Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? (3671 Views)

Only A Real Woman Would See This And Still Stick With You....true Or False? / Four Types Of Men A Nigerian Woman Would Marry / If You're A Tall & Strong (muscular) Woman, Would You Love A Short & Light Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2008
Because shayman, i would win the arguement.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by shayman(m): 10:24pm On Aug 10, 2008
Yeah right, nawty u, lol
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2008
you know i would. all you guys do is go to work, come home, and lazy around the house.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by shayman(m): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2008
@oyinye
*smiles* u wont win, i wld ve lovd 2 argue wiv u but unfortunately am so sleepy now and ma network's slow, see ya later!
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:43am On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

you know i would. all you guys do is go to work, come home, and lazy around the house.

That doesn't mean that we shut our minds off and stop thinking. Thinking and planning isn't easy work.

I'm sure there really wouldn't be much of a difference if women decided to keep their lives simple like men (I'm generalizing here). But whose to say that men don't have it harder than women? Whose to say that women have it harder than men? In my opinion, I think women only believe their lives to be harder simply because they choose to make it difficult.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 12:50am On Aug 11, 2008
ChinenyeN:

That doesn't mean that we shut our minds off and stop thinking. Thinking and planning isn't easy work.

I'm sure there really wouldn't be much of a difference if women decided to keep their lives simple like men (I'm generalizing here). But whose to say that men don't have it harder than women? Whose to say that women have it harder than men? In my opinion, I think women only believe their lives to be harder simply because they choose to make it difficult.
No one "chooses" a life of difficulty. It is just what ends up happening. While you "think and plan" your wife is cooking for today, planning for tomorrow. Cleaning for today, tiding up for tomorrow. Taking of the kids, making sure they are satisfied. Taking care of you, doing her job as a wife. Taking care of herself so she doesn't over stress herself. and make sure she does her job as a working parent too. And have to wake up and do it all over again.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 1:26am On Aug 11, 2008
Must she do all that alone? Remember, the saying. . . it takes a whole village to raise a child.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 2:13am On Aug 11, 2008
Too bad we don't live with a village. No she doesn't do it alone, but she does MOST of it. Yeah the husband helps here and there, but you and i both know it is the wife that carries most of the burden.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

Too bad we don't live with a village. No she doesn't do it alone, but she does MOST of it. Yeah the husband helps here and there, but you and i both know it is the wife that carries most of the burden.

*SHRUG* Alright. I guess that's the way it is. There really is no sense in arguing it. I see my mother do all of that here in the house. Yet, my father has his own fair share of work to do. I'd so that both my parents work equally in this house and bear basically the same amount of burden, but they bear each others burden together (at least, as much as the two genders can bear together that is).
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2008
Onyinye

Must we get femminist all the time? grin
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2008
michelin89:

Onyinye

Oh, let's not even get started on that one. That's a whole-nother (not a real word) issue.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2008
ChinenyeN:

*SHRUG* Alright. I guess that's the way it is. There really is no sense in arguing it. I see my mother do all of that here in the house. Yet, my father has his own fair share of work to do. I'd so that both my parents work equally in this house and bear basically the same amount of burden, but they bear each others burden together (at least, as much as the two genders can bear together that is).
But you have to admit, your MOTHER does most of the work.

michelin89:

Onyinye

Me, feminist? Never.

ChinenyeN:

Oh, let's not even get started on that one. That's a whole-nother (not a real word) issue.
Not even an issue. Just realism.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2008
ChinenyeN:

"long throat" wetin carry your head come here? Na you be Onyinye? Listen transgender just mind ya business this evening. angry

onyinye2:

Me, feminist? Never.

Ok sorry. Equal rights fighter. Haba wetin concern him mother and wetin she dey do with this topic?
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2008
michelin89:

Ok sorry. Equal rights fighter. Haba wetin concern him mother and wetin she dey do with this topic?
I was just proving a previous point.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2008
No. I'd never admit to my mother doing most of the work when it comes to the work that my father does. Let me clarify something here. I'm under the assumption that we're discussing what each gender does in general. You seem to be talking about the work they do at home. If that's the case, then I agree that my mother does most of the work (a good 95% at least) in the house. Otherwise, if we compare what my dad does and what my mother does for the family, I'd say that they're about equal.

As for feminism. I know its reality. . . but in reality when it comes to discussing it, the discussion becomes an issue. At least, that's the way I see it.

@michelin89. . . I no sabi wetin you dey talk about. I am not Onyinye. . . haha.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

I was just proving a previous point.

Nor be every time you go dey discuss with these akpakos (nor ask me wetin e mean ooo).

ChinenyeN:

@michelin89. . . I no sabi wetin you dey talk about. I am not Onyinye. . . haha.

So next time nor answer question wey them nor ask you!
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
michelin89:

Nor be every time you go dey discuss with these akpakos (nor ask me wetin e mean ooo).
Oh michelin grin

ChinenyeN:

No. I'd never admit to my mother doing most of the work when it comes to the work that my father does. Let me clarify something here. I'm under the assumption that we're discussing what each gender does in general. You seem to be talking about the work they do at home. If that's the case, then I agree that my mother does most of the work (a good 95% at least) in the house. Otherwise, if we compare what my dad does and what my mother does for the family, I'd say that they're about equal.

As for feminism. I know its reality. . . but in reality when it comes to discussing it, the discussion becomes an issue. At least, that's the way I see it.
Oka let look at it generally. The wife takes cares of the house work with addition she has her own occupation. Then the husband has his occupation then does little to no housework. How can you compare?
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2008
In our house, yeah. I can compare, but that's our house. I'm pretty sure that what you're talking about Onyinye exists in other households, but it isn't like that in our house.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Who is "our"? Because i have seen a variety of families and somehow it just falls back to the Wife doing most of the work. It is how it is.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
"Our" house; I'm referring to My nuclear family and I.

When it comes to cooking, we're all (with the exception of my dad, because he's always in the room doing work) helping my mother out cooking. We're always helping her clean. The only time she really does anything by herself is when she's at school teaching the kindergarteners and reading for her Ph.D. Even with the Ph. D. I even help her with some of her studies by typing her papers for her and helping her with reading/comprehension of some questions. She rarely works alone in this house. If anyone does work alone, its my father. Even then, I'm in the house doing small jobs for him such as mailing letters, typing letters, typing manuscripts, editing videos and music, paying bills etc. etc. The only thing he really does alone is teaching Business and Accounting at a nearby university and grading papers. So, our house here is different from most other households I know of and have seen.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
"your" house is quite the exception. In the house i have seen and including my own, the mother did the most. Yeah we helped out, did what we could, but she still held most of the burden. Both of my parents worked and such. My father cooked only sometimes, while my mom cooked most of the time. My father didn't do much house work, while my mother and us did. He took care of everything else outside the home. But i still know that my mom did the most work. My father is a very caring man and did alot too though so don't get me wrong, but it was my mother would did the most.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2008
Me? Never!!!
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2008
Ruby, aren't you a wee bit curious?
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
No, am not at all. even if I was, I have a specimen I can try my experiment on
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2008
onyinye2:

"your" house is quite the exception. In the house i have seen and including my own, the mother did the most. Yeah we helped out, did what we could, but she still held most of the burden. Both of my parents worked and such. My father cooked only sometimes, while my mom cooked most of the time. My father didn't do much house work, while my mother and us did. He took care of everything else outside the home. But i still know that my mom did the most work. My father is a very caring man and did alot too though so don't get me wrong, but it was my mother would did the most.

Okay. I understand what you're saying and I agree. Women (generally speaking) do bear most of the burden. That's why I am thankful that I came out as a male and I would never want to be in the place of a woman.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
ChinenyeN:

Okay. I understand what you're saying and I agree. Women (generally speaking) do bear most of the burden. That's why I am thankful that I came out as a male and I would never want to be in the place of a woman.
Strangely i find that as a compliment and an insult. That is why i would accept the offer to switch places. It would be like a vacation from everyday life. Just go to work, pay bills, yada yada.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
Compliment and an insult? How so?
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
Compliment in the sense you understand what most women go through on a day to day basis.
Insult in a sense when you were all "i would never want to be in the place of a woman". Sort of makes is sound like it is the worst thing or the worst job.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
Oh. Well. . . I guess I can rephrase that. . . uh. . . I don't see the need to switch places with women. I already understand what they go through and understanding is enough for me to have compassion and do what I can do to make their jobs easier (at least those women/females around me).

How was that?
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by sistawoman: 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2008
no because i have played that role for 16 years now it is my turn not to have to do anymore.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by onyinye2(f): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
Much better but, no offense you will never[i] fully[/i] understand what a woman goes through. You can try to understand it but, you won't grasp it fully.
Re: Woman, Would You Like To Become A Man? Or Vice Versa? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
None taken. And I don't want to fully understand. Fully understanding means taking a walk in their shoes, which I'd rather not do. I'm more of the type of observer that watches and doesn't interfere. Life is much simpler that way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Relationship Without Touch? / She Kept Comparing Me With Her Ex-boyfriend / Please If My Gf Traveled To Ph And Slept With Other Men More Than 2...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.