Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (115741 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by joshelen(m): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2010
Arise and shine for your light has come, the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. you can afford to be downcasted, the Lord is on your side arise, you are well able, the fall of a man is not the end. what is not okay today will surely give you joy tomorrow if you dont give up the fight. Perfect faith has no expiring time, it continues until there is a solution. stay blessed
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2010
Lovers of Self
October 3, 2010

"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy" (2 Timothy 3:2)

One of the dangerous teachings of the "New Age" movement which has spilled over into modern evangelicalism is the notion of "self-love."  Many psychologists--even Christian professional counselors--are attributing society's ills, especially among young people, to the supposed lack of a "positive self-image" or "self-esteem" on the part of those exhibiting anti-social behaviour.  What they need, we are told, is to learn to love themselves more, to appreciate their own self-worth.  The problem with this idea is that it is both unscriptural and unrealistic.  People do not hate themselves.  The Bible says that "no man ever yet hated his own flesh" (Ephesians 5:29).

Instead of learning to esteem ourselves, the Scripture commands us each to "esteem other better than themselves" (Philippians 2:3).  Even the apostle Paul, near the end of his life, considered himself so unworthy that he called himself the chief of sinners (see 1 Timothy 1:15).

We are told by some Christian leaders that the measure of our great value in the sight of God is the fact that Christ paid such a high price--His own death--to redeem us.  The fact is, however, that His death is not the measure of our great value, but of our terrible sinfulness.  "Christ died for the ungodly" (Romans 5:6).

In fact, as in our text, the rise of this self-love idea is itself a sign of the last days, when men shall be "lovers of their own selves."  It is the main characteristic of "New Age" humanism which is based squarely upon evolutionary pantheism.

Christ died for our sins because He loved us, not because He needed us.  We should live for Him in thanksgiving for the "amazing grace, that saved a wretch like me!" HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by henry90000: 10:43am On Oct 04, 2010
[size=14pt]Why waste your money buying a new phone when you can get one or two for free. A company is giving phones for free. I got three 9ja style. Please get your free phone.

Visit www.freegsmphones.info[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:53am On Oct 04, 2010
The Light at the End of the Tunnel

In a vision, I was in a dark tunnel, but I could see a lovely, bright light at the end.
Then the opening of the tunnel turned to the shape of a cross.
Soon all was dark and I could see nothing.
Then I heard the Lord say, “Trust Me.”
Here is what He has to say about this vision:

Remember, beloved: I am with you. I will never forsake you.
No matter how dismal and dark things seem, I will always be with you.

The world is going to take on a dark, dismal quality.
You are going to wonder at times just what is occurring.
I tell you, dear one, that I am always right beside you, guiding your steps.
Don’t let the situations in the world cause you strife.
Don’t look on the dismal days ahead as anything but what they are.
They are times that will lead you into the wonders of your God.
They are times that will show you the constant, rich, quality of My love.

The enemy is thrilled with his accomplishments.
He thinks that he has the upper hand, but he is sorely mistaken.
Yes, he will accomplish a certain dismal quality upon the earth.
Yes, some will stand and stare at what he is doing, denying the truth of the living God.
But I tell you, beloved, that those who will follow Me, maintaining their focus, will know true cheer in their lives.
They will identify My work in all that occurs and applaud and praise Me.

I am your God.
The way of the cross is for you.
Follow My course.
See the benefits that come with following the Almighty and know true heart bliss.

I am eternal. I do all things well.
Never forget these truths. No matter how things look, or what occurs, remember: I am with you.
I am able to carry out My plans and you will see the wonder of the coming hour and all of its brightness.

I declare to you this day, beloved.
You will see and partake of the wonder and gladness of heart that I have for you.
You will not be forsaken. You will be embraced soundly through all that is coming.
Regard these words as truth.
Regard them as My truth, and know deep within that when the living God speaks His words of truth,
they shall prevail, they shall prevail in your life, they shall prevail forever!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2010
Line upon Line
October 4, 2010

"The word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken" (Isaiah 28:13)

This familiar passage (repeated mostly from Isaiah 28:10 just before it) is often cited in support of a detailed, verse-by-verse method of Bible study and exposition. However, the context is one of rebuke to the people of Ephraim (that is, the Northern Kingdom of Israel) in the days of the divided kingdom. Isaiah especially castigates the priests and prophets who should have been teaching God’s Word to the people, but who had instead become proud and then drunkards, leaving the people in great ignorance and spiritual confusion.

Therefore, cried Isaiah: "Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the bosoms" (v. 9). Before they can really grow in the knowledge of God, they must be built up carefully, line upon line, for they are yet carnal babes in spiritual matters.

A very similar rebuke was administered to the early Christians, and would be even more appropriate today: "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskillful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age" (Hebrews 5:12-14).

Such an admonition is greatly needed today, when Christian believers subsist almost entirely on spiritual milk--or even worse, on the froth that passes for evangelical literature in most Sunday schools and Christian bookstores today. We need to get back to the strong meat of the Word, lest we "fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by joshelen(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
Gen 1:2 - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters - this was the terrible situation of the earth before the hand of God begin to work on it
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made , and BEHOLD it was very good. - And this was the testimony of the earth after God's hand came on it
i counsel you today to commit totally your life into His hand, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and He shall direct your path. whatever your condition might be there is a hand that can turn ashes to beauty.
Habarlist and the likes will on make things worst, stop running here and there, be still and yield to the Spirit of God that is moving around you, your life will become a beauty to testify to
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
STAND STRONG AND HOLD FAST

Stand strong and hold fast….
don’t back down or give up one inch of territory that you have taken. 
No matter how difficult your circumstances or how seemingly impossible your situation,
the Lord your God is working all things to your good behind the scenes. 
It is just a matter of time. 
Stand strong and hold fast!

Deuteronomy 8:
18But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth,
that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
[size=13pt]
PRAYER Needs No Internet Connection
He's available every day, every hour, every minute to each and every person on this Earth.
God has time for me NOW and is EAGER to hear from me.
Open your mouth and pray every hour,minute,second.
I say pray and pray.
Hit the throne of heaven by your prayer.

OUR GOD IS WAITING.
[/size]

Jeremiah 33 - 3
3Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by joshelen(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
The lord is our shepherd(as many as have truly given their life to Christ not church goers) we shall not want(deut 2:7 God said they have lack nothing, all the time they could talk about lacking, it either they were lusting or faithless). He maketh His children to lie down in green pastures (God gives the best at all times) he leadeth His children beside the still waters(this is based on your sensitivity to the holy spirit). He restores the soul of His children(at times the situation of this country tempt one to leave the path of righteouness but God with the assurance of a better place restores our soul): He leads His children in the path of righteousness for His name sake(we have a name to protect and a spirit to direct, be cooperative). Yea, though we walk through the valley(economic meltdown, poor governance etc) of the shadow of death(bombing and threat of bombing) we should fear no evil for God is with us; His rod and His staff(of correction, through sermons and situations) should comfort us. He has a table prepared before us(if we have the eyes of faith) in the presence of our enemies: He has anointed our head with oil(to rise and shine, stop hiden like Gideon) our cup is running over. Surely(no need of debating with the devil) goodness and mercy shall follow(we will not beg for it) all (as long as we are, even in Nigeria) the days of our life and we shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever(no matter what the atheist try to prove)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by joshelen(m): 10:14pm On Oct 06, 2010
Rejioce evermore, pray without ceasing, in everything give thank- God mind for you
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2010
Let My Glory be manifested upon the earth. Lift up the ancient gates and let me come in.
You are My temple so let me come in. You are My dwelling place so let the King of Glory come in.
You who think you know who I am but have yet to allow Me to have My Glory.

I AM has come into your midst. Let me have My Glory.
Adam walked in the cool of the day and had fellowship with me. Let the King of Glory come in.
Enoch walked with me and was not for I took him. Let the King of Glory come in.
Abraham was a friend of mine. Let the King of Glory come in.
Moses saw me in the bush and removed the shoes from his feet. Let the King of Glory come in.

Am I high and lifted up? Have you exalted Me above the heavens?
Do I have a place of preeminence?
Do you rely on all that I AM?
Can I trust that you trust in Me?
Let the King of Glory come in.
Now is the appointed time to let Me have My Glory. Let Me manifest My Presence in the midst.
Give Me time, space and place. Do not shut up the gates or fail to come into My Courts.

Let the King of Glory come in.

"Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty - he is the King of glory. Selah"
Psalms 24: 7-10

Dear Saints, He is calling as never before. The gates were shut centuries ago. The temples were destroyed but we were raised up to be His dwelling place. Through all that Jesus did on the cross we were made to be seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6). He is calling for us to be carriers of His Glory. Let the King of Glory come in.

Have the churches of today invited the King of Glory to come in. Have they asked the question, "Who is He, this King of glory?" Have they given Him full reign or do they reign by their own hands? This is the critical time to ask this hard question. All will see His Glory but will there be rejoicing or weeping
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2010
A WORD TO ENCOURAGE US BRETHREN :

Do not allow others to distract you.
But maintain your obedience in accomplishing the directives that I have given unto you.
Do not continue to look to the things that go on around you, and what others are doing and saying,
but keep your eyes plainly upon My Face.
There is much activity, but not all is Mine.
There is much speaking, but all is not of My Voice.
There are many plans being laid out, but only those that are birthed within you,
that came from My Mind and from My Heart, will you be able to accomplish.
Focus your thoughts firmly upon Me and upon the path ahead.

The pressures and the diversions will only increase as time accelerates.
Many will fall under the pressures and many will be diverted because they have not learned to abide in Me.
But you must focus and continue to walk closely with Me, and to remain on your task that I have given to you.
All that you have been entrusted with, comes from me, and I have enabled you to stand, for you stand complete in Me.

Count it all joy when the trials come, but learn to embrace each one.
For they only add to the deposit that is already within you, as you move through them, under My leading.
Everything that happens to you, and through your life, only adds to that which I have already given to you,
and it even deepens our union, as you remain yoked with Me.

Take each step with new liberty and move forth with confidence.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20am On Oct 09, 2010
Mercy from the Word

"Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word" (Psalm 119:41)

The Hebrew word hesed, used here for "mercy," has a breadth of meaning.  Its basic connotation is "kindness" and is most often used in God's patient dealing with the nation of Israel through their long, and often rebellious, history.  The most frequent contextual use focuses on God's withholding judgment during specific times or events, rather than executing the just sentence demanded by disobedience to His laws.

It is in that sense that "salvation" is often connected to mercy. God "rescues" a person or nation from the consequences of foolish or rebellious actions because He is merciful: "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:cool.

In this section of Psalm 119, the writer clearly stated that these mercies are according to the Word of God.  No event dilutes the holiness of God.  No judgment withheld violates the innate nature of the thrice holy Creator.  Mercy may delay judgment for the sinner, and justification through redemption will eliminate judgment for the sinner, but God's holiness does not abrogate the law.  The sentence is carried out--either on the sinner or on the Lord Jesus Christ in the place of the sinner (Proverbs 11:21).

The psalmist thus praised the basis for God's mercies, told of his trust and hope in the Scriptures, and then gave a series of promises to the Lord that marked his own commitment for obedience (vv. 44-48).  As the stanza closes, the psalmist promised he would lift up his hands in public praise of the Word and meditate in private as well.

Would God that all of God's children emulate the heart of this dear brother from the past.  HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2010
Blood on Our Hands

"When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand" (Ezekiel 3:18)

Ezekiel had been called as a prophet and "watchman" (Ezekiel 3:17; 33:7) to warn the sinning Israelites of impending judgment because of their persistence in compromising their worship of the true God with the pagan pantheistic evolutionism of the Canaanite nations around them. Soon they had adopted the immoral lifestyles that almost invariably develop from diluted confidence in God as Creator/Saviour.

One could easily draw a sharp parallel between ancient Judah and the apostasy and moral degeneration of modern Christendom. The wicked (that is, "the nations that forget God"wink are surely going to be "turned into hell" (Psalm 9:17) if they do not soon repent, whether or not they hear the warning of any watchman. They have already rejected the evidence of God in creation and conscience, so they are "without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

Nevertheless, the Lord does call us who have His Word to do all we can "to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life" (that is, in the present context, to tell them that their Creator and Judge has died for them, to become their Saviour). If we fail to do this, then we become, in effect, their executioners with blood on our hands. Even the "righteous" need to be warned, "that the righteous sin not" (Ezekiel 3:21). "Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked" and he ignores or rejects the warning, "thou hast delivered thy soul" (Ezekiel 33:9). We have a great responsibility, as well as a wonderful privilege, to warn men of impending judgment, and then to tell them of the Saviour. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13am On Oct 09, 2010
The Washing of Regeneration

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" (Titus 3:5)

The word "washing" (Greek, loutron) is used only twice in the New Testament.  There is the "washing of regeneration," as in our text, and the washing in the Scriptures: "Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word" (Ephesians 5:25-26).

Since both the Word and Spirit of God are also said to be the effective agents in accomplishing the miracle of regeneration (see 1 Peter 1:23--"Being born again . . . by the word of God," and John 3:7-8--"Ye must be born again. . . . born of the Spirit" ) , it is clear that the washing of regeneration is synonymous, symbolically, with the "renewing of the Holy Ghost" and also with "the washing of water by the word."

The true washing of regeneration is not a ceremony or ritual, but an eternal reality, "shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour" (Titus 3:6).  It has nothing to do with "works of righteousness" (v. 5), but only with "being justified by his grace" (v. 7).

Now although regeneration by the Word through the Spirit, both symbolized by a cleansing bath in water, is entirely "according to his mercy," there must be thereafter a continual "washing of water by the word." Jesus said: "Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. . . . If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:3, 7).

The Word will first reveal our sins and then cleanse our sins through its gracious exhortations and promises.  "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word" (Psalm 119:9). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2010
Sufferings
October 9, 2010

"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps" (1 Peter 2:21)

Peter's first epistle, written during a time of bitter persecution, deals with the matter of suffering. Peter reminds us that Christ suffered for us and that it is a privilege to suffer for Him. We are "called" to suffering and should "think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try us" (4:12).

Christ's suffering was foretold (1:11), as is ours. We see that He had patience, humility, and submission in His sufferings (2:23) in order to bear "our sins in his own body on the tree" (2:24). He suffered unjustly, "the just for the unjust" (3:18), not only in His spirit, but "Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh" (4:1), being witnessed personally by Peter (5:1).

Since we are likewise "called" to suffer, Peter explains that we also will be "suffering wrongfully" (2:19) even "when ye do well" (v. 20). We will "suffer for righteousness' sake" (3:14) and "for well doing" (v. 17). To avoid being taken by surprise, we are to prepare ourselves to suffer "in the flesh" (4:1), if need be. We will "be reproached for the name of Christ" (4:14) and should "not be ashamed" if we "suffer as a Christian" (4:16). It is much better to suffer in such a way than to have done something evil to deserve it (v. 15).

Suffering while following Christ's example is "acceptable with God" (2:20), and even makes us "happy" (3:14; 4:14). Through it we can "glorify God on this behalf" (4:16) because it is "according to the will of God" (4:19). There is even a magnificent reward awaiting the sufferer (5:10).

In view of all of this, there is little wonder that Peter says, "Rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy" (4:13). JDM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2010
He Reigns -- Newsboys.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeeQUCPTv-c?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2010

Do not be timid. I am ever with you. All that I have shown you in my word
is for you.
I am with you as you step past what you know as reality. Feel the wind of
the Spirit.
Drink of the water I offer. Bathe in the truth of the written word.

I am with you. All I have is yours to partake.

Repent: change your mind. I am Truth and life. Come to me.
There is nothing you can do to me me love you more.
I am love. Leave your fear behind and walk with me.

Steven W Bliss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by bomly(f): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2010
This is wonderful thread, I have been blessed
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2010
The Deceitfulness of Riches
October 10, 2010

"And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful" (Mark 4:18-19)

There is currently a widespread teaching among evangelicals that material prosperity is a right which accrues to the Christian who will do certain things.  This "prosperity gospel," however, is merely a false front for the old-fashioned sin of "covetousness, which is idolatry" (Colossians 3:5).

The Lord Jesus, in His parable of the sower, warned that this "deceitfulness of riches" along with "the cares of this world" and then "the lusts of other things" could soon choke out whatever place the Word of God might once have had in the believer's life.  In no way does the Lord ever promise material wealth to a Christian, but the desire for money and its power has surely crushed the spiritual lives and testimonies of multitudes.  "They that will [i.e., desire to] be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts. . . . For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (1 Timothy 6:9-10).  If, by His grace, the Lord does enable a Christian to acquire wealth, it should be regarded as a divine stewardship and opportunity for ministry.

The apostle Paul, who died penniless in this world but with great treasures laid up in heaven, expressed it thus: "Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come" (1 Timothy 6:17-19). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:34am On Oct 11, 2010
The Free Gift of Life Forever

Romans 6:22-23 But now you are free from sin and have become slaves of God.
This brings you a life that is only for God, and this gives you life forever.
The payment for sin is death.
But God gives us the free gift of life forever in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I have given you the free gift of life.
It is a lasting gift.
It is a forever gift.
Think on this truth.
Meditate on the true meaning of such a gift.

Why would one give His life in order for you to have life eternal?
Why would One shed His sinless blood for you?
I gave out of My heart of love.
I gave all out of a devotion that is not understood by man,
but is fully understood, comprehended,
by the One Who is love, the One Who gladly lavishes this love on any who will receive it.

Think about this forever gift of life.
Think about all it entails, and know, dear one,
that this gift that I give brings much pleasure to My heart,
much pleasure to My heart of the purest love!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2010
Where to Get Counsel
October 11, 2010

"Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory" (Psalm 73:24)

One of the marks of these latter days is a great proliferation of counseling needs and services. Not only have the numbers of professional psychologists and psychiatrists multiplied, but also those of investment counselors, guidance counselors, marriage counselors, and others in great variety.

No doubt all of us need occasional advice from wise counselors, and some--even born-again Christians--may require professional help for serious psychological problems. Where, then, should one go to get such counsel?

Not to a non-Christian counselor! "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly" (Psalm 1:1). "Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel, but not of me" (Isaiah 30:1). The tenets of humanism, especially the supposed animal ancestry of mankind, have infected the secular psychological professions more than almost any other, and counsel based on such a foundation can be devastating.

What about Christian counseling? The best Counselor, of course, is Christ Himself, for He is the "Wonderful, Counsellor" (Isaiah 9:6), and He "worketh all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephesians 1:11). Indwelling us is His Holy "Spirit of truth" and Christ has promised that "he will guide [us] into all truth" (John 16:13). Best of all, we have His inspired Word, which is "perfect, converting [that is, restoring] the soul: . . . sure, making wise the simple. . . . right, rejoicing the heart: . . . pure, enlightening the eyes" (Psalm 19:7-cool. The true Christian counselor, therefore, must always provide counseling in accordance with Scripture, prayerfully guided by the indwelling Spirit of truth. In this way, as promised in our text, He will guide us with His counsel throughout our lives, and finally receive us into glory. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by oom62: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2010
Hi all,

Thank God for all your lives and may God continue to keep you all safe at all times.  He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world and you are the head and not tail.  May you continue to be above only and not beneath.  Arise and shine for the glory of the LORD is risen upon you this day and forever more.  You will lack nothing and you will not go begging for bread.  He who promised is faithful to carry you through.  Please visit www.prayerfortoday..com for regular prayers and encouragement. smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2010
The Hallelujah Chorus (Worthy Is The Lamb/Hallalujah) by Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
WORTHY IS THE LAMB/HALLELUJAH CHORUS

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YXtf7vtz3c&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]

Solo
Worthy is the Lamb that was slain
And hath redeemed us to God by His blood
To receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honour and glory and blessing
Wo-o-o-o-rthy
And hath redeemed us to God by His blood

Male
Blessing honour glory and power be unto Him be unto Him
That seated upon the throne
And to the Lamb
All:
Blessing honour glory and power be unto Him be unto Him
Men
O That seated upon the throne
All
Male
Blessing honour glory and power be unto
All
The Lamb
Solo: Ha
All: Blessing and honour
Solo: Lelujah
All: Blessing honour and power
Solo: Ha aaaaaaaaaa
All: Wisdom and strength and glory
Solo: Lelujah
All; Hallelujah Hallelu
Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah [2x]

Male: For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Halle halle
Hallelujah
For the Lord God omnipotent r-e-i-gneth
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, halle – e- e- lujah
The kingdom of our Lord
And of his Christ [X2]
And He shall reign for ever and ever [2X]

Solo: King of Kings
All: for ever and ever, hallelujah hallelujah
Solo: and Lord of Lords
All: For ever and ever
All: For ever and ever, hallelujah hallelujah
Solo: Lord of Lords
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
All:For ever and ever,
Solo: Lord of Lords
Hallelujah
Halle – lu jah

Halle
Hallelujah
Halle
Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Halle-e-e-lujah

Halle
Hallelujah
Halle
X3

Halle

Hallelujah
Halle
Lujah

Hallelujah

Halle
Hallelujah
3X
Lujah
Hallelujah

Halle
Hallelujah
3X

Halle
Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh
Lu
Jah
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2010
"Abide With Us"

TEXT: Luke 24:14-35

"But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And he went in to tarry with them" (Luke 24:29).

Some people have had encounters with angels of God without knowing. When Abraham had some special visitors, he never knew they were from God. Their manner of discussion revealed their nature.

In our text today, the two disciples on their journey to the city of Emmaus were oblivious of the nature of the man that joined them on the way. Discussions were to later reveal to them that he was the risen Christ. The disciples were engaged in a good discussion that had eternal value. They were ruminating over the events of the last few days in Jerusalem. Their hearts went out to the Son of God who was unjustly crucified. They were in a confused state as to what would be the outcome of all the injustices. Even when Jesus feigned ignorance of the topic of discussion and Cleopas had to ask him, "Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem and hast not known the things which are come to pass in these days?", they were very cautious in their utterances without being abusive to the powers that be.

Their disposition drew Jesus closer to them and He began to expound the scriptures to them. The passage tells us that their eyes were opened after Jesus had broken bread with them. In our society, there are developments that elicit daily comments. As believers, how do we run our commentaries? How do we react when we are unjustly treated? Do we speak like unbelievers in matters that require intercession?

The usual thing could have been for the disciples to begin to curse and swear because their Lord was unjustly treated. Yet, they kept their cool because they were fully persuaded that the scriptures must be fulfilled.

Many believers miss their blessings owing to wrong attitudes. If the two disciples had delved into name-calling and other carnal manifestations, they would have missed the rare opportunity of being with the resurrected Christ. Prepare, you may be privileged to host the Lord today. He can abide with you today if your heart and life are so prepared.

Thought for the day: "A truly holy life commands a gracious closer walk with God"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29am On Oct 12, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by olangela: 3:54am On Oct 12, 2010
Hello everyone in christ Jesus. i am in real trouble! I have been going through a serious demonic or occult oppression. I used to see people complaining either on tv or newspapers about this. I never knew this would happen to me. Although i had a strange dream a month before this oppression started. This has been over a year and 2 months. I feel like someone or a presence is around me 24/7 so you can imagine the burden i am carrying. i've tried to shut this off by praying but it is still prevalent I feel like dying everyday because i cannot sleep. If it is not horrible dreams, it will be in form daily setbacks and so forth. I have prayed and prayed but i am still going through this. pls pray for me because this is spiritual toture because i am in so much fear. as i am writing this i am crying .pls fellow brethren help me pray. iam alone in this matter. no body or even some pastors do not fully comprehend this issue. My sister is also experiencing this so that is how i know this is real and i am not overreacting. occultism is real for people who are doubting it. I ask my self why would this happen to me. I DO NOT KNOW WHO COULD HAVE WISHED THIS ON ME!! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME I AM AFRAID I MIGHT DIE SERIOUSLY! I ALSO NEED SOMEONE I COULD TALK TO.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2010
From Despair to Joy

TEXT: Luke 24:36-53

"And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:  And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God Amen" (Luke 24:52,53).

When the Psalmist proclaimed, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made," he certainly did not refer only to his physiological make-up. He would also have alluded to the complex emotional composition of man. One of such complexities is the ability of man to transit from despair to joy and vice versa. Have you ever watched a sobbing child who suddenly gets excited by a joyful happening? Notice how distorted facial muscles thaw up, giving way to jubilant smile.

The Disciples of Christ experienced a similar transition as recorded in today’s text. Following the crucifixion of Christ, His disciples fell into the grip of fear and uncertainty. As they huddled together in an obscure centre in Jerusalem licking their wounds, the risen Christ appeared to them. So intense was their despair that the sight of Christ further terrified them – they took Him for a spirit. Christ’s reassuring words to them, "Peace be unto you", was more than a compliment. When the Prince of peace Himself bids us peace, it should settle the most troubled heart.

Christ, with infallible proofs that appealed to the disciple’s senses of sight and touch, convinced them that it was He. He at once dined with them and handed them the great commission that "repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations". As beneficiaries of God’s saving grace through Christ, the onus was on the disciples to take the gospel to the world. For this, the Holy Ghost’s power was promised. Observe how the disciples’ despair turned to joy as they interacted with the Lord who also took them all the way to Bethany where He blessed them and parted with them by ascending to heaven.

When Christ gets into your situation, He turns your despair into joy. Yet, His abiding presence is with us. He had to open the understanding of the disciples to understand the scriptures. If you can this day truly pray for the Spirit’s illumination of your mind to understand the plan of God, how wonderful your life will be. As a recipient of this grace, the Lord also expects us to join in the rescue of others from the shackles of sin and despair.

Thought for the day:  "He who truly encounters Christ leaves His presence a better and happier person"

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2010
Be aware and be informed that things will change, and have changed.
This is My doing.
Let it be. Let it happen.
Be God's supple, flexible and obedient child, full of trust in your Lord.
The sun and the moon will change (stable things that you take for granted as always being there).
Your life pattern will change.
All this is from Me, to prepare you for what is coming.
You must "go out" to meet the bridegroom.
Moses had to "turn aside" from his intended goal to see My glory in the burning bush.
So change is necessary, even if it is a challenge to you personally.
Just go along with it.
Don't buck it.
Satisfy My heart with your acceptance of My will.

Exodus 3:3  Then Moses said, "I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn."

Matthew 25:1  Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.