Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,017 members, 7,953,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (315425 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 19, 2016
jaybee3:

I swearigad my mischievous self was going to type "That's what she is bringing to the table" before i read your last quote

Phew

You know I will set my cat puddles on you

I will soon send you to the other room
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 19, 2016
naijababe:

Chop knuckle o jare mummy in Israel grin and thanks, time to put my thinking cap on.

Wait until next year abeg
Last night I was telling daddy WA that I don't want a party next year but want to go to Jerusalem smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:11am On Oct 19, 2016
tearoses:
Maybe this is the wrong place and the wrong topic but just want to encourage someone
Atall!

Side hustle (with potential to morph into Billion $ bidness grin) is one of our recurring themes here.
When my wife took up baking, I was like "this is not what we discussed". And finding those fiddly little decorative things in the aisles at Sainsburys was a right pain angry. And we always seemed to be blessing people with cakes at social functions. But she enjoyed it, so I held my peace.

Lo and behold, orders have started rolling in. Not sure where she'd like to go with it, but I shall show her your post and tell her to put India on our bucket list grin.

Working on my own testimony wink

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by jaybee3(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2016
tearoses:

You know I will set my cat puddles on you

I kuku know where to find you so bring it

Seun still can't get the cat out of his mind. He asked after you at the weekend using the cat as his narrative
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2016
jaybee3:

I kuku know where to find you so bring it

Seun still can't get the cat out of his mind. He asked after you at the weekend using the cat as his narrative

Lol
That's the thing about cats
You either hate them or like them

Please tell Seun to come back to visit
We will put puddles in "the other room" away from him
I promise smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2016
TV01:

Atall!

Side hustle (with potential to morph into Billion $ bidness grin) is one of our recurring themes here.
When my wife took up baking, I was like "this is not what we discussed". And finding those fiddly little decorative things in the aisles at Sainsburys was a right pain angry. And we always seemed to be blessing people with cakes at social functions. But she enjoyed it, so I held my peace.

Lo and behold, orders have started rolling in. Not sure where she'd like to go with it, but I shall show her your post and tell her to put India on our bucket list grin.

Working on my own testimony wink

TV

A fellow baker in Mrs TV ……..Yayyyyy
Coach TV God bless you O!
Thank you for supporting Mrs TV
It’s not easy being the housemate of a baker
Icing sugar goes everywhere & I mean everywhere.

Like your wife, I started donating free cakes to start with but the orders started to come in.
2 weeks ago son asked me to bake him a cake for his gf’s birthday so I asked him to give me £30 for it…gave him a big big discount o!
He said “mom you want you charge your own DIL for cake”
I said no I’m charging you! tongue
He said that’s even worse.
I collected my full amount from his dad sha o.
I didn’t come to count bridges in London grin grin

Testimony Loading o coach TV
At the very least, you can teach all those money miss road politicians big Grammar wink

8 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
tearoses:

Wait until next year abeg
Last night I was telling daddy WA that I don't want a party next year but want to go to Jerusalem smiley

We are just wetting the ground for the trip ni wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
nitrogen:

Haaaa Boss, you wanta kill me nii, the ones I have are okay for now.

You are right about the fact that level 1 alone is crazy.

We hope for the best. smiley

Bros wey wan flex, abeg flex easy oo

If you don't mind doing your own thing, have you thought of running a family office?

It's very underdeveloped in Naija yet the market is huge

Two types of market - 1) people who made their money legitimately and want it to transcend generations 2)moneybags who wanna convert their loot to legitimate businesses and want as much detachment from these businesses as possible

PWC and a few others are trying to bridge this gap.

This is my view of things from personal experience. You might just wanna check it out.

Good luck boss

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by damiso(f): 9:08am On Oct 20, 2016
tearoses:

A fellow baker in Mrs TV ……..Yayyyyy
Coach TV God bless you O!
Thank you for supporting Mrs TV
It’s not easy being the housemate of a baker
Icing sugar goes everywhere & I mean everywhere.

Like your wife, I started donating free cakes to start with but the orders started to come in.
2 weeks ago son asked me to bake him a cake for his gf’s birthday so I asked him to give me £30 for it…gave him a big big discount o!
He said “mom you want you charge your own DIL for cake”
I said no I’m charging you! tongue
He said that’s even worse.
I collected my full amount from his dad sha o.
I didn’t come to count bridges in London grin grin

Testimony Loading o coach TV
At the very least, you can teach all those money miss road politicians big Grammar wink

LOL you are just too funny cheesy cheesy cheesy bet is true na how can you charge your DIL for cake naa mummy in Israel cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are right though about various ways to cash in on the Nigerian Owambe cheesy Industry. My people love to spend on party sha. I have a 50th birthday on Saturday and the decorators had to be booked early 2015 shocked shocked
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2016
...all quiet on the western front grin.

The US elections – why Alpha matters.

There were of course many factors that influenced the outcome of the recent elections. Not least because of the varied demographics and special interest groups at play. Like everyone, I have my own opinions as to what led to he outcome

Here, I’d like to look at what I think was a factor that worked well for DT. A factor that was a hallmark of his campaign, rippled through the demographics, worked for him in his constituencies, and against his opponents in theirs.

Alpha! We often talk of alpha on this board and this thread, even if only indirectly. However, we’ve never really defined it or attempted to measure or qualify it.

Often, it’s probably considered as a “you are or you aren’t proposition. To me that works sometimes, but I find it more helpful to think of it in terms of behaviours. One can be Alpha in some ways or situations and perhaps not as much so in others. And one can work on traits to be more so where required, and most of all deploy correctly and appropriately.

We’ll see where this leads – and hopefully it will be about men and alpha generally, DT and the US election no more than a backdrop – but I’ll kick off with 1 aspect, “alpha in speech and presentation”.

If anything, DT demonstrated this right from the off. In the republican party primaries, he outmanoeuvred his opponents by being unstintingly outspoken. Eschewing political correctness, which just made the others look like betas. Speak your mind and express yourself confidently and clearly. Pandering in pc speech codes is not becoming or attractive in men.

DT was not scared to take their best shots and fire back, often taking the offensive. Being more direct and using more forceful language . Be proactive and go for the jugular in war. Strike first and take no prisoners.

Eliminate the competition quickly and effectively. Seriously or mortally wounding them (DT did this in part by caricaturing) is also effective. Here again, the other candidates were hampered by trying to work with speech codes and appear PC – feminised men.

He remained largely unapologetic (key for me), even where he was in error. Rather, and if he did 'fess up, he would put his hands up and talk about he had improved, changed or could have done better. Speak on your own terms, accept wrong, but don’t kow-tow to others, especially opponents. If you do so, they’ll see it as a sign of weakness. Mea culpa doesn’t have to hurt you, and can be presented in a positive manner.

And it’s worth noting that I don’t think DT can be considered oratorically gifted or a wordsmith by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I feel he is often limited vocabulary-wise, or struggles for the right words.

But alpha helped him here. It was plain, unapologetic, big ticket speaking – “I’m strong, and I’ll make America great again”, with the sub-text “forget my puny and crooked opponents”. TBH I’m not even sure if he can, wants too, or cares about delivering.

I’d like us to touch on some other issues I felt pertinent, but too kick off, “being alpha in speech and presenting”, what does it mean, how can you use it effectively in different aspects?

TV

Note I endorsed neither candidate, neither am I bi-partisan or even political in a sense.

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by 5minsmadness: 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2016
Meanwhile!

This goes to show that majority of americans are ANTIFEMINIST, RACIST AND HYPOCRITES! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Madeu(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
1. "I was studying abroad in London and had been dating this amazing guy [back home] for about two years. The first day there, I noticed so many good-looking guys, and no one can deny accents are the sexiest thing ever. One night, my boyfriend and I Skyped, and we got into a huge fight about how I was having more fun abroad than focusing on him ... I reassured him that it was just hard keeping up with school due to the time difference. He just didn't get it and he made me feel terrible for enjoying myself. I hung up with him, grabbed a bottle of wine, got ready, and went out with some friends. I met this amazing guy. He was from London, blue hair, crystal blue eyes, amazing body! I felt like I was in heaven. By this point, I was very drunk and I went back to his flat. Let's just say I have never felt that way in my life! The next morning, I felt so guilty. I Skyped my best friend told her everything, and she informed me that she heard my boyfriend had been cheating on me the whole time since I had been there! I confronted him and it was true. I was so mad that he made me feel bad for everything when he was cheating on me since the night I left. I messaged the British guy I had hooked up with and we reconnected that day. Today, it's been six years and we're married. He moved to the U.S. and we're expecting our first child. Crazy how things work out!" —Ciara, 27

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Madeu(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
"I was in Italy this past summer for study abroad. I left my boyfriend of six months at home and had no intentions of cheating. I met this guy, who happened to have the same name as my USA boyfriend, and we really hit it off. He drove a wicked BMW, and I ended up at his place one night. And then again. And again. My boyfriend never found out, and I plan to keep it that way. My roommate during study abroad..............read more http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a8372946/people-share-cheating-while-abroad-stories/?src=socialflowFB
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Timbuktuo: 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
TV01, I don't know how I missed your last comment here.

Per the elections, I was ecstatic at the result for its implications and also the lessons I garnered along the fantastic ride.

DJT is a breath of fresh air in a world of supplicating, mangina simps. Look at the message of world leaders following the death of Castro, for instance. If anything, the whole cycle just reinforced in me the need to stick to one's convictions and tune out the noise of detractors and naysayers.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
Timbuktuo:
TV01, I don't know how I missed your last comment here.

Per the elections, I was ecstatic at the result for its implications and also the lessons I garnered along the fantastic ride.

DJT is a breath of fresh air in a world of supplicating, mangina simps. Look at the message of world leaders following the death of Castro, for instance. If anything, the whole cycle just reinforced in me the need to stick to one's convictions and tune out the noise of detractors and naysayers.
Holá T, No worries, bad timing. I knew no one was around, but felt I'd drop it anyway, knowing we could always re-visit.

Not a fan of either personally, and I think it was one big kick against PC gone wild. I think "presentation" was a winner for him. Stridently male, unrepentantly chauvinist and even a little tribal grin. Presented more as a leader and agent of popular change.

Rather pathetic HRC trying to get elected just because she is female - and the hopes of women everywhere dashed because she didn't win. Yeah, just like saying feminism emancipated women grin.

I was more interested in some of the Alpha traits he demonstrated - straight from the primaries where he made the other males look like "supplicating, mangina simps" grin, and the lessons men could take away for their everyday lives.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Timbuktuo: 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2016
TV01:
Holá T, No worries, bad timing. I knew no one was around, but felt I'd drop it anyway, knowing we could always re-visit.

Not a fan of either personally, and I think it was one big kick against PC gone wild. I think "presentation" was a winner for him. Stridently male, unrepentantly chauvinist and even a little tribal grin. Presented more as a leader and agent of popular change.

Rather pathetic HRC trying to get elected just because she is female - and the hopes of women everywhere dashed because she didn't win. Yeah, just like saying feminism emancipated women grin.

I was more interested in some of the Alpha traits he demonstrated - straight from the primaries where he made the other males look like "supplicating, mangina simps" grin, and the lessons men could take away for their everyday lives.

TV

Wasn't a fan of DJT's before now, but in the last year following him closely has warmed me up to him. Hillary, on the other hand, became repulsive to me. At the end of the day, it's about how they affect the world and I have no regrets pitching my tent with Trump, especially after he won.

His behaviour upon winning reminds me of virtue signalling beta boys here and, in real life I've become impatient with them. People like McCain and Romney are despised for not fighting the MSM and Dems like Trump did. Obviously, they could not lead. They wanted the power but not the responsibility that came with it. Even on twitter, Trump's fans are calling him out on appointing Romney who is a career/experienced politician. That should tell you all you need to know about the dignity o snakes and weasels. I hope he does well though, and doesn't let his voters down.

It was interesting seeing the 'grabgate' incident fizzle out like a wet firecracker. Dude came out quick and sharp and dustbinned the whole thing, and I looked with my mouth wide open. He's a fighter and a scrapper at that.

I also like how he's toying with the media. Dude is a master troll. grin.

Trust the family's doing good?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
Timbuktuo:
Wasn't a fan of DJT's before now, but in the last year following him closely has warmed me up to him. Hillary, on the other hand, became repulsive to me. At the end of the day, it's about how they affect the world and I have no regrets pitching my tent with Trump, especially after he won.

His behaviour upon winning reminds me of virtue signalling beta boys here and, in real life I've become impatient with them. People like McCain and Romney are despised for not fighting the MSM and Dems like Trump did. Obviously, they could not lead. They wanted the power but not the responsibility that came with it. Even on twitter, Trump's fans are calling him out on appointing Romney who is a career/experienced politician. That should tell you all you need to know about the dignity o snakes and weasels. I hope he does well though, and doesn't let his voters down.

It was interesting seeing the 'grabgate' incident fizzle out like a wet firecracker. Dude came out quick and sharp and dustbinned the whole thing, and I looked with my mouth wide open. He's a fighter and a scrapper at that.

I also like how he's toying with the media. Dude is a master troll. grin.

Trust the family's doing good?
He roughed them up good.
Put his hands up for wrongdoing, but never apologised - Alpha
Went hard on the men in the primaries and played hardball - Alpha
Didn't cut the female contenders any slack because they were women - Alpha
Got called a misogynist and paraded his beautiful wife and daughters - Alpha
Called out the threat from Jihadist terrorism when HRC couldn't even name it - Alpha

I wonder about his competence, but If all he does is roll back some of the warped gender ideology Barry put in place, I'll be happy. Don't put my trust in any of them though.

We are all well thanks. Looking forward to the christmas season. Need somedowntime

Hope likewise.

Best
TV

...come, where's Cracky?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Timbuktuo: 10:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
TV01:

He roughed them up good.
Put his hands up for wrongdoing, but never apologised - Alpha
Went hard on the men in the primaries and played hardball - Alpha
Didn't cut the female contenders any slack because they were women - Alpha
Got called a misogynist and paraded his beautiful wife and daughters - Alpha
Called out the threat from Jihadist terrorism when HRC couldn't even name it - Alpha

I wonder about his competence, but If all he does is roll back some of the warped gender ideology Barry put in place, I'll be happy. Don't put my trust in any of them though.

We are all well thanks. Looking forward to the christmas season. Need somedowntime

Hope likewise.

Best
TV

...come, where's Cracky?

Cracky is probably in jail. grin

Per ideology roll-backs, I think the best he can do is ensure a fair playing field just by his presence in the white house. Where Barry identified as, and sided one group, he's just being his natural self and that will make others act naturally and have very little fear of doxxing. This is a great step forward, in my opinion.

But he's already having an effect even before he's assumed the throne. AC manufacturers are no longer going to be moving out of the country as of this morning, owing to negotiations with DJT, he's supposed to have a press conference to that effect soon. That's job saved and he isn't even president yet, meanwhile Barry probably didn't even know about the proposed move. Earlier in the year, during campaigns, he threatened Ford Motor Co. with an increased in import tax duties if they took their factory across the border to Mehico. Ford stayed put, obviously waiting to see the tide of elections and I'm sure they're going nowhere now. grin.

I'm not too sure if his 'incompetence', after all, any perceptions on that score have been informed by the media narrative, media that only 6% of Americans trust.

We're good here as well.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
before you over rejoice on DJT

Be patient
Yes he has been unashamedly masculine and non PC hpwever being a strong individual is not the same as being a strong leader

They have entered one chance

I hope you have seen his appointments - ex Wall Street

That tolerance that some despise is the reason why the NID have been able to thrive and discrimination lawsuits exist toe ensure you can get some of the jobs or contracts.... now we have a prez who enabled white nationalism.... lets see how it goes

And before you blame the media.... open your own eyes and see.. more attacks on social media and real life on immigrants..

before you throw out the bath water... be caredul
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
I am Republican but I didnt support Trump

On the other side, the Dems fucckkked up real good

Especially with the PC crowd, Now bold enough to face radical Islamic terrorism for what it is, Apologizing and those beta attitude to those terror sponsoring regimes, All the transgender bathrooms issues

The thing about Trump is he is just a man who knows what he needs to sell to people to tap into their emotions, He would not do over half of what he said he would but he sold the idea to America and they bought it. Trump is a friend of the Clintons dont believe the bullshitt they were selling to us in the campaign trail. Trump will embrace the Wall Street, the regular Politicians and the same Spacial interests who spoke against because HE IS ONE OF THEM. Also another bad thing is his election might embolden the alt-right, the closet racists who feel they are losing their grip on "The America they grew up with"

Also most of the job are lost to Technological innovations and there is no way to actually bring back those jobs. How do you bring back the job of Typists who trained on the typewriter when everyone now has a laptop, Travel agents who lost their jobs to online booking of tickets, or coal mining jobs and other jobs that have been lost to automations

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
raumdeuter:
I am Republican but I didnt support Trump

On the other side, the Dems fucckkked up real good

Especially with the PC crowd, Now bold enough to face radical Islamic terrorism for what it is, Apologizing and those beta attitude to those terror sponsoring regimes, All the transgender bathrooms issues

The thing about Trump is he is just a man who knows what he needs to sell to people to tap into their emotions, He would not do over half of what he said he would but he sold the idea to America and they bought it. Trump is a friend of the Clintons dont believe the bullshitt they were selling to us in the campaign trail. Trump will embrace the Wall Street, the regular Politicians and the same Spacial interests who spoke against because HE IS ONE OF THEM. Also another bad thing is his election might embolden the alt-right, the closet racists who feel they are losing their grip on "The America they grew up with"

Also most of the job are lost to Technological innovations and there is no way to actually bring back those jobs. How do you bring back the job of Typists who trained on the typewriter when everyone now has a laptop, Travel agents who lost their jobs to online booking of tickets, or coal mining jobs and other jobs that have been lost to automations

A lot of people at least based on news reports now feel emboldened to show their racism.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2016
pickabeau1:
before you over rejoice on DJT

Be patient
Yes he has been unashamedly masculine and non PC hpwever being a strong individual is not the same as being a strong leader

They have entered one chance

I hope you have seen his appointments - ex Wall Street

That tolerance that some despise is the reason why the NID have been able to thrive and discrimination lawsuits exist toe ensure you can get some of the jobs or contracts.... now we have a prez who enabled white nationalism.... lets see how it goes

And before you blame the media.... open your own eyes and see.. more attacks on social media and real life on immigrants..

before you throw out the bath water... be caredul
Americans are like the biblical Israelites.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
Madeu:
"I was in Italy this past summer for study abroad. I left my boyfriend of six months at home and had no intentions of cheating. I met this guy, who happened to have the same name as my USA boyfriend, and we really hit it off. He drove a wicked BMW, and I ended up at his place one night. And then again. And again. My boyfriend never found out, and I plan to keep it that way. My roommate during study abroad..............read more http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a8372946/people-share-cheating-while-abroad-stories/?src=socialflowFB
Abroad loun loun. Do they know how many relationships ordinary NYSC don kill.

In the end she's not yours till you wife her and even at that you never know

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by raumdeuter: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
Looks like the strong woman Tiwa Savage is back to collecting her cassava from teebillz

https://www.nairaland.com/3509562/tiwa-savage-tee-billz-step
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 12:19am On Dec 11, 2016
Okafor's Law in full effect. Once debe is everly debe
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
A40:

Americans are like the biblical Israelites.

hmm.. can you explain this?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
raumdeuter:
Looks like the strong woman Tiwa Savage is back to collecting her cassava from teebillz

https://www.nairaland.com/3509562/tiwa-savage-tee-billz-step

No issues with that...as long as she is calling the shots tongue
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by A40(m): 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2016
pickabeau1:

hmm.. can you explain this?
Finicky, Entitled, Fickle, impossible to please
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
A40:

Finicky, Entitled, Fickle, impossible to please

\now i get the context
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Advocatp: 12:10am On Apr 06, 2017
Good evening everyone, This guy in picture claimed to be Mr kolade emmanuel Ola 07064887941 that was the number he used with me, the number was registered with MTN as rosemary Adebayo. We have a deal of exchanging tbc with btc together and he said I will sent first and I said no problem, I did and this guy said he didn't receive it, he blocked me on whatsapp, b4 that have done search on him I found him on Facebook, as am talking to you now he as deleted his self from Facebook. If you are here on this platform, listen good this will be ur last operation you thief kolade emmanuel Ola am a detective and I will cash you, you can't escape http://blockchain.tbc004.net/tx/619f2a43c228de28a67ce2c0173cb86e71775c1af3c751e34ae517b0c51afca2 you can click on the link that is my proof, please becareful

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
bump
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by An0nimus: 9:11am On Jun 05, 2017
pickabeau1:
bump

bump bump

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.