Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

15thAccount's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 15thAccount's Profile / 15thAccount's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

NYSC / Re: One Year And More After NYSC - How Is It Going? by 15thAccount: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2023
YourBestWriter:
it is 9 years now and counting for me. Finished service in 2015. I stay with my parents in the village now, and I have been their burden for years. Everything just stood still after service year, and the worst was I was unable to save.

Even my hands are tied with no money in my account. I tried to carry block in a block industry, but each labourer together agreed to refuse me that opportunity because they say that I am ajebo, and I don't belong to block industries. I don't know how they find out that I am a book person even though I tried so hard to hide it.

Sometimes I pray for a quick painless death, but everyday God kept providing food for me to eat like as if he doesn't want me to die. But i kept on arguing with him till this day in my prayers. I beg him to take my wretched life painlessly, but it is as if he's enjoying my pains.

What did you study? Your story touched me and as much as I want to I really don’t know how I can help. If you see this send aza, let me send small something.

2 Likes

Romance / Re: Which Category Do You Fall In? by 15thAccount: 7:16pm On May 04, 2023
More pictures 😭😭

Romance / Which Category Do You Fall In? by 15thAccount: 7:16pm On May 04, 2023
To the girls which babe are you and to the guys which babe are you dating?
😂😂

3 Likes 6 Shares

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Your Opinions For Change In Career by 15thAccount: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
sukkot:
try coding. python

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqtD5dpn9C8

Small thing una don recommend coding, 😂, you even drop video join. With the way the industry is looking with layoffs and startups shutting down, it’s not looking so enticing to beginners as it did in 2015-2019.

It’s still very profitable, but it’s difficult and the hype has dropped lately.

Coding is blood money, but na your blood you go use lol.

When I started I wanted to build an app that’ll change the world and become zuckerberg, right now, I just want to find $10m on the road and retire. Setup a huge farm and rear goats and cows and travel the world with an average-beautiful looking huge booty small waist babe.

Amin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Romance / Re: Why Is “what Do You Have To Offer” Such An Offensive Question. by 15thAccount: 1:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
Sweetplum:

Tah! Your brothers always ask for sex morning, noon n night as if sex is food!
We aren't thinking of sex, it's you guys that are sex oriented tat when you see a vulnerable girl, you kobaaa straight!
Some of you ll be prosecuted for non consensual sex soon.

If a man want a serious relationship with you, and you’re having these serious discussions and he’s asks you what you’re bringing to the table, would you be be offended?
Romance / Why Is “what Do You Have To Offer” Such An Offensive Question. by 15thAccount: 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2023
So for a couple of years, there has been a trend of men who are about to get into relationships ask the prospective “girlfriend” “what she has to offer”, or “what she brings to the table”.

I see that a lot of women find this very offensive and other times even insulting and I’m curious as to why.

If you were to enter a serious relationship with someone, isn’t it worth discussing what both of you are offering the other, thing that you both could bring and build up on?

I mean, I believe women could also ask men the question too so everyone is clear about what they bring the table.

Everyone knows in relationships, women expect certain things from men, and men expect certain things from women too. Is it wrong to have this discussion with an adult you expect to spend the rest of your life with?

Many times, the women might not be earning much, so money wasn’t even much of an expectation, but what of other things?
Being a good steward and able to manage a home,
Good financial habits.
Big on loyalty, so I’d always have your back.
Having certain goals and aspirations and taking actionable steps towards them.

So many others that I can’t list off the top of my head, that isn’t related to money.

If a man meets a 20 something year old girl, he’s not
Expecting her to be rich, he does expect her to at least have a plan for her life and maybe a 10year/5 year plan or something mapped out for herself and consistently taking actionable steps towards it. He probably also expects her to bring a stable personality and Financially responsible mindset.

Not living in the moment and dreaming of fairy tales.

Nigerian women are very ambitious, a lot of women in low end jobs are taking ielts, applying for masters, leaving the country to other countries in search of a better life, some are running legit businesses and earning well while some are doing well for themselves in their careers, lawyers, doctors, bankers, engineers etc . They have their lives in order.

I’m wondering if these achieving/hardworking women also get offended by the “what do you bring to the table?” Question or welcome it, or is it only a subset of women that get offended and make it look like it’s all Nigerian women. It’s even an opportunity to express yourself and let the man feel lucky to be with you IMHO,

As a man, if I meet a girl I intend to be serious with, I’ll tell you what I plan to do for “us” the things I’d bring to our relationship to build on, the things I’m currently working on etc and I’ll also expect same from you.

Career, finances, feeding, different topics we could explore.

So my question is, What about the question is inherently offensive?

Mods please help a brother, I need answers

1 Like

Properties / Re: The New Lagos Offers You Acceptance,luxury,peace,affordability+2349030188831 by 15thAccount: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2022
No problem
Family / Re: I Made A Widow Smiled Last Night. by 15thAccount: 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2022
ahnie:
Yesterday I visited the mall to get toiletries, snacks and beverages for my gangs
It was an impromptu buying. I was actually dodging from buying it, but my gangs just wouldn't let me.

We got all we wanted, ate and arrived home with our loots.

I was trying to fit all we bought inside the kitchen, when I heard the voice of a neighbor, like she stays 2 compound away from mine.

She's a widow who recently lost her husband to the cold hands of death this year (June) precisely and saddled with the lone responsibility of taking care of her 3 lil boys
She came to buy fufu (akpu) for her sons to eat.

I don't know what prompted me, I invited her inside my pavement, then slashed my loots into 3 places then gave her 1 part including a crate of egg idling away.

She started crying cry cry cry,father lawd I was confused the more, you needed to see the joys in her face.

I knew my kids needed those things badly, but here was a woman who needed it more than us.

I have planned gifting her 2 paints of rice during Xmas period to put smiles on her face. May God make things easier for every one of us.

The economy is hard at the moment, but let's try and help one another. People are going thru alot, it takes the grace of God for some people to even afford 1 square meal.

Hers was pics 1.
Pics 3&4 for my gangs

Pics 2.....my boy refused sharing his and he held on to his loot grin grin

Good evening, I was touched going through your story and would love to assist the widow in my own small way. If you could get the widow to drop her account details, I will assist with something small. Of course I know many people don’t feel comfortable dropping their account details online, but there’s no other way I can reach out.
Properties / Re: How Much Does Tn by 15thAccount: 1:03am On Sep 15, 2022
Zanzibar1:
15thAccount my mind just flashed with thoughts of you. I am grateful for the other day sir.
Stay blessed

Aww, thanks bro. I appreciate.
Did you manage with the laptop you wanted to get?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: I Just Got An Admission Into Stutern, What Should I Expect? by 15thAccount: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Hi guys. I just got an admission into Stutern to learn UI/UX design. Who here has attended Stutern before? What should I expect after graduation?

Is the payment worth it? Are the teachings immersive? Please, share your experiences with me. Thank you.

CC; Karleb, Tensazangetsu20

Does stutern guarantee you a job after graduation? Or at least assist with the job hunt, if you’re going to go with a paid program, that’s something they should certainly assist you with else you’re better off learning on your own, since you’re still providing your internet and laptop.

Getting your first job in tech is the hard part, it’s the same across all disciplines in tech be it ui/ux, product management or software.

Getting your second job isn’t so difficult but getting your foot in the door is. You should do a lot of inquiry about how stutern helps its graduates with jobs and also search for alumni on LinkedIn and see if they can share useful experiences with you.

Goodluck in your endeavors, you have a bright career ahead.

8 Likes 1 Share

Events / Re: My Ugly Experience At A Friend's Party by 15thAccount: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2022
Better days ahead bro. One thing I’ll say is don’t feel inferior because of clothes and gadgets.

I buried myself in a cave for most of my life due to Sapa, I didn’t go out, no one invited me to events and I wouldn’t have honored any because I felt I wasn’t good enough.

There are people with a lot less than what you have currently but they give out so much positive energy and are genuinely happy. I envy these guys, you’ll see the way they laugh and crack jokes and think they have everything good in the world.

You even get android, I almost don’t have any picture from the past 9 years, since it was the small “palasa” phones I kept managing.

I won’t lie nice clothes and gadgets are useful and are nice to have but don’t disconnect from everyone because you feel inferior. Even when money comes, the damage you’ll do to your mental health now might not be easy to fix.

Stay positive while you grind bro. Better days ahead.

657 Likes 58 Shares

Education / Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
15thAccount:

It takes a lot of discipline especially when you have another job you’re doing

Let’s start with the first

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

Go to this app and resgister

You’re to start with the first section I marked in the image below.

The first 2 sections should take you 1 month. And they’re the foundation of what you’ll need

Let me know if you have any issues
Education / Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
dgee1:
No problem,boss. I understand. Yes I have those two.

It takes a lot of discipline especially when you have another job you’re doing

Let’s start with the first

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

Go to this app and resgister

You’re to start with the first section I marked in the image below.

The first 2 sections should take you 1 month. And they’re the foundation of what you’ll need

Education / Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
dgee1:
Boss, still hoping to hear from you.

These are the steps you’ll follow. Your main goal is getting your first job. It should be feasible in a year or 8 months at least.

1) you’ll learn the basics (I’ll share resources with you shortly)
2) you’ll learn more advanced concepts
3) you’ll build reasonably sized and useful projects
4) you’ll create your CV, you need to put the right technology and use the right phrases, you could also pay experts for this
5) Job hunting for your first role.

I broke down your journey into five steps and I’ll try to
Guide you on each step.

1 Like 1 Share

Education / Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
dgee1:
Boss, still hoping to hear from you.

Sorry for the late response, I’ve been a bit occupied.

You have a laptop and internet connection right?
They’re the most important right now.
Education / Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2022
dgee1:
Hello bro, I stumbled on this post while searching for something, and I honestly don't feel it's by accident. I really want to go into tech but been running away from it because of the time required to learn. Yet time keeps going. Please I would like to connect with you and learn from you, especially about the roadmap you mentioned. I promise I would be a disturbance/nuisance.

Let’s start with how much you know about tech already.

What’s your current knowledge about tech
What do you know about what software developers do?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by 15thAccount: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2022
Zanzibar1:
I am a teacher. I work in a school that pays 18k.

It's rough out here but nobody go dash me that 18k

sent, I see you deleted your post. Luckily, I saw your mention at night and opened it in a separate tab this morning. I just came across the Tab. Don't be quick to assume wrong things. I saw your post at night and said I'll send it this morning when I wake up.

Use the small thing take hold body. Your hustle will not be in vain.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Remorse After Leaving My Job by 15thAccount: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2022
Zanzibar1:
I am a teacher. I work in a school that pays 18k.

It's rough out here but nobody go dash me that 18k

send your aza.

1 Like

Education / Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2021
oluku86:

Need to reach you please

you can quote me here to ask me anything, I'll reply when I see it.
Education / Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 9:49am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:
Please I need advice, any advice.
I graduated with a 3rd class in Chemistry from three years ago (I only blame myself for that) and after I finished my NYSC a year ago I just plunged into a depressive state in regards to my mistake (my education) and my future (career) sometimes breaking down in tears when I think of things I've taken for granted in my life.

I started working on myself a few months ago and I've made some progress I proud of but every now and then it's easy to be overwhelmed with self doubt.
I made a cv without work experience along with a cover letter a few days ago and applied for a few entry level jobs like graduate intern, sales, restaurant supervisor etc via jobberman and the companies email but I'm not too sure I'll be getting any calls from them.
I didn't come here to get sympathy just an honest advice or opinion on what to do.

Can I do a pgd in chemical engineering or just chemistry or pursue a business or computer/tech course, are there jobs I can get with my degree maybe to get skills and work experience?
I deeply appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Hey, I don't know if you'll ever see this, as there are many posts before mine, but i was a similar boat as yours, I graduated with a third class about 3-4 years ago and this was after 3 extra years. I graduated with no skills and no experiences, inferiority complex and social anxiety. I was learning animation for a while before I decided to go into tech. Even though tech is stressful, the growth is exponential, even compared to what you see in other industries, you'll probably earn in your first year what others in industries like banking or insurance earn after 2 to 3 years.

You'll say your salary as a developer on nairaland and it'll cause fight, because many Nigerians cannot fathom how someone will earn that kind of money in this economy. Nobody will believe you. so basically tech gives you the potential to earn unbelievable salary lmao.

People outside of tech don't understand and think about guys telling you "let me build a website for you 10k". That's not the tech industry i'm talking about. on average junior devs earn about 150k to 350k here in Nigeria every month, If its a foreign Job, its about 1000 - 2000 dollars every month.

My Advice.
Pick up a laptop and do your research of how to go into tech, learn necessary skills like HTML and CSS and Javascript and a backend language, It would probably take you a year to be comfortable (I learnt for about a year or two, before getting my first role). Developers are in high demand in Nigeria, because many experienced developers go on to work for foreign companies remotely, so many Nigerian firms need to constantly hire devs to replace them.

This is the only advice I can give now, because it worked for me and I don't regret, I still feel some inferiority complex and social anxiety gathered over the years while i was in school due to the consistent F9's and my broke state (seriously broke all those years). But I generally feel a lot better than I did, I've made some worthwhile friends, I'm very comfortable and I feel I have a direction which I never felt all my days in school.
Of course I also pray, so God is very involved too. If you are an atheist, know that I have a lot of agnostic friends who are doing quite well (them boku for tech), but I know that personally, I couldn't manage without God.

If you're serious about this and want to give this a shot, quote me and I'll give you a roadmap or possible roadmaps you can follow to get your first tech job. Its not easy at all(you'll have to learn algorithms and data structures and read a lot of theory) but its very worth it.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Webmasters / Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by 15thAccount: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

no remote work will pay you 130k except you are based in the US

Exactly what I said, it’s a lot cheaper for the company to pay 70k to hire the same level of talent remotely in india or Africa than to pay 130k plus in the US

1 Like

Webmasters / Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by 15thAccount: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

you are very funny

sen dev 70k dolls in nigeria? what is minimum wage in Nigeria

Not Nigeria, remote work. It’s a lot cheaper for them because they’d pay close to $130k plus other benefits for the same same position in the US

3 Likes

Webmasters / Re: How Much Should Be The Minimum Earnings Of A Developer? by 15thAccount: 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
It depends on your position

In Nigeria

Junior devs earn anything between 80-250k larger startups like opay, paystack, terragon grp etc could even go as high as 300-350 depending on how talented you are

Mid level guys earn anything from 250-600, again depends on the company.

Seniors earn 600 and above. A dev once told me andela seniors earn about 800 upwards, alongside company perks, like lunch, transport and bonuses etc

Many senior and mid level devs move on to remote jobs though, especially the very talented ones. That’s where the money is since you earn in dollars or euros depending on the form that employed you. At that point you’d be talking over a million per month and yes they’re more common than you think

Below is a junior developer opening on stackoverflow so you get the drill. It doesn’t mean such jobs are easy to get, that’s why I said the very talented ones

Seniors are upwards of $70,000

modified

No Nigerian company will pay you $70k. At least none that I know of. I was referring to remote work.

The stackoverflow listing below is remote, it’s not a Nigerian firm, if you have the required qualifications, you can apply. Hopefully you get an interview

42 Likes 4 Shares

Programming / Re: What Kind Of Technologies Will I Need To Build A Fintech Application? by 15thAccount: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Wow, thanks men. I never thought like this at all.

If there’s anything you don’t understand let me know, so I try to explain better, or better still provide resources that might help you out.

You will certainly need node to build the backend of your app. I was just showing you a hack to emulate a backend. It is very insecure and I doubt anyone uses it in the industry. Once you’re done implementing your login and logout functionality. Then move on to your backend. There are very good 3rd party libraries for authentication like passportjs
Programming / Re: What Kind Of Technologies Will I Need To Build A Fintech Application? by 15thAccount: 7:08am On Jun 12, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

My JavaScript is okay. I have been learning JavaScript for like ten hours a day for the past month. I also have a lot of projects but they are all boring like calculators, quote generators and stupid shit like that. How would you recommend I go about adding JavaScript to the data base.
What I wanna achieve is this:

Create a unique username to login to the website.

When that username is entered a new page which would house the app is delivered. If it's back end I don't mind going with nodejs since it's still JavaScript and I believe I can learn it easily.

You don’t need node at this point, JavaScript has access to your browsers local storage, which can serve as a database for this use case.

The browser provides an api called storage, just like the DOM, which you can use for crud operations.
Storage.set(key, value),
Storage.get(value).

Imagine this workflow. When a user wants to sign up, he enters a username and a password. Once he clicks the sign up button, you’ve already set up an event listener in your js file to take in the username and password and store them in local storage. Maybe storage.set(username, password).

When someone intends to login, once he provides a username and password, in your event listener method, you take in the username name, use a storage.get(username) which returns the password (or returns null if no password exists) then you compare the password provided by the user to the password returned from storage.get(username)

If both are the same it means the user credentials are valid. Then you can route/redirect the user to any page you want, using another browser api “location.assign(relative url)” which routes the user to the relative url page. If the user credentials are invalid, you can display an error message on the login page, without redirecting the user anywhere.

Relative url simply means the url relative to your project directory I.e an absolute url is the full path to a webpage. http://www.example.com/index.html is an absolute url
a relative url would simply be index.html

1 Like

Programming / Re: What Kind Of Technologies Will I Need To Build A Fintech Application? by 15thAccount: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I am done with the UI but I am kind of stuck. You can review the page and you would see its responsive across various mobile devices. I want to create a unique login and password for the website. I want a page to show once that username and password is entered. What kind of technology would I use to achieve this? The app itself will be housed within the created page.

You’re entering JavaScript territory. How’s your JavaScript? You’ll need to catch up on js to add logic to your site. Html and css are for static webpages. Once you need to introduce some logic, like login or logout or to interact with some database, you’ll need JavaScript or some server side language.

JavaScript is the natural next step though, so carry on.

1 Like 1 Share

Music/Radio / Re: What Was/Is Your Favourite Dance Move? by 15thAccount: 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2020
All these indomie generation smh. It’s very sad you’ll never experience the thrill of real dance not all the rubbish you dance today

Nobody Dey drag dance floor with me back in the days
moonwalk

electric slide

Awilo makossa

59 Likes 4 Shares

Health / Re: Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? by 15thAccount: 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
yomi007k:

Why is your moniker a sedative? wink

grin
It’s funny, I’ve been looking for either lorazepam or diazepam for a while now.

1 Like 1 Share

Crime / Re: Family Of Uwaila Umozuwa Receives Death Threats by 15thAccount: 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
We’ve been looking at this as a rape case, what if it isn’t rape but pre-meditated murder. The rape being a form of torture before killing the victim (the main objective of the attacker).

I strongly suspect cultism. Only a cultist can be so cold blooded to rape someone in the church as they have no souls. The fact that it’s uniben makes it a lot more believable.

Remember the guy “livinus eleme” that alleged in a post on fb that she was dating two friends? What if she was dating cultists or had anything whatsoever to do with cultists.

After reading saynotocultism’s thread and especially the story of a girl that left a cultist to date a rival and how her story ended up in an acid bath, Uwa’s story wouldn’t be surprising.

So sad

Someone that should be on the run to Libya is bold enough to make death threats to the family of his victim. Naaaa, it smells like cultism to me

Smh

146 Likes 11 Shares

Programming / Re: What Kind Of Technologies Will I Need To Build A Fintech Application? by 15thAccount: 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
I built the UI though. What do you guys think. This is only the homepage for now but I am building other pages.

https://chinomso1995.github.io/mini-fintech-application

I edited some things off from pagas own though.

CC 15thAccount cbrass

This is beautiful.
Did you use bootstrap for this or vanilla css?

It came out a little mashed on my phone, but that has to do with design, you’ve admitted design isn’t your talent grin. The background image also looks a bit stretched which again is a design problem rather than structural.

It may also be my phone, it probably displays better when viewed on a laptop.

Don’t worry too much about it tho, if you begin to focus on trivial issues, you’ll spend one month on the landing page and won’t make progress on the overall project

8/10

asides that it’s responsive and beautiful, I like the sticky navbar also.

Family / Re: What My Sister Did To Her Ex (pictures) by 15thAccount: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2020
cococandy:
The only thing this thread manages to establish is that men are lower animals and have no self control? Really?
Is that okay?
Any right thinking guy should be upset with the premise and conclusions. But y’alls need to police women won’t let you see who you’re painting the male gender in an unfavorable light.

This is stupid
Does the fact that you lock your doors when you leave your house mean your neighbors are thieves?

Someone is advising girls on how to stay safe from rapists and criminals you’re bringing up cliche arguments to score cheap points.

@bolded

No right thinking guy would be upset at anything. That I’m not a rapist doesn’t mean I can vouch for another person. I give these same advice to women in my life and always urge them to be security conscious.

Smh.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.