Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116347 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2010
wink

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2010
Daily Manna

True Freedom from Jesus.
Sunday, January 24, 2010

TEXT: Leviticus 25:1-17

"And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family" (Leviticus 25:10).

During the political independence celebrations of any country, a display of pomp and pageantry is never in short supply; what with the capital cities being festooned with the ceremonial march past of a detachment of the local troops, the symbolic handing over of the scepter of government to the emerging leader. Fanfare and unbridled excitement fill the air. It is always a joyous moment indeed for the freed people, enjoying liberty.

In the passage for reading today, God, in His omniscience and wisdom declaring a period of freedom for Israelites who through no fault of theirs, had been taken captive and deployed as slaves by their fellow countrymen. This is the sovereignty, love and mercy of God in graphic display - that any slave held for forty–nine years must be released at the fiftieth year by their owners to start a new life.

One can imagine the feeling of euphoria that would fill the heart of such a person who had had his freedom withheld. Regrettably, however, one discovers that the people or person so set free still lives in shackles and chain of sin which is worse than every other bondage. Many sinners wish to break away from their sinful habits of smoking, adultery, fornication, stealing and other abominable practices but could not in spite of their knowledge of the consequences of such habits – lung cancer, hardening of the liver, sexually transmitted diseases, etc.

Like Paul the apostle lamented before his conversion: "O wretched man that I am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" (Romans 7:24). Thank God, Jesus Christ - the Lamb was slain to atone for our sins and bring salvation to us. All that the sinner needs do is to repent of his sins and embrace God’s offer of salvation. Are you ready to do so?

Thought for today: Jesus is the answer to the problem of sin.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2010
Where Is Wisdom? 
January 24, 2010

"But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding"? (Job 28:12)

Men have been searching for this most valuable of all treasures since time began.  Eve first fell into sin as she was led by Satan to believe that the forbidden fruit would make her wise.  Even before Abram left U r of the Chaldees, the patriarch Job was asking this ancient question of his three critical friends, but they could not answer.

In this chapter, Job notes that while valuable metals can be dug from the rocks of the earth (Job 28:1-2), wisdom cannot be mined by hard searching and labour.  Neither can it be purchased like some commodity (vv. 13-19).  In terms of modern categories, wisdom is not acquired through college degrees or philosophical meditation, or any variety of human experience or study.

It can only be found in God Himself, for "God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof" (Job 28:23).  "The fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding" (Job 28:28).

True wisdom is to be found in the Lord Jesus, "who of God is made unto us wisdom" (1 Corinthians 1:30).  In Him alone "are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Colossians 2:3).

Then, of course, since the Holy Scriptures constitute His written Word, we find wisdom there.  "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom" (Colossians 3:16).

If one desires wisdom--real wisdom--he must find it in the fear of the Lord, a departure from all evil, receiving Jesus Christ as Saviour and sovereign Lord, and in diligence to learn and obey His Word.  "For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly" (Proverbs 2:6-7). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Jan 25, 2010
Daily Manna

God’s Promise of Abundance.
Monday, January 25, 2010

TEXT: Leviticus 25:18-34

"And if ye shall say, What shall we eat the seventh year? behold, we shall not sow, nor gather in our increase: Then I will command my blessing upon you in the sixth year, and it shall bring forth fruit for three years" (Leviticus 25:20,21).

A saint once said, "I have no husband, and yet I am no widow, my Maker is my husband. I have no father or friend, and yet I am neither fatherless nor friendless; my God is both my father and my friend. I have no child, but is not He better to me than ten children? I have no house, but yet I have a home, I have made the Most High my habitation. I am left alone, but yet I am not alone, my God is good company for me; with him I can walk, with him I can take sweet counsel, find sweet repose; at my lying down, at my rising up, whilst I am in the house, or as I walk by the way, my God is ever with me; with him I travel, I dwell, I lodge, I live, and shall live for ever."

The Israelites were directed to observe every seventh year as a sabbatical year when they came into the Promised Land.  During the period, there was to be no tillage of the land, and yet there would be sufficient provision for man and beast.  Several laws and rules concerning the sale of and redemption of lands, and the differences between those in walled cities and those in villages and suburbs were put in place to make a reservation for the poor.  God promised safety and plenty in the seventh year to encourage the observance of it.

God’s promise of miraculous increase in production was fulfilled to the letter.  By the power of His omnipotence, He could generate a hundred fold from the same piece of land to provide abundantly for the needs of His people provided they put their trust in Him and obey all His commandments.

With a little oil in the cruse, and a handful of meal in the barrel, Elijah outlived the famine, and you will do the same. The darkest cloud shall scatter itself in showers of mercy.  The blackest gloom shall give place to the morning.

Thought for today: Expect a miracle of abundance.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2010
Strength and Courage

Here is strength and courage for you--take My strength and take My
courage, and be clothed with these two. It is not your own strength
and courage that will sustain you in these troubled time. Your own
strength and courage is limited. It will come to an end, but My
strength and courage are everlasting. Like a small boat that comes
alongside a great ship, draw near to Me. Draw near to Me, My child,
and I will draw near to you.

Remember that drawing near is not just a discipline, but a relationship.
Discipline, by itself, will come to an end and is somewhat toothless
without relationship. Many have made this mistake, replacing
relationship with discipline. It is the legalistic way. It doesn't
work. Disciplines come to an end when you are tired and discouraged
and disappointed. But My relationship holds strong in all seasons, for
it an agreement between two parties. When you are weak, I am strong. I
am always strong for you. Let Me carry the load, and believe that I am
more than willing to carry it for you.

Believe, My child, that access to My very throne room is made available
to you. You can come at any time. My hearts desire is to come alongside.
What I would teach you more in these days is to take My yoke upon you,
for it is not heavy. It simply connects you to My source of strength and
courage. Remember who I am and remember what is contained in My name.
Draw near by coming alongside. Throw a line up to the bridge and connect
to My strength and courage for you.

But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in
  the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.  (Psalm 73:28 KJV) 

Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of
  faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty
  conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 
(Heb 10:22 NIV) 
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Jan 25, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Jan 25, 2010
Seeing the Father 
January 25, 2010

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning"? (James 1:17)

James used three unique words in his description of the heavenly Father.  The Greek phrase is ouk eni parallage e tropes aposkiasma.  A good translation would be, "There is not any possibility of change nor place for a shadow to turn."  Certainly, this is similar to John’s critical message: "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5).

We are told that the Lord Jesus, the Word "made flesh" (John 1:14), is "the light of the world" (John 8:12).  Moreover, because He is also the "Lord of lords, and King of kings" (Revelation 17:14), He is the only one who "hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen" (1 Timothy 6:16).  The great paradoxical mystery of the triune Godhead can only be seen and understood as we recognized the Lord Jesus Christ as "the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2:9).  Philip once wanted to "see the Father."  Jesus simply told him, and us, "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John 14:9).

No wonder, then, that when we are given a physical description of the resurrected Christ (the only physical description of the Lord Jesus, by the way), He is described by John as such: "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace" (Revelation 1:14-15).  Centuries earlier, Daniel saw the preincarnate Word and noted: "His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass" (Daniel 10:6). All of us would do well to "see" our Lord this way when we seek His face in prayer. HMM III
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51am On Jan 26, 2010
Daily Manna

My Brother's Keeper.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TEXT: Leviticus 25:35–55

"And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him" (Leviticus 25:35).

As we go about our daily affairs, many of us can hardly spare a moment for the person next door.  The rat-race has so consumed a lot of us that what happens to the next person does not matter.  We care not about our kinsmen not to talk of others.  Many of us cannot even spare a moment for our suffering fellow pilgrims.  Unfortunately, many of our brethren suffer because of our indifference.  God is drawing our attention to such situations.  He says, "If thy brother (that includes sisters too) be waxen poorthen thou shalt relieve him."  God is talking first about our brethren in the household of faith.  He says, there will always be poor people around us.  But what does He expect us to do concerning the poor among us? Relieve him or her.

There are those who are indebted to us and cannot pay.  We are not expected to continue to press them for the repayment.  God says, "Relieve him."  Some of us put our neighbours into perpetual poverty because, we lend to them on interest.  They are never able to pay off because of the inhuman high interest rate. God says relieve them.  You should not lend with interest to your brother, you are not to exploit your brother.

God expects that you will not allow your brother to serve with rigour or in slavish condition with another person. You are expected to redeem him.  How can you watch an unbeliever turn your fellow believer to a slave?  Relieve him: your brother cannot be slave to you not to talk of any other person because he is a servant and child of God.

Look around today and find those you are to relieve and do it immediately.  God wants you to help your brother and bring him out of bondage.

Thought for today: The merciful shall obtain mercy.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23am On Jan 26, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2010
Whom to Pray For 
January 26, 2010

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men"? (1 Timothy 2:1)

Let no one ever say that he has nothing to pray about, or that he doesn't know how to pray in God's will, for it is always in the will of God to pray for other people!  This is a great gift that any Christian can give, even if he is penniless or bedridden.  There are none so poor as to be unable to afford such a gift, nor can even the wealthiest give a finer gift.

Note just a few of the relevant commandments to believers: First, we are to pray for all fellow Christians: "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints" (Ephesians 6:18).  We should also pray for the lost.  Jesus commanded: "The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest" (Luke 10:2).

There is a special command to pray for sick disciples.  "Pray one for another, that ye may be healed" (James 5:16).  We are even told to pray for our enemies.  "Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you" (Luke 6:28).

We are told to pray for Christian brethren who "sin a sin which is not unto death" (1 John 5:16), though if the sin has already led to physical death (as in 1 Corinthians 11:30), there is no warrant for further prayer in that case.  Finally, we are especially admonished to pray "for kings, and for all that are in authority" (1 Timothy 2:2), and for the ministries of those who proclaim the gospel (Colossians 4:2-4).  In short, in the words of our text, we should offer up supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving for all men everywhere, "for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 8:48am On Jan 26, 2010
I heard this testimony for the first time years ago. The Lord brought it to my rememberance a few days ago. I have been sharing it with everyone that I know. I feel led to post it here, as well. It is the testimony of Pastor Daniel Ekechukwu, another powerful witness to provoke us to refrain from the  unforgiveness and bitterness within us. Please this is in 5 parts so you will need to watch all parts beginning with this one. God bless you and if bitterness and unforgiveness lives in your bosom, I implore you to allow God to tear it out and fill you with his love and compassion!

"Heaven and Hell: Raised From The Dead"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeirHzre-5E&feature=related
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20am On Jan 26, 2010
Henrygirl:

I heard this testimony for the first time years ago. The Lord brought it to my rememberance a few days ago. I have been sharing it with everyone that I know. I feel led to post it here, as well. It is the testimony of Pastor Daniel Ekechukwu, another powerful witness to provoke us to refrain from the unforgiveness and bitterness within us. Please this is in 5 parts so you will need to watch all parts beginning with this one. God bless you and if bitterness and unforgiveness lives in your bosom, I implore you to allow God to tear it out and fill you with his love and compassion!

"Heaven and Hell: Raised From The Dead"

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeirHzre-5E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeirHzre-5E&feature=related

Thanks for posting this video. I remember posting his testimony some time ago in the post below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-186815.32.html#bot
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:38am On Jan 26, 2010
With love from JESUS to his BRIDE :

Many of My people are lying prostrate, exhausted and broken from the long years of breaking in the wilderness
I have allowed them to walk through, but oh My Beloveds if you can just manage to whisper My Son’s name in an adoring whisper
I WILL HEAR AND ANSWER YOU WITH RESTORATION.
I see many of My Bride laying tattered and torn, worn out an broken and yet this is the set time for restoration of all,
YES MY BELOVEDS I SAID RESTORATION OF ALL THAT PERTAINS TO YOU AND YES BELOVEDS THAT INCLUDES YOUR MIND, SPIRIT,
SOUL AND BODY, AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES AND ALL YOU HAVE LOST AND THE ENEMY OF YOUR SOUL
HAS STOLEN FROM YOU THROUGH THE WILDERNESS SEASON.
JUST WHISPER THE NAME OF JESUS, ALL THINGS ARE FULFILLED IN HIM, ALL PROVISION IS IN HIM,
ALL HEALING AND RESTORATION IS IN HIM, JUST WHISPER THE NAME OF JESUS AND I WILL COME TO YOU MY SON, MY DAUGHTER.

Isaiah 43:
1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Thanks for posting this video. I remember posting his testimony some time ago in the post below.

Dear Brother in Christ, I have visited the thread you mentioned and it pains me to see the reproach the unbelievers display towards the things of God and you, his servant. I will say, keep up the good fight of faith and continue to tell them, compelling them to be mindful of the times and signs. I pray that you and Grace5, as well as the Body of Christ be filled to overflowing as the anointing is being poured out to the souls of this world. God help us in these trying and difficult times when the hearts of men are waxing cold, eyes blinded and ears deafened to Truth. I encourage you to keep on keeping on OLAADEGBU! I admire you and Grace5 for your fervor and faithfulness to the spreading of the Gospel of our Lord. I pray that the Armor of God continue to cover us all from the fiery darts of the enemy, especially when they are the vile words of those we are called to minister. It deeply hurts a true believer when people say all manner of evil and disbelieve our gracious and loving Savior. Your reward will be great! God bless you!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:14am On Jan 27, 2010
[b]Let there be no misunderstanding concerning the "open contempt" that I shall show forth [through a holy people] against Satan and his forces in this last of the last hour. For truly I say to you, I shall send forth My faithful and obedient ones to "crush" the spirits of rebellion and darkness and death that - up until now - have kept vast multitudes of My precious ones in a place far, far below the "fullness" of their inheritance [salvation] in Christ. In these days, there is a "final warning" going forth to all those who have held [through a "spirit of unbelief and fear"] to the "security" and the "comfort" that the "world" falsely "promotes". Truly I say to you, all that is "held to" in a "spirit of compromise" by My people shall be ripped away [stolen] and, thus, they shall reap the harvest of a house [life - ministry] built upon the "sand". For in this hour the only safe place shall be found in the center of My will, and the only peace that shall be found will be found in the heart and mind that is "filled" with the revealed knowledge of My Word [Will] [Philippians 4:7]. And, truly I say to you, this "rock of revealed knowledge" dwelling [abiding] in the hearts of all those who are faithful and true shall be "impenetrable" by Satan and His forces, and their light shall shine brighter than the brightest star - and this shall create an "open window" over the nations in the glorious days ahead. And the "spirits of religion" that have held back millions in bondage to darkness through a "false religion" shall be thoroughly devastated, and multitudes shall be gloriously set free and they shall bask in the power and the light that "flows forth" through a Glorious Church - unto a perfect liberty, in Christ. And not only shall Satan be powerless to stop this, he shall be devastated at every turn - THEN, in the fullness of time, the "catching away"!
[/b]

, "Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name? And then I will say to them openly (publicly), I never knew you [intimately]; depart from Me, you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]. [Ps. 6:8.] So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts upon them [obeying them] will be like a sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man who built his house upon the rock. And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them will be like a silly (foolish) man who built his house upon the sand. And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell--and great and complete was the fall of it",  Matthew 7:21-27 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Image123(m): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2010
It's not exactly my 'desire' to post this here since it's already on the Today's Rhema thread but I'm led to, so, Psalm 27v14

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

World records are the envy of all. Everyone strives to set a new record. A world record, such prestige. Breaking records usually involve speed.
We live in a world of speed. There's constant pursuit for improvement, finishing well and finishing early. We're subject to time but God is not. God is a Spirit, and we must worship Him in spirit and truth. God is the eternal God. We need to wait on Him.
Anxiety and fear are built on time and speed. People are anxious/afraid because they're not yet rich, not yet married, no children, 3months and no job, he's not yet come back home etc. We all want it all to happen now now, fast fast. But to enjoy God this year and the rest of your life, wait, I say, on the Lord . Waiting takes courage. Be courageous, and He shall strengthen! Wow, think on that!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2010
Image123:

It's not exactly my 'desire' to post this here since it's already on the Today's Rhema thread but I'm led to, so, Psalm 27v14

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

World records are the envy of all. Everyone strives to set a new record. A world record, such prestige. Breaking records usually involve speed.
We live in a world of speed. There's constant pursuit for improvement, finishing well and finishing early. We're subject to time but God is not. God is a Spirit, and we must worship Him in spirit and truth. God is the eternal God. We need to wait on Him.
Anxiety and fear are built on time and speed. People are anxious/afraid because they're not yet rich, not yet married, no children, 3months and no job, he's not yet come back home etc. We all want it all to happen now now, fast fast. But to enjoy God this year and th
e rest of your life, wait, I say, on the Lord . Waiting takes courage. Be courageous, and He shall strengthen! Wow, think on that!

Thanks for posting.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:58am On Jan 27, 2010
Radical Faith in a Radical God
[b]
Believe and receive. I have said it to you many times.
The faith I need to see is extreme, outrageous and courageous faith, like that of Joshua.
I need to see radical faith to believe in a radical God, preposterous faith to believe for the inconceivable.
I mean this. I am intently serious about this.
Stretch your faith as you would stretch your body.
Ask for outrageous things based on the word of God and believe for them.
Ask me for a 100-fold harvest on something you have sown in faith and believe.
You will get it. I will prove My Self to you.
See if I will not pour out from the windows of heaven a blessing you cannot contain.
I will be happy to overwhelm you.
Step out now and practice.
To run the race with success you must stretch not only your muscles but your faith to push to the next level of physical achievement.
The analogy holds. Practice. Stretch.
Seek and ye shall find. I'm ready to do the preposterous and unthinkable -- to blow your mind.
But I need and rely on you to "meet Me in the air," i.e., to meet Me halfway with your strong,
durable and radical faith. Amen.[/b]

Psalm 85:11 Truth shall spring up from the earth and righteousness shall look down from heaven.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:08pm On Jan 28, 2010
Control

The enemy wants to control you.
I want to bless you.
He wants to take everything away from you.
He wants you to suffer.
I want you to have happy hearts, contented hearts.

Don’t give way to his voice.
Don’t listen to his instructions.
He wants to control you.
He wants to send you reeling, wandering aimlessly.

I want to give you the best, My best.
There is nothing finer than the blessing of the Lord God Almighty.
Bear this in mind, beloved.  Bear this truth in mind:  The enemy wants to control you.
He offers no benefits, none at all.
But your God wants to bless you, and how does He bless you?
He blesses you when you walk in obedience to His will for you.
That is the way, the best way that you can travel through this life.
That is the only way that brings heart peace –
 the only way!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by youngestpr(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
God is good and is always good.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
"He Reigns" by the Newsboys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMT_kAD6cOg&feature=PlayList&p=B94CAEC2D5BE7406&index=62&playnext=3&playnext_from=PL

Lyrics:

It’s the song of the redeemed
Rising from the African plain
It’s the song of the forgiven
Drowning out the Amazon rain
The song of Asian believers
Filled with God’s holy fire
It’s every tribe, every tongue, every nation
A love song born of a grateful choir

It’s all God’s children singing
Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns
Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns

Let it rise about the four winds
Caught up in the heavenly sound
Let praises echo from the towers of cathedrals
To the faithful gathered underground
Of all the songs sung from the dawn of creation
Some were meant to persist
Of all the bells rung from a thousand steeples
None rings truer than this

And all the powers of darkness
Tremble at what they’ve just heard
‘Cause all the powers of darkness
Can’t drown out a single word

When all God’s children sing out
Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns
All God’s people singing
Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 11:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
Henrygirl:

"He Reigns" by the Newsboys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMT_kAD6cOg&feature=PlayList&p=B94CAEC2D5BE7406&index=62&playnext=3&playnext_from=PL

Lyrics:

It’s the song of the redeemed
Rising from the African plain
It’s the song of the forgiven
Drowning out the Amazon rain
The song of Asian believers
Filled with God’s holy fire
It’s every tribe, every tongue, every nation
A love song born of a grateful choir

Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns
Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns

Let it rise about the four winds
Caught up in the heavenly sound
Let praises echo from the towers of cathedrals
To the faithful gathered underground
Of all the songs sung from the dawn of creation
Some were meant to persist
Of all the bells rung from a thousand steeples
None rings truer than this

And all the powers of darkness
Tremble at what they’ve just heard
‘Cause all the powers of darkness
Can’t drown out a single word

When all God’s children sing out
Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns
All God’s people singing
Glory, glory, hallelujah
He reigns, He reigns

that is my song, thanks girl kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2010
na2day?:

that is my song, thanks girl kiss kiss kiss

It is THE song! I love it! How have you been Baby Bro? I miss ya! Africa is beckoning me and I am running into her embrace! Africa is my Mother! I absolutely love her! We are a royal priesthood, a peculiar people of all tribes and tongues! Hallelujah! We are the Original Family! Man, you don got me started nah! grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 1:00am On Jan 29, 2010
Henrygirl:

It is THE song! I love it! How have you been Baby Bro? I miss ya! Africa is beckoning me and I am running into her embrace! Africa is my Mother! I absolutely love her! We are a royal priesthood, a peculiar people of all tribes and tongues! Hallelujah! We are the Original Family! Man, you don got me started nah! grin grin grin

lol, keep rollin, dont stop! grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 5:56am On Jan 29, 2010
My Christian sisters and I have adopted a new slogan: "God is great and favor ain't fair!"  grin grin grin

youngestpr:

God is good and is always good.

I wholeheartedly concur! Thanks for posting. smiley
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2010
   Now you shall enter into the fullness of all that I have for you, My beloved ones.

, "But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son",  Galatians 4:4a NASB

+       The "feelings" [pressures] that arise while one is bearing another's burden [spiritually in intercessory prayer] are "transitory". So endure [in faith, love and obedience] until the victory [breakthrough] is obtained - knowing [having a revelation of the fact] that your prayers have not been in vain, and that they will bear much fruit for the Kingdom in the glorious days ahead.

"transitory" - existing for a short time only; passing;

, "Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ",  Galatians 6:2 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2010
[size=14pt]LOVE  THEM ANYWAY

People are unreasonable, illogical and self-centered.
LOVE THEM anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
DO GOOD anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
SUCCEED anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
DO GOOD anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
BE HONEST AND FRANK anyway.

The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the
smallest people with the smallest minds.
THINK BIG anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
FIGHT FOR THE UNDERDOG anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
BUILD anyway.

People really need help, but may attack you if you help them.
HELP THEM anyway.

Give the world the best you’ve got and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
GIVE THE WORLD THE BEST YOU’VE GOT anyway.[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Akole(m): 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2010
Wisdom in words! I like this.perfect love increases ur FAITH LEVEL.its a revelation,now am talking about the LOVE described by elder paul in 1cor.13:4-8.remember''perfect LOVE casts out fear'' i was pondering on this 4 quite a while until the HOLYSPIRIT made it clear to me! So pls walk in love nd watch fear flee!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2010
[b]VICTORY IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
THE BLOOD OF JESUS IS THE BLOOD OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER
WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE IS NO REMISSION OF SINS
THERE IS NO DELIVERANCE FROM SATANIC PRISONS
THE BLOOD OF JESUS DESTROY SATANIC STRONGHOLD.
THE BLOOD OF JESUS DISARM PRINCIPALITIES AND POWER OF THERE HOLD
ON MAN.
ALL LEGAL LAWS,SCROLL ARE BROKEN
THE BLOOD GIVES US ACCESS TO THE THRONE OF OF GOD
THE BLOOD OF JESUS MAKES US A NEW CREATURE.
WE UNDER GRACE NOT UNDER CURSE
WE ARE IN LIGHT NOT IN DARKNESS
UNDER MERCY NOT UNDER CONDEMNATION
WE ARE HEIRS OF GOD
THE BLOOD RESTORE MAN TO PRE-FALL STATE OF ADAM
WE BECOMES LIKE JESUS
YES THE BLOOD RESORE GOD PRESENCE TO MAN

AS A NEW TESTAMENT BELIVER PURCHASED BY THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
YOU CAN DEMAND RESTORATION IN WHAT DEVIL HAVE STOLEN FROM YOU.
USE THE BLOOD TO SHATTERED DEMONIC STRONGHOLD IN YOUR LIFE.
DEMAND BY FAITH FOR 10 FOLD RESTORATION OF WHAT YOU HAVE LOST.
PLEAD THE BLOOD ON WHAT YOU HAVE YOUR FUTURE ,CHILDREN,PROPERTIES,
MIND,THOUGHT LIFE ,BODY,MINISTRY,ANOINTING,WALK WITH GOD,FINANCES.
CANCEL ANY EVIL PROCLAMATION ON YOUR LIFE,CURSES,CHANTING,DIVINATION.
DESTROY EVIL AGREEMENT OR COVENANT BY ANY AN DEMONIC SPIRIT,FALLEN ANGEL,WITCHCRAFT,SORCERER.
BLOOD SACRIFICE.NO POWER CAN STAND THE BLOOD OF JESUS.
STAND TALL AS YOU HAVE VICTORY IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS.

THANKS[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:35am On Feb 01, 2010
On behalf of henrygirl (similar video with lyrics)

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_io6j1EytGA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:46am On Feb 01, 2010
Given by Inspiration
February 1, 2010

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works"? (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

This passage is the most definitive of all passages on the inspiration of the Bible. It explicitly repudiates all the false concepts which men have developed to try to escape this vital doctrine.

For example, it repudiates the humanistic theory of inspiration, which says that the writers were "inspired" with the same quality of exalted feelings that inspired other great writers. But this verse attributes it not to human inspiration, but to the "inspiration of God."

Then, there is the partial theory of inspiration, which says that part of the Bible is inspired (the "religious" parts), but that part of it is not (the scientific and historical parts). But our verse says that all Scripture is inspired! The dynamic theory says the thoughts are inspired, but not the words. However, it is the Scriptures that are inspired, not the thoughts of the men who wrote them. The "Scriptures" mean the "writings"--[/i]the actual words written.

The encounter theory says the Scriptures are not inspired in themselves, but only become inspired when a reader [i]"encounters"
God through reading them. This, also, is false. The Scriptures are inspired regardless of how they affect the reader. Actually, the phrase "given by inspiration of God" is one word in the Greek, meaning "God-breathed."

Thus, plenary verbal inspiration and complete divine origin and authority of all the Holy Scriptures is the true biblical doctrine. When one does accept the God-breathed authority of Scripture, however, he has an infinite resource, serving as an inerrant framework for all true wisdom and knowledge, and leading him into full maturity in the Christian life. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Pharoh: 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2010
Thank you all for this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.