care about, cos you won't think it's funny.

That's my final word to you..., on a serious note.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

Bro, I'll assume from your user name that you are a proud and dignified Igbo brother. If BasketMouth's joke had been 'Igbo man and Yoruba girl on 8th date, no show. Igbo man no waste time. He just grab the girl r.ape am. in fact that na why Fashola deport them, dem too dey r.ape" Would you laugh and say it's just a joke?
lolz! Very funny joke! U shldnt be alive for cracking this funny kind of joke! My grand parents once told me a very funny joke that tribalist like u wwuld end up been raped buy randy camels! He said it and it was so funny that my local dog had to go and rape the nxt door yoruba girl who happened to be the sister of one faceless dabossman on nairaland. Lolz! Lolz!! Lolz!!! Funny joke
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

I'll answer you on a more serious note. Thankfully, no! However, because of my line of work I have met victims, and some are just children. It can destroy a woman and scar her for life. It can send her to an early grave if not properly managed. Bro, pray it never happens to anyone you know or care about, cos you won't think it's funny.

That's my final word to you..., on a serious note.
eyaah!! Sorry ehn! True story! But basketmouth own na joke! #endstorythere. Why OBJ no vex wen dem call am monkey wey give moneky banana for zoo? Abegi!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:55am On Jan 06, 2014
deejay_harry1: this is why i am not and will never be addicted to twitter... so much joblessness there..
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 06, 2014
deols: Some unreasonable people quoted me. I don't have time to reply them.

The right one will send a strong message to many of the i.diots who think raping others is a thing of a 'status'.

Many people have been victims of rape unfortunately. Someone losing an ambassadorial posituon is only a little price to pay. It definitely will send a strong message across.
don't worry, if u hv a job, u will lose it just because u made one silly mistake and u later appologise! Na so life be! U hear? Mstcheeeeew
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 1:59am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: lolz! Very funny joke! U shldnt be alive for cracking this funny kind of joke! My grand parents once told me a very funny joke that tribalist like u wwuld end up been raped buy randy camels! He said it and it was so funny that my local dog had to go and rape the nxt door yoruba girl who happened to be the sister of one faceless dabossman on nairaland. Lolz! Lolz!! Lolz!!! Funny joke

There you go again. I've just painted an example of what could be considered an expensive and tasteless joke and you took offence as is evident by you calling me a "tribalist" when you don't even know if I'm Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. That is the exact effect Basket Mouth's tasteless joke had on people who don't think rape is a laughing matter.

Not every joke is funny after all. Even comedians need to be socially and politically correct. i bet if a Caucasian called you "black monkey" as a joke you wouldn't be laughing at the punchline either. Oya, call me racist. I just might be white.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 2:04am On Jan 06, 2014
dabossman:

There you go again. I've just painted an example of what could be considered an expensive and tasteless joke and you took offence as is evident by you calling me a "tribalist" when you don't even know if I'm Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. That is the exact effect Basket Mouth's tasteless joke had on people who don't think rape is a laughing matter.

Not every joke is funny after all. Even comedians need to be socially and politically correct. i bet if a Caucasian called you "black monkey" as a joke you wouldn't be laughing at the punchline either. Oya, call me racist. I just might be white.
and u think I will gladly set my feet into ur trap? Dude! Read again! It says "my grandparents joke! This is where ur problem is! Take jokes as jokes and don calve a monster out of it! All I said was a joke! I hope now u knw where ur problem comes from?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Ayatullah(m): 2:33am On Jan 06, 2014
It baffles me that some Nigerians pay to watch this Guy. I cannot imagine paying a kobo to look at his disgusting Hair Style. I pity that woman that sleep on the same bed with him. It just shows that some Nigerians will readily embrace the Anti-Christ (Dajjal).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ojeffo: 2:46am On Jan 06, 2014
Daresh: I'm so ashamed of most of you here. Someone equated rape to stealing. Do u know almost every woman's nightmare is the fear of rape? i WOULD CHOSE DEATH OVER RAPE. Please no amount of chop and clean mouth can ever justify rape. Rape is not a JOKE. I dont care about his endorsements. Be it far from me to deny a man his bread. But he should find other things to crack jokes about.
Throw d examples...killing of twins? Obasanjo's handsome face?.9/11?..hungry destitutes living under d bridges? Armed Robbery? Suicide? ..just give us the example of a joke subject?..the truth is,..jokes dt are made out of ugly situations are the funniest!!!..people shld go n rest bikozienu!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by niggi4life(m): 2:55am On Jan 06, 2014
Yuzedo's prophecies are already coming to pass, "haters gonna hate and potatoes must surely potate" lol
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by delors(m): 3:03am On Jan 06, 2014
Cos you are a comedian doesn't give you the license to joke about sensitive stuffs. Basket mouth should know better. BTW the guy is actually stingy. I haven't seen him do any charity stuff. This is about the best time to create an anti-rape organization to show how serious he is about his apology. Its time to give back bro...You rake in millions jokingly evryday yet you do nothing for charity. Nemesis don dey catch up.
You should have learnt for the sacco journalist who got sacked 3 weeks ago for tweeting about AIDS in Africa...social media (twitter especially) can ruin a life-long career; learn oga, learn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by onegig(m): 3:44am On Jan 06, 2014
deols: Some unreasonable people quoted me. I don't have time to reply them.

Most people commenting it is a joke dont really understand the gravity of what they are sayin. His apology was not enough and sounded rude, condescending and ignorant.

I read an article two days back and the writer said as much as 1 in 5 ladies in south Africa would be rap.e.d in their life time. And Here we are having a public figure trying to justify ra.pe through his so called dry jokes.

I dont know if a girl put a gun to your head to spend for her that you have to force your way just because you bought some peanuts for her.

Its even worse that when victims report cases the police laugh and the men in the society blames the girl that she asked for it. You could imagine the kind of perverted world we live in in Africa just by looking at the horryfying number of supporters we have in here. A joke always has a limit.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by deols(f): 3:57am On Jan 06, 2014
onegig: Most people commenting it is a joke dont really understand the gravity of what they are sayin. His apology was not enough and sounded rude, condescending and ignorant.

I read an article two days back and the writer said as much as 1 in 5 ladies in south Africa would be rap.e.d in their life time. And Here we are having a public figure trying to justify ra.pe through his so called dry jokes.

I dont know if a girl put a gun to your head to spend for her that you have to force your way just because you bought some peanuts for her.

Its even worse that when victims report cases the police laugh and the men in the society blames the girl that she asked for it. You could imagine the kind of perverted world we live in in Africa just by looking at the horryfying number of supporters we have in here. A joke always has a limit.

Unfortunately, intelligence screen is not done for membership on here.

Basketmouth himself must have been involved in the past, endorsed it or may at present see nothing wrong with rape.

The word, ambassador means that he represents the brand, globacom and him endorsing rape says globacom endorses it.

This matter should never be allowed to go down without globacom making a statement or the silly joker making a heartfelt apology.

*I will continue to ignore the illiterates quoting me*
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by SANdos: 4:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Basketmouth na my guy, e say na those girls when chop guys money, go shopping, demand expensive gifts and dem no want make dem chop kpomo e dey talk o. no be rape victims at alllllll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by 4q: 6:16am On Jan 06, 2014
The GLO contract is a small fry in comparison to the brand "basketmouth", i just hope the brand "basketmouth" is not negatively affected in the long run. Social Media has such power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2014
i am actually the person dat invented dat joke so insult me instead of basket mouth if a junior comedian like me makes this joke i will have been popular ...
the girls calling for basket mouth head are actually ashawos that basket mouth is spoiling their bizness and guys that want to please their online girlfriend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 6:58am On Jan 06, 2014
aux409: and u think I will gladly set my feet into ur trap? Dude! Read again! It says "my grandparents joke! This is where ur problem is! Take jokes as jokes and don calve a monster out of it! All I said was a joke! I hope now u knw where ur problem comes from?

Hahaha, you fell into it headlong several posts ago. Your grandparents joke indeed. You seriously think that would give you a soft landing, right? So, it was your grandparents that came to the conclusion that I'm Yoruba, right? Keep telling yourself that and you just might believe it.

BasketMouth has apologised for his gaffe, you can remain here defending what cannot be reasonably defended. I'm through with you.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by goldplated(m): 7:00am On Jan 06, 2014
ITS ONLY THE MOST SINFUL MINDED OF ALL PEOPLE WILL CALL THIS A JOKE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by mentorseries(m): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2014
some ppl lack sense of humour.
basketmoith is a comedian who jokes wit ills in the society, i dnt c dis one as an exception. a comedian is a comedian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 7:05am On Jan 06, 2014
E3 audience offended by "rape joke" at Microsoft Xbox One event[size=12pt][/size]

Microsoft had a splashy showing of next-generation Xbox One hardware and games at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) on Monday that included Bill Gates, Steven Spielberg and ...a rape joke?

During a demonstration of "Killer Instinct" a male producer of the game was matched up against a woman, who appeared to be bad at playing video games. The Atlantic Wire described that the woman is "playing a video game like a girl" -- suggesting that the scenario was set up to perpetuate a stereotype that women are not serious gamers.

"I can't even block correctly, and you're too fast," she says.

"Here we go. Just let it happen. It'll be over soon," he says.

The audience laughs at the remark that many have been interpreted as a rape joke. The banter continues between the two, further adding fuel to the allegations that the joke mimicked a sexual assault scenario.

"You have a fight stick," she says.

"Wow, you like those," he says.

"No, I don't like this," she says.

On Twitter, the audience reacted right away.

"Wow. This is really gross. Male overpowering a female in a game, so of course, rape joke. Good one, Msoft," @Vahn16 tweeted.

"Oh my god. One of the people just made a rape joke onstage and the audience actually liked it. That's sick," @IatosHaunted tweeted.

"Even if it was unintentional, Microsoft should've realized they shouldn't make a rape joke in an environment already toxic with misogyny," @stillgray tweeted.

"Let's bring a woman on stage and joke about how she's bad at games, and say stuff like 'relax, just let it happen, it'll be over soon'??" @Jonathan_Blow tweeted.

"Killer Instinct" is produced by Rare Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Microsoft Studios. Some alleged that the demo was scripted, but those claims were shot down by Microsoft.

A spokesperson for the company released this statement to CBSNews.com: "The comments in question during the 'Killer Instinct' demo were not scripted. The demo was meant to include friendly gameplay banter, and there was no ill intent."

Microsoft later apologized for the behavior of its employee and issued this statement from Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer:

"Yesterday, during the Xbox E3 briefing, one of our employees made an off the cuff and inappropriate comment while demoing 'Killer Instinct' with another employee. This comment was offensive and we apologize. At Microsoft, being open and respectful with others is central to our code of conduct and our values. Bullying and harassment of any kind is not condoned and is taken very seriously. We remain committed to make gaming fun for everyone, and in that effort, we must lead by example."

The games industry has grappled with sexism for years, even as the gender gap closes. According to the Entertainment Software Association, about 47 percent of gamers are women.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/e3-audience-offended-by-rape-joke-at-microsoft-xbox-one-event/

And this was just sexually suggestive innuendos that suggested rape o!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nairaboi(m): 7:09am On Jan 06, 2014
what da f did he apologise for? he would have simply told them to "go and die". why didn't the haters get angry and ask him a girl that is not into you should want to go on a date with you. dia fada( offence intended)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 06, 2014
Fact is anyone that has experienced rape won't find this funny. Its traumatic and doesn't go away for a lifetime. Basketmouth jokes with such things a lot. Even his shows r too immoral for kids or decent people to attend. And its alws about women. Bottom line is if u had been raped....and maybe it happened exactly or almost like basketmouth puts it....then this isn't funny. Make him change. There r better jokes that won't cause him troubles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Snoggy(m): 7:14am On Jan 06, 2014
Damn! I now know how WICKED some Nigerians are. Chai!

Most of y'all didn't get get the gist in the joke. ]No wahala ...Basketmouth apologised. He said he'd never joke with something like that again. Yet some witches aren't satisfied, they want his contract terminated. Kai!
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.