Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? (3937 Views)

Top Ten Most Corrupt Countries, Nigeria Not Included / Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations / Is Gej The Worst President That Has Ruled Nigeria Amongst Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by gregg2: 8:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by atlwireles: 8:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Nigeria should not be talking of being part of MINT either! Let face it, the 4 years we have wasted with that LOOTOCRAT GEJ, if Nigeria had had a visionary leader in that seat, by 2020, We would have be in top 15 economy in the World.

Imagine from 1999 to 2007, Obasanjo grew the nation reserves from less than $11bn to over $45bn, yet with the massive oil boom in the last 4 years, the LOOTOCRAT GEJ have not been able to grow the reserve further! That is why we need a sensible and visionary leader come 2015 and by 2025, our GDP would have grew to over $1trillion.

Same old song, you had 50yrs to grow your GDP to $1 trillion, what happened?

1 Like

Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx:

I hear that. However, the concept was Jim O'Neill's concept. And it was BRIC, with Nigeria being touted, to make it BRIC(N) because of its massive potentials and huge population.

True but Jim was only reading the handwriting He saw on the wall. Today, the average Nigerian survives without any help from the government, whether in form of providing basic amenities to ensuring justice, law and order. Imagine what would happen to that economy if government led by a sane person take reign and the people are provided these basic amenities that they spend 65% of their personal income on? Definitely, the economy would grow in double digit figures with real growth that counts!
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Same old song, you had 50yrs to grow your GDP to $1 trillion, what happened?

You can continue to encourage yourself in st.upidity by thinking a region, or certain people is the reason you are a glorified Pig farmer! If at all you learnt history in school, you would have realized that your kinsmen were part and parcel of the corrupt government for those 53years and that GEJ is no different.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by atlwireles: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:

You can continue to encourage yourself in st.upidity by thinking a region, or certain people is the reason you are a glorified Pig farmer! If at all you learnt history in school, you would have realized that your kinsmen were part and parcel of the corrupt government for those 53years and that GEJ is no different.

Empty vessel oya begin to entertain us with your noise. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Geniro: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:

What is wrong in being a pig farmer ?
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
Geniro:

Are you a PIG farmer? Face the topic else make your exit from the thread.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by atlwireles: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
Geniro:

Don't mind the run away UK refugee.

1 Like

Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Empty vessel oya begin to entertain us with your noise. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Like Uduaghan is entertaining you people with poverty and many of you spent Christmas sleeping and opening your mouth in your dreams for food cool
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Nigeria should not be talking of being part of MINT either! Let face it, the 4 years we have wasted with that LOOTOCRAT GEJ, if Nigeria had had a visionary leader in that seat, by 2020, We would have be in top 15 economy in the World.

Imagine from 1999 to 2007, Obasanjo grew the nation reserves from less than $11bn to over $45bn, yet with the massive oil boom in the last 4 years, the LOOTOCRAT GEJ have not been able to grow the reserve further! That is why we need a sensible and visionary leader come 2015 and by 2025, our GDP would have grew to over $1trillion.

Spot on.

Err...not saying I know all, however, from my own consciousness, I believe what has been the catalyst for this anomalistic growth vis-a-vis massive GDP of Nigeria involves the following: extreme corruption, repatriation of stolen wealth from foreign countries by ex leaders and utterly corrupt politicians back to Nigeria for investment, money sent back home by Nigerian diaspora, and the massive oil boom. It isn't rocket science why despite the huge money in circulation - the money just stays up there and never goes down.

The MINT thing is just scary.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by atlwireles: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Like Uduaghan is entertaining you people with poverty and many of you spent Christmas sleeping and opening your mouth in your dreams for food cool

At least he did not tell you people in EDO to GO AND DIE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
atlwireles:

Hehe.. Where I am, it will take 3 generations of your lineage to even dream of getting there. Mr PIGGY.... we know your GEJ brought Nigeria into TOM TOM like they said He brought you people facebook cheesy cheesy
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
atlwireles:

At least he did not tell you people in EDO to GO AND DIE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Better than being ECONOMICALLY r.aped by an international criminal who is on the UK wanted list cool. Mr. PIGGY..this thread is for ECONOMIC MATTERS DISCUSS which is far above pig farming..okay. cool cool
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by atlwireles: 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe.. Where I am, it will take 3 generations of your lineage to even dream of getting there. Mr PIGGY.... we know your GEJ brought Nigeria into TOM TOM like they said He brought you people facebook cheesy cheesy

Come and see foolishness first class, so your staying in the UK is now your life's achievement shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Poverty of the mind is not good at all. angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:

True but Jim was only reading the handwriting He saw on the wall. Today, the average Nigerian survives without any help from the government, whether in form of providing basic amenities to ensuring justice, law and order. Imagine what would happen to that economy if government led by a sane person take reign and the people are provided these basic amenities that they spend 65% of their personal income on? Definitely, the economy would grow in double digit figures with real growth that counts!

I concur. More reason why the country needs to invest in infrastructures and provide the basic things the energetic people need to thrive. They aren't even asking for too much.

If the infrastructures are there, tons of professionals in the diaspora would most definitely go back home to create wealth and employ people as well. The country as it's isn't just conducive enough for that, at the moment.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by atlwireles: 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Better than being ECONOMICALLY r.aped by an international criminal who is on the UK wanted list cool. Mr. PIGGY..this thread is for ECONOMIC MATTERS DISCUSS which is far above pig farming..okay. cool cool

Pig farming is the ultimate economic discussion, but an economic refugee like you will not understand.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx:

Spot on.

Err...not saying I know all, however, from my own consciousness, I believe what has been the catalyst for this anomalistic growth vis-a-vis massive GDP of Nigeria involves the following: extreme corruption, repatriation of stolen wealth from foreign countries by ex leaders and utterly corrupt politicians back to Nigeria for investment, money sent back home by Nigerian diaspora, and the massive oil boom. It isn't rocket science why despite the huge money in circulation - the money just stays up there and never goes down.

The MINT thing is just scary.
I remember looking at the World Bank report on remittances to developing countries in 2012. Nigeria alone remitted over $21bn shocked back home. Imagine if the government had investment $15bn in basic infrastructure, surely that economy would be the darling of all investors.

I agree, corruption in the country is not only sickening, but it more scary when you have a President who tells the nation that stealing is not corruption

Imagine if the anti-corruption crusade that was so hot in 2005 had continued on a higher tempo, surely, even foreigners would want to come investment their money in the economy.

Just think about a government that spent nearly N22bn to fix a railway like that looks like one of those the UK used to have before second world war.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by gregg2: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:

FYI, the LOOTOCRAT GEJ did not get us into MINT, Nigeria economy is only surviving because of the reforms put in place at the early part of Obasanjo's second term.

See how frustration is turning some of you mad? So you now admit a PDP govt is performing - all because you don't want GEJ to take the credit for an obvious economic growth his administration is engineering.

2 Likes

Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Geniro: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Are you a PIG farmer? Face the topic else make your exit from the thread.

Am not, but i don't see why you should be looking down on a very lucrative venture as piggery.

Don't denigrate others simply because you lack self esteem .
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx:

I concur. More reason why the country needs to invest in infrastructures and provide the basic things the energetic people need to thrive. They aren't even asking for too much.

If the infrastructures are there, tons of professionals in the diaspora would most definitely go back home to create wealth and employ people as well. The country as it's isn't just conducive enough for that, at the moment.

Definitely! I remember in 2006, Banks in Nigeria were holding career fairs in London, Glasgow, Manchester to recruit Nigerians here and many wanted to go back home because they thought the country was turning the leaf. Fast forward to 2013, it would appear that all hope is now lost and many are now drowning in seas of the coast of Italy.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Geniro: 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
atlwireles:

No wonder angry
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
gregg2:

See how frustration is turning some of you mad? So you now admit a PDP govt is performing - all because you don't want GEJ to take the credit for an obvious economic growth his administration is engineering.

Which economic growth? The one on paper? Did you not read the article where the politely insulted you people that the whole country of over 170million generates electricity used by just over 1.7million people in the UK

I guess you were not blind to the comments of Dangote quoted in that article too.

Some of you have not tasted development in your life so it is no surprising many of you are touting paper based growth figure of this LOOTOCRAT GEJ as achievement.

1 Like

Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
Geniro:

Am not, but i don't see why you should be looking down on a very lucrative venture as piggery.

Don't denigrate others simply because you lack self esteem .
Hehe... are you the slave to Mr PIGGY cool.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Geniro:

No wonder angry
You are not worth being the main guard in guest house in Nigeria, sorry to inform you cool
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
I remember looking at the World Bank report on remittances to developing countries in 2012. Nigeria alone remitted over $21bn shocked back home. Imagine if the government had investment $15bn in basic infrastructure, surely that economy would be the darling of all investors.

I agree, corruption in the country is not only sickening, but it more scary when you have a President who tells the nation that stealing is not corruption

Imagine if the anti-corruption crusade that was so hot in 2005 had continued on a higher tempo, surely, even foreigners would want to come investment their money in the economy.

Just think about a government that spent nearly N22bn to fix a railway like that looks like one of those the UK used to have before second world war.

That $21 billion is the total GDP of a lot of African countries. And about a 3rd of what Nigeria makes per annum from crude oil sales. Nigerians are the ones keeping the country afloat - there's no government in that country, to be honest.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Geniro: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Hehe... are you the slave to Mr PIGGY cool.

Omo_Tier1:
You are not worth being the main guard in guest house in Nigeria, sorry to inform you cool

You mean your hut guarded by your folks ? . Empty rabble rousing chest beater angry.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by solomon111(m): 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
I just dey laugh.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:
Definitely! I remember in 2006, Banks in Nigeria were holding career fairs in London, Glasgow, Manchester to recruit Nigerians here and many wanted to go back home because they thought the country was turning the leaf. Fast forward to 2013, it would appear that all hope is now lost and many are now drowning in seas of the coast of Italy.

Nigeria is definitely not the country to go back to for employment especially if you've never spent a lot of time there. It's a nice country to visit. It's fun especially if you love wild and crazy things, however, it's hell on earth.

There's money everywhere in Lagos. New money owned by the newly created cabals, with expensive lifestyle. Even my own uncle owns about four bullet-proof 4x4. However, there's a humanitarian crisis in Nigeria. grin
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by atlwireles: 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Omo_Tier1:

Which economic growth? The one on paper? Did you not read the article where the politely insulted you people that the whole country of over 170million generates electricity used by just over 1.7million people in the UK

I guess you were not blind to the comments of Dangote quoted in that article too.

Some of you have not tasted development in your life so it is no surprising many of you are touting paper based growth figure of this LOOTOCRAT GEJ as achievement.

Leaving in your council flat 8 person per room is now tasting development abi!!!!. Na poverty dey worry you, nothing else. You are probably pissed at Nigeria for allowing you become a slave in the UK. When small boys are clocking 6-7million per year working in Warri. By the way, what was the temperature this morning.

1 Like

Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx:

That $21 billion is the total GDP of a lot of African countries. And about a 3rd of what Nigeria makes per annum from crude oil sales. Nigerians are the ones keeping the country afloat - there's no government in that country, to be honest.
That is one of the reason the economy did not collapse! Again, if you look back at the figures for 2011, you just wonder how come that country is still in the abysmal dismal state she is today. Obviously, you do not need a soothsayer to tell you it is because of inept leadership and a local criminal who never saw wealth while He was a kid but now wants to loot the treasury dry for His fourth generation yet unborn.

A government that tells the locals to buy locally welded cars yet the Ministers, Advisers and the President Himself drives around on a German built bullet proof cars.
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by OmoTier1(m): 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Geniro:

You mean your hut guarded by your folks ? . Empty rabble rousing chest beater angry.
Quiet there! We are discussing how to bring hope to you hopeless souls and you are here spewing rubbish undecided This thread is not for PIG FARMERS..okay cool
Re: The MINT Countries: Nigeria Amongst The Next Economic Giants? by taharqa: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
shymexx: I'm a tad bit skeptical about this MINT thing by Jim O'Neill again. I believe he means well and Nigeria has so much potentials, however, sometimes we have to be realistic and not let the need to always look objective towards Africa give people false hopes. If we compare Nigeria with the other three countries that make-up the acronym - we would find out that Nigeria sure has the best potentials (on paper) among the lot. The biggest and ever growing economy in Africa. Huge young and vibrant population. And massive resources.

However, the challenges are too enormous to keep the bubble afloat for too long. The country is rife with corruption. No base for the huge economy and I dare say the Nigerian economy would crash with the smallest capital flight. No infrastructures. Lack of investments in the massive young population. Inability to diversify the economy. No middle class (the middle class keeps the economy afloat) etc.. The challenges are just too much.

There are so many skeptics about Nigeria already. And I'm sorry, Jim O'Neill is a good man, but I would have to go with the skeptics unless something is done. undecided
Some of you just come online to talk THRASH.... *smh*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

With Pictures Like This, I Weep For Nigeria, / PDP Rally: Low Turn Out In Ogun / SW Politics. Yoruba Political Renaissance. The Vanguard. The Cable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.