Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures (44972 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by bluenubian(f): 5:00am On Jun 30, 2006
chei tufiakwa!!

even tho i dont regret going to boarding school and i remember everything i went thru, i jus laugh now, but i swore i was in hell, and i cursed the day i was sent there, no way will i send my kid to a boarding house, so she can go aroung begging water that have been used to wash clothes so she can use it to pound 10 people's poop every morning, drink water that is literaly brown, get typhoid and malaria every time she comes home and gain 20 lbs back only to lose it again at school.

i was traumatized men, my temples swole permanently for 2 yrs from grinding my teeth all the time. heck my first week i didnt sh*t for 6 days, cause the toilets scared me to death.

damn now i feel like i need counseling
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by rikkyjen(m): 6:39am On Jun 30, 2006
OMG shocked shocked shocked, I would never forget when we SS1 boys who washed toilet were locked in the toilet because the seniors said we didnt pound the shits well, we were told to lie down on live maggots in the toilet.We all laid down on the maggots with Shit all around the floor - watery, kondo and all other forms of rubbish. Worst still the door was locked with the lights turned off, so we couldnt even know if maggots were crawling into our JT and assholes. OMG, i will never forget the gory tales.

Another one was the day, we junior boys were coming from night prep and Our senior boys with the almighty SP were in our front walking down their chics to the hostel doing all the lovey- dovey stuffs,so we had rubberband and cardboard papers and so we fired the fat asses of the senior girls including the chick of the SP cheesy. We were all rounded up like Guatanamo criminals ,they flogged the living crap out of us, infact i would never forget that day, it was so pathethic that a senior flogged one of ma mates with a CK belt and till we left the school, the CK sign never left his back, that earned him a nick name.

Can i forget the day One of my prefect friends (a senior) had some sorta power play with his mate,the prefect got challenged by his friend that he was more respected by ME than the prefect himself.To find out, the prefect sent me a mere  peppermint and told me to keep it for him, so that his friend shakarad me and bullied me  to submit the peppermint, so i did. the prefect asked for his stuff and i couldnt produce it, the guy nearly killed me, he told me to roll on the courtyard thro and fro[b], has anyone ever rolled before on a concrete[/b] then Y'all will know what I'm talking about, he was following me with 3 belts, so if i stopped , the belts were going to do justice on me.

We could actually roll more pages on this issue, but definitely, its going to be an endless thread, Boarding house was fun,but the inhumane and callous treatment meted to  we juniors by those nit wits made me develop constipation and aches at the school gate when i was resuming after midterms/easter break etc

Will be back,  wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Nutter(m): 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2006
rikkyjen:

Another one was the day, we junior boys were coming from night prep and Our senior boys with the almighty SP were in our front walking down their chics to the hostel doing all the lovey- dovey stuffs,so we had rubberband and cardboard papers and so we fired the fat asses of the senior girls including the chick of the SP cheesy.

smiley We did something similar. Some boys in my year hid in the school orchard with catapults and shot at mean senior girls. Some of those girls were wickeder than the blokes! Unfortunately, like in all 'wars', there were some innocent ‘casualties’ lipsrsealed.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Idekeson(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2006
I was a boarding student in in one of the former missionary schools in the east. This was in the early 80's. Fear of the senior students was the beginning of wisdom. The terror inflicted on juniors was so open and notorious that some students withdrew from school. Corporal punishment was the norm. If a senior asks you to go buy him stuff, woe betide you to hang around for one second expecting he will give you money for the errand. You'll be severely punished for such "insubordination" and still complete the errand out of your pocket.
A common practice of seniors is the extortion of money in lieu of corporal punishment. Seniors often walk around classes and demand that the class prefect produce a list of noise makers. Students always talk in class, so the class prefect is never short of a list. The unfortunate "toads" on the list are marched directly to the dorm, where everyone is made to lie on top of a bare bunk bed. If you have some money on you, you'll buy your freedom. If not you're sure to get a thorough beating.
What baffled me was that these and many more atrocities went on under the nose of teachers.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Nutter(m): 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2006
@Idekeson,

You forgot to mention when they send you on an errand to but something (without giving you money) and tell you exactly how much 'change' they expect you to come back with cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Eastcoast(f): 10:56pm On Jun 30, 2006
i just remembered something the seniors always did for new students. they would tell you to go to their friend in another hostel and collect their book titled "my journey shall never end". it use to be a very terrible thing. Actually there is no book like that. the trick is send you on a never ending journey. the seniors would keep sending you to their friends in other hostels. it takes only initiative and a kind jss2 to tell you the trick. coz everyone use to participate in it. they won't tell you. it was just a tradition and a horrible way of saying welcome to the school of punishment. After the errand, it always made the new students very home sick

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by bluenubian(f): 9:50am On Jul 01, 2006
@eastcoast

that happened to me, but there was a yoruba name for it, and i didnt know what it meant, i kept going back and forth from house to house for at least 2 hrs, then a girl in my class heard me asking the senior for the stuff, she pulled me to the side an told me the meaning, i felt so stupid angry, well my journey ended there, the senior that started it didnt even remember i was still running around, how cruel angry, im jus mad cause i left the school in ss 1 i really never got a chance to be mean to, cause if i had seen the younger ones of the one that were mean to me i would have been 10 times worse angry angry
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Eastcoast(f): 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2006
haha, sorry. It never happened to me because i had senior sisters in the school. so i was well informed about everything the seniors do. But sometimes, just having a sister was to my disadvantage. whenever i was passing around her block, her mates would be shouting ", 's sister come here". it made it very difficult for me to escape.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by rikkyjen(m): 4:24am On Jul 02, 2006
Bluenubian, it was called arodan, Wasnt it?? grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Zahymaka(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2006
We had several characters in my school.

I remember Samuel 'Sammy' F--, our house captain who used a belt with a crocodile relief on people's necks, branding them -- I do have to say he was quite humane in other areas.

Dotun, the annoying guy who slapped people with his slipper, and called everyone a bastard. 'Hey, you yellow bastard' was standard instead of 'Hey, you yellow house boy.' He even called his parents bastards when they didn't come to pick him on time.

Tolu, the guy who always needed buckets of water from people - you just had to go fetch him some, even if he didn't give you a bucket.

Chimobi, another house captain nut, simply loved flogging innocent humans and smiled while doing so. I remember a time when we were supposed to clean the hostels on the day school ended. Nothing really got done, but he called me over and used a rubber belt and his feet on me. I considered cracking his head open with a stone but like all things I do in life, I contemplated the consequences of my action and decided not to.

Before I went to my alma mater, I spent a term at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School in PH. It was hell, especially when I had both prefects and naval officers to contend with. You can read about some of my experiences.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by paddylo1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 03, 2006
Yes Boarding school was hell, I wish i could see some of those fuckers now, from prefect to seniors, i will seriously eff some of them up,
By the way i went to command sec school ipaja Lagos, u deal with soldiers, cadets, and of course the rest of the sadists,
Any way nuff said, For the ladies tho, why not put up your pictures instead of some celebrities picture or fake pictures, its most annoying, u all can't be ugly are u, Damn,
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Shinor(m): 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2006
Am supoposed to be at work but this thread has got me laughing my head off. Brought back memories well over 2 decades ago and i have had to send some postings to frinds of mine who went to FGC's too. Thanks to who ever started this. Nuff laughter!
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by bluenubian(f): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2006
Rikky
thanks for reminding me, yep that is the name
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by utch(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2006
watch out for an all hold bared bording house story from an old boy of FGC Kwali in the good old 90's! cooming soon!!! embarassed
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 4:04am On Jan 31, 2007
Boarding school was, for the most part, a wonderful experience. I sometimes relieve the experiences.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by runsaway: 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2007
went to a unity school and it seems my experience wasnt that different from everybodys; aroda, rainbow bucket and plastic cutlass all translating to 'neva ending journey'. Hated it then but its kind of fun remebering it, i think my kids are going to be shipped off to boarding house just to have the same experience. its character building and great fun too.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by jordan2(f): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2007
my school days was fun maybe because i went there as a senior. will surely sent my kids to bschools.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by charla(f): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2007
I went to a military skul,Airforce Girls Military Skull in jos.first of all i was far from home in another state.and on ma very first day,i got sent d hell out of ma life.i had also managed to piss off an SS2 senior by the end of dat fateful day.And so began ma glorious 6 yrs at SKULL.We nicknamed d skool, GAMUS (up till dis day i cant for the luv of God fathom why).When seniors wanted to talk to us,they sometimes referrerd to us as ''children of God'' and then the threats such as 'God bless u if u do dis or if u dont do dat' and 'are u on drugs'? followed.
Ma skool was double worse becos not only did u hve d seniors to worry about but u also had the military officers and make no bloody mistake about it;THEY WERE DEVILISHLY WICKED!Especially the female officers and they referred to us as JAWS;meanin Junior Air Woman.ma mum later confirmed dat she cudnt recognise mi on the first visiting day she was allowed to see me.Quoting her words,she said 'i jus saw a skeleton wiv white teeth smiling sheepishly and comin towards me' then she realised it was mi.However ma mother is a very tough woman and refused to remove me from d skool despite mine and my fahter's whining and pleading.Even after she heard from me dat d few JS1 students who were allowed to c  their parents were d ones dat had passed some extremely irrelevant military test and training.I mean we werent even allowed to go for mid-term break,then i fell ill cos i thot d whole world wuz against mi.
School became fun tho as we learnt to deliberately piss off seniors and many other things.I was a smiler(wuz always smiling when been spoken to by a senior) so i always got in trouble and i even got punished once wen i was in SS2 for twistin,c me c trouble oooh.We also had the gal-lovers thing and we referred to them as 'CHOCO'.
things started to luk up tho as we progressed in ranks(became senior gals) cos we only had the wicked and pervy officers,the jealous and very annoying teachers and the extremely pervy youth corpers to deal with.I treasure ma time at skool and wudnt trade it for d world,
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by rikkyjen(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2007
I remember in ma junior years in boarding house, seniors told we junior boys that they shagged our mother's during our visiting days shocked,Psychological abuse!. Also during their madness, they always tell us :"Na me fu$k ya mama before she get belle,which makes me ur papa". Dainnnng! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 12:22am On Feb 01, 2007
this is oscco in osogbo, peac o

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 12:24am On Feb 01, 2007
uniform still on

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 12:28am On Feb 01, 2007
a
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 12:29am On Feb 01, 2007

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 12:30am On Feb 01, 2007

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 1:24am On Feb 01, 2007
Lovely memories indeed.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by antone(m): 9:29am On Feb 01, 2007
hey eastcoast,sorry about that experience i enjoyed it but the sad part was the burns n falling into the hot beans n in quote ur life flashed before u,i also share a similar experience too but mine was hot water, a bloody ass senior mistakenly poured it on my chest but kept feeling it was intentional n lawd!!!! it ruined my chest as at then ,my skin peeled,i sort of lost my nipple(temporary)but as years went by i regained it i til ve scars on me reminding me of that ugly experience n the irony of it all is i saw the so called senior in a show rhythms unplugged last Christmas n i was filled with anger n revenge i really wanted to hurt him or cause a scene he would never forget in a hurry after a beer too many and some rib cracking jokes together after we exchanged pleasantry i just let it go,talk to u later eastcoast,
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by otoidea(m): 12:05pm On Feb 01, 2007
@laide , u iz a netlebrity wink

@topic

s(gl)ad i ddnt go to a boardin schl, cs them stories r shocked
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by queen2(f): 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2007
Love the uniform one and coke and fanta one
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by richylaw(m): 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2007
I must confess that all looks like yesterday now, but right in me i know its getting close to 2 decades. Boarding life is a great one full of fun ,and crazy tale. If I need to start on my story I bet the thread starter would not have space for others in her book.Was it how I got punished on my first day by 'omo boy' or the calibre of gorillaz i stayed with in my room and subsequently turned me to something else. Girsls will always talk of "ojuju" coming to their hostel at midnight but I know I was the ojuju. In my SS1 I enjoyed myself in the bush on the mango tree for about five days because I would be killed by a senior- YELLOW MAN of course an albino who will not see me standing in front of him in the noon, or was it how I burnt the school farm , not to now talk of general massacre in dining by junior and senior boys, In fact you only need to experience a tale of POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS just like the 'almighty po' except that this all started between male prefects and the female counterpart. Lady Sunkr, s the labour prefect girls took the dragonnian role by jumping on the dinning table and fight fiercly with the giant kitchen spoon in her hands (only Gods knows how she managed to pick it form the kitchen caterers)all in the name of beans and garri. stories, stories ,stories death traps of heavy bucket of water set on doors for hostel porters and night shift teachers who supervises prep. OH I remebered TIGER a senior- (not an animal) made me to eat dog meat first time in my life, what else would I expect from an ondo man--apologies to indigines in the house.Cashew plantation was hunting game on scooby. I was notorious yet innocent, I was playful yet brilliant,I was hard at face yet the funniest chap--atrocities upon attrocities yet I became a prefect. But the good part of it was that while my mates were burning hostels and beating life out of juniors and teachers, burning school buses and breaking glasses - YES IT WAS THE EVE OF OUR DEPARTURE- I sat back on the hostel corridor calmly watching the reel of my six years at FGC Ogbomoso.

here is the national cake we were sharing
PRO UNITATE
LET THIS OUR SONG
PRO UNITATE
SING IT LOUD AND LONG
FROM ALL PARTS OF OUR COUNTRY
YET GATHERED IN ONE SCHOOL
WE ARE LEARNING IN,

[color=#000099]but my school came up with a new one later,

FEGO
FEGO
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE OGBOMOSO
HERE WE ARE FOR A GREATER NIGERIA
ACROSS THE NIGER DOWN TO THE SOUTH
CHILDREN OF NIGERIA
WE FORM VOICE SAY
PRO UNITATE
WE ARE FOR UNITY[/color]
bRAVO
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 11:38am On Feb 02, 2007
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by yankidelta(m): 12:23pm On Feb 02, 2007
smiley well where do I start now?I attended Kings College,Lagos from 91/92-97.My jss days were horrifying cos we had to be wary of evil seniors old enuff to be ur dad to gays to being caught after lights out.I became known as ARTFUL DODGER cos i could do d impossible to escape yawa like sleeping under d staircacase with blankets to avoid some seniors in Harmans house(my house),making good use of the fire escape to JAA when necessary,hiding in the bathroom to escape dorm work,feigning illness to avoid general BEATING n all dat.My SS days were fun all d way cos we were shuttling annexe in VI n maincampus,Igbosere.D former for lectures n d latter for residing so it afforded us the chance to TEAR gate rather than SCALE fence.I most confess say na women of low virtue 4 bar-beach n Sanisi fafunwa(SF) help enuff boys release CONGI cos they were all around d shool environs,from there we could proceed to ARCADE houses(ie MAD house,e-world or RAIDERS)to play games or head to OBALENDE to go eat IYA MODINA rice or ME SHAI n all dat stuff.
When i look back it was a mixture of fun,pain,enjoyment and suffering as well.I pity those day students cos dey missed d fun but i no lie boarding house spoil boys sha but when i born ma boys must go der!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by kike001(f): 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2007
the boarding skool i went to was one of the best in ibadan u might no it UMCC its a really gud skool mean april fool was always great, vals day is not that bad even though its a girls only skool but i ve sum really gud memories dere i can never forget da last april fool i had dere in 2003 i think. we were all asleep in our dorm i woke up dere was fire in the middle of the room but dat was just april fool not untill we sarted herain gun shot it was armed robbers in the skool asking VP for money when she didnt had none dey wanted 2 cum in to da dorm but dey didnt anyway i just look bak over da time wat if they had cum in i will be in my box cuz da next day was home time so my dad would ve just taken me home in my box anyway but u have 2 be there to know wat i am talking about it was one of the FUNNIEST day of my day and i will never forget it. boarding skool is just a really good experince to have. the beatings on BDAy the FOOD the PRESENTS and not forgetting THE SKOOL MOTHER N FATHER. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prove Dat 2÷10=2 / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.