Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116069 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 4:20am On Feb 12, 2010
"Great Is Thy Faithfulness" by CeCe Winans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60o3UP4Kjwg

Lyrics included within the video.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 4:33am On Feb 12, 2010
Good day my Sisters and Brothers in Christ. I have missed you all so much. I am blessed catching up on the posts for this week. I am heavy at heart on behalf of a loved one whose faith has been wholly tried. "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life" (Proverbs 13:12). This is what the Holy Spirit whispered into my heart, concerning this dear one. My soul cries out for the Lord to keep their faith strong through a divine revelation in their heart. Please pray for my loved one, as God leads you. I thank you all so much. Also pray that my strength endures the intercession until God has completed use of me in this assignment. Thank you again.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Feb 12, 2010
Daily Manna

Take Heart.
Friday, February 12, 2010

TEXT: LUKE 21:5–24

"And it shall turn to you for a testimony" (Luke 21:13).

The end of the world is drawing nearer by the day. All that Jesus said about the signs of the end are already being experienced. As the end draws nearer, the devil, our arch-enemy seems to be on the prowl with tougher and fiercer temptations, trials and persecutions. We see activities of false christs; we hear of wars and rumour of wars, commotions, kingdom rising against one another, great earthquakes, famines, pestilences (HIV/AIDS, swine flu, etc.) terrible sights and unimaginable degree of sin.

The counsel of the Redeemer for the expectant believers is that they become watchful and vigilant so that they will not be deceived or terrified by the terrible things happening around them because not an hair of them will perish without the Father’s knowledge.

These are perilous times indeed and many things that are capable of taking believers out of the way are happening. Many fervent ones have denied the faith because of problems, others because they are denied their rights or because of discouragement. May be, your situation is not too cheering and you are now barely in the kingdom. Jesus says, be patient. You can only possess your soul in your patience. You can’t stop now. It is too late to turn back now. You must hold on. Don’t deny the Lord because if you do, it will be regrettable.

All these trials, temptations, persecutions will, if you hold on to the end, "turn to you for a testimony". Take heart; hold on; the Lord will soon appear.

Thought for today: The Lord is already in the horizon.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2010
Henrygirl:

"Great Is Thy Faithfulness" by CeCe Winans

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60o3UP4Kjwg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60o3UP4Kjwg

Lyrics included within the video.

Inspiring hymn.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
My perfect purpose is accomplished in ALL things, My beloved one. Even the greatest attacks of the Enemy against you turn into the perfect opportunity for you to gloriously overcome through an absolute faith and trust in Me. Have no fear - KNOWING [having a revelation of the fact] that NO weapon formed against you shall [or is] prospering and, that, [as you seek to maintain a perfect obedience before Me] ALL things work together for not only your greatest good but also for the greatest eternal benefit of all those in your sphere of existence.

, "No weapon that is formed against you will prosper", Isaiah 54:17a NASB

, "we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love [obey] God, to those who are called according to His purpose", Romans 8:28 NASB

, "If you love Me, you will keep [obey] My commandments", John 14:15 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
One Sacrifice Forever
February 12, 2010

"But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God" (Hebrews 10:12)

Ever since Cain and Abel brought their offerings to the Lord in the first generation, and Noah "offered burnt offerings on the altar" after the Flood (Genesis 8:20), and then especially after God through Moses established the regular tabernacle offerings, including "the sin offering, and the burnt offering, and peace offerings" (Leviticus 9:22), it has somehow been understood everywhere that God (or "the gods" in pagan cultures) must be approached and appeased by sacrificial offerings, with innocent animals substituting for those offering them.

This was still true among Jewish worshippers of the true God even in Jesus' day, and they all understood that "without shedding of blood is no remission" (Hebrews 9:22). In those days, "every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins" (Hebrews 10:11) just tentatively "cover" them.

But no more! Now, in personal faith, we need simply to "behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" (John 1:29). "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified" (Hebrews 10:14). When we put our full trust in Him, "we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all" and He has promised that "their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. . . . there is no more offering for sin" (Hebrews 10:10, 17-18).

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. . . . For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry" (Hebrews 9:28; 10:37). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jatwill(m): 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2010
fello brothers and sisters. I HAVE A BORDEN pls let us join force and pray for nigeria our country. most expecially our president. don't forget that seat have spiritual powers that need to be distroy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
Dig Deeper Wells
Dig Deeper wells, My Children
You have been changed for My  Glory
Promotion comes from Me I will give you a  reward
I will calm the seas
The next time you hear my voice harden not your heart, My sheep  know My
voice
A great move of the Spirit is about o take  place
January has been a month of  preparation
February will be a month of  action
Do all that I?ve called you to do
The open door is here
You will give more love to the  unlovable
Open up your heart and give to the  poor
The poor in spirit, the poor in need of  comfort
The storm has passed over, rest and enjoy the  peace
Lead don?t follow, may have been lead  astray
Remember even the very elect will be  deceived
The joy of the Lord will be your  strength
Proclaim healing today, you are at the beginning of a new  adventure with
Me
Just trust Me and I will take you where My plans  lead
Remember keep your armor on the whole armor of  God
Blessings
Claudia  Mondesire
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by streamgold(m): 10:42pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hello Beloved,

I want to thank God for your life, and I pray our Father in Heaven that He will strengnten our life and we shall be made worthy when He shall appear in His Glory above keep on in the work of the Father IT IS WELL WITH YOU ALL IN JESUS NAME.

PLS, I will like you to check on this posting I just posted on the forum with the title MY FEAR IS THAT ARE YOU AMONG?
it's touching and I pray that Lord will strength us and we shall not miss His Kingdon Amen,
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2010
Daily Manna

Be Vigilant.
Saturday, February 13, 2010

TEXT: LUKE 21:25-37

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man" (Luke 21:36).

Naturally, the last words of a departing parent are usually held sacrosanct by his children. It is also said that the words of prayer made by a departing parent for his or her children in the form of blessing, most certainly come to pass.

It was against this backdrop that Esau became enraged against his brother, Jacob, when he learnt that he had cunningly obtained the blessing meant for him.

In the twilight of his earthly ministry, Jesus had decided to let His disciples into the programmes of the end of the world. He did not want them to be in the dark. After he had revealed the signs to watch out for, He urged them to "watch and pray always."

If Jesus could warn His disciples who were with Him at that time, it means we must take the warning more seriously. This is because the time is nearer now than when the warning was given.

Many believers have allowed the present circumstances in the economy to pull them away from the love of Christ. Some have also allowed themselves to be drawn away by the corrupting influence of the world. They have been so much entangled that they no longer watch and pray. A good number of believers who were once vibrant in their Christian life have become lethargic, and are now sleeping on guard.

We should watch and pray always so as not to be taken by surprise. The question is, how watchful and prayerful are you towards the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ? Be vigilant!

Thought for today: Soldiers in the battlefield do not sleep on guard.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2010
Alive with Christ
February 13, 2010

"Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him" (Romans 6:8-9)

The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead both guarantees the future bodily resurrection of the believer and associates us positionally with Him now. Since He died for our sins, we, in effect, were "dead with Christ." Therefore, when He defeated death and hell, and revived His own dead body in immortal power, He broke any dominion of death over Him or over those who were, positionally, with Him.

This is one of the grandest scriptural themes of the Christian life. We were dead with Christ, but now God "hath quickened us together with Christ" (Ephesians 2:5). Not only have we been "made alive" (1 Corinthians 15:22) with Him, but we have also been "raised" with Him up from the grave and then into heaven where we are "seated" with Him on His throne! "|God| hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:6).

This means also that we have been glorified with Him and are actually reigning with Him. "The Spirit |Himself| beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: . . . that we may be also glorified together" (Romans 8:16-17).

But if all this is only true in position, what meaning does His resurrection life have on our daily lives now? Simply this--that knowing these truths gives us the incentive and power to live them. "If |or, literally, 'since'| ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1-3). "For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you" (2 Corinthians 13:4). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2010
After 40 days of fasting and prayer, God gave this message to me here ,

The Lord speaks:My child, there will be tremendous and terrible storms
hitting this world and it will totally dwarf all what you have seen and
experienced before.

The political and economical situation of the world is not good. Even the
blind notices this. Everywhere there are tensions and crises.
Bad news chases bad news. It’s like it was with Job. Almost no one knows
of any advice. And all around us there is neither help nor satisfactory
solutions for this situation. Governments themselves are stuck in a gridlock
where nothing moves in either direction. Other than bells and whistles, it’s
all hollow words - there’s just nothing there.

Lo and behold my children, for you, I’ve got a solution. You shall find
shelter and refuge with Me. Here, you will surely survive all these coming
apocalyptic storms. Do neither count on your money nor on all this great
talking of the human greats, trust in My Spirit and Word (the bible) alone.
Be of good cheer, My good Spirit will take charge in guiding you. Listen to
him, listen to your inner voice and obey. It will be said to you at the very
moment how you should behave, whom you should follow and whom you
should trust. Also what you should acquire and what you should let go!
My Holy Spirit will tell your inner voice what you should say and what you
should keep to yourself. Your heart –filled with My Spirit- will know the
truth and will act accordingly. And do not fret the results.
Your obeying Me will pay off und will save you just like it once did Noah.

My child, surrender all fears and worries to Me, says the Lord. Just cling
to me, worship me and be one with Me, talk with Me, ask in your prayers,
and I will answer concretely. Continue serving Me just like you have done
and “partially” acted upon in former days, and I will save and keep your
house save from all the impending catastrophes and crises. Be in Me and
do not fret about anything because I will make all things straight for you and
mend your “chaotic worldly condition” into a “cosmos” of good things.
I want to be your fellow “wanderer” on your ways, says the Lord.
I want to be with you, standing trustworthily at your side by giving you very
specific advice and counsel. Just listen to Me, hear my voice within you,
says the Lord. I am within you. I am going with you wherever you must go
and must go through. Do not be afraid, you have Me, says the Lord.
Be of good cheer and not disheartened.

My child – do not fear what will happen within the forthcoming days in
this world. I am the Lord of all times, even of these apocalyptic times.
I still control everything. Trust in Me. Do not become intimidated and sick
of fear. Do not fret the upcoming tests that will come upon you, that you will
have to master, I will stand by and help you. Seize my Word (bible) - take
and read it – in it you will find comfort and strength. By it I will speak to
you clearly and distinguished, I will reveal Myself to you by telling you
lifesaving solutions and answers. I will continue to be your shepherd and
guide. Don’t let anyone come and stand between us. Cling on Me, says the
Lord.

If you you have a need and I shall pray for you,
please write me just few lines.
I will bring it before the throne of God.

Pastor Joh.W.Matutis
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jatwill(m): 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2010
The Tongue's Antithetical Nature

James 3:9-12 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

While it should not be, such is the case due to our dual nature. Paul writes, "Live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want." Gal 5:16,17

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice." Eph 4:29-31

"Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. " Eph 5:4
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by lucaya: 2:15am On Feb 14, 2010
I am all over these forum just to find out one simple matter because I am a foreigner of African Origins, Is there anyone that can get a good travel agent in Nigeria, Lagos that can NOT TIEF people hard earn money, and provide details of how I can get my Nigerian Friend to visit my country,The Bahamas in the Caribbean? I WILL NOT loose hope in people of Nigeria, I have nothing to lose, but friends to gain.If you are sincere,full of God's Word then do good, and give HONEST help with this matter.

I have no ill intentions, but with everything there is a price, I guess, and I willing to pay it, than to think Nigeria is a huge place of no real integrity. my emailing address is lucaya1@gmail.com, look forward to a speedy reply.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2010

My grace is the key for you in these days.
Know that you are under My grace, and it is sufficient in any and all situations or circumstances that you encounter in the natural.
Rest in assurance and quiet confidence for you are covered by the Blood of the Lamb.
You sit on the mercy seat before Me, and I will treat you with favor and lovingkindness.
I watch over you in all things and will work out all to your good in My perfect will and timing.
Fret not because of evildoers and wicked men.
They know you are Mine and set themselves against you because of your love and loyalty unto Me and My ways.
Though it seems as if they now prosper in their ways, give it time.
All is turning back to Me for My purposes. Watch and wait for I will not let Mine be put to shame.
[/color]

[color=#990000]II Corinthians 12:

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions,
in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2010
Daily Manna

Who Is Your God?
Sunday, February 14, 2010

TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 25:11-16

"Wherefore the anger of the LORD was kindled against Amaziah, and he sent unto him a prophet, which said unto him, Why hast thou sought after the gods of the people, which could not deliver their own people out of thine hand" (2 Chronicles 25:15).

Some people, ironically seem to chart the path of their own destruction. The attitude of Amaziah in our text today is not only laughable but ridiculous. He had led Judah into battle against Edom and conquered. He killed up to twenty thousand Edomites. Surprisingly, however, he brought into Judah the gods of the children of Seirs (Edom) and adopted them as his God in place of the Almighty God, who gave him victory over Edom. It could easily pass for the highest form of foolishness that could be exhibited by any king on earth. If the gods of Edom were that powerful why didn’t they assist the Edomites to defeat the army of Judah?

Before you start to crucify Amaziah, examine your own life too. Are you sure you are not guilty of the sin of idolatry or ingratitude? Many today, have not only turned the benevolence of God into objects of worship, they are equally paying God back in a bad coin. All good gifts come from God, but many today worship the gifts rather than the Giver. Some who used to be fervent for God while they were unemployed have started to miss fellowship on the excuse of tight work schedules. There are some who were faithful to God when they were still looking up to Him for children. But as soon as the children came they place their interest over the service to God.

Remember, whatever takes your attention from God has become your god, and such action portends disastrous consequences. No wonder, "the anger of God was kindled against Amaziah". Worse of all, when God gave him the latitude to retrace his step, he spurned divine mercy. It is better to retrace your step now and return to God.

Thought for today: Heed the Master’s whistle.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:45pm On Feb 14, 2010

This is what the Son of the Living God says:

To all that  worship Me intensely I bring to you a new mantle of Praise and Worship that comes from My Innermost Being.

When you lift up your hands with your praise to Me You are fulfilling My Decree with Love and Devotion.

To those who have fallen and still praise My Holy Name I shall lift you up to a place of honor and grace.

To those who have been ravaged by the enemy I shall break all agreements of afflictions that were put in place by circumstances not of your own.     
Faithfulness is the key that unlocks the Fathers Heart. I speak freely today with no false pretenses,
for I Am Your God who knows all and is always faithful.

Come to Me today with all your brokenness and see what I can do.

The old will be replaced by the new and the new will bring healing waters into your life that can only be made whole by My Holy Word.       

I have saved the best wine for last. Partake with Me and I will bring stability and healing into your lives.

I also will bring to you  peace of mind and I will comfort those areas of your life that brought about heaviness and stagnation,
for I Am a God of renewal and restoration I give good gifts to those who follow Me closely.

Let your faith rise up in you and as it grows, I shall bring to you the fruit of My compassion and mercy.

John Gila
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 7:33pm On Feb 14, 2010
lucaya:

I am all over these forum just to find out one simple matter because I am a foreigner of African Origins, Is there anyone that can get a good travel agent in Nigeria, Lagos that can NOT TIEF people hard earn money, and provide details of how I can get my Nigerian Friend to visit my country,The Bahamas in the Caribbean? I WILL NOT loose hope in people of Nigeria, I have nothing to lose, but friends to gain.If you are sincere,full of God's Word then do good, and give HONEST help with this matter.

I have no ill intentions, but with everything there is a price, I guess, and I willing to pay it, than to think Nigeria is a huge place of no real integrity. my emailing address is lucaya1@gmail.com, look forward to a speedy reply.

u can get enough help on the forum without u putting up ur email address or getting to pay anybody. so i suggest u edit ur statement and remove ur email
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:03pm On Feb 14, 2010
Love Is Obedience
February 14, 2010

"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous" (1 John 5:3)

The disciple John is known as that disciple who had a special love for Jesus and vice versa. He was identified as that disciple "whom Jesus loved" (John 20:2). His writings give a clear picture of the love that God has for us, as well as the kind of love we should have in response to Him. John does not identify this type of love as an emotional or sentimental feeling. It is more than affection; it is total obedience to Him, as noted in the following sampling of verses. "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15). "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected; hereby know we that we are in him" (1 John 2:5). "And this is love, that we walk after his commandments" (2 John 6). Such a view of love may come as a surprise to some, but it reflects total submission to His kingship. This is the proof of our love for God as seen in our text and elsewhere.

The other side of love is love toward men, and John has much to say of this matter as well. "And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also" (1 John 4:21). He elsewhere writes "that we love one another" (2 John 5); and "these things I command you, that ye love one another" (John 15:17). Paul even picks up the theme: "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law" (Romans 13:9-10). In summary, love to man is a principle that works no ill towards one's neighbour, but, in contrast, seeks his greater good. Christ's human half-brother called it "the royal law" (James 2:cool. Love to God yields obedience to all His commandments. Both kinds of love are mandated by God. "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets" (Matthew 22:40). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2010

"Knowing God's Truth"

I want My children to put My Word into action.
Faith without action is dead works.
My Word is a living Word. It brings life and not death.
It is medicine to all your bones and healing to all your flesh.                                   
Do you have any troubles or problems in your lives? Are you struggling with anything?
Get into MY Word and study it.
I have all the answers that you need.
Don't do things the world's way. Do things the Kingdom way. 
Study to show yourselves approved. It is up to kings to search these things out.
You can't rely on everyone else to do your work for you.
You must put forth the time and effort to study My Word for yourself.
As you study, I will speak to you. I will show you things that you aren't aware of.
I will draw you closer to Me If you abide in Me, I will abide in you.
You are the branch and I am the Vine. Just as the branch draws the sap from the vine,
you must do the same thing in the spiritual realm with Me. Draw on Me. Come out into the deep with Me.
I want to take you deeper in Me.                                                                                   
Don't fear the things I want to show you. Don't fear the moving of the Holy Spirit.
I will give you discernment to know what is of Me and what is not.     
When they teach bank tellers how to recognize a counterfeit bill, they don't have them study the counterfeit.
They have them study the real money.
They learn about the real, so they can spot the counterfeit.                       
I want you to do the same thing in the supernatural realm.
Study Me and My Word.
Get so close to Me that you can feel My breath on you.
Then, when the enemy tries to pull you off course with his counterfeit, you will be able to spot it a mile away.
He won't be able to fool you with his deception, because you know the Real Truth.
My Truth says the Lord your God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Feb 15, 2010
Daily Manna

Deflated Ego
Monday, February 15, 2010

TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 25:17-27

"Thou sayest, Lo, thou hast smitten the Edomites; and thine heart lifteth thee up to boast: abide now at home; why shouldest thou meddle to thine hurt, that thou shouldest fall, even thou, and Judah with thee? But Amaziah would not hear; for it came of God, that he might deliver them into the hand of their enemies, because they sought after the gods of Edom" (2 Chronicles 25:19,20).

For some time after the division of the kingdoms, Judah suffered much from the enmity of Israel. After Asa’s time, it suffered more by the friendship of Israel, and by the alliance with them. Now we see hostility between them again. The effects of pride can be sources of trouble and sin in private life; but when they arise between princes, they become the misery of their whole kingdoms. Joash shows Amaziah the folly of his challenge: "Thine heart has lifted thee up." But Amaziah would not hear. The tenor of this reply incited the king of Judah the more; for, being in a state of judicial blindness, he was determined to go to war. But the superior strength of Joash surprised him before he had completed his military preparations. Pouring a large army into the territory of Judah, he encountered Amaziah in a pitched battle, routed his army, and took him prisoner. Then having marched to Jerusalem, he not only demolished part of the city walls, but plundered the treasures of the palace and temple.

The root of all sin and most troubles in life, is in the heart, thence it flows. The event, the occasion, whatever it is, that makes men proud, secure, discontented, or the like, springs out therein. A man’s pride will bring him low (Proverbs 29:23); it goes before his destruction. He that exalteth himself shall be abased. Let us watch our attitude as we relate with one another to avoid inciting passions that lead to pride, hatred and bitterness.

Thought for today: Ego is a cancer; avoid it.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:22am On Feb 15, 2010
The Offense of the Cross
February 15, 2010

"And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased" (Galatians 5:11)

The cross is profoundly offensive to the natural man, for it brands him as a hell-deserving sinner. It makes his only hope of salvation a humbling acknowledgment of Christ, the rejected Creator, as his personal Saviour who died for his sins.

It is especially sad when Christians seek to escape this offense of the cross by accommodating their preaching of the cross to the opinions of those who reject it. In the case of the Galatians, legalistic Christians were insisting that Christian converts from paganism be circumcised in order to avoid offending the Jews. When Paul, instead, preached salvation by grace alone, he was persecuted for it.

This particular compromise has long been forgotten, but a multitude of others have arisen during the ensuing centuries to take its place. Whenever some new philosophy or practice becomes popular in the world, a Christian party will soon be found advocating its adoption in the church, ostensibly to promote easier acceptance of the gospel, but in reality seeking to mitigate the offense of the cross.

Whenever the pagan world follows after a new dress trend or a new music form, a new philosophy or a new lifestyle, many Christians are sure to follow. Witness the widespread compromise with pantheistic evolution and its so-called geologic "ages" by Christian accommodationists, for example. Or, consider the current acceptance of Eastern or Freudian thinking by biblical counselors, or the common sanction of divorce for trivial reasons.

Instead of fleeing from the offense of the cross, we need to say with Paul, "God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (Galatians 6:14). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:04am On Feb 16, 2010
[b]
Arise

Blow the trumpet, call My body to come together. They must not be
scattered; they must come together and work together. Can the leg
cannot say it doesn't need the arm? Can the toe say it doesn't
need the hand? I call e very muscle, every bone, every fiber to
work together and be My Body.

I call My body to awake! I call them to arise; to be a warrior in
the land. I call My body to take the nations, to proclaim and to
bring salvation to the land. Yes, I call My body to be My voice to
the nations.

Be My voice, speak My words, proclaim My Kingdom, and prepare for
My coming. anoint yourself with oil--the oil of worship and holiness
and readiness for My coming.

Blow the trumpet, My body. Arise, My Church, for I am calling you
to be My army.

It is an army of mighty warriors to invade the word and the kingdom
of darkness, and to plunge and pull back and pluck out people who
are lost and perishing. I call you to arise and proclaim: Proclaim
My word! Proclaim My kingdom.

Arise mighty warriors! I call you to go into the darkness, into
the depths of darkness, to bring people out into the light. You will
find precious treasures in the darkness. How will they know the light
unless you go? How will they see it, unless you take it? How will
they hear unless you speak it and proclaim it?

I call you to put on that armor. Put on the armor and fight with My
sword, for My sword is mighty! It is mighty in battle, mighty to
conquer, mighty to divide, and mighty to save. I call you to be a
people of valor. Put on the breastplate of righteousness! Hold up
the shield of faith! Go the nations with the gospel of peace. Keep
on the helmet of salvation, always! Always proclaim salvation and
truth. Wear and proclaim the truth, for it sets you free!

Go to the corners of the earth! Go and spread My word. Go to every
nation, every city, every town, every village. God and My strength
and My power and might will be with you!

My church shall arise and be seen in the world again as a mighty army,
as a powerful body; not to be tampered with, not to be mocked and
scorned as weak and ineffective, but mighty in God!
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:03pm On Feb 16, 2010
[size=13pt]
Weapons of your warfare

These weapons are divinely powerful for the destruction of wicked fortresses.
These are the weapons I urged you to use when I saidThe kingdom of God suffers much violence,
but the violent take it by force.
" I was not referring to physical violence or the strength of man,
but the use of spiritual weapons: song (praise and worship),
prayer, fasting, giving, walking in compassion and forgiveness,
speaking the words of life and light when death and darkness surround you,
being salt and reflecting the light of My love.
These are but a few examples of My chosen weapons[/size]
.[/size]

2Corinthians 10:4; 2Chronicles 20:21-24).
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2010
My Motto as a soldier of christ
Serving Jesus in everything I do~ Everyday~ every moment~Fishing~><(((°>><(((°>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º

.✫*¨*♥ .¸¸.✶*¨`*✶♥ living 4 JESUS with all my mind, all my heart, all my spirit~ Loving the Lord by being Totally Surrendered 2 HIm~
your Will Lord not Mine~
Spreading the Love of Jesus around 2 everyone ~
Agape Style,Love,bless,show mercy,forgive and giving ourself to brethern.
Jesus is my ROCK!!!
U rock Jesus U keep me whole~
all about love,JESUS.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
Pride desires to be right in its "own" thinking - at all cost to those around them. Whereas, true humility [an absolute dependence upon Me] and love for Me desires to be found in the center of My Will [the narrow path] - at all cost to themselves.

, "the humble will inherit the land and will delight themselves in abundant prosperity",  Psalms 37:11 NASB

, "A man's pride will bring him low, but a humble spirit will obtain honor",  Proverbs 29:23 NASB

, "Enter through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and spacious and broad is the way that leads away to destruction, and many are those who are entering through it. But the gate is narrow (contracted by pressure) and the way is straitened and compressed that leads away to life, and few are those who find it. [Deut. 30:19; Jer. 21:8]",  Matthew 7:13-14 The Amplified Translation

, "Who shall dwell [permanently] on Your holy hill? He who walks and lives uprightly and blamelessly, who works rightness and justice and speaks and thinks the truth in his heart, He who does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his friend, nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor; In whose eyes a vile person is despised, but he who honors those who fear the Lord (who revere and worship Him); who swears to his own hurt and does not change; [He who] does not put out his money for interest [to one of his own people] and who will not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved. [Exod. 22:25, 26]",  Psalms 15:1-5 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:09am On Feb 19, 2010
[size=13pt]~ ✞¸.✫*☂~ God Is My Umbrella,  ~☂✞¸.✫*
~ Raindrops fall of fear and doubt- soaking me from the inside out- but with a shield to keep me dry- the rain won't cause me harm, and why?
God is my umbrella. ✞¸.✫*✝`.¸¸ . ☂. ¸ .✫*✝✞¸.*`.¸¸ . ☂
Raindrops full of tears and hate- form a wall so huge I quake- but I climb it with the strength of One- breaking through the rain just like the Son.
Raindrops blinding all that's good- cover my face like a darkened hood-
but I've got a light shining through the dark- it's in my heart and left its mark.
Raindrops now begin to slow- I keep my head up as I go-
A smile which makes my spirit glow- My eyes are graced with His Rainbow.
God is my umbrella. ✞¸.✫*✝`.¸¸ . ☂. ¸ .✫*✝✞¸.*`.¸¸ . ☂ ~

"HE who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. [/size]

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress." My God, in Him I will trust.” (Psalm. 91:1-2)
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 7:42am On Feb 19, 2010
grace5:

[size=13pt]~ ✞¸.✫*☂~ God Is My Umbrella,  ~☂✞¸.✫*
~ Raindrops fall of fear and doubt- soaking me from the inside out- but with a shield to keep me dry- the rain won't cause me harm, and why?
Raindrops full of tears and hate- form a wall so huge I quake- but I climb it with the strength of One- breaking through the rain just like the Son.
Raindrops blinding all that's good- cover my face like a darkened hood-
but I've got a light shining through the dark- it's in my heart and left its mark.
Raindrops now begin to slow- I keep my head up as I go-
A smile which makes my spirit glow- My eyes are graced with His Rainbow.
God is my umbrella. ✞¸.✫*✝`.¸¸ . ☂. ¸ .✫*✝✞¸.*`.¸¸ . ☂ ~

"HE who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. [/size]

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress." My God, in Him I will trust.” (Psalm. 91:1-2)

me likey wink wink kiss kiss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.