Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51258 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by cr7lomo: 9:13am On Jan 10, 2014
barcanista: I wonder how some people reason. Sentiment apart, Yaya deserve it. In fact, Mikel and Drogba shouldn't even be among the TOP contenders. Emenike and Jonathan Petropia should have been there instead.

People say Mikel won the Europa, we all know Europa is LOSERs Cup for Champions League drop-outs. Beside Mikel wasn't instrumental, he played from d bench or second fiddle.

AFCON? Damn it. Emenike was Nigeria's Key man along with Moses in that competition. In fact, Bance was better than Mikel in the AFCON games.

Its like giving Pinto best goalie becos he has been winning trophies with FcB(from bench).

Finally, Congrat to Toure, A worthy Barca product. I wish him the best.

Next is MESSI to be crowned WORLD BEST

U will b disappointed this time
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 9:15am On Jan 10, 2014
Gguy4real: Yaya toure deserve it also mikel deserve it but is very painful that mikel didnt win the award but anyway mikel is to blame for it, i dont know why he was doing at the back anytime chelsea was playing match he no dey move forward to score the guy really disgrace me alot how can a player score just 3 goals in all his appearance in chelsea shirt i think he should leave the club and move somewhere else so that he can add more tally to his record maybe that time he will win the award
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 9:16am On Jan 10, 2014
Gguy4real: Yaya toure deserve it also mikel deserve it but is very painful that mikel didnt win the award but anyway mikel is to blame for it, i dont know why he was doing at the back anytime chelsea was playing match he no dey move forward to score the guy really disgrace me alot how can a player score just 3 goals in all his appearance in chelsea shirt i think he should leave the club and move somewhere else so that he can add more tally to his record maybe that time he will win the award
How is mikel 2 b blamed 4 it?by winning afcon?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by omar22(m): 9:16am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: Yea..toure was better last year bt mikel was sucesful..if u were asked 2 choose btween good performance nd success which 1 wil u go for?mikel was beta..i prefer success than dat

So you will say Mikel is better than Steven Gerrard because he is more successful? Or Busquet is better than Alonso because he is more successful?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by JATonline21: 9:16am On Jan 10, 2014
Congratulations! A thoroughly deserved award.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by cr7lomo: 9:17am On Jan 10, 2014
omobajohn58: They both deserve the honour and moreover,it's by vote so even drogba can win provided d coaches like his style......2 be realistic i see no reason why some people said mikel does nt desrve it.....he doesn't have enuff playing tym in chelsea Nt an excuse....'cos apart 4rm yaya how many big name defensive mid fielder can u list in man city....in chelsea u have many....likes of lampard ramires even luiz et al........they said mikel is nt indispensable unlike yaya......but without mikel u will knw dat Nigeria's game lack dat free flow of ball......he dnt score goals? Why would he ...he is a defense minded player his slogan is 'safety first'...and since he perform quite alright i see no reason why we should take dat as a reasonable excuse..........since i've been watching a match involving mikel and yaya....even a blind man knws that mikel control d midfield nt yaya.........NIGERIAvs IVORY and chelsea vs man city.......i rest my case

E b like say na radio u de watch your own football

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by seangy4konji: 9:20am On Jan 10, 2014
Toure is the best...who is Mikelsentiments apart...Goals and assist from Yaya i have seen in the last year makes mikel look like a learner!!!
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by hustla(m): 9:22am On Jan 10, 2014
Well deserved

the guy na beast!
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2014
I predicted it...

There is no way in hell that Mikel Obi could have won that laurel over Yaya 'The Lion' Toure..

If you were a coach and were stuck with the option of a defensive Midfielder, whom would you have?!

Instead, they would have given it to Enyeama or Emenike.

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 9:25am On Jan 10, 2014
omar22:

If you look at all the football awards around the world, its the best performing player not the player from the best team. Some will say Okocha, well as good as he was, Eto was the best striker in the world far better than Henry or Van Nistelrooy.

So can someone tell me why Kanu won the title in 1999
Then y was okocha denied d award wen he deserved it

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by omar22(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: Then y was okocha denied d award wen he deserved it

Am sorry but Eto was outstanding that year!
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 10, 2014
Mikel can be as good as, or better than Yaya Toure if he leaves Chelsea. It's really not fair to compare them both as their roles are very different. Yaya is an attacking midfielder and Mikel a defensive midfielder at club level. At national level they are both attacking midfielders, and there Mikel outshone him last year.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2014
omar22:

So you will say Mikel is better than Steven Gerrard because he is more successful? Or Busquet is better than Alonso because he is more successful?
No..am sayin i wud v preferd 2 b mikel dan yaya cos success is following him or you no lyk beta tin?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2014
xp17: when would nigerians start putting sentiments aside and face and acept defeat in the spirirt of sportmanship? yes john obi mikel played , just like christana ronaldo, but they both got a stronger man right in front to stop them. well, not everybody is lucky enough. Though John Obi Mikel played better than Ayo kanute and Emanue adebayo when the duo won this dreaded award , but there wasn't a strong contender at the time. This remind me of when Samuel Eto was on top of the game , we all wanted Jay Jay Okacha to emerge the winner , but deep inside of us we all knew that Samuel Eto performance was exceptional that year and better than that of Jay Jay.

last bomb: [size=18pt]NO BE BY PRIVATE JET

YAYA TOURE ENTER YOUR KEKE NAPE TAKE CARRY UR PROPERTY GO HOUSE[/size]
Go to cafonline.com, official website and read about the awards it states; ''the award is bestowed on every indidual player on pure merit for his or her exemplary contribution to the development and promotion of football, on and off the pitch, WITHIN THE CONTINENT''. Please answer without bias whose profile best fit that description 'within the continent', Yaya or Mikel in 2013. And that too in a Nations cup year. Either this award is useless or the AFCON is useless. If the AFCON is irrelevant, CAF should tell us and then stop using AFCON to disturb EPL. We can all watch the EPL.

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Johntitus: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2014
Buchukwu: I said it and i will say it again that had mikel won i would have stopped watching football entirely. What did he play that yaya toure didnt play times 2. Mikel mikel everytime.
u no sabi play na why you talk like dis
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 10, 2014
#No qualms mikel...ballon d'or is still there for you....#...
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 9:30am On Jan 10, 2014
omar22:

Am sorry but Eto was outstanding that year!
Who told u dat..he was playin 4 real mallorca den nd he didnt achieve anytin wit dem..r u sayin they gave him cos real mallorca was beta dan bolton?NO..if u ask me they were both equal teams..bt they said gave him cos he won afcon..MIKEL also won afcon so y didnt they giv him

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by cherieb2(f): 9:30am On Jan 10, 2014
If we the youths of 2day are this bias, tribalistic n sentimental in our reasoning and judgement then what will the future of our country be?.....it cuts across all sector...dats how those who deserve and qualifies τ̅☺ be given employement are shoved aside and those without experience are employed because its either they are related in one way or the other to those on top.

CAF may av bn biased in the past, but they got this one perfectly right. Yaya deserves it, lets stop being sentimental and bias in our judgement.
Hope Mikel improves on his performance this year so that he can win the nxt award.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by captainbaroni(m): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2014
Among d shortlisted contestants, Yaya Toure is d best. But t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ М̤̣̲̣̥̈̇γ̲̣̣̥ opinion, d pesn dat deserves d award was not even shortlisted (Vincent Enyama)

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Reference(m): 9:33am On Jan 10, 2014
Good choice. No comparison whatsoever. This is an international award and returning to England for this weekend's fixtures there would be extra cameras pitch side to catch the awardee in action not behind their backs and hidden in the fourth row of the subs bench. Now that would be seriously embarassing.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by macof(m): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2014
lymelyte:
As for Psquare,thier voices looks very horrible on live performance.

It was because they were disappointed that Mikel didn't win
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by extremelygolden: 9:35am On Jan 10, 2014
lymelyte: Well deserved..mikel wen nor get highlight at all. No goals,no assist, very stiff player Mtcheww..
As for Psquare,thier voices looks[color=#000000][/color] very horrible on live performance.

SOUND and not looks!

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by psalm68(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2014
wonder what the criteria are and the year in review obviously do not count.caf is a big joke just like every other african leader. angry
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by 9jafreak: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2014
Congrats Man.

Yaya is one of Africa's All-Time Greatest: Behind Weah, ETO'O, DROGBA, and Kanu in my book

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by omar22(m): 9:54am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: Who told u dat..he was playin 4 real mallorca den nd he didnt achieve anytin wit dem..r u sayin they gave him cos real mallorca was beta dan bolton?NO..if u ask me they were both equal teams..bt they said gave him cos he won afcon..MIKEL also won afcon so y didnt they giv him

Tunisia won Nations Cup in 2004 (so should a Tunisian have won the player of the year?)

He (Eto) was the Captain of the small island team and he also in 2004 he Joined Barcelona he was on fire from the moment he walked in the door of the Catalan club, he won the award because of his performance
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by pastormmadu(m): 9:55am On Jan 10, 2014
lymelyte: Well deserved..mikel wen nor get highlight at all. No goals,no assist, very stiff player Mtcheww..
As for Psquare,thier voices looks very horrible on live performance.

If goal is a criteria, I wonder why cannavaro a̲̅ηϑ oliver khan were once world's best. How many goals did they score?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by caprini: 9:56am On Jan 10, 2014
There was no single ojoro in all the awards...Nigeria as a collective unit won 90% of the awards...which we truly deserve.But seriously nobody can win Africa's best with just back passes.Yaya Toure is a beast on the pitch...a true African warrior.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 9:58am On Jan 10, 2014
omar22:

Tunisia won Nations Cup in 2004 (so should a Tunisian have won the player of the year?)

He (Eto) was the Captain of the small island team and he also in 2004 he Joined Barcelona he was on fire from the moment he walked in the door of the Catalan club, he won the award because of his performance
Mention one outstanding tunisian player durin dat tournament
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by shogz89: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2014
congrats to yaya toure,, he deserves it the most,. but how will CAF explain why drogba will be among the top three players in africa and is not in the africa first ix... meaning he was not suppose to be in the top in the first place..,, CAF is not organised and a little bit biased,. eyeama, pretopia or emenike should have been in that top three and not drogba
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by chi4ik(m): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2014
Mikel deserve d award base on achievement but Yaya Ture deserve it base on individual capabilities. ( I would have b so exited if Mikel won the Award. Pls Mikel U now have an assignment before this time nxt year, work hard, score more goals $ d award will b yours) all d best.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by purplekayc(m): 10:08am On Jan 10, 2014
who are the other winners
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by omar22(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2014
jotey: Mention one outstanding tunisian player durin dat tournament

I forgot the Brazilian Born Tunisian name and Hatem Trabelsi was one of the best defenders at Ajax.... And Okocha was outstanding leading towards the Nations cup when he got back he became frustrating

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Chukwuma Nwaoha Is Sick, Has Liver Disease, On The Verge Of Dying (pics) / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Hat-trick As Portugal Thrash Switzerland 3-1 (Photos) / Photos: Meet Beautiful Francisca Ordega Who Plays For The Falcons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.