Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter (132045 Views)

What Basketmouth Just Found In An Airplane / #jadapose - 16-year-old's molest Video Goes Viral On The Internet / No Joke! Basketmouth Under Fire Over molest Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Sennard(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
If i were basket mouth i'd go meet terry G.and start a remix of all the bad belle people for my life JUMP AM PASS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ignis: 10:07am On Jan 06, 2014
There is nothing wrong with basket mouth's joke.. .
How ln earth is that a molest?
I can see haters and beefers in action.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by showby: 10:09am On Jan 06, 2014
Mouthy one
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ogmask: 10:15am On Jan 06, 2014
I knw what happened here. BM ddnt end the joke well.
 It shuld have ended like this

....7th date: cinema, new phone, more shopping
8th date: attepted sex but failed
9th date: oh its her bday. More shopping
10th date: she is on her friends bridal train
11th date: bear hug
12th date: she needs to renew her rent
13th date: her fathers sister's youger brother's half sister is in d hospital. She needs some cash
14th date: an intimate kiss
15th date: the guy don run.

Haters shebi na so the joke supose end.
Who is molesting who here?

2 Likes

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ademo1: 10:17am On Jan 06, 2014
This joke is harmless pls, I av seen more dan this from other comedians. Y are u ppl so wicked like this? Is it to terminate his contract that is the solution? What he said is not far from the truth. To all those shameless and bastards, evil minded, haters of basketmouth and enemy of progress, God will give u ur own punishment in any slight mistakes u make in life. God will disappoint u on this matter 'cos it is another stepping stone for him. As if is more than what we are seeing, even after d apology.. nonsense, jobless and yeye people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2014
Naija witches and wizards at work.
Even after the apology. They should go and die.

Silly home sapiens.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by dabossman(m): 10:34am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

It was a joke in bad taste, Justine Sacco also made a joke , everyone was up in arms about it, I'm sure even you, if you were aware, Senator Cruise also made a comment about Nigerian Yahoo boys and Obama, why didn't we laugh at that? What about the Oga at the Top saga? None of these comments are anywhere as bad as Molestation , which is a crime in and of itself.
Basketmouth is a public figure with a Corporate endorsement, he should as of necessity be careful what he jokes with. He owes his corporate sponsors the duty of care and unfortunately, in my mind, maybe he has apologized, but if the sponsors do nothing, it is tantamount to condoning what he said and it makes them look bad too. Also it will be a lesson to others to be careful how they utter comments in public, an ambassador should be discreet and responsible! Nigeria has to veer away from sentimentality and uphold, acceptable values.

Eh, dear don't waste your energy on aux409. He'll never get it in a million years.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by sucess001(m): 10:38am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Ask Glo, or if they have no reasonable answer, ask Google, they will definitely tell you!

with due respect maam....

you rude and stupi.d.

there's nuffin distasteful about the joke.

i am equally dissapointed with basketmouth...for him apologising about the joke.

if you or other star wannabes wanna use this as an avenue to get some popularity, why not quit ur regular job and go join an NGO?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by slimfashionline(m): 10:40am On Jan 06, 2014
How come no nairalander condemned basket mouth na wa ohhh.....are we all his fans?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by toluene12: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2014
neyobillz:

Justine Sacco said,"Going to Africa,hope i dont get AIDS,just kidding.Im White." this is exactly what she said,not that thing u posted above, and she work as a top PR person for InterActiveCorp, the New York media conglomerate run by Barry Diller,InterActiveCorp owns the Daily Beast, Vimeo, About.com, Match.com and Ask.com, among many other so she isnt a comedian,BTW this is more of a racist statement than a joke,anyone who sees this as a joke has a warped sense of humor.

What BM wrote was RAYPE and not the GIRL WAS,IS OR BEEN RAYPED,as u can see,its just an exclamation of the word RAYPE,it doesnt mean it actually happened,people actually have to understand the English language perfectly before jumping into baseless conclusions.

hmm, so justine sacco actually came to africa and caught AIDS ? why the unneccesary attack then?
BM represents global brands like glo, gtb etc.these coporate organisations didn't endorse him because he's a comedian rather because he's a celebrity.
he's first a celebrity before a comedian and in that capacity he has a reputation to protect and not ranting all over social sites embarrassing himself.

same way senator ted cruz crude joke about nigerians was termed offensive.
"have you guyz noticed nigerian e mail scammers are less active lately? they've been hired to run the obamacare website".
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by akraym(m): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2014
That joke is a copy and paste joke. It wasn't BM write up. But why can't he just admit it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2014
Hey guys, we must not allow bed belle dudes sang a war song to Basket mouth.
We all must stand and fight for him, SAY NO TO "NO DEAL TERMINATION."

Happening here >> https://www.nairaland.com/1582429/glo-subscribers-warning-globacom-basket
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by folahann(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2014
mrsincredible: This joke is old sef it has bin in circulation for long. Why do dey want glo to end his contract cos of this? His joke is small sef if u guys hear what chris rock said about africa na hypertension una go get. But if he insults a president of dis control u all will laugh

Exactly my point. Foreign comedians say things that are more serious than this. Especially Chris Rock, nobody dey complain. One guy called Russell Peters it's the worst, that guy says a lot of thrash about Africa but people just take it as a joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 06, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by mustaphagreens(m): 10:56am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Glo needs to terminate his contract, because like Justine Sacco , who represented IAC and made a tasteless joke about going to South Africa and contacting AID's, he is an ambassador for a brand and since he does not take his role as an ambassador seriously , glo needs to dissacociate themselves from his small minded distasteful jokes as soon as possible! If you don't know who Justine Sacco is , please ask Google!
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by mustaphagreens(m): 10:58am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Glo needs to terminate his contract, because like Justine Sacco , who represented IAC and made a tasteless joke about going to South Africa and contacting AID's, he is an ambassador for a brand and since he does not take his role as an ambassador seriously , glo needs to dissacociate themselves from his small minded distasteful jokes as soon as possible! If you don't know who Justine Sacco is , please ask Google!
just like yuzedo rightly prophesied, ''haters gon hate, and potatoes gon potate this year'' smh... What a great prophet.

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by ogmask: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2014
I think y'all taking this too far.

Fews days befor Osama Bin Ladin was killed the president of the US, Barak Obama, attended a charity show. While he was there a comedian joked about Bin Laden and the American state. Aside the fact that the president and his service chiefs were already in top secret meetings on how to lunch an attack on thier target such a jome in the presence of the president wuld hav been seen as a joke in bad taste. But the president took it in and laughed over it.
How ekse wuld u explain such a joke abt their number enemy in the presence of the president.
It was just a joke and the american public understood it that way.

In Basket mouths own case, there is no way anybody can point to him encouraging molestation. This is even more of an advise to women who are in d habit of milking men. For me, women who are into mens pocket for their every need shuld knw better.

The other day a friend complained bitterly about a girl he just met. He said almost immediately they got talking she told him she needed a new heavy duty gen set for her salon. He was confused. He called me and i advised him to run for his dear life.

If u think ripping a man off his mo ey is ok that means u have not been a victum of 419.

Funny enough these days sex is almost an instant bagain when pple meet. This joke obviously is skewed in that direction. As in sex at some point. If u must have waht i want then u must be ready to part with what u have.
Thats he way i see it. Its not for innocent harmless women.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Terminate the contract and choose you

It's better you stop using the internet because you have to admit any sh1t you see.

NO CONTRACT TERMINATION
https://www.nairaland.com/1582429/glo-subscribers-warning-globacom-basket
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 06, 2014
Globacomm, please do the needful by firing this imbecilic r.etard.

GLOBACOMM FOR NOW ENDORSES R.APE. Being a subscriber to globacomm means you endorse r.ape.

ALL GLOBACOMM SUBSCRIBERS ENDORSE R.APE. Do the needful, port to other networks.

R.APE IS A HEINOUS CRIME.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 11:13am On Jan 06, 2014
kmcutez: Globacomm, please do the needful by firing this imbecilic r.etard.

GLOBACOMM FOR NOW ENDORSES R.APE. Being a subscriber to globacomm means you endorse r.ape.

ALL GLOBACOMM SUBSCRIBERS ENDORSE R.APE. Do the needful, port to other networks.

R.APE IS A HEINOUS CRIME.

I mean no harm, have you been molested before

YES or NO
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 11:15am On Jan 06, 2014
E be like say na this Glo subscribers that load 100 Naira a month is ranting here for contract termination.

https://www.nairaland.com/1582429/glo-subscribers-warning-globacom-basket

Hey! Don't criticize me, criticize my mouth.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by folahann(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2014
So what are these people going to achieve if the contract is eventually terminated?
The views on twitter page are solely his.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2014
I see nothing wrong with this joke,just that Africans are so dumb,full of hatred over another man success,and sentimental.i see it as a shock for some gold diggers going after his job,dis is nt a harmful joke,rather its a preventry measure on how to reduce rape,dis is not just a joke but fact,our gals are gold diggers and the real cause of rape,wat do u xpect from a guy hu spends all dis on u and u don't want 2 give in.....nonsense haters
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Youngzedd(m): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2014
folahann: So what are these people going to achieve if the contract is eventually terminated?
The views on twitter page are solely his.

Na that same thing I dey reason.

Too many witches and wizards in Africa.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by RuuDie(m): 11:36am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

That part of the joke is even ridiculous, can a woman extort money or anything from a man he is not willing to give? What was his intention in giving in the first place? Did he make it known to her that the giving was in return for intimacy at some future date? Dating does not necessarily have to lead to intimacy, or even a relationship for that matter. That is just what the warped mind of Nigerian men tell them, that because they have spent money on a lady, they are entitled to intimacy and if she does not give in, then it's their privilege to take it by force! What arant nonsense!
Women , teach your sons to respect the right of a woman to say NO! If you want to pay for intimacy please visit a commercial intimacy worker ( even they have rules )! Anything apart from that would be considered a violation of a woman's rights, the body does NOT belong to you, because you spent some money!

Brilliant. Now are you're really beginning to put things into perspective properly... those questions you raise sum it up nicely.

A full grown, sexually active guy spends money, time, attention on full grown, sexually active lady; does things for her that even her father cannot or won't do and you think he doesn't or wouldn't want or expect something in return at some point or another!? Even Jesus Christ gave and asked something in return!!

If you didn't know this before, know now... when a guy starts giving you little favors, perks and gifts - unsolicited or otherwise - he has "intentions". The instant she accepts, she places herself in a potentially untenable position - agreed, it doesn't ultimately translate to the guy having a right to her body or anything else that she owns for that matter - but, in a sense, she is obligated! It is not mere warped "Nigerian men mentality" - it is unspoken, unwritten law - anywhere in the world!

You would also do well to echo that your advice to women and their daughters... acceptance of some kain gifts eh, may be translated as tacit acceptance of whatever proposal follows.

While I am not endorsing or justifying ra.pe... I think that joke has been totally taken out of context - like someone pointed out, a million different people can understand one thing in two million different ways!
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by mindyourword: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2014
God will provide a good job for all of us this year, so will not have time to discuss things which are not consequential. Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by jude33084(m): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2014
Vivly: For Pete's sake, who are those saying his contract with glo should be terminated after he had apologized? It's wa o.

Those are the losers from Loosserveile,...... grin
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by jude33084(m): 11:54am On Jan 06, 2014
Forza p:

ode undecided

Get a life bro wink
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2014
IYA NGBALI: pay?pay for wh at?I laff?it seems you have forgotten that this is Naija,a jungle where anything goes,nothing is going to happen,instead he would still be smiling to the bank
abeg, help me ask am oooo! wen oduah matter is still pending, na basketmouth matter una wan settle now abi?
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by jude33084(m): 11:58am On Jan 06, 2014
MsSantaClaus:

Why not just tell God Almighty to end his LIFE? undecided

[size=20pt] MUMU [/size]

1 Like

Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by toprealman: 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
homesteady: What is wrong with the joke? Its very funny grin grin
It will be very funny when your mum, sister or loved one is raped.
Re: Basketmouth Under Fire For Molest Joke On Twitter by toprealman: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
denky.w:
I see nothing wrong with this joke,just that Africans are so dumb,full of hatred over another man success,and sentimental.i see it as a shock for some gold diggers going after his job,dis is nt a harmful joke,rather its a preventry measure on how to reduce rape,dis is not just a joke but fact,our gals are gold diggers and the real cause of rape,wat do u xpect from a guy hu spends all dis on u and u don't want 2 give in.....nonsense haters
Nobody supports rapee bro. In UK, Tommy Duckwood character played by Chris Fountain was axed from the soap because of his rap promoting rapee. Google it! Many top UK celebrities back in the days had to fall from grace because of some unguarded comment they made....most of them used to be top comedians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Are The Top Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses? / Maryam Booth Reacts To Her Leaked Nude Video, Accuses Deezell, Her Ex Boyfriend / Joke Silva Pictured With Olu Jacobs & Their Son At Her Mum's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.