Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Third Class Graduate With No Direction - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Third Class Graduate With No Direction (23808 Views)

Can A Third Class Graduate Apply For Masters In The USA / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by mikaael(m): 10:40am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:
Please I need advice, any advice.
I graduated with a 3rd class in Chemistry from three years ago (I only blame myself for that) and after I finished my NYSC a year ago I just plunged into a depressive state in regards to my mistake (my education) and my future (career) sometimes breaking down in tears when I think of things I've taken for granted in my life.

I started working on myself a few months ago and I've made some progress I proud of but every now and then it's easy to be overwhelmed with self doubt.
I made a cv without work experience along with a cover letter a few days ago and applied for a few entry level jobs like graduate intern, sales, restaurant supervisor etc via jobberman and the companies email but I'm not too sure I'll be getting any calls from them.
I didn't come here to get sympathy just an honest advice or opinion on what to do.

Can I do a pgd in chemical engineering or just chemistry or pursue a business or computer/tech course, are there jobs I can get with my degree maybe to get skills and work experience?
I deeply appreciate any advice. Thank you.

I was like you 7 years ago
First...shake off that regret feeling...it's all in the past now
Acquire skills and keep improving yourself while still applying for Jobs
Don't hesitate to start small if you get a chance and keep building from there
I studied industrial chemistry too but I'm working with a Multinational company as a salesperson with good pay
And I haven't even done PGD

3 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by excellentj4teal(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2021
I don't know what your motivation and aspirations are in life but let me tell you. If money is all you want( just to keep making money more and more), bro go get a digital skill and forget stupid pgd or sales intern or whatsoever you applied for. You'll be glad and happy with yourself after.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Standardcosting(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:
I graduated with a 3rd class in Chemistry from three years ago (I only blame myself for that) and after I finished my NYSC a year ago I just plunged into a depressive state in regards to my mistake (my education) and my future (career) sometimes breaking down in tears when I think of things I've taken for granted in my life.

I started working on myself a few months ago and I've made some progress I proud of but every now and then it's easy to be overwhelmed with self doubt.
I made a cv without work experience along with a cover letter a few days ago and applied for a few entry level jobs like graduate intern, sales, restaurant supervisor etc via jobberman and the companies email but I'm not too sure I'll be getting any calls from them.
I didn't come here to get sympathy just an honest advice or opinion on what to do.

Can I do a pgd in chemical engineering or just chemistry or pursue a business or computer/tech course, are there jobs I can get with my degree maybe to get skills and work experience?
Why not got into IT
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Originalsly: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2021
Bro.... you have a problem with mindset. From jump ... you programmed your mind to be an employee in the Oil and Gas industry.... the reason you chose chemistry. Whether or not you were good in Chemistry didn't matter .... it was the road leading to your destination. Third Class tells us you were not good. Why are you still on the same road?
My advice to you is to get rid of the graduate mentality ... take that and your Third Class off the table. Whatever degree you are thinking of going after... if you have it today... like many others.... what is likely to be your situation? Many graduates with First Class in everything are roaming the streets or in fields of employment that have absolutely nothing related to their studies. Since the pandemic ... the world has changed. Reprogramme your mind to be self employed. Swallow your pride.... look around you ... see what opportunities are there for you to start a business ... from the bottom.... one that has few of any competitors. There are less and less jobs ... more and more applicants... applicants with better qualifications... applicants with more experience ... applicants with connections... what are your chances?

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Taiofil(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2021
Bro you focusing on the wrong aspect of your self... omo make i no lie you... just focus on getting better professionally by writing professional exams and passing
that would propel you get a job. Even better is for you to set up a business...a small scale would help...like drycleaning or even POS you manage your self not giving to a third party to manage for you. Good luck bro
Dizzyish:

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by lucky4west: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2021
just get a car preferably hire purchase and drive uber/bolt...dont wallow in self pity...if u have age on ur side u can even do another degree in another field....u can travel abroad and begin afresh on another platform, dont regret anything, dont over think, just flow with the vibes of life and above all ensure u are genuinely born again, repent of all sins and cling to Jesus, any body can fail in life but missing heaven is the worst mistake any body can make...u too will laff, smile and be happy....failure is only momentary ....dust urself up and move on...find a Bible-believing church and be involved actively in the things of God, soon u will be the one encouraging others about the issues of life.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by generalwo(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2021
If u were a cultist In school, repent......something in me just told me to give you that advise.... And also know this, most of the people you see in power today aren't even as educated as you are..... Determination and willingness to learn are more effective than your degree these days..... Empower yourself by constantly learning...... Apply for skills online..... Earn certifications..... Most times, certificates aquired via skills and trainings can get you to places where your degrees can't take you...... Self pity won't help at this stage bro.....how many people for this nairaland get better degrees? Yet every single person dey form boss on him own..... Empower yourself and most importantly, never doubt your God.... Gve your life to Jesus and those things which seem impossible will come without stress
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Osagie47: 10:51am On Sep 30, 2021
FaithfuII18:
why did you graduate with a third class? what made you not to be serious with studies?
this one na mumu o the mistake has been done. Don’t make him feel like the worst person on earth it not easy o he has feeling and emotions.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Heterodox(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2021
Xscape1993:
Where do you stay and from? I almost gave up in life, but thank God I did not give up. I am bouncing back by His blood that He shed on the cross for my sake.
E pele
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Komu1048(m): 10:54am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Learn paint making. With your chemistry background, u will hammer in no distance time. U go be your own boss then u will now set first-class or 2:1 as the standard of employment in your company
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by speedymart11(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2021
Don't look down on yourself bro, I have a friend who drop out of university, oau precisely but today he is making over 120k profit monthly from is business. Just pray for an ideal to make it bro..

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by extroveee(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2021
Bro. I want you to look into the lives of Thomas Edison, waren Buffet, Bill Gates, Alinko Dangote and the some of world inventors and billionaires business men, is it their certificate that gave them the fame and wealth they acquired?

No, some of them are high school dropout whom have been written off by people, but they manned-up, believed in themselves, worked on themselves then took a step and started inventory and businesses that raised them to the level they are today, though if you listen to their story, it wasn't a bed of roses there are glitches, and hard times but in the end they were glorified because they paid the price.

Your certificate is nonsense in this century, what would work for you and bring wealth to you is your ability to solve problems, if you can't solve problems found in your immediate environment then you can never solve problems in any organization, because even the job you're applying for, required you to either provide a solution to problems of people or you sell the solution they found to people's problem.

What I want you to do is look at your immediate environment, search for problem around, then sit-down and draw a master plan to solve the problem.

For example, in my area there's scarcity of light, maybe nepa gives light only for two to four hours in two days,and people living here mostly rely on nepa to charge their phones touch lights and power banks, with the this I have seen a problem, people needs light to charge phone, rechargable lights and laptops etc, I will quickly set up a charging boot and soon I will be making money from it, I could start selling recharge card too and chargers too if possible with power banks too, so u see that's just an example.

Our problems in this country is that we don't think intrepreneurship, we only think of working for the entrepreneurs instead of being intrepreneurs ourselves... We don't want to take risk, yet we are risking ourselves to porverty....

In conclusion.
Bro. Look around search for what people mostly need in your area and start making money from it by providing it for them

Dizzyish:

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by extroveee(m): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2021
Bro. I want you to look into the lives of Thomas Edison, waren Buffet, Bill Gates, Alinko Dangote and the some of world inventors and billionaires, is it their certificate that gave them the fame and wealth they acquired?

No, some of them are high school dropout whom have been written off by people, but they manned-up, believed in themselves, worked on themselves then took a step and started inventory and businesses that raised them to the level they are today, though if you listen to their story, it was a bed of roses there are glitches, and hard times but in the end they were glorified because they paid the price.

Your certificate is nonsense in this century, what would work for you and bring wealth to you is your ability to solve problems, if you can't solve problems found in your immediate environment then you can never solve problems in any organization, because even the job you're applying for, required you to either provide a solution to problems of people or you sell the solution they found to people's problem.

What I want you to do is look at your immediate environment, search for problem around, then sit-down and draw a master plan to solve the problem.

For example, in my area there's scarcity of light, maybe nepa gives light only for two to four hours in two days,and people living here mostly rely on nepa to charge their phones touch lights and power banks, with the this I have seen a problem, people needs light to charge phone, rechargable lights and laptops etc, I will quickly set up a charging boot and soon I will be making money from it, I could start selling recharge card too and chargers too if possible with power banks too, so u see that's just an example.

Our problems in this country is that we don't think intrepreneurship, we only think of working for the entrepreneurs instead of being intrepreneurs ourselves... We don't want to take risk, yet we are risking ourselves to porverty....

In conclusion.
Bro. Look around search for what people mostly need in your area and start making money from it by providing it for them

Dizzyish:

[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Juanmike(m): 11:04am On Sep 30, 2021
larion:

Go and learn AWS DevOps, if you don't buy a house in 3 years, come after me for refund for the wasted time.

You have e to be diligent and genuinely out effort into studying the concepts and knowing it. 6 months should be fine.

Below is a breakdown of what you need to learn:

AWS
Linux basic operations
Git and GitHub
Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline
Docker
Terraform
Prometheus/Grafana

If you can add Kubernetes to the stack, then reduce the time it will take you to buy your house from 3 years to 2.

All these things should NOT take you more than 6 months to learn, it has to do with IT and computer, but I tell you....if you can graduate with chemistry in Nigeria, (I don't care the class) learning all those butane, propane, tetrahydrocannabinol equation, then you can learn this stuffs.

The market is VERY hot for DevOps at the moment, after learning it, you should easily get a job of 5k USD per month, as a fresher....either you move to South Africa, UK,or US .....or you work remotely from Nigeria....the market is HOT!

Once you have 1 year hands on experience, expect to start earning 300 to 400usd every day....that's 150k naira, daily!

Yes! I mean this....if you earn 4million naira every month and you cannot buy a house in 2 years, then na you Sabi.

But hey....you have to study these things diligently for the first 6 months.

Anyone who doesn't understand what I am saying should search "AWS Devops jobs in UK or US". Put the job type to contract and see how much you can earn per day....

The question is, are you ready to study hard just for 6 month??
Pls how does that work
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by ezechi24(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Thank you. Please what would you suggest? I was thinking maybe I should do a pgd in chemistry or chem engr. (if that's possible) so at least I can have a fighting chance applying for shell, moni pulo or maybe nnpc because oil& gas is why I choose chemisty, I don't know..

for grt pgd bro....go learn a skill ....education is fast becoming useless in this part of te world....there are skills you can learn and make mad money from it....generator repairs..tractor repairs..truck driving just to name a few....
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Fvckyouall: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2021
FaithfuII18:
another third class spotted

Shut up kid
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nyanabo(m): 11:08am On Sep 30, 2021
What makes one a success isn't just about winning, it what you do when you encounter Road blocks. I'm not here to motivate you or anything. The good thing is that you have realized your past errors and are now willing to make amends. That show you are wise.

What you need now is perseverance, determination, faith in yourself and your God. And lastly but very important Don't compare yourself with your peers, if you do you might end up being depressed. Move on you own pace.

And regarding what to take up I believe you have the answers, don't take up courses or skills because others are doing it take ups ones that you have interest in or enjoy doing.

Above all when the dreams your dreaming come to you always stay humble and kind then help the next one in Line.

2 Likes

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Fvckyouall: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2021
samwash:
@Op, you graduated with a 3rd class & you are there crying foul, some pple nor near school gate.
If you want to aquire more papper, go for a Pgd, before switching to the course you want.
By the time you hit the real world you will kwn that your 3rd class even the 1st class is irrelevant, and you will realize that you have been wasting your time after all these years of graduation.
You are just wasting your time in depression & self pity, dust up your self & keep moving.
The world is looking for entrepreneurs, innovator's, Creators, nobody send what you graduated with, the secret in skills,that is what will market you to the world.
If you are still in doubts go & ask Senator Dino Malaye. SDM.

Exactly he is just wallowing in self pity. Even 2.1 and 1st class hardly see good jobs in Nigeria.
My advice is he should look for something to be doing, save some cash and start a business. No good would come out from being locked up

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Rick9(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2021
Aim to become a Businessman And Entrepreneur. Build your company and employ the First Class Graduates.
In the end everyone gets what they want and everyone is happy.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by 15thAccount: 11:11am On Sep 30, 2021
oluku86:

Need to reach you please

you can quote me here to ask me anything, I'll reply when I see it.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Rick9(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2021
samwash:
@
The world is looking for entrepreneurs, innovator's, Creators, nobody send what you graduated with, the secret in skills,that is what will market you to the world.
If you are still in doubts go & ask Senator Dino Malaye. SDM.

Thank you
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nyanabo(m): 11:12am On Sep 30, 2021
extroveee:
Bro. I want you to look into the lives of Thomas Edison, waren Buffet, Bill Gates, Alinko Dangote and the some of world inventors and billionaires business men, is it their certificate that gave them the fame and wealth they acquired?

No, some of them are high school dropout whom have been written off by people, but they manned-up, believed in themselves, worked on themselves then took a step and started inventory and businesses that raised them to the level they are today, though if you listen to their story, it wasn't a bed of roses there are glitches, and hard times but in the end they were glorified because they paid the price.

In conclusion.

Great submission. I love it.
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by bigpicture001: 11:17am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Even as I type this I have tears in my eyes. I'm grateful for the mere fact that I'm alive but sometimes I just don't know what to do. I wake up, eat, read and sleep, my life for the past two years has just been a mostly unfulfilling cycle.

Bro ur class of graduation means. Nothing.... U only need to have a quiet time to urself and think up solutions on path to follow to growth.. mind u, it's gradaul and slow.. but it leads t success at last.... Working people hardly become wealthy....

Go outside ur comfort zone and hit it big!
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by sheDD(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Huncle op
I have nth to say much since most elders have already submitted their advices
Mine to u is that you use That PDG money and start a side hustle first... Start from there fes
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2021
If you are ready for a masters programme in the UK this January, message me on WhatsApp +447765581561
Despite your 3rd class, you can get a masters degree to UK with little fund ( excluding your visa processing fee though)
Dizzyish:

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by gabicon: 11:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

First of all, stop feeling sorry for yourself, secondly, we need to work on your confidence, if you are a Christian say Philippians 4:13 to yourself 45 times every day 15 times morning afternoon, and night.

You need to understand the dispensation we are in as per education, the present education system we run was designed during the industrial revolution, the core of that period was mass production. As a result, the education system had to produce in mass professionals. But as of today, things have changed people are required to offer specialized, customized, and bespoke services in the workplace, as of today a degree is not the most precious thing to an employer but creativity and innovation in problem-solving.

Building today's skill has to come from personal development, it starts with identifying one's gifts (the things you do effortlessly and get the best results in) and enhancing the gift through self-development. so, forget about your degree and discover your gift, take courses/training to sharpen them, join professional bodies associated with your gifts, and participate in them. another route is to go online and find the skills of the future, decide on on of the skills, pay the price of learning the skill thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by GREATESTPIANIST: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:
Bro dont lose up i graduate with 3rd class im 2014 and have done my pgd and master and have been moving from one job to another because of my experience in differnent job
Even with 1st class graduates they are struggling in the labour market is not about the degree is what you have in your brain will determine how you can get a job bro
ryt now i have my owm house and car
bro
Thing were so hard back then but with God everything will be fine
Keep pushing and praying and i pray you will pass this bro
please this pgd, where is it usually done?? At university?? Or where
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Menandbrethren: 11:29am On Sep 30, 2021
Ogbeni start Bizness or Learn coding.

If u are interested in the coding, reply to my email
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by EndBuhariNow(m): 11:29am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Even as I type this I have tears in my eyes. I'm grateful for the mere fact that I'm alive but sometimes I just don't know what to do. I wake up, eat, read and sleep, my life for the past two years has just been a mostly unfulfilling cycle.
leave your comfort zone and rediscover what you have been missing all these while...if you have money leave Nigeria and change environment, thank me later
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 30, 2021
forget about your third class cert and go out and compete with your fellow men that didnt go to school and they dont give up about being rich
Re: Third Class Graduate With No Direction by micomails(m): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2021
Dizzyish:

Bros bros, giving up is not an option and depression is only for those want to give up. F-the world.
Go learn a trade. With little or no cash, you can learn truck driving. Just meet the right people. Get your papers right and move to Europe where truck driving will earn you far better than your first class counterparts in Nigeria.

Do not factor giving up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ASUU Denies Reaching Agreement With FG / Kwara State University Renamed Olusola Saraki University / The Water Supplied To Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Hostel, Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.