Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Third Class Graduate With No Direction - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Third Class Graduate With No Direction (23765 Views)

Can A Third Class Graduate Apply For Masters In The USA / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by sunnx(f): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mercygreatwoman:

Please I'm ready to learn. How do I begin please

I studied Political science and grad 9 years also delayed in seeking lead me to a state security job. How this IT stuff be useful for me? But hey the salary of the state government aren't up to 90k but am in level 9 just looking for what to complete the job till I perhaps quit it and Start my own business life..
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by ArcToyin(m): 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
Start from where you are. Failure is a stage not final. Beginning they say is half done.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
I want to immersely thank everyone who showed support and gave advice & guidance. I'm very grateful and I deeply appreciate everything. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Dennismaria(m): 11:59am On Oct 31, 2021
macnino399:

Yeah, I saw it
I just replied

Hello. Please I lost access to that email account. Can you please send a mail here. Thanks
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by dgee1(m): 12:34am On Jul 28, 2022
Hello bro, I stumbled on this post while searching for something, and I honestly don't feel it's by accident. I really want to go into tech but been running away from it because of the time required to learn. Yet time keeps going. Please I would like to connect with you and learn from you, especially about the roadmap you mentioned. I promise I would be a disturbance/nuisance.

15thAccount:

Hey, I don't know if you'll ever see this, as there are many posts before mine, but i was a similar boat as yours, I graduated with a third class about 3-4 years ago and this was after 3 extra years. I graduated with no skills and no experiences, inferiority complex and social anxiety. I was learning animation for a while before I decided to go into tech. Even though tech is stressful, the growth is exponential, even compared to what you see in other industries, you'll probably earn in your first year what others in industries like banking or insurance earn after 2 to 3 years.

You'll say your salary as a developer on nairaland and it'll cause fight, because many Nigerians cannot fathom how someone will earn that kind of money in this economy. Nobody will believe you. so basically tech gives you the potential to earn unbelievable salary lmao.

People outside of tech don't understand and think about guys telling you "let me build a website for you 10k". That's not the tech industry i'm talking about. on average junior devs earn about 150k to 350k here in Nigeria every month, If its a foreign Job, its about 1000 - 2000 dollars every month.

My Advice.
Pick up a laptop and do your research of how to go into tech, learn necessary skills like HTML and CSS and Javascript and a backend language, It would probably take you a year to be comfortable (I learnt for about a year or two, before getting my first role). Developers are in high demand in Nigeria, because many experienced developers go on to work for foreign companies remotely, so many Nigerian firms need to constantly hire devs to replace them.

This is the only advice I can give now, because it worked for me and I don't regret, I still feel some inferiority complex and social anxiety gathered over the years while i was in school due to the consistent F9's and my broke state (seriously broke all those years). But I generally feel a lot better than I did, I've made some worthwhile friends, I'm very comfortable and I feel I have a direction which I never felt all my days in school.
Of course I also pray, so God is very involved too. If you are an atheist, know that I have a lot of agnostic friends who are doing quite well (them boku for tech), but I know that personally, I couldn't manage without God.

If you're serious about this and want to give this a shot, quote me and I'll give you a roadmap or possible roadmaps you can follow to get your first tech job. Its not easy at all(you'll have to learn algorithms and data structures and read a lot of theory) but its very worth it.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2022
dgee1:
Hello bro, I stumbled on this post while searching for something, and I honestly don't feel it's by accident. I really want to go into tech but been running away from it because of the time required to learn. Yet time keeps going. Please I would like to connect with you and learn from you, especially about the roadmap you mentioned. I promise I would be a disturbance/nuisance.

Let’s start with how much you know about tech already.

What’s your current knowledge about tech
What do you know about what software developers do?
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by cutieme(m): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2022
[quote author=Iseddy post=106337195][/quote]
Pls I want to learn tech,can you put me through?
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by dgee1(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2022
Thanks boss...

Well, I really don't know much about tech. But generally I understand it's the next "oil and gas" and so many things are going to depend on it going forward.

Concerning my current knowledge about tech: I was learning HTML and CSS using an ebook during the 2020 lockdown. Then I moved to JavaScript. But I chickened out when I felt JS was getting difficult. Now, I would have to start from the beginning again because I haven't been practicing.

I understand software developers write codes to solve problems.

Please can we chat on WhatsApp? My number is Zero-Eight-Zero-3-9-2-1-5-1-Two-Six

Thanks so much!

15thAccount:

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by dgee1(m): 10:45am On Jul 29, 2022
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by WIHELMINA(f): 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2022
Please I need advice, any advice.
I graduated with a 3rd class in Chemistry from three years ago (I only blame myself for that) and after I finished my NYSC a year ago I just plunged into a depressive state in regards to my mistake (my education) and my future (career) sometimes breaking down in tears when I think of things I've taken for granted in my life.

I started working on myself a few months ago and I've made some progress I proud of but every now and then it's easy to be overwhelmed with self doubt.
I made a cv without work experience along with a cover letter a few days ago and applied for a few entry level jobs like graduate intern, sales, restaurant supervisor etc via jobberman and the companies email but I'm not too sure I'll be getting any calls from them.
I didn't come here to get sympathy just an honest advice or opinion on what to do.

Can I do a pgd in chemical engineering or just chemistry or pursue a business or computer/tech course, are there jobs I can get with my degree maybe to get skills and work experience?
I deeply appreciate any advice. Thank you.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by dgee1(m): 11:57am On Aug 01, 2022
Boss, still hoping to hear from you.
15thAccount:

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
dgee1:

Sorry for the late response, I’ve been a bit occupied.

You have a laptop and internet connection right?
They’re the most important right now.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by dgee1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
No problem,boss. I understand. Yes I have those two.
15thAccount:

Sorry for the late response, I’ve been a bit occupied.

You have a laptop and internet connection right?
They’re the most important right now.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2022
dgee1:

These are the steps you’ll follow. Your main goal is getting your first job. It should be feasible in a year or 8 months at least.

1) you’ll learn the basics (I’ll share resources with you shortly)
2) you’ll learn more advanced concepts
3) you’ll build reasonably sized and useful projects
4) you’ll create your CV, you need to put the right technology and use the right phrases, you could also pay experts for this
5) Job hunting for your first role.

I broke down your journey into five steps and I’ll try to
Guide you on each step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
dgee1:
No problem,boss. I understand. Yes I have those two.

It takes a lot of discipline especially when you have another job you’re doing

Let’s start with the first

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

Go to this app and resgister

You’re to start with the first section I marked in the image below.

The first 2 sections should take you 1 month. And they’re the foundation of what you’ll need

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2022
15thAccount:

It takes a lot of discipline especially when you have another job you’re doing

Let’s start with the first

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

Go to this app and resgister

You’re to start with the first section I marked in the image below.

The first 2 sections should take you 1 month. And they’re the foundation of what you’ll need

Let me know if you have any issues
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by dgee1(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Thanks so much, bro. Na you be the real boss! Everything looks good and I'll get to work. Thank you.
15thAccount:

Let me know if you have any issues

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Latest About Admission In Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo / ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries / Things I'm Glad I Knew Before I Graduated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.