Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,172 members, 7,864,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116359 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:21am On Feb 05, 2010
A clear conscience leads directly to a clear mind.

, "To the pure [in heart and conscience] all things are pure, but to the defiled and corrupt and unbelieving nothing is pure; their very minds and consciences are defiled and polluted",   Titus 1:15 The Amplified Translation

, "And, beloved, if our consciences (our hearts) do not accuse us [if they do not make us feel guilty and condemn us], we have confidence (complete assurance and boldness) before God, And we receive from Him whatever we ask, because we [watchfully] obey His orders [observe His suggestions and injunctions, follow His plan for us] and [habitually] practice what is pleasing to Him",  1 John 3:21-22 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:23am On Feb 05, 2010

You are My Own

"You do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the
world." -- John 15:19

I am your Father and I have given all I can give for you. I have been
watching over you from the day you were born, to keep you and protect
you. My heart is for you, to see you laugh, smile and be filled with
joy. I have made you to be fulfilled. I have given you purpose and
destiny.

My plans are to work out that which I have purposed for your future,
for I will use you as the vessel of My glory and the message of My
heart. A dying generation is calling out for life--will you be My life
to them? I am waiting, to make you more than you are, to fulfill My
purpose in you, to bring hope to the blind and salvation to the lost. I
love you--you are My own."
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by na2day2(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2010
grace5:

[b]
Why On Earth

My child, the world and its desires are passing away for those who do
My will. Therefore why on earth are you spending all your time and
energy think about that which is of the world? Instead My beloved come
to your senses, and no longer feed on the stuff which causes you to
sink deeper into the mire of which I have already lifted you out of,
so that your feet may be planted upon solid ground.

Beloved, throughout this past season, your vision has been shrouded
over by a thick dense fog; preventing you from seeing past yourself
and your closest surroundings. But child in your hand is the double-
edged sword of the Spirit, of which you are able to cut through this
black cloud. For all authority has been to you; to either speak life
or death by the power of the spoken word, despite the absence of sight.

After all, it is by faith you are justified by faith as you hear and
believe My word. Therefore arm yourself with such knowledge, and begin
to blow away the darkness by My Spirit. For My words are Spirit and
life, and as you open your mouth to make such declarations, My Spirit
will dispel the darkness so that you may begin to see the substance
of that which you hope for.

My child it is not My desire that you go hungry; nearly starving to
death, when it is My will to not only fill and satisfy you with every
good thing. But also that you would actually grow fat with the anointing,
in order that you may break the heavy yokes from those (including
yourself) whom are burdened.

Therefore return to Me with all of your heart, for because I am
compassionate I will run towards and embrace you. For all I have is
yours, and it is My good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Come follow
Me My beloved, for I have prepared a feast at My banqueting table and I
wish for you to dine with Me.[/b]

thanks grace for this, love ya kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Feb 05, 2010
The Lord is My Shepherd (Pantomime)

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCTqHuPcdD0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true[/flash]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2010
Jabez 
February 5, 2010

"And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow" (1 Chronicles 4:9)

Though neither his parents nor descendants are included, the name of Jabez has apparently been inserted in the genealogical lists of I Chronicles because of a notable prayer of his.  In spite of its seemingly selfish nature, his prayer was answered when he "called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it might not grieve me!" (1 Chronicles 4:10).

The birth of Jabez had evidently been accompanied by some kind of pain or sorrow, for the name he was given means "to grieve." Perhaps his brothers had been a grief to his mother in some way, and he wanted to compensate.  Since the account does not elaborate, we don't know the background.

In any case (precisely because we don't know), it is doubtful whether this prayer should be taken as a model prayer for modern believers.  The prayer taught by Jesus to His disciples when they asked Him to teach them provides a more certain guide (see Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 11:2-4).

In that prayer, the first request is not to "bless me" but rather "thy kingdom come" and then "thy will be done." Neither did He tell us to pray for a larger "coast" (that is "territory"wink but simply to provide "day by day our daily bread."

Sometimes God does answer what may seem to be a selfcentred prayer, but there should always be a God-centred reason when we pray such a prayer, and Jabez no doubt had such a reason.  We never want to have our prayers answered in the sense of Psalm 106:15 — God "gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul." HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2010
Daily Manna

God, Your Defense.
Friday, February 5, 2010

TEXT: Job 38:1-18

"Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all" (Job 38:18).

"Clear conscience," they say, "fears no accusation." In his frantic effort to remove a wrong impression that had been etched in the minds of his friends over the reason for the deluge of misfortune that had befallen him, Job let out some words of defense.

Job had been visited by Satan and in a single swoop, lost all his material wealth and children. He was also afflicted with a terrible skin disease. In the midst of the great trial of faith, certain of his friends added to his sorrow through their uncharitable utterances.

Job’s attempt at defending himself did not go down well with the Omniscient God who, according to our passage decided to put him to task on his extent of knowledge of creation.

Often times, some believers fall into the error of making unnecessary explanations and defenses to erase doubt from people’s minds. But the Bible shows that that attitude is unnecessary. Abraham Lincoln, in one of his quotations said: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

The lesson from our text today is that we know little, but God is all-knowing. At the moment of provocation, we must learn to commit everything to God who judges righteously. Any attempt to swear and scream would amount to great sins before God.

You must also remember that when friends misunderstand, abandon, or say negative things against you, you must endeavour to look up to God for comfort. When co-workers or neighbours rake-up lies against you, do not lose your head. It is unreasonable to resort to ungodly means of defense as a Christian.

As you go about your business today, carry your cross with a smile.

Thought for today: Jesus cares for me.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2010

+ As all those that you have been interceding for begin to truly seek Me - and, thus, enter into the "fasted life" [obedience] - things will begin to unfold rapidly.

+ Any remaining ground of the "fear of failure" in one's heart will translate directly into a mistrust of Me [My Word]. Truly I say to you: Faith [trust] in Me NEVER disappoints; the exercising of Love NEVER fails, and obedience to My Will in the power of My Spirit ALWAYS accomplishes My highest purpose in any given moment!

, ."Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]", 1 Corinthians 13:7-8 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:59am On Feb 07, 2010
Daily Manna

Beyond Your Imagination.
Saturday, February 6, 2010

TEXT: Job 38:19-27

"Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof" (Job 38:19).

"I don’t pretend to understand the Universeit’s a great deal bigger than I amPeople ought to be modester."  That was the candid submission of Thomas Carlyle (1795 -1881), a Scottish historian and essayist.  Although, by the twenty-first century, mankind has made great progress in all fields, especially, in science and technology.  It is still most immodest to assume that we understand enough to sit in conference with the Creator.

Job and his friends had been embroiled in a protracted controversy over God’s administration of justice and providence.  Each of them had taken turn to express his opinion.  But none had the final say on the dispute. Following Job’s final presentation to his friends, the Lord here uses a series of difficult posers to answer questions to silence Job and to underscore his ignorance.  The Lord particularly demanded explanations from Job about natural phenomena like light, snow, hail, thunder, lightning and rain.  Of course, Job had no answer to God’s numerous questions.  He knew nothing about the formation of snow and hail.  He had no understanding of the watercourses and the path of the lightening and thunder. 

All the questions God raised here are intended to acknowledge how little we know and to appreciate His sovereignty over all creation.  Man is infinitely less than God.  "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:9).  How foolhardy, therefore, for man to raise his voice against God.

As you step out today, why not stop awhile and ponder the greatness of the Almighty.  While appreciating Him, commit yourself to submit entirely to His will and precepts.  He that knows the ways of the elements and directs their course is most fit to direct our lives.

Thought for today: You may not know much, but it is enough to know God, who knows all things.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35am On Feb 07, 2010
The Coming Generations
February 6, 2010

"That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children" (Psalm 78:6)

Each generation of people tends to regard its own times as the most significant of all, toward which all past history has been merely a preparation. The fact is, however, that God has "been our dwelling place in all generations" (Psalm 90:1), and He is equally concerned about any generations yet to come.

This is why He stresses repeatedly that the great truths concerning God's creation, His character, His great work of salvation, and His long-range plans for the ages to come be transmitted faithfully from one generation to another. "One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts" (Psalm 145:4).

Our modern scientific generation almost idolizes new research, new gadgets, new discoveries, and new amusements. The God of eternity, however, is not so concerned that we develop new ideas as that we not lose those precious truths which He has already given us. "For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established the earth, and it abideth" (Psalm 119:89-90). Christ said: "That which ye have already hold fast till I come." "Hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown" (Revelation 2:25; 3:11).

The great principle of true education is given by Paul in 2 Timothy 2:2: "The things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also." The great account of Christ's crucifixion, especially, is to be taught forever. "They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this" (Psalm 22:31). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07am On Feb 07, 2010
Shaking the Earth Terribly
February 7, 2010

"And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth" (Isaiah 2:19)

Ever since the convulsions of the Flood, the earth's crust has been in a state of instability, causing earthquakes from time to time all around the world.

But there are earthquakes yet to come which will exceed anything ever yet experienced. The earthquake prophesied in our text was also predicted in Revelation. "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; . . . and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And . . . |they| hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from . . . the wrath of the Lamb" (Revelation 6:12-16). But when these judgments of God are in the earth, those who have rejected the love of the sin-bearing Lamb of God still will remain unrepentant and will merely seek to flee His anger.

God is long-suffering, but "the great day of his wrath" will surely come (Revelation 6:17). "For thus saith the LORD of hosts; . . . I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land; And I will shake all nations" (Haggai 2:6-7). "The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly" (Isaiah 24:19). Finally will come "a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. . . . And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found" (Revelation 16:18, 20).

Those who belong to Christ, however, will be delivered from the wrath to come: "This word . . . signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, . . . that those things which cannot be shaken may remain" (Hebrews 12:27). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by parable(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2010
guys i'm guilty of dis.tanx 4 dis groove
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2010

+ The one who continues to live for themselves will be "seen" to have no integrity in this hour. For, indeed, the greatest evidence of "integrity" in My children is faithfulness and obedience to My Word [Will], and the still, small voice of My Spirit.

"integrity" - uprightness of character [righteousness]; the state of being complete or undivided;

, "As for you, if you will walk before Me as your father David walked, in integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that I have commanded you and will keep My statutes and My ordinances THEN I will establish the throne of your kingdom", 1 Kings 9:4-5a NASB

, "O LORD, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, And speaks truth in his heart. He does not slander with his tongue, Nor does evil to his neighbor, Nor takes up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, But who honors those who fear the LORD; He swears to his own hurt and does not change; He does not put out his money at interest, Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken", Psalms 15:1-5 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2010

I am your High Priest.
I am the One Who keeps your name ever before your heavenly Father.
I never forget you.
I always remember you, and every day I call out your name to My Father.

I am your High Priest. I am the One Who gave all for you.
I am the ultimate sacrifice giver.
Remember this, beloved.
Don’t ever forget that your Lord and Savior is speaking out on your behalf.
I never let up.
My prayer for you is constant,
and you can rest assured that I am heard loud and clear.
Yes, you can rest assured that the One Who
gave His life for you is making your name known to your heavenly Father every moment of every day,
and that is the truth,dear one.
That is the truth.
Rejoice in this truth.
Rejoice in the fact that your Lord and
Savior has seen fit to keep your name ever before your Father.
Your heavenly Father delights in this truth, and I want you to delight in it too!!!

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:47am On Feb 08, 2010
Daily Manna

A Just Denial.
Sunday, February 7, 2010

TEXT: Luke 20:1-18

"And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things" (Luke 20:cool.

People ask questions for different reasons.  There are sincere inquirers, asking because they truly want to know and be guided into the truth.  There are others whose motives are far from being sincere.  They ask their questions either because they want to mock or ridicule the truth, or because they want to draw a point for argument.  Such people get further confused in their ignorance and move farther away from knowing the truth.

This explains why at times, we have people taking time to study the Bible yet, coming out more confused because they are studying the Bible, not because they want to know the truth and live by it, but because they are seeking flaws with which they might condemn it.

Our text presents the Pharisees who were open enemies of Christ, coming to Him with a question about the source of His ministry.  Jesus, seeing through their insincerity, threw another question to them regarding the source of the ministry of John the Baptist.  Seeing that their insincerity had been discovered, they refused to venture an answer. Jesus also, refused to give answer to their question.  They met face to face with Jesus, but lost the opportunity of getting saved.   

There are equally times when some believers seek to know the will of God on some matters, but unfortunately, do not get any clear revelation from God.  The reason for this could be because they did not approach God with the sincere desire to know the mind of God on the issue.  They may have had their pre-conceived ideas and only wish to get a rubber stamp from God.

In knowing the mind of God on issues, we are to be sincere in our motives.  God will not deny sincere seekers access to the truth.  Those who truly seek to know, will surely know.

Thought for today: He that truly seeketh, findeth.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:37am On Feb 08, 2010
Daily Manna

Render Unto God.
Monday, February 8, 2010

TEXT: LUKE 20:19-26

"And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's" (Luke 20:25).

The Greek theater had a succinct way of dramatizing the personality of a hypocrite. He would be depicted as someone who wore a mask on the stage and imitated the speech, mannerisms and conduct of the character being portrayed.

"Master we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truly". These fine words were not representative of the intention of these religious leaders and spies. They merely sought how "they might take hold of his words, that they might deliver him unto the power and authority of the governor". With this evil intention hidden in their hearts they yet spoke to Him nicely and peaceably. Hypocrisy, in them, was clothed in the garment of flattery.

Again, regardless of our Christian conviction, we have legitimate obligations to God and the government. God commands us to obey earthly authorities so long as their demands are not at variance with the laws of God. While we recognize our duty and obligations to ‘Caesar’, we must honour God as the highest authority. The laws of the land may make demands upon us. This should never be permitted to come in conflict with our duty to the Lord as Supreme. We must set our priorities right.

Thought for today: Behind every flattering word there is a dagger.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01am On Feb 08, 2010
Finding Grace
February 8, 2010

"But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD" (Genesis 6:cool

This is the very first reference in the Bible to the great concept of the grace of God. In the midst of the most violent and wicked society that history has ever seen, there was one man who was "a just man and perfect in his generations" (Genesis 6:9), and the reason why he was different was that he "found grace in the eyes of the LORD."

In this first mention of such a vital doctrine, it is stressed that the grace of God is not something which is either earned or learned. It cannot be gained by good works or by much study. Grace is found! "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him" (2 Chronicles 16:9). The eyes of the Lord had to search diligently in an earth "filled with violence" (Genesis 6:13) to find a man whose heart was open toward God. But when He did find such a man, "Noah found grace!"

In a beautiful pattern of divine inspiration, it is significant that the first mention of grace in the New Testament stresses the same great truth. It appears in the words of the angel Gabriel to the virgin Mary: "Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour |literally 'grace'| with God" (Luke 1:30). Thus Mary, like Noah, "found grace with God." Noah was chosen by the Lord to save a believing remnant through the Flood by the building of the Ark of safety, and Mary was chosen by the Lord to bring into the world the One who would take away its sin, the eternal Ark of Salvation.

It is the same today. Although "the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men" (Titus 2:11), only "few there be that find it" (Matthew 7:14). God's grace is available to all if they will but believe and accept it, but it takes a seeing heart and a hearing soul to find it. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:31am On Feb 08, 2010

THE FATHER:

+       The "valley of decision" is a place wherein one will, ultimately, have to make a "quality decision" concerning moving forward in My Will - or wilfully departing from the pursuit of My Will in order to pursue their own self-desire. Each and every one of My children would do well to hearken to the Scriptures in this most critical hour for is it not written,

"Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. The sun and moon grow dark and the stars lose their brightness. The LORD roars from Zion and utters His voice from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth tremble. But the LORD is a refuge for His people and a stronghold to the sons of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain. So Jerusalem will be holy, And strangers will pass through it no more. And in that day the mountains will drip with sweet wine, and the hills will flow with milk, and all the brooks of Judah will flow with water; And a spring will go out from the house of the LORD to water the valley of Shittim. Egypt will become a waste, And Edom will become a desolate wilderness, because of the violence done to the sons of Judah, In whose land they have shed innocent blood. But Judah will be inhabited forever And Jerusalem for all generations. And I will avenge their blood which I have not avenged, For the LORD dwells in Zion",  Joel 3:14-21 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2010
Shall we make a deal?

Give me your heart.
Give me your heart and allow me to heal you.
Give me that which you held onto.
Give me that which hinders you, that which brings you down,
that which causes you pain.
Give me the relationships.
Give me the unkind words that echo in your head and reach deep into your heart.
Give me your tired and poor selves.
Give to me all that you are, and child I will give to you all that I am.
Trade your rain for My sunshine
Trade your sorrow for My joy
Trade your chaos for My peace
Trade your pain for My healing
Trade your lack for My abundance
Trade your fear for My security
Trade your frowns for My smiles

Oh Child, come to Me. Give me all that you are,
all that you have, all that you don't have,
all that you are not, give me everything and know that,
I will fill those empty places with gifts from above.
Shall we make a deal?
Your stuff for Mine?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24am On Feb 09, 2010
The Omniscience of God
February 9, 2010

"Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite." (Psalm 147:5)

Consider the great rhetorical question asked by the apostle Paul: "For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?" (Romans 11:34).  The most learned scholars of every age are mere infants in knowledge compared to Him.  "There is no searching of his understanding" (Isaiah 40:28).

Everyone who believes in God acknowledges that God, by definition, is omniscient.  He created all things and upholds all things, and thus understands all things.  He even knows all the future, for He is "the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity" (Isaiah 57:15), and He created time itself.

Now, while every believer acknowledges this, few really live as if they believe it. Most of the time, we live and speak and choose just as though God neither knows nor cares what we do.  But He does know! "Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, . . . and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether" (Psalm 139:2-4).

Furthermore, as our text reminds us, He is not only omniscient, but omnipotent. He is "of great power." He has created all things, and because "he is strong in power; not one faileth" (Isaiah 40:26).  Because He is omniscient, He knew how all things should be made, and because He is omnipotent, He made them that way.  There would, obviously, be no thought whatever of a trial-and-error, random-mutation, survival-of-the-fittest, extinction-and-redevelopment sort of creative process with such a God.

Just as He made His creation "very good" (Genesis 1:31), so we, also, as believers saved by His grace, are "his workmanship" (Ephesians 2:10).  He does know, and does care, and does work, in all our ways. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38am On Feb 09, 2010
Daily Manna

The Best Story In The World.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TEXT: LUKE 20:27-38

"And he said unto them, But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection" (Luke 20:35,36).

A missionary couple and their children went on a sight-seeing tour in Costa-Rica. The youngest of the children was six-year old Mark. They visited a Catholic cathedral in Cargago. The children noticed many images, including a statue of Christ hanging on the cross. Later, they visited an old Spanish mission where some of the children were frightened by a wax figure of Christ in a glass-enclosed casket.

That night during the family devotion, little Mark said, "Daddy, I have seen Jesus dead so many times today. Please tell me again the story of resurrection". After listening to the story, he said "Daddy, that’s the best story in the world".

The story of resurrection is the living hope that distinguishes Christian faith from any other men-improvised religion. As Paul the apostle puts it: "If Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain" (1 Corinthians 15:14). Critics and heretics always oppose the fact of the resurrection as the case in our text, but their arguments are always weak. But a poet put the story of the resurrection of Christ thus: "A song of sunshine through the rain, of spring across the snow, a balm to heal the hearts of pain, a peace suppressing woe".

As assuring as the resurrection story is, there are two sides to it. There is the resurrection unto life for those who have anchored their souls in Christ, who have genuinely surrendered their lives to Christ to be born-again and are dead to sin. On the other hand, there is the resurrection unto damnation for those who are dead in sin. They live in sin even though they are in one religion or the other. Such will be banished to hell. Hence, sinners must repent and accept Jesus to take part in the resurrection unto life.

Thought for today: Resurrection of Christ is the pillar of the Christian faith.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2010
NEVER fear walking in Love in the face of hatred [pride and rebellion]. NEVER fear walking in faith in the presence of faithlessness [doubt and unbelief]. NEVER fear walking in obedience in the face of those who have forsaken My Will to pursue their own agendas [Ezekiel 3:1-9].

, "The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread? When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh, My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell. Though a host encamp against me, My heart will not fear; Though war arise against me, In spite of this I shall be confident. One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock. And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me, And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD", Psalms 27:1-6 NASB

, "But thanks be to God, Who gives us the victory [making us conquerors] through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be firm (steadfast), immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord [always being superior, excelling, doing more than enough in the service of the Lord], knowing and being continually aware that your labor in the Lord is not futile [it is never wasted or to no purpose]", 1 Corinthians 15:57-58 The Amplified Translation
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2010
[size=14pt]Power Originates in Intimacy

Go forward in love,
honor and ardor for your God.
This is the time for love.
This is the time for closeness to your God,
for all the exploits that will be done will originate in that time of intimacy
The release of power will come during times of communion with your God .
Your understanding of His will and your receiving of assignments of glory will come during this time.
Worship is the war arena, where victory is done and accomplished. [/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:42am On Feb 10, 2010
LOVE THE WORLD.

Christian love is a gift of self for the benefit of another. The love the world knows is a self serving love of which we as Christians should avoid at all costs. It is a love of self gratification, often at the expense of others. So should we love the world? Yes, we should love the world with the intent of making the lives of others better, and no, we should not love the things of the world or what we can get out of it.

It is written:

"that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."  (John 3: 15-17
)

We can see from the passage above that God loved the world. Since we are to be imitators of God then we should attempt to do likewise. We who be doing as Jesus did in His ministry. We should be leading others along the Way of salvation. We should help others develop maturity in Christ such that they can become empowered for ministry. We should lead them into "the Truth" of God's ministry, such that they can find their purpose on this earth, receive guidance in the steps that they must make, develop a deep and personal relationship with the Father and enter into spiritual warfare which is bring down the forces of worldly love.

In addition, we must help others to find their way to "the Life" of covenant, such that they can live forever under God's protection and have their every need provided for. Yes this is the way that we should love the world.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:50am On Feb 10, 2010
[size=13pt]Love As I Love

I am God. Show mercy as I show mercy.
I am God. To be like Me you must be holy,
and part of being holy is unselfish love, not love aimed to get what you want, not love stintingly given out of
"I'll do my part if you do yours."
It's love freely, unselfishly and lavishly given from a pure heart unsullied by selfish motives.
Consistent love, given and poured out even when you don't feel loved. Love out of hurting and pain.
Love even in frustration.
This is My challenge to you today, to love freely and completely.
Then it will be perfectly.
Start at home and learn, then branch out to others.
[/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jatwill(m): 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2010
Self-Control is Reflected in Speech

James 3:2-4 For in many things we all stumble. If anyone doesn't stumble in word, the same is a perfect man, able to bridle the whole body also. Indeed, we put bits into the horses' mouths so that they may obey us, and we guide their whole body. Behold, the ships also, though they are so big and are driven by fierce winds, are yet guided by a very small rudder, wherever the pilot desires.

In as much as what one says is an expression of one's heart as Jesus said, "For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Mt 12:34b, self-control over one's speech is a reflection of one's self-control over one's desires.

Conversely as what one says reflects one's beliefs, people will be held accountable for what they say:

"I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." Mt 12:36,37

"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom 10:9

Thus one's destiny is partly determined by what one says, and what you say often determines the course of your life.

"From the fruit of his mouth a man's stomach is filled; with the harvest from his lips he is satisfied." Pr 18:20
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:26am On Feb 11, 2010
Daily Manna

Beware of Hypocrites.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010

TEXT: LUKE 20:39–47

"And he said unto them, Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts" (Luke 20:46).

We have been told times without number that the cassock does not make a monk. Putting it simply to the religious, the robe is not equal to righteousness. But this truism is a rather sad reminder of the realities in religious circles today.

In the history of mankind, outward religious shows have been elevated above proper understanding of the creeds, the requirements and actual practices of the religion people make so much claim of adherence to. A lot of crisis among those religious people have arisen, not from the fundamental demands of their religions, but from their individual or group perception of what they think of such beliefs.

The priests, scribes, Sadducees and Pharisees at the time of Jesus sought and got so much reverence from people and tried to retain it by every means possible, including running down Jesus whom they perceived as teaching doctrines that exposed their emptiness, pride and deception. Their lack of understanding of the faith was laid bare when one of the Sadducees asked him a question that had an implication on resurrection, expecting that Jesus was going to contradict Himself.

His warnings against these ignorant, but grandstanding, religious leaders are still as forceful and applicable today as they were then. "Beware of the scribes. . ." The Scribes would receive the severest judgment for defrauding poor widows and for their abuse of religion, particularly of prayer, which they used as a pretence for carrying on worldly and wicked plans. Those church members or leaders who carry titles about should watch it. Let us pray to God to keep us from pride, covetousness and every evil thing; and to teach us to seek that honour which comes from Him alone.

Thought for today: Hypocrites fill their heads with doctrines while their hearts are empty.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Feb 11, 2010
In the Spirit
February 10, 2010

"Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?" (Galatians 3:3)

Paul the apostle had founded a number of churches in Galatia, leading many Gentiles to saving faith in Christ, but soon found that his teachings were being undermined by Judaizing Christians with their legalistic insistence on circumcision before these converts could really be Christians. Therefore, Paul had to remind the Galatians rather sternly that they had received the Holy Spirit as their in-dwelling guide and witness when they accepted Christ and that was sufficient evidence of their salvation.

Believing Christians today also have received the Holy Spirit, and thus have already been redeemed, "so, having begun in the Spirit," we do not need any further "fleshly" actions to be saved. Good works are vitally important, but they are the results of, rather than prerequisites to, salvation; "If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit," Paul writes, for if we "walk in the Spirit, |we| shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh" (Galatians 5:25, 16).

We need to realize the tremendous privilege of the Spirit's presence within us once we have believed on Christ. In His resurrection body He is in heaven, but the Holy Spirit has been sent by the Lord, to be with us and in us. God, therefore, can and does hear even our silent prayers, and we should be "praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit" (Ephesians 6:18), for we "have access by one Spirit unto the Father" (Ephesians 2:18). It is through Him that we "worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh" (Philippians 3:3). We must remember that "ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:10am On Feb 11, 2010
Daily Manna

Your Widow's Mite.
Thursday, February 11, 2010

TEXT: LUKE 21:1-4

"For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had" (Luke 21:4).

Giving, as part of Christian worship is something that attracts the attention of heaven. We need to realise that God knows who we are and our financial capability? Christ does not only notice our attitude in worship, He also observes our giving in worship.

People generally feel that what they give is their own decision and should not be controlled by any principle. Most often, they tend to give out of the abundance or left over of what they have. But the example of the principal character in the passage is very challenging.

In the short narrative we are studying today, the Lord gives us answer to whatever questions we have on our minds concerning giving. As He observed how people gave, He compared what they gave with what they had. He commended the poor widow for casting into the treasury all that she had. He saw her sacrificial, selfless, and sincere giving in the gift. While the rich merely gave from the abundance of what they had, the widow gave all that she had.

Our service to God will not be complete if we withhold our "mites". There are many needs in the house of the Lord that demands financial attention; we must therefore, endeavour to cast in our mites whenever we go to the house of God to worship.

The question of not having enough to give does not arise from a true heart of charity. It’s only when we give from a sacrificial and loving heart that we receive heaven’s commendation and compensation.

Though for today: He gave His all for thee, what hast thou given Him?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Feb 11, 2010
Disobedient Midwives
February 11, 2010

"But the midwives feared God, and did not as the king of Egypt commanded them, but saved the men children alive" (Exodus 1:17)

Shiphrah and Puah were two courageous women. In the time of Israel's slavery in Egypt, they risked their lives because they knew that Pharaoh was wicked and wrong to order the murder of the Hebrew male children. Were the record merely to note their courage, we would applaud their actions.

However, the Scripture tells us that they lied to Pharaoh when he asked them why the population was still growing. Indeed, we are told that "God dealt well with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very might" (Exodus 1:20). Opponents of Christianity frequently use this incident to charge God with a "tolerance" of evil--or worse yet, that God approves of any means to obtain His own ends.

Tamar (Genesis 38:24) and Rahab (Joshua 6:25) both prostituted themselves, and yet their children are in the direct lineage of the Messiah. Some of the worst kings in history were used by God to accomplish His will. God even sent a "lying spirit" (1 Kings 22:22-23) to do His bidding. What about this? Does God "do evil, that good may come?" (Romans 3:cool.

No. "God cannot be tempted with evil" (James 1:13) and it is "impossible for God to lie" (Hebrews 6:18). God is absolutely holy (Exodus 15:11; Amos 4:2; etc.) without any "darkness at all" (1 John 1:5). It is absolutely clear in Scripture that God will work "all things after the counsel of his own will" (Ephesians 1:11). Even "the wrath of man shall praise thee" (Psalm 76:10). However difficult it may be to understand an apparent conflict in given circumstantial instances, we must "judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24). HMM III
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:46am On Feb 11, 2010

Prophetic word power

Jer 23:28-29
28 "The prophet who has a dream, let him tell a dream;
And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully.
What is the chaff to the wheat?" says the LORD.
29 "Is not My word like a fire?" says the LORD,
"And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a Discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. NKJV

Speak forth My Word boldly, the Word I have given you, says God.
My Word shall go forth to accomplish that which it is send to do.
Let the people know! My Word has power beyond all that you can conceive,
it will bring forth life in a better way, it may not seem that way at first,
the end will be much better that the bondage that has been holding My people from going forth in joy,
the joy of the Lord. Hear the words of the prophet, listen, then read My Word to see that My servant is faithful to My Word, says God.
My Word is living and powerful getting to the root of the problem to remove sin and changing thing that may not be sin but?
need to be changed, then it will?
bring life more abundantly says God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by debosky(m): 11:50am On Feb 11, 2010
Thank You Father for the grace to call on you and receive answers. You are always there and always listen to your children when they call.

Brothers and sisters be encouraged by this passage:

John 11: 21-27 (NIV)

21"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

23 Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

24 Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

27 "Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world."

If we BELIEVE in Jesus, and we believe that even NOW our Father will give us whatever we ask, there is no obstacle or challenge too great to be overcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.