Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,472 members, 7,861,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:49 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (116310 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
If My children refuse to acknowledge Me in ALL of their ways, then the people that they "choose" to acknowledge shall surely be used by the Evil One to abuse them and lead them astray. It is only as My children "choose" to acknowledge Me in all of their ways that I shall be "enabled" to direct them to those delegated authorities that I would use to confirm [and expand upon] those things that I have already spoken to [revealed to] the heart that has already sought Me.

, "Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; reverently fear and worship the Lord and turn [entirely] away from evil [Prov. 8:13.]",   Proverbs 3:5-7 The Amplified Translation

+       Things are about to take a "definite" turn!

., "Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert",  Isaiah 43:18-19 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2010
The New Jerusalem
February 1, 2010

"But Solomon built him an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands"? (Acts 7:47-48)

Scripture teaches that the Creator God could not be confined to a man-made temple, but it is also true that the temple in Jerusalem was indeed the house of God. God Himself had even stated that "for now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually" (2 Chronicles 7:16). Of course, there is no real conflict. God implies that this place would enjoy His special attention, favour, and name, but He never claimed it as a dwelling place.

Solomon even recognized this. He said, "Who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him?" (2 Chronicles 2:6).

Today God dwells in many temples, but they are not made with hands either. "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? . . . the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are" (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). Likewise, "what? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost?" (1 Corinthians 6:19), and "ye are the temple of the living God" (2 Corinthians 6:16).

Not only is each individual believer the temple of God, but the corporate body of believers, the church, enjoys the same standing. Speaking of the melding of Jewish and Gentile believers into one body, Paul teaches that each believer is a stone in "the building fitly framed together |which| groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord" (Ephesians 2:21). As individual building stones, we are "fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone" (Ephesians 2:19-20). The sanctuary of the living God is not a temple or a church auditorium, but hearts yielded to Him. JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2010
Friends of the World 
February 1, 2010

"Know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God]"? (James 4:4)

This stern warning seems to be in conflict with our Lord's own instruction: "Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations" (Luke 16:9).  Some have used that concept to justify personal behaviour that mimics the world's secularism so that we "might by all means save some" (1 Corinthians 9:22). Others have suggested that the atmosphere of the church should be "friendly" to the world so that we can "seek" and "save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).

Half truths are dangerous things.

There is no justification in the Scripture to be like the world, or to be "of the world" (John 15:19).  "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world" (1 John 2:16).  That clear statement is preceded by the command "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15).  There is no ambiguity here!

Although we are to give the "glorious gospel" (1 Timothy 1:11) to "every creature" (Mark 16:15) that we "might gain them that are without law" (1 Corinthians 9:21), we are also "to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God" (2 Corinthians 4:6), making sure that we speak "the truth in love" (Ephesians 4:15), not "handling the word of God deceitfully" (2 Corinthians 4:2).

We must, therefore, be very careful that our witness results in those who are "born again, not of the corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1 Peter 1:23). HMM III
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 9:07am On Feb 02, 2010
@OLAADEGBU

Welcome back brother! Thank you for posting the video!  smiley

A Christian sister and I were having a discussion about how a woman is supposed to love her husband. I admit, living in the U.S., women's rights have greatly marred the biblical concept of a woman's attitude and role in marriage. The discussion was centered around Ephesians 5:33 "Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband" and Ephesians 5:22  "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." The  dilemma arose when the subject became how much is too much for a woman to love her husband? How far does she demonstrate this love? American women deplore this verse of scripture because most don't like the concept of giving a man any iota of control over her. The bible teaches that Sarah called her husband "lord". Christian women understand and most accept this command. I believe wives should give their all to their husbands, placing his needs and happiness before anyone else. Husbands should do the same.

Can a husband or wife love their mate too much? How much is too much? Will you please explain the biblical principles around this this topic? Thank you!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:45pm On Feb 02, 2010
Love is perfect in its words. Love is perfect in its motivation, and Love is perfect in its actions.

, Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]", 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a The Amplified Translation

, "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect", Matthew 5:48 NASB
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
Henrygirl:

@OLAADEGBU

Welcome back brother! Thank you for posting the video!  smiley

A Christian sister and I were having a discussion about how a woman is supposed to love her husband. I admit, living in the U.S., women's rights have greatly marred the biblical concept of a woman's attitude and role in marriage. The discussion was centered around Ephesians 5:33 "Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband" and Ephesians 5:22  "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." The  dilemma arose when the subject became how much is too much for a woman to love her husband? How far does she demonstrate this love? American women deplore this verse of scripture because most don't like the concept of giving a man any iota of control over her. The bible teaches that Sarah called her husband "lord". Christian women understand and most accept this command. I believe wives should give their all to their husbands, placing his needs and happiness before anyone else. Husbands should do the same.

Can a husband or wife love their mate too much? How much is too much? Will you please explain the biblical principles around this this topic? Thank you!

Good topic,How much does JESUS loves the church,How much does He loves you,as a believer_Jesus been GOD,loves his FATHER so much that HE took it upon himself to rescue the father creation.
from devil
He could have refuse.
He could have refuse to die.
why should I die for bunch of devil worshippers.
But HE loves the world those that believe becomes the church,his body.
So we are to immitate Christ love our wife that is if we truly love JESUS as HE love us.
A believer must love his body(wife and husband same body)
as christ and the church same body.
You have to love to defend,submit,rescue,save,beautify.
with compassion even unto death.

thanks
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2010
Daily Manna

Esteem God's Word.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 119:153–160

"Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever" (Psalms 119:160).

God’s word means different things to different people. To many, the word of God is a material for self-service but for those who love God and serve Him, it is lamp and light.

The Psalmist saw the word as being useful in every situation. He stayed close to it in affliction and found consolation from it during persecution. He referred to the word as the law he does not forget (verse 153). He revealed that salvation is far from the wicked because they seek not the statutes.

Our attitude towards the Word of God determines whether or not we will be blessed by it. We should esteem it highly and trust it. Where should we place our trust in today’s world that is full of falsehood and ungodly inventions if not the unchanging word of God? To get the best from God’s word, take it as the final authority in your life. Read it prayerfully and obey what you learn by faith. Esteem it like Job above your necessary food.

The testimonies and manifestation of God’s power will encourage you and build up your faith.

The laws and commandments will keep you from evil and from the devices of the wicked. It will make you to understand God’s mind concerning your life and will guide you into the way of righteousness. The examples you find in the scriptures will guide you in your choices of career, marriage, business and other endeavours. Give the scriptures the priority it deserves in your life and you will be glad for they have always been true. God does not change, neither does His word. His judgments are righteous forever.

Thought for today: Spiritual scales are removed from the eyes of a wise reader of God’s word.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2010
Creation Evangelism 
February 2, 2010

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (John 20:31)

John's Gospel is perhaps the best tool with which to lead people to saving faith in Christ, for this was John's very purpose in writing.  He presents the claims of Christ and evidence for the deity of Christ, along with His substitutionary death and resurrection, in a uniquely effective way.

It is very important to note, however, that John begins with an affirmation of the truth of special creation.  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . . All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made" (John 1:1, 3).  This creative word was Jesus Christ, for "the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" (v. 14).

John also points out the world's rejection of its Creator.  "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not" (v. 10).  The world, on the whole, then rejected--and still rejects--its Creator, who was "the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" (v. 9).  But not all rejected, for "as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (v. 12).

And what is His name?  In context, His name is given as "the Word," "God!" "the true Light," (vv. 1, 9).  Only after this is He revealed as the Lamb of God, the Son of God, the Messiah (vv. 29, 34, 41), names which imply His functions and attributes.

If we would be more effective evangelists, we would do well to follow the approach used by John.  Christ must first be accepted as the omnipotent (but offended and rejected) Creator, before He really can be understood and received as incarnate, dying, sin-purging, glorified Saviour. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2010
The Tender Plant
February 2, 2010

"For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him" (Isaiah 53:2)

The New Testament writers say nothing at all concerning the physical appearance of the Lord when He became a man. Human tradition would picture Him as a strong athlete or handsome star, but the Scriptures indicate otherwise.

Our text is from the greatest of the Messianic prophecies. It tells us that, as a child, He would "grow up as a tender plant," like a "root out of a dry ground." Humanly speaking, He was unimpressive. He had "no form nor comeliness" and "no beauty." He was a very ordinary appearing man. In fact, when Christ became man, He "took upon him the form of a servant |literally 'slave'|" (Philippians 2:7). Matthew, referring to Isaiah 53:4, says that He even "took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses" (Matthew 8:17).

What all this means may not be clear, but it does seem to tell us that Jesus was a very ordinary sort of man, physically. Furthermore, humanly speaking, He was quite poor, having been raised in the despised town of Nazareth, in the impoverished province of Galilee. "Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor," we are told (2 Corinthians 8:9).

Yet this ordinary person was none other than the incarnate Creator, the Son of God! He had come, as the "Son of man"--[/i]representing all people, most of whom are also just average men and women[i]--"to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).

Then, even His tender body was beaten beyond recognition and His meager possessions taken away, when He was "made . . . sin for us, who knew no sin" (2 Corinthians 5:21), and died in our place, to save us ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny in the world to come! HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2010
Listen to My Voice
Tina Porter

[td][size=14pt]
Do not be deceived, I will not be mocked, I will not be mocked, says the Lord, I am with you, to cover you, to bring you out,
to strengthen and establish you.

Hear Me now, I am about to release an anointing, one that will bring healing and hope to all who serve Me.
It is My desire to cause My people to make wealth, great wealth.
I long to fill the treasuries of those who love Me, and do My will.
Your hope has not been in vain, says the Lord, I have spoken, it is done.
Listen to Me, My voice, I will teach you what you are to say, where you are to go, what you are to do.
Sell this, buy that, can I not do it? I am able. Yes I am able, says the Lord.
Let the weak say, "I am strong," let the poor say, "I am rich". watch your words ,declares the lord, watch them very carefully,
out of the fruit of your lips, says the Lord,
I will do it. I will do it.[/size][/td]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22am On Feb 03, 2010
Henrygirl:

@OLAADEGBU

Welcome back brother! Thank you for posting the video! smiley

A Christian sister and I were having a discussion about how a woman is supposed to love her husband. I admit, living in the U.S., women's rights have greatly marred the biblical concept of a woman's attitude and role in marriage. The discussion was centered around Ephesians 5:33 "Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband" and Ephesians 5:22 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." The dilemma arose when the subject became how much is too much for a woman to love her husband? How far does she demonstrate this love? American women deplore this verse of scripture because most don't like the concept of giving a man any iota of control over her. The bible teaches that Sarah called her husband "lord". Christian women understand and most accept this command. I believe wives should give their all to their husbands, placing his needs and happiness before anyone else. Husbands should do the same.

You hit the nail in the head with the verses you quoted just as grace5 has done, and may I add this: "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as to the Lord," It goes on in verse 25 to say: "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it" (See Ephesians 5:22-33).

One thing I observed here is the fact that God did not say that wives should love their husbands instead He said that they should submit to them for obvious reasons. It is natural for women to love their husbands when the husbands provides and protects her. It is the husband that needs the special grace of God to love his wife just as the wife needs the grace to submit when things are not going right. A man who understands that Jesus Christ sacrificed His life's blood for the church will likewise love his wife sacrificially by honouring and respecting her just as he will do to his own body and in this atmosphere of love and security will make it easy for a godly wife just as in Proverbs 31 to willingly submit to her husband not because the husband is better but simply because it is God's command and order for His creation. It only takes one person to play his or her role and before you know it the other will follow suit.

The women liberation or feminism movement in civilised societies reject the God given formula that makes marriage work. They think that they know best and they thus lead many (including those who look up to them in the third world countries) to suffer the heartbreaking consequences of destroyed marriages and ruined lives.

The moment we begin to be unequally yoked in marriage by marrying unbelievers or those pretending to be believers we lay a shaky foundation for the success of our marriages and child upbringing. The Christian ideal of marriage is not one of an authoritarian and chauvinistic male holding his wife in submission like an obedient dog. It's the very opposite.

In contrast to the many established religions in the world that treat their women as second class citizens, the holy Scriptures gives our wives a place of honour, dignity and worth that is expressed clearly in Proverbs 31. Add godly wisdom to your love and your marriage will not fail.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32am On Feb 03, 2010
@henrygirl,

Because of the question you asked I repost the testimony of a wise woman who won her husband and marriage back with the help of godly wisdom.

OLAADEGBU:

A Lesson For Married Couples And Singles

You can enjoy and be revived daily, she's God's perfect match for you, maybe a change of attitude will help.
read on !

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and
said,

'I've got something to tell you'.

She sat down and ate quietly.  Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.
Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth.  But I had to let her know what
I was thinking.  I want a divorce.  I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly,

'Why?'

I avoided her question.  This made her angry.  She threw away the chopsticks
and  shouted at me,

'You are not a man!'

That night, we didn' t talk to each other.  She was weeping.  I knew she
wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage.  But I could hardly
give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to a lovely girl
called Dew.  I did'nt love her anymore.  I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that
she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.  She glanced
at it and then tore it into pieces.  The woman who had spent ten years of
her life with me had  become a stranger.  I felt sorry for her wasted time,
resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved
Dew so dearly.  Finally she cried  loudly in front of me, which was what I
had expected to see.  To me her cry was actually a kind of release.  The idea
of divorce which had obsessed me for several  weeks seemed to be firmer and
clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at
the table.  I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep
very fast  because I was tired after an eventful day with Dew.  When I woke
up, she was still there at the table writing.  I just did not care so I
turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn't want
anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce.  She
requested that in that  one month we both struggle to live as normal a life
as possible.  Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a months time
and she didn't want to disrupt  him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me.  But she had something more, she asked me to
recall how I had carried her into our bridal room on our wedding day.  She
requested that everyday for the month's duration I carry her out of our
bedroom to the front door every morning.  I thought she was
going crazy.   Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted
her odd request.

I told Dew about my wife's divorce conditions.  She laughed loudly and
thought it was absurd.  No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face
the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was
explicitly expressed.  So when I carried her out on the first day, we both
appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mummy in his
arms.  His words brought me a sense of pain.  From the bedroom to the sitting
room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms.  She
closed her eyes and said softly;

'Don't tell our son about the divorce'.

I nodded, feeling somewhat upset.  I put her down outside the door.  She went
to  wait for the bus to work.  I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily.  She leaned on my
chest.  I could smell the fragrance of her blouse.  I realized that I hadn' t
looked at this woman carefully for a long time.  I realised she was  not
young any more.  There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying!
Our marriage had taken its toll on her.  For a minute I wondered what I had
done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a  sense of intimacy
returning.  This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to
me.   On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of
intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Dew about this.   It became
easier to carry her as the month slipped by.  Perhaps the everyday workout
made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning.  She tried on quite a few dresses
but could not find a suitable  one.  Then she sighed, all my dresses have
grown bigger.  I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the
reason why I could carry her more easily.
Suddenly it hit me.  She had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart.
Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.  Our son came in at the
moment and said,

'Dad, it's time to carry mum out.'   To him, seeing his father
carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his  life.  My wife
gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly.  I turned my face
away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute.  I then
held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom,  through the sitting room, to
the hallway.  Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her
body tightly, it was just like our wedding day.  But her much lighter weight made me sad.   On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step.  Our son had gone
to school.  I held her tightly and said, I had'nt noticed that our life lacked intimacy.

I drove to office,  jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the
door.  I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind,  I walked
upstairs.  Dew opened the door and I said to her,

'Sorry, Dew, I do not want the divorce anymore.'

She looked at me, astonished.  Then touched my forehead.

'Do you have a fever?'

She said.  I moved her hand off my head.

'Sorry, Dew', I said,  'I won't divorce.  My marriage life was boring
probably because  she and I didn't value the details of our lives, not
because we didn't love each other any more.  Now I realise that since I
carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until
death do us apart
.'

Dew seemed to suddenly wake up.  She gave me  a loud slap and then slammed
the door and burst into tears.  I walked downstairs and drove away.  At the
floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife.  The
salesgirl asked me what to  write on the card.  I smiled and wrote,

'I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.'

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship.
It is not the mansion, the car, property , the money in the bank,  blah, blah,  blah.   These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves.  So find time to be
your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that  build intimacy.  Do have a real happy marriage!

If you don't share this, nothing will happen to you, but if you do, you just might save a marriage.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:52am On Feb 03, 2010
A Word to the Wives

"Wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without a word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear" (I Peter 3:1,2).

These verses contain a special promise to wives with unsaved husbands. In view of the Biblical injunctions against a Christian marrying an unbeliever (e.g., I Corinthians 7:39; II Corinthians 6:14), this promise applies more directly to a wife who has become a Christian after marriage.

Since a woman is not to "teach" her husband (I Corinthians 14:35) unless he willingly asks her to do so, she must first witness to him "without a word," letting her "chaste conversation" (that is, manner of living) coupled with "fear" (that is, due honour and respect for her husband) do her witnessing for her. The "ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price" (I Peter 3:4) can become a beautiful "adorning" (v.3), which will eventually convince a stubborn mind and win a hardened heart.

Note also the emphasis on "your own" husbands. A Christian wife, rebuffed in spiritual matters by an unconverted husband, may be unconsciously inclined to compare her husband unfavourably to her pastor or other Christian male acquaintances, taking their counsel rather than that of her husband. But this is not the will of God (except, of course, when her husband’s demands are clearly contrary to God’s revealed word), and is not the way to win her husband to Christ. This approach may be unpopular today, but it is still effective, because it is still true.

This is a conditional promise, but if the wife meets the conditions set forth, she can expect God to work. It may take time, for the wife’s behaviour must be tested with time, but then the divine promise is (literally) "they shall without a word be won by the life and attitude of the wives." HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 12:55am On Feb 03, 2010
@Grace5 and OLAADEGBU

I thank you both for your contributions on the topic of marriage. I have read thoroughly each post and will share them with my friends and family. When it is all said and done, the model to follow is always Jesus. I thank God for His provisions and guidance in the lives of His people and those whom He touches through us. I will pray for all marriages when I pray for my own. What would we do without God in marriage? I shutter to think about those who do not include Him into their marriages. Again, thank you both for enlightening me on this subject. God bless you both! I love you and will always cherish our fellowship.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 1:02am On Feb 03, 2010
@OLAADEGBU

I must say that as I read the testimony above, I imagined the husband carrying his wife every day for a month through their home. In a moment, instead of the husband carrying his wife, I saw Christ carrying his wounded and worn daughter in like fashion; yet instead of carrying her through the house, he was carrying her through the turbulence of the trial to a safe haven. I wanted to share this with everyone. Thanks OLAADEGBU. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2010
Much has been said over the past few years about the "Joseph Company" that the Lord has hidden for these last days. I believe that just as the Lord brought the children of Israel out of their wilderness of testing after 40 years, and just as He has brought the church out of our wilderness, so is the Lord releasing His Joseph Company from their confinement.

Psa.105:17-21 - "He sent a man before them, Joseph, who was sold as a slave. They afflicted his feet with fetters. He himself was laid in irons; until the time that his word came to pass, the word of the Lord tested him. The king sent and released him, the ruler of peoples, and set him free. He made him lord of his house, and ruler over all his possessions."

I heard the Lord say "storehouse", and I knew that He was speaking about His "Josephs". These are the believers who have been filled with the Word for many years in preparation for feeding His people during the times of famine - both natural and spiritual famine.

Amos 8:11,12 - "Behold, days are coming, when I will send a famine on the land. Not a famine for bread, but rather for hearing the words of the Lord. And people will stagger from sea to sea, they will go to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, "

We'll recognize the "Josephs", because these are the ones who are already "feeding His sheep" (John 21:15-17). They may be teachers, pastors, evangelists, etc., but they have developed a lifestyle of sharing the word and of living, "not by bread alone, but by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord." (Deut.8:3) They have been tested by the Word over many years, and they have been found worthy. The light of God's Glory can been seen on them as it draws people to them. Just as the rest of the known world came to Joseph during the famine, giving him (Pharaoh) all their money, livestock, and land (Gen.47), I believe that we will soon see the fulfillment of Isaiah 60:

Isa.60:3;5 - "And nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising,  Then you will see and be radiant, and your heart will thrill and rejoice; because the abundance of the sea will be turned to you, the wealth of the nations will come to you."

Nugget of Gold: Could this be the beginning of the great transfer of wealth that has been prophesied? I believe that the Joseph Company will be used by God to provide both spiritual and natural sustenance in the days ahead.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On Feb 03, 2010
Daily Manna

The Majesty of God.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TEXT: JOB 37:1-13

"God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend" (Job 37:5).

God often speaks through nature. He speaks by summer and by winter. He can manifest Himself by wind, by storm, by calm. Whatever is sublime and potent, whatever is sweet and gentle, whatever is fear and inspiring, whatever is soothing, whatever is beautiful to the eye, God may employ. The heavens above and the procession of the season are various manifestations of God.

Proper consideration of God’s majesty in the thunder and lightening is enough to appall the stoutest heart, confound the wisest mind and fill all with humility and devotion. God does not leave Himself without witness of His greatness and of His goodness even to the most stupid and unthinking. Thunder is referred to in the above text as the voice of God because by it, He speaks to the children of men to fear Him. "The heaven declare the glory of God, and firmament showeth his handwork" (Psalm 19:1).

We must take notice of the glory of God, not only in the thunder and lightning, but in the more common revolutions of the weather. God created all these that men may perform His will, and avail themselves of the influence of the sun, moon, time and season to cultivate the earth for the sustenance of mankind. The providence of God is to be acknowledged, both by husbandmen in the field and travelers upon the road. It is then sin and folly to contend with God by worshiping the creatures rather then the Creator. Gazing into the stars or moon to foretell the future is outright confrontational to the will and plan of God. As the All-knowing God, let us depend upon Him for sustenance and strength to weather through the challenges of life.

Thought for today: All things bright and beautiful, The Lord God made them all.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 5:07pm On Feb 03, 2010
"I Exalt Thee" by Jeff Fenholt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeW0msip9iQ

Psalms 118: 28
Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.

Lyrics:

For thou, art Lord on high above all the earth
Thou art exalted far above all gods (2x)

I exalt thee, I exalt thee
I exalt thee, O lord (2x)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
What Jesus Saw
February 3, 2010

"And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. Then Jesus turned, and saw them following" (John 1:37-38)

There are seven times in the Gospel of John where "Jesus saw" something which led Him to action. First, when Jesus saw the two disciples mentioned in our text, He invited them to come with Him, and their lives were changed forever. Then, the next day "Jesus saw Nathanael" (John 1:47) and also called him as one of the twelve disciples.

At the pool of Bethesda in Jerusalem, there was a man who had been crippled for 38 years. But "when Jesus saw him" (John 5:6), He healed him and made him whole. Back in Galilee, as He was teaching His disciples, "Jesus . . . saw a great company come unto him" (John 6:5), and this soon led to the great miracle of the feeding of 5,000 men with just five loaves and two small fishes.

Another great miracle took place, presumably in Jerusalem. As He was passing by, "Jesus . . . saw a man which was blind from his birth" (John 9:1) and proceeded to open his eyes. At the small town of Bethany, a close friend of Jesus named Lazarus was worse than blind--he was dead! His two sisters, Mary and Martha, along with many friends, were mourning bitterly when Jesus finally came. But "when Jesus therefore saw . . . |Mary| weeping" (John 11:33), He also wept and then called for Lazarus, already dead for four days, to come forth alive from the grave, and he came!

Then, at the cross as He was being crucified, His own mother was there, as well as His beloved disciple John. "When Jesus therefore saw his mother" (John 19:26), He commissioned John to care for her after He was gone.

Our Lord Jesus does see us, and sees our needs, and He does care. And there is a soon-coming day when He "shall wipe away all tears from |our| eyes" (Revelation 21:4). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Henrygirl(f): 5:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2010
Henrygirl:

"I Exalt Thee" by Jeff Fenholt

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeW0msip9iQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeW0msip9iQ

Psalms 118: 28
Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.

Lyrics:

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
Below is a testimony of how a marriage that was on the brink of breaking got restored. 

Dr. George Crane was a newpaper columnist and at the same time a Christian minister.  He said of the story of a frustrated wife who came into his office seeking a divorce.  She said:

"I do not only want to get rid of him, I want to hurt him as much as he has he has me.

Dr. Crane suggested an interesting plan: "Go home and act as if you really love your husband.  Tell him how much he means to you.  Praise him for every decent trait.  Go out of your way to be as kind, considerate and generous as possible.  Spare no efforts to please him, to enjoy him.  Make him believe you love him.  After you've convinced him of your undying love and that you cannot live without him, then drop the bomb.  Tell him that you're getting a divorce.  That will really hurt him."

With revenge in her eyes, she smiled and exclaimed, "Beautiful, beautiful.  Will he ever be surprised!"

And she carried out the Dr's prescription to the letter, pretending to mean it.  This she did for 2 months by showing kindness, not nagging nor insulting, giving, sharing, showing love and affection.

When she didn't come back to Dr Crane he decided to give her a call and said: "Are you ready
now to go through with the divorce
?"

"Divorce?" she exclaimed.  "NeverI discovered I really do love him."

It is amazing how her actions of pretence had changed her feelings. wink
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
Formed to be Inhabited
February 3, 2010

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:18)

This verse is the key proof-text for the "gap theory," which attempts to accommodate the evolutionary "ages" of geology by placing them in a hypothetical gap between the first two verses of Genesis. Genesis 1:2 states: "The earth was without form" (Hebrew, tohu), but Isaiah says, "he created it not in vain" (same word, tohu). Thus, it is argued that the earth became "tohu" long after the primeval creation, as a result of Satan's rebellion in heaven supposedly allowing the geological ages to be inserted between these two events.

Actually, the meaning of tohu is very flexible; it occurs 20 times and is translated 10 different ways, depending on context. In our text above, Isaiah was not writing about the initial state of the creation, but the purpose of the creation, that purpose being to provide a beautiful and appropriate home for mankind.

The translation "in vain" was required by Isaiah's context, just as "without form" best fits the context in Genesis 1:2. There is no conflict, since the two passages are dealing with two different subjects, and Isaiah's message simply extols God's ultimate and certain goal for His creation.

When God first created the space/time universe, only the basic elements of the earth (Genesis 1:1) were created, with neither structure nor inhabitant, but that was not its full purpose. God had merely "created" the heavens according to this verse. But then, with great care, He formed the earth, made the earth, and established the earth, and all this was done to make it ready to be inhabited by men and women who would share His image and know His love. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12am On Feb 04, 2010
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXSicAvB_c0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]

henrygirl, do you know whether this man is now a Christian?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47am On Feb 04, 2010
Let the Glory of the Lord Rise among us -- Holland Davis

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM-bzQkyJ1o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2010
Daily Manna

We Cannot Find Him Out.
Thursday, February 4, 2010

TEXT: Job 37:14-24

"Touching the Almighty, we cannot find him out: he is excellent in power, and in judgment, and in plenty of justice: he will not afflict" (Job 37:23).

In January 1993, it was reported that some Russian scientists were planning to unfurl a glistening sheet of plastic in space as a first step toward testing the possibility of turning night into day — or at least twilight. Tucked aboard a cargo spacecraft attached to the Mir space station an experiment called Znamya, or Banner, that would test the idea of using a mirror in space to reflect sunlight down to earth. In much the way a schoolchild playing with a hand mirror learns to reflect a spot of light from a bright window into the room, some scientists believe they can put large, orbiting mirrors above earth that could illuminate darkened areas below with spots of reflected sunlight. If it can be done, proponents say, providing sunshine at night could save billions of dollars each year in electrical lighting costs.

Man has gone a long way on the race of discovery but progress so far when put together is totally incomparable to the creative power of the Almighty. Elihu in this chapter show the greatness of God as it appears in His works of nature, incomprehensible and unknown in various respects; as the snow and rain. From all this, he praised the terrible majesty, unreachable nature and wisdom of God, the excellency of His power and justice; and that men are inadequate, limited in wisdom, and therefore should fear and reverence God.

Those who navigate little streams and shallow creeks, know but little of the God of tempests; but those who "do business in great waters," see His "wonders in the deep." Among the huge Atlantic-waves of bereavement, poverty, temptation, and reproach, we learn the power of Jehovah, because we feel the littleness of man.

When next you pass through situations too overwhelming to understand, remember that the all-knowing and the all-seeing God watches you.

Thought for today: You are a proof of God’s workmanship.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14am On Feb 04, 2010
A couple drove several kilometres down a road, not saying a word. An earlier conversation had led to a big argument, neither wanted to concede their position. As they passed a farm of cows and pigs, the husband sarcastically asked his wife,

"Relatives of yours?"

"Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws" shocked
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:15am On Feb 04, 2010
[b]
Why On Earth

My child, the world and its desires are passing away for those who do
My will. Therefore why on earth are you spending all your time and
energy think about that which is of the world? Instead My beloved come
to your senses, and no longer feed on the stuff which causes you to
sink deeper into the mire of which I have already lifted you out of,
so that your feet may be planted upon solid ground.

Beloved, throughout this past season, your vision has been shrouded
over by a thick dense fog; preventing you from seeing past yourself
and your closest surroundings. But child in your hand is the double-
edged sword of the Spirit, of which you are able to cut through this
black cloud. For all authority has been to you; to either speak life
or death by the power of the spoken word, despite the absence of sight.

After all, it is by faith you are justified by faith as you hear and
believe My word. Therefore arm yourself with such knowledge, and begin
to blow away the darkness by My Spirit. For My words are Spirit and
life, and as you open your mouth to make such declarations, My Spirit
will dispel the darkness so that you may begin to see the substance
of that which you hope for.

My child it is not My desire that you go hungry; nearly starving to
death, when it is My will to not only fill and satisfy you with every
good thing. But also that you would actually grow fat with the anointing,
in order that you may break the heavy yokes from those (including
yourself) whom are burdened.

Therefore return to Me with all of your heart, for because I am
compassionate I will run towards and embrace you. For all I have is
yours, and it is My good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Come follow
Me My beloved, for I have prepared a feast at My banqueting table and I
wish for you to dine with Me.[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:32am On Feb 04, 2010
Paul's Method for Success
February 4, 2010

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14)

Success has become a modern fetish, it seems--from selfhelp seminars, to multi-level marketing schemes, to the yuppie mentality. A motivational and success-oriented mindset has even spilled over into the church. Instead of employing such worldly methods, however, we should emulate the lives and methods of successful biblical examples, such as the apostle Paul.

In this passage, Paul explains his secrets. First, he kept his attention on important things. Earthly things were of no value (vv. 7-cool, while the knowledge of Christ and His sufferings was of great value (vv. 8, 10). Paul's desire was to acquire the "righteousness . . . which is through the faith of Christ" (v. 9), and to attain eternal life (v. 11).

Second, he had a proper view of himself. He knew he was imperfect (v. 12) and incomplete (v. 13), having worth only through the work of Christ. Third, he didn't dwell on past mistakes. Once forgiven through repentance and faith in Christ, he knew that he need no longer bear the guilt for his mistakes, and must not let them hinder his present ministry.

Fourth, Paul looked forward to the future, stretching himself to reach his goals (vv. 13-14). And his goals were high[i]--"the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus"[/i] (v. 14).

What is the prize which awaits those who are successful in this high calling? "Our |citizenship| is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body" (vv. 20-21). JDM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:13pm On Feb 04, 2010
THE GIFT OF TONGUES

a study outline by Pastor Terry Somerville

1. Tongues means "languages"

- these may be known human languages
Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

-these may be unknown languages, even heavenly languages

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,

1 Corinthians 14:2 howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

2. Tongues is a gift the Holy Spirit gives to "my spirit" so my spirit can pray

, my mind cannot produce it, or comprehend it. It seems foolish
1 Corinthians 14:14 For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

3. Speaking in unknown tongues is praying, blessing, & thanking in the spirit

1 Corinthians 14:15-17 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified.

4. Speaking in tongues is speaking to God

1 Corinthians 14:2 For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

5. Speaking in tongues edifies (builds up) the speaker

. He is praying from the very deepest part of his being , in union with the Holy Spirit, in a way unhindered by the natural mind
1 Corinthians 14:4 He that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue edifieth himself,

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

6. When these languages are spoken in public and are recognized they are a sign to unbelievers

1Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not,

Acts 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

7. When these languages are unknown there should be a gift of interpretation following tongues to edify the church.

This is equivalent to prophecy.
1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an [unknown] tongue, [let it be] by two, or at the most [by] three, and [that] by course; and let one interpret.

8. God will give a speaker in tongues the power to interpret if he asks

1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue pray that he may interpret.

9. Speaking, praying, blessing and singing in tongues is to be part of our worship

1 Corinthians 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

10. Tongues (like every gift) is affected by the character of the speaker

and can come across in a clangorous manner. It is still a genuine gift but colored by the vessel it's poured through! (This is why many Christian don't like it! -Paul's remedy is love, not elimination)
1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

11. Paul directed that tongues must not be forbidden

Many churches today are grieving the spirit by this sin.
1 Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

12. The Apostles regarded tongues as proof that the Holy Spirit had come.

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

13. Common objection - "The perfect has come (the scripture)" so we don't need tongues!

Read the whole scripture reference and ask yourself if the perfect has come or not!
1 Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

-Has knowledge vanished away?

-Do you know Him face to face?

Another objection - "The gifts ceased with the death of the apostles

." Picture it , the saints are worshipping in Jerusalem, praying in tongues, laying hands on the sick. Suddenly their voices chokes up, they pull away their hands. " Oh no! John must have died on Patmos. I'm sorry Jesus won't heal you now! But cheer up. The perfect has come."
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (115)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / If The Sexual Urge Is Too Strong & You Are Not Married, Just Do This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.