Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures (44973 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by richylaw(m): 3:17am On Feb 03, 2007
@adechuks

adechuks:

Hi guys,

I had the (mis)fortune of going to 2 boarding houses. FGC Ogbomoso first (from where i ran after 2 years) and then FGC Ilorin.

@richylaw, i remember the feelings well. Love lane, sparko, olugbon
my first day, i carried a double bunk (with another new guy) all the way to seniors hostel from niger house juniors, but my very best friends are still from ogbomoso days.

then i went to ilorin, very civilised and a place i would have loved to send my own children, only of the school had remained the same.

anyway, very recently, some ogbomoso friends of mine started sharing (in our yahoogroup) the tales of their high school crushes. titled "Crushes from way back" I will ask their permission to post here.
I assure you. you will definitely get all your ribs cracked.

cheers, everyone

adechuks

your memory of fego sounds familiar coupled with the fact that you mentioned the yahoogroup thing and tales of fego. would you mind to send a pm to me . if u know sparko then i must know u by force
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by yemmydavid(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2007
HNMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM dis brings back fond memories sec skool was da bomb.
i attended NIG NAVY SEC SCH LAGOS.
here we had terrible snrs and military men to contend with,
u are not supposed to walk on the corridor but DOUBLE (jug) lousy idiots(dats wat they call us).
enof grasses to cut,crawling on hot granite as punnishment,lying on hot granite facin the sun.

Rememberd wen w efinished our junior waec and we started tearin our uniforms

so much to remember. main gist comin soon
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by zigbo(f): 3:46am On Feb 05, 2007
of all the n.land discussions this is probably the best {for me).i'm am proud to be an alumni of a pro-unitate school.fggc owerri precisley.any ex feddy babe in the house,we have got a lot to talk abt wink
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 9:49am On Feb 05, 2007
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 9:55am On Feb 05, 2007
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 10:00am On Feb 05, 2007
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 10:05am On Feb 05, 2007
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 11:43am On Feb 05, 2007
Lots of experience while living in the boarding house. In my Jss1, a friend confided in another friend that their classmate's father was a wizard. This friend of mine, leaked the malicious story to another classmate of mine, who then leaked it to the son of the accused. Drama ensued in my Jss1. The guy refused to accept my friend's apology, but rather demanded that those two boys (we were not yet teenagers) should accompany him to his village, and perform a ritual to rid his father of juju. Nna, this was not a joke, but it was a battle of wits, or as my people, the Ibibios call it, "Nyanga Eyen".

See the first guy (who would later on become my best friend in college) quickly disassociated himself from the allegations that he had made about his classmate's father. My 2nd friend, meanwhile was all in tears, and when I tried to comfort him, the boy spotted me, and threatened to 'invite' me along on the trip. So, I supported my friend at a distance.

Arrangements were finalized on this trip. My other friend was denying about it, and I think, a taxi was about to be chartered to squire my friends to this boy's village. Other classmates interceded on my friend's behalf, that "Okon" should forgive and forget, but who sai? Okon was determined to punish my friends. My other friend whose denials were rebuffed by this guy, already had 2 allies, senior students willing to deal with Okon, if he followed up on his threat. Right about that time, a miracle occured.

A classmate of mine, threatened to expose Okon to the Principal, because the VP's wife was pregnant, and prior to this incident, he had gotten into trouble with her, (VP's wife was also a teacher in school), and had threatened to deal with her pregnancy. So, when confronted with this facts, Okon was faced with the choice of either taking my friends to his village to purge his father of witchcraft, and risk being expelled, for his earlier threat against the VP's wife, or he would have to forgive my friends, and all the other matters would be laid to rest. At first, he was adamant, so, this classmate of mine walked to the Principal's office, and was about to report him (I don't know if he was serious with his threat of reporting Okon to the Principal or not), but the guy finally relented, and a deal was struck. He forgave my friends, and his earlier threats against the VP's unborn child was kept between us. The VP's wife had a baby months later. The guy eventually left school, while my other friend (the first guy who had denied ever leaking the story) transferred to a different school. We caught up with each other in college and became best friends, and at times, we would just talk about the incident that had occured a decade earlier.

The other guy was also one of my best friends in high school, and we stay in touch, now and then. So much for memories.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2007
Another one, in my SS1, a friend of mine, tipped me when I had returned to boarding house, that senior students had gone on a rampage, beating up ss1 students. So, to evade these brutalities, we hatched a plan. All of us were were going to be daystudents. That day, I packed my things from the boarding house, back to our house in the village. I presented my case to my parents, but they would not budge. I had to go back to the boarding house. I refused, telling my mother, that I would rather be a daystudent, commute from home, and on her way to work in Uyo, she would drop me off, and when school was over, she would pick me up at the road, and take me home. My mom was not willing to cede to my demands, and I was given my boarding fees. No need to argue, it was mission unaccomplished.

So, when I moved back to the dormitory, I told my friend, that my chances of being a daystudent was not realistic. My parents were opposed to it. My friend calmed my fears. We would rent a room very close to campus (high school), and live off our boarding fees, and pocket money. At that time, leasing a room in the village was about 10 Naira a month, and boarding fees was 110 Naira, so with a little bit of management, we probably could live off on our boarding fees. Another roadblock that we may have faced in keeping our parents in the dark about our new found freedom was simple. When your parents visited on visiting days, (though mine sometimes came randomly), a student would dash to your 'bunk' to alert you, and you would quickly dress up in your school uniform, to give them the impression that you were living in the boarding house. Another student would be at their presence to keep them company(not that it was necessary ) and perhaps invent a story that you were at the stream.

Just at the last minute, with the money in my pocket, I backed out of the deal, went to the bursary department and paid my boarding fees. My friend was quite livid, and mocked me. He had another companion who had gone along with his plans. We were supposed to be four, living in a bunk, and splitting 10 naira, but he ended up with just one companion. Another classmate unwillingly could not join them, because his mother had paid his fees at the bursary.

Not too long, quanta occured. My friend, who had invited me, began to mock me whenever I complained of the brutalities from the senior students or the poor quality of food served us. He would mock me, in a line similar to this, "Da ubiak, mma mbo di ba ke Afaha, afo asin", "Serves you right, I invited you over to bunk with me as a daystudent, but you refused". Then, he started missing classes, for a day, several days, then a week.

Then came the exposure. The third guy was off campus when his mother visited. She waited and waited for him and the junior students had lied to her that he was at the stream and that he would be coming soon. The mother became suspicious that the whole stuff was a sham, but her suspicion was not entirely right, as she confided in me, that she suspected that her son had gone to his father's house, against her advice. She left, disappointed, and the son who had just arrived on campus had just missed running into her. On Monday, the mother paid his son a visit and afterwards gave him some provisions. Right about that time, the Math Teacher, who was also our housemaster, just exposed my classmate in front of his mother. I dont know what exactly transpired, but I think, the Housemaster may have mentioned to the mother that the son probably kept company outside campus. The mother was disappointed in her son, and took back the provisions that he had brought for him. End of case 1.

Case 2. The only companion who had joined my friend/classmate to become a daystudent suffered a public embarrasment. After his parents found out that their son was secretly a daystudent, they went to his bunk, and ordered him to pack his stuff back to the dormitory. It was on a school day when this guy made an appearance with his luggage on his head, straight to the Principal's office. A lot of the students witnessed this shameful incident, and I am pretty sure, that it may have evoked laughter in the classes. The parents repaid the boarding fees and he went on to become a boarder.

Case 3. My classmate's parents also found out about it, because he had ran out of money, including the school fees (remember, it was seperate from boarding fees) that he should have paid, which was a remittance for teachers for their duties on campus. His parents however, allowed him to remain as a daystudent since the session was almost over.

That year, for the first time as a student in that school, the principal announced that our results would be read publicly. Jss1 to Jss3 had theirs read publicly in the chapel, while a date was fixed for our results to be announced publicly. This is high school, and you know, failure is something that some people cant accept it. I just did not know if I had passed or failed, and when I got home for the holidays, I told my parents. On the day that the result was to be announced, my mom dropped me on campus and drove to work. With some of my classmates, we walked with trepidation to the chapel, where our results were read. Thank God, I passed, my friend, Grace, had also passed, and she almost created a scene in the chapel. Unfortunately, one of the guys, the remaining daystudent, could not proceed to the next class.

The following school term, when I paid a friend a visit in his class, he was not around, but this erstwhile friend of mine was around. As soon as he saw me, he was visibly angry with me, and was asking me, "What do you want here" He even ordered me out of his class. Of course, I knew that was jealousy.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by harbbey(m): 12:45pm On Feb 05, 2007
Does thsi sound familiar to anybody "MAY YOUR ROAD BE ROUGH".
What about this "KNOWLEDGE IS LIGHT"
If u dont know any of this then u missed out, cos an EX-MAY is naturally ahead of YOU!
I attended Mayflower school Ikenne, in Ogun State, Western part of Nigeria.
Unarguably the BEST SCHOOL in Ogun State, One of the best in the Country.
Is anyone feeling me in dah House!
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by harbbey(m): 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2007
Of all the days ve spent on earth, secondary school days was the best, if i decide to recount all the experiences then i wud surely make books in volumes.
Is it the social nites, the escapades, the punishment as a junior student ( i cud recall a senior, he was called farmer, he told me to lie down beneath a bunk (it was a very low bunk) ard 9.00pm till after midnite just becos i refused to wash his shirt) or was it the bezu* (spying on gurls) it was simply an hilarious experience.
Or shod i talk about the guys and the chicks, or was it the teachers, they were the best, mr. kakra, mrs yusuf, mrs. kakra, yoruba lab ( the mere mention of that name sends shivers down the spine of the hardest of guys) the sneaking into town just for a plate of ofada rice, the arena (i still dont know the concotion the woman put in her foods) coz u cud do without her rice and shipon (pomo - the cooked hide of a cow) the jist is endless.
Pls, if any Ex - may is in the house pls speak up, so we dont allow all this fego guys to dominate this topic.
Am Orehin Abiodun, S/N 11381, B4 UP, Ex - may Y2K set.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2007
[b]what had happened was, we junior girls really had a tough time maltreated by seniors but we were cool with it by force plus all the fun of it and social night, gossip and stuff made the punishment mean nothing, but one day the seniors went overboard by tieing mama cooks basket to a line drawer and filling a bucket of water all junior girls fethed for hours.when we stopped they fed our food to alaanuku the mistress goat, anyway we got dressed for saturday lesson(late) then as we  reached down, the seniors just poured coloured water on us from upstairs we were like that's it we REVOLT so we start singing for freedom but we were foolish they beat us up so we decided to all go home and withdraw from hostel thinking that the school will be shocked anmd sorry not to have any junior girls, me, jojo and obafunke was the leader so we instructed all to pack their bags while we soil the hostel and run home, ashe the others wouldn't go home so while everyboarder was learning in school we nicknamed *three blades* opened and pour each person's provisin ontheir beds pour their water on it, made a pant chain, from every girls, wrapped all bra's in bread puor akara on misteress cloth, abused the seniors, opened the tap and flooded the hostel, then went home then nightmare came when our parent sent our butts back to school, i thought it was only me and gang was brought until i saw all junior girls not running home in the first place, as i saw all borders and boys line up looking at me, i dropped the lunch mum made me and shouted to her in the car MUM LET'S ROLL (ok, mum e je ka lole) as i approached her to open the door she locked it and wind up the glass and sped off, i was   desolate but my girls got my back and walked me into the senator's room guess what happened lot's of ass whooping and others   [/b]
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Tokky: 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2007
wink This is definitely one of the nicest discussions that I've come across. I went to FEGO (Odogbolu), but I only spent a year. But believe me the experiences I had in that one year were so much and still so vivid.
Is it the toilet duties, or the gba T-squares (slang for toasting), or the epano nights (last night in school so everyone brings out their remaining provisions).
Is it the social nights - I remember wearing 1 white school shirt for 3 days straight, just so that I could wear a clean and well ironed one for a Saturday event.
Is it the day one guy called Turbo slapped about 15 Junior students in dining hall, or the days massacres were declared in the dining hall. Then the senior girls in school threatened to beat him up.
Pro unitate schools were the best in those days.
The memories are so many and fresh, and all this happened some 18 years ago!
Wow.
I would definitely send my kids to boarding schools, it makes a child become independent.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2007
@tokky, please only send your kids there when entering ss1 cos it's fun then, but js1&2 sometimes three is just like giving your pikin to bullies to maltreat and carryout experiment on them free of charge plus their is maleria, typhoid fever, yellow fever, witchcraft, cruelty and unhappiness among them junior girls only if they dey for igbinedion school or st jesuit or some of those posh named school
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2007
whiteroses:

@tokky, please only send your kids there when entering ss1 because it's fun then, but js1&2 sometimes three is just like giving your pikin to bullies to maltreat and carryout experiment on them free of charge plus their is maleria, typhoid fever, yellow fever, witchcraft, cruelty and unhappiness among them junior girls only if they dey for igbinedion school or st jesuit or some of those posh named school

i disagree ma, of course i was really disappointed when i went to my former school some months ago (to get my waec certificate after 13 yrs of graduating), but looking back at my days, those that suffered from the seniors the most were either very stubborn or rude or did not network well, or did not know how to run well and fast. that kinda training shd not be missed for anything.
the child should learn to either beat them (smartly) or join them (in suffering).

and believe me, ss1 was one the worst classes to be in FEGO. the seniors (ss1 -ss3) were miles away from the rest of house (js1 -js3) and that meant that the ss1 had to slave for the new prefects (ss2) and the over-spoilt ss3. this was unlike what i met in FGC ilorin where all the students were in the same building (ss1 -ss3 were upstairs, and everyone was more civil actually).

anyway, we all differ in our priorities raising kids.

i'm pro-unitate all the way though. no posh school for my kids. my children will have the poshness at home or when they later proceed to harvard, cheesy

cheers.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2007
@adechucks the one’s that aren’t stubborn are the foolish one’s that fetch waters for seniors without the seniors even asking, or giving all their garri away and just sucking up to seniors so that they won’t beat them or to like them or they don’t want problem , if you notice the stubborn one’s can’t be enslaved a lot if they say they can’t fetch water they’ll get punished but will not fetch that water at last, and that’s wassup
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 4:07pm On Feb 05, 2007
@whiteroses,
just curious, which boarding house were you in
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2007
st fatima and st francis c.c abuja, you are probably curious cos of the fever stuff like which school be that, what happened was, the school is for extremely rich or poor, we are the cool and rich kid, the others with the symptoms i mentioned are the poor because the school do lot's of charity for poor and talented and motherless you know what i mean
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by adechuks(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2007
I feel you.

I'm outta here anyway, see you l8er
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Tokky: 4:35pm On Feb 05, 2007
@white roses.

I will send my kids in their junior days.
That's when they really need to learn how to survive without Mummy! SSS1-3 are not that tough.
I went to FEGO in Jss 1, but my eyes saw wen! But guess what? It made me smart and sharp.
We had to learn how to judge seniors, how to pretend to be sick and a lot of other tricks that help eventually in life.
I was so dense before going to FEGO, but that school made me tough and resilient.
I had a partner in crime sef, men we got into all sorts of mischief.
But they were some senior that had bellus, imagine someone punishing me because I smiled too much. I mean how was that her problem?
Anyway I guess there are sadists at all levels of life!

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by uchetobi(f): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2007
I remember the day I wrote my last paper NECO December 7th 2006, as we were dropping our pen there were mobile police at standby….They gave us 20 mins to pack all our loads and evacuate the hostel…it was very clumsy cuz we had plan to turn the school upside down after ur last paper but I guess our PRINCIPAL anticipated that. Anyways it was crazy cuz we had to hoist all our loads through public transport and our valedictory service was cancelled (now that was really annoying cuz we had planned to boy cott it anyways to spite the Principal) but I guess once again she won
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2007
@tokky, ok kool, you can do that too if you want i think it's good parenting cos they'll be more independent and take responsible of what they do
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by camara(f): 7:25pm On Feb 05, 2007
just reading this reminds me of my days in boarding house
mehn some days were just horror the moment u wake up the curse begins.to make it worse skool was in a forest
skool had just resumed and i still wasn't used to waking up at 5am.when the morning bell rang in decided to curl up under my blankie.
fastforward:an hour later 1 ekwensu of a housemistress walks in and flogs me off my bed still a little disoriented i was tryin to hurry bathe and get dressed when she came again chased moi and some other girls half naked out of the hostel
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by NgChocolat(f): 3:53am On Feb 06, 2007
Hey Benispetea, what's ur real name? I also went to FGGC Umuahia, and i was in the set after the pioneers.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by snazzydawn(f): 1:10pm On Feb 06, 2007
laide, I think I have some boarding house stories. Check them on my blog. My blog address is my signature here. Lots of luck.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2007
Hmm, another one, and this is another true story.

A certain junior student in my high school was at the center of controversy over the whereabouts of his mother. During the school term, his father would go the bursary department to pay his school fees. But somehow, or strangely, he would find out that his son's school fees had been paid. Nobody knew who paid the school fees. Later on, the story circulated that it was his mom who had been coming to school to pay her son's school fees. Meanwhile, the gist was that the mother had passed away earlier on. So, nobody could fathom how this was possible.

Soon after, the mother would visit her son in the dormitory. Each time she came, ol'boy, students would take to their heels because they believed that these visits were conducted by an unearthly being. I never witnessed this incident, since it was in a different house, but each time, she appeared, the hostel was almost empty, as students fled the scene. The boy would clearly distance himself from his mother's visit, and even one of my classmate who knew him had sort of confirmed that boy's mother had passed away.

So, listen to gist. This woman came again to school, and as usual, same drama, people ran away. The ASP, claimed that he stood his ground and watched the woman, disappear just outside the school gate, after her departure. I dont know what to make of the story, if it was true or not. Sometimes, I wonder, if the parents could have split and the father, in a vengeful act, made up these stories that their mother had passed away, further breaking the bonds between the child and their mother.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by funmise(f): 1:09am On Feb 08, 2007
Man, dats scary
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by lolabaloo(f): 11:16am On Feb 08, 2007
hey laide, i also went to a boarding school.i love it 'cos it was fun. there u meet people from diifferent background and way of living.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 11:30am On Feb 08, 2007
Nna, the stories in my high school were enough to scare off some of the most bravehearted people. I used to gist my siblings during the holidays and my senior brother was always shocked by the stories. These stories are not figments of my imaginations, but stuff that actually happened on campus.

Another one. In my final year when I was preparing for my SSCE, another sensation occured in one of the dormitories in my school. I was there on the spot, to witness a diabolical act performed in my presence. Students were held in rapt attention over the performance of a certain junior student. He had wrapped some papers in his hand, and would command the paper to 'talk'. Something responded. Some students perhaps, booed, others cheered, but at the end of this magical(?) act, a few of the students were convinced that it was no ordinary act, but perhaps, existed in the spiritual realm. Immediately, my classmate, "Udo", invited him over to his spot in the dormitory, because he wanted the guy to introduce him to the spiritual realm.

I had already banned him from coming to my house, with the support of another classmate of mine/dormitory mate. This is not a joke, but rather, a long and convoluted story. My other classmate who had invited this 'magician' to his room, apparently had some unresolved grievances against a female classmate of mine, who was the ASP (Assistant Senior Prefect's) girlfriend. So, in an act of vengeance, he recruited this junior guy to create some herbal potency that could harm the girl.

The guy complied with his request, with alarming consequences -- the girl became sick. The ASP's girlfriend called my classmate, and begged him that she was sick, and she suspected that he was somewhat involved in her ailment. It was a sickness that could not really be explained in medical terminology. So, this culprit, rather than keeping quiet, immediately bragged to my classmates that he had dealt with his nemesis. The ASP got wind of this nauseating information and assembled some 'big guys' on campus to confront the guy. It was a very serious matter, that saturday, and the guy was whupped and was forced to confess to his misdeeds.

One of the teachers, who taught us agric science was alerted, and together, I mean, anybody who was a boarder, and was present on campus trooped out of the dormitory to witness the next move. Earlier, my school had assigned us (senior students)a plot of land for our Agricultural Science class, and we had tilled the soil into ridges, planting some food items, like Cassava.

The guy took us to the farm and, unbelievably, went to the girl's plot of land. From there, he dredged out something (I don't know what it was, because I took to my heels immediately) that, had been deposited on the girl's farm. He and the culprit had just finished digging it out, and when they removed it, there was a helter skelter, as students ran away from the scene. Only the brave, which comprised of some few students stood their ground to witness the next move. That evening, when school had returned to a near normalcy, the Compound Master strolled into school and rebuked us for beating up our classmate for an incident that had no bearing whatsoever. But the matter could not be ignored. After further investigations, the school authorites, finally realized that there was a malicious intent involved in the object that was buried in the girl's farm.

There was grave consequences to be paid for this incident. The junior student, who was the architect of this diabolical act, was immediately expelled for good from campus. My classmate fared better than his accomplice, he was pardoned, because he was a candidate for the SSCE. We had just about a month to leave campus, so I guess, they just thought there was no point whatsoever in expelling him.

The following weekend, when I went home, I told my mother about the incident. She wasnt too pleased to listen to my story, as she felt was a distraction to my studies. True, I aced my SSCE when the results were published several months later, but those six years that I spent at boarding house at Obot Idim was indeed an unforgettable experience for me, even after nearly two decades.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by lolabaloo(f): 11:40am On Feb 08, 2007
i went to fgc ikirun and as a pioneer, it was terrible. no water, and when the tankers brings water, we fight ourselves get some water. 'cos there is know water to prepare our food, which makes us eat late. i can't forget those days of taking pap mon-sat in d morning with one bean ball. even d pap comes late atimes which means going to class without eating . i can forget those days of sap. then if u have garri ,u are a god or godess to be worshipped just to have some portion of your [garriumsuphate] .but it was actually fun. please anybody that knows micheal okonodo whereabout should please inform me
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 11:56am On Feb 08, 2007
That one na common story. Throughout my ss1, I cant recall the mornings that I had breakfast. It was always during break time that we went to eat. No problem whatsoever. But a funny incident occured. We were banned from eating in the dormitory, but students took the rule for granted. One teacher was determined to enforce it. My friend and I were in our dormitory smoking garri. At another angle were some of my roommates. We finished our food, and requested to join them, but they declined our invitation. So, we left, leaving the other three students behind.

One of my teachers caught them, smoking garri, and immediately assembled them. My classmate (who later on had unsuccessfully lured me into becoming a day student) had contributed water to the 'feast'. A junior student's contribution was garri, while another student had brought in glucose. So, each of them had on their hands their contribution. A bowl of garri, a can of glucose, and a jerrycan of water. The teacher assembled them and took them to all the classes in school. It is what my people call "Abut", a show of shame for my roommates. When they walked into the class with their condiments, fitfuls of laughter rang out in the class. At the end of the 'parade', they were punished, by the teacher in addition to engaging in manual labor (cutting the grass). When they were done, the trio quarelled. One of them, the guy who had contributed glucose, proclaimed that at least, his contribution (glucose), elevated his profile in the presence of the girls on campus. It was glucose, not salt, which in his opinion would have tarnished his image.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by lolabaloo(f): 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2007
i remeber my jss 1 days late in the night when knocked on the. it was so late that we were not expecting such in the jungle for that matter. some of us was still awake, so we ask who was it. surprisyly the person mentioned another persons name, who was fast asleep. thank God for the careful ones among us that took note. actually we dont know what it was but we started praying and speaking in tongues. the funny thing is that people that dont pray at  all would be the 1st to pray on such occasions and the wicked seniors would be the first to take cover grin cheesy
pro unitate my alma mater

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prove Dat 2÷10=2 / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.