Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures (44970 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by lolabaloo(f): 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2007
another story that i remebered vividly, was when the boys normally come to the girls hostel in the midnight to do all sort of funny things. the day we planned to deal with was the day they refuse to turn up.it became dawn on us that they have an informant in the girls hostel. there was a day we almost caught one of them but the guy escaped narrowlly only for our male teachers to say it wasn't true and not possibble for the boys to come to the girls hostel. the fact is just that all the girls can not be dreaming. thank God for one of my matron that made it clear to them.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by funweez(f): 3:26pm On Feb 08, 2007
Oh people, who is dragging up all those horrible memories?? I hate,hate,hate,, HATED BSCHOOL wit a passion!

Grrrrrrrrrrr, angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by whiteroses(f): 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2007
lot's of freaks in b school  i heared one that grew hairs inside the eyeballs.
i student also dip sharp cutlass into her eye balls and removed her eyes it was cos of witchcraft
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Stilettos(f): 1:07am On Feb 09, 2007
i lasted only 1 term in boarding school. I almost died from sickness, well not really but i missed home too much.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by tinard(m): 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2007
Lola i knew some of the boyz that used to come down. They never did do any crazy stuff just touching things at didn't belong to them. The male teachers you guyz confided in happened to be the male teacher they also confided in Mr Aina. The guy was tall and ugly what you gals saw in him was a mystery to me

Crazy shit happened in Ikirun those days but we all survived. Heard stories about pinafores and skirts but trust me it was nothing compared to what the boyz went through.

whiteroses. I know most of the guys in the picture you posted and i recognize some of the girls they look much younger though. I spent two terms in the colege when were you there and when did you leave?

School life was definitely the best.

I don't mean to continue the cliches but i enjoyed every single moment even when i was being punished because or me i was growing up and i was away from home so no matter what was hapenning to me i took it.

If you want to enjoy your time in an hostel you prolly shudn't start in the hostel the way i did. I went to to the skool on a labour day around the mid of the month and middle of the term. I had no idea that gariumsulphate was a must and i had no cupboard because the carpenter hadn't finished it. I went into the hostel just after the labour finished. I was prolly the smallest kid u'd ever seen. I was walked down from the staff room to blue house because that happened to be the house i wanted to go init was my then favourite colour. The road was long i looked new and i was new. The teacher summoned two guyz to help me carry some of my belongings and on every single one of them was my name printed like neon signs. The neon signal man also happened to have made a mistake so rather that writing LEO, he wrote L.E.O. and then my last name.

Every room we walked into, there will be a loud jeer about me and they were full. I walked into room three hoping there will be a spare bunk coz i was tired and had no idea the reputation the room had brought on itself. The people look just as big as every other person i'd seen previously so i accepted one of the empty bunks. I probably should have been smarter to ask why this one had spare spaces when the others didn't or why we went into room four before room three but no i took the bed. I laid my bed and my net was cast. I laid in the bed for a few minutes just thinking about how massive all these ppl were in comparison with me. i still hadn't talked to anyone all night when these Damola A came by my bedside. He was talking to his mate that was sleeping on the bunk above mine. They kept chatting and suddenly, he put his leg on my bed with my net still down. I kept quiet for a while but you know how stupid these guys were back then he kept on and on and on rubbing his massive leg on my net/bed with his slippers still on.

I summoned up courage. I had a gift from God even though he hadn't made me big then, he gave me something bigger {a big mouth} and this was one of the first moments in life i used it. I touched Damola and told him to step off my bed. His reply was don't you know who you are talking to? I thought to myself i asked you politely with an addition of please, how else was i going to talk? Another in the corner with big lips Sakiru A joined in then Kayode A then Kehinde A then Mayowa then finally a short man devil like myself Ade S. They all ganged up on me tying to push me to a corner and deal with me. But one by one i picked on each and used their deficiency in abusing them and the onces that seemed just about okay since i knew noting else about them i abused about brain deficiency. This hadn't helped my case. But luckily for me, someone liked me up there it was Sunkanmi who told all of them to calm down it was myfirst day. Told them to imagine their first days maybe he meant in prison i have no idea but they left me that night in the end. But Sunkanmi was no angel. He didn't want them getting in trouble over a no brainer on his first night out away from the grandparents who loved him so. I was in the toilet alone the next day.

I'd been in toilets in my life i even shared toilets with craziest of all ppl my brother never flushing the toilet but when i saw a pit latrine with ppl doing shot put with shit and maggots all over the. How did i do it that day i have no idea. But that was just the start of my long 5 years in the college going from one obstacle to another even befriending labush. Oh yeah labush.No how he got his name, he name himself pubic hair. Crazy bastard when they tell stories i listened as i said i was indeed growing up. i'll come back again telling more.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by agnesoseka: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2007
i never attended a boarding house, bt wish i did, cos i'v heard alot of interestin stuff dat happens in boardin houses, popsi,never gave me a chance,he prefered day schs for girls bt 2 of my brothers went to booarding houses and they come back during hols wit loads of tales and we envy them, its all gud though.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by hobgoblin1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 13, 2007
BHouse!?! I remember back in the days in Ogbomoso, I was bitten by a snake (a viper) about 11pm. That night I didn't expect to live to see the next day, infact the pain was so agonizing I didn't want to live a second longer. I made it to next morning and that morning I initially thought I had gotten to where to the saints go. I didn't "smell the coffee" but the pungent disinfectant before I knew I was on admission in a hospital.

If I try to average the good times and the otHeR times in the BHouse, I believe it paid off in the long run. Though it almost cost me my life, I learn't some life lessons.

"pRo uNiTAtE" somebody!
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by queen2(f): 9:31pm On Feb 13, 2007
If only i went to boarding school nigeria, my epistle would be more than tinard's  shocked
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 14, 2007
Hi Eastcoast, I went to F.G.G.C OYO as well and i remember the Beans incident and a couple of girls that fell into the pot, I was a senior girl then so i was not involved in the beans fight, But i remember girls like Buchi falling into the beans pot it was terrible and to think the following day was vacation day.All the stories on this thread just remind me of life at boarding school .I Had fun most of the time although there were sad moments especially remembering people like Okebs, Fadoju and all those terrible Matrons.Sure you must have heard Miss Apata's Husband,the music teacher beat her to death and he is cooling his heels in prison custody.Went to school about 2 months ago and the situation was not so nice but the same teachers are still there and fewer students now because of the state of the school
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 8:22am On Feb 14, 2007
How tragic to read that story of a man, beating his wife to death. Seriously, the govt. should publicize domestic violence, to empower women and give them alternatives to escape an abusive relationship, instead of overlooking it.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 14, 2007
right suggestion, It was a terrible incident
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by lolabaloo(f): 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2007
anybody finished from fgcikirun, remember mr ibidapo ok u've forgotten. then u should remember this [is gaju,o y o,owala etc.] the funniest and most restless of all the teachers then. very wicked teacher. i remembered how he was dealt with by some yellow house girls and the story of the way he was beaten by some boys. those period he was so gentle that hardly you see him talk. grin

my alma mater
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by lolabaloo(f): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2007
tinard,i remember those name dont like those guys too back in the days. but what can you do than to cope with most of them in school. if i'm right they pioneers? they are also my mate. dont get along with most of them them too. sorry for the way you were being treated then. catch u
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by trendy(f): 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2007
phew, what a thread shocked
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by shadowcat(f): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2007
my days in FGC Lagos remain memorable.to be frank being aboarder is super cool,there were good times and bad times,times when girls and guys struggled 4 superiority and times when as a junior student u just had 2 suffer
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by lauryn(f): 6:41am On May 30, 2007
subscribing to thread!!
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by WyrdChick(f): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2007
I went to FGGC OYO(Pro Uni-WrydChick breaks mental record of school anthem), it was the most horrible time of my life, i was alienated because i was weird and talked faster/differently from everyone.
You were always dirty because of the sand, at the mercy of a senior or your dorm-mates were b*****es or classmates were, or all of the above.sigh. I was a toilet worker, garbage girl and the most annoying of all jobs entrance/gate sweeper. Toilet worker most commonly, those seniors!
Had a fight with a teacher in my final year(grrrrrr angry) Those b**** wanted to write bad things in my testimonial angry, (which i have not used for anything today, its rotting in my drawers) if it hadn't been for Ms Apata being nice to them, so it saddens me greatly to hear that she was beaten to death by her husband, who was a pastor! She was such a nice lady to me, but i remember her husband being a pervert, and very quick to anger.
The only thing I liked about the school was when the power was cut and you could see the stars, ghost stories and after exam shenanigans. tongue
I'm glad its all a blur to me now.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by holythug(m): 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2007
hi, pple frm f g c ikirun, i am knuckle
niji balogun

who here rmmbas blue house rm 1
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by tobaaro(m): 7:58am On Aug 26, 2007
I went 2 FGC Odogbolu, Anothr Pro UNITATE

And its lyk they all hav d same orientation, D truth is u survive in a Fed schl, u can survive anything!!
Nice thread,
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by sweetberry(f): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2007
i went to a pro-unitate school FGGC ipetumodu
there were some good & bad one memories from thursday labour, scarcity of garri & provision, the junior above me bedwetting and staining my blanket, saturday inspection, stealing of buckets, distribution of duties at the beginning of each term (if you get toilet or gutter it will be as if your life is over) to soaking indomie, shotput  embarassed (i ain't going to xpain that), bullying, hiding of contraband ike chewing gum, sweet, eye liner & minor things like that during inspection, visiting day food, to witchcraft, Bushbaby and saturday social night, scaling of fencies to get into the hostel, afternoon & evening prep, afternoon siesta, interhouse sport, valentine days (why we did that i don't know because my school was a girls' only school), school daughter, school mother, special friend, school pet,  cross country, how it was difficult to get the toilet key if u are a junior unless you have senior friends, how those seniors 'jack' the padlock of the toilet & mess it all up, fighting for a bowl of watery beans in the dining hall, pouring food into cups & lots more.
exchange of food.
when u become a senior (S.S3) that is when u ve it so easy
anytime i think of those days i just smile, i miss those days so much
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2007
For me, cleanning of gutters wasnt bad. I hated sweeping the dormitory, did not like morning/saturday inspection. But overall, school was fun. The stories from school? some of mine, were, should I just say out of the ordinary. In my final year, a junior student got into a fight with a relative of a friend of mine, and whupped him seriously. Much later, this junior student confessed to us that he was a member of the spiritual underworld. This man held some of us spell bound with stories on how he was the deputy/2nd in command of the underworld and so on. He also revealed names of some famous Nigerians who, he claimed were alligned with this organization, and the control he exerted on him. People just listened to this guy, and infact, my friend was able to write down his stories. I hesitate to call them testimonies, because they might not be true. After I left secondary school, I read an obituary of his father in the newspapers. My classmate, whose relative was my flatmate off Uniuyo, was lamenting the death of the man. I could not summon the courage to tell her that the man's son, had confessed to being a member of the underworld. But, now, as I think about  it, I have to inquire, why is that when somebody leaves a group, they claim that in their former lives, they were always the '2nd in command' of the father of all liars?

Nna, this was in my final year, and they were some sort of stuffs that were happing during that period.

Then, prior to this, some women came to my school and started weeping that there would be death(s) in my school, because of the presence of . . . on trees. These women prayed over it, and reported it to the literature mistress, who was involved in organizing Bible studies at her house on campus. When the Chaplain was informed, he was highly critical of the story. See, the Chaplain is Lutheran (and he so much frowned on it whenever we had private prayers in the Chapel), while the lady was I should think a born again Christian.

Still on that subject, some students were complaining of the teaching methods of the literature mistress. I did not have a problem with her style of teaching, because I aced her classes, for the most part. Some students, I think may have attributed it to partiality, but, that's not the point though. The complaints grew louder, to the point that the vice principal convened a meeting with my classmates. Her grievance? Someone had sent an annonymous letter that the teacher's style of educating us was not effective. "Whodunnit", as they say? Nobody could reveal, but some students raised their voices. The woman countered back that the reason why the male students were complaining was that we thought she was not . . .

I finished school more than a decade ago, but some of the memories of high school days remain fresh in my psyche. I really miss the institution, my classmates, teachers, the trips to the streams (particularly in the afternoons/evenings). I wish I could relieve those days once again.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 27, 2007
grin grin grin i am a fegco boy , federal government college ogbomosho,my nick is jayon the baddest boy, i got pix for ya all

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by holythug(m): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2007
la bush was my man
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by hobgoblin1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2007
jayon were did you get the pix of our admin block. I haven't seen that in a while. cheesy

I just imagine, Poor Man's Corner (PMC) to the left and the Dining Hall to the extreme right.

FEGO
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by hobgoblin1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2007
@jayon Did you finish with ORIMOLADE A.K.A ORI's set.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by omega25red(m): 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2007
Oh men all these stories have been funny and sad to remember
I went to FGCJ Federal govt college Jos and i lived in Lagos
When i first got to that school the admin decided that my class mates were too young and too small so they decided to put all the jss1 students in a different house away from the seniors that was kind cool
my worst memory of jss1 was when i mistakenly spilled a bucket of water on the floor before friday labor duties the house captain made me strip to my under ware and roll in the water on the floor undecided

jss2 was the worst they mixed us with the rest of the bastards in the school
we had closets in out dorms and the seniors would make us hang on the closets and put a bucket of water under us while hangging angry

jss3 they switched us all again to a a different house because we suffered a lot in jss 2
jss3 was my favorite time in boarding school lots of fun oh yea before i forget one of my class mates who seem to have a lot of money in school and he always gave the seniors what ever they wanted got me in trouble with our house captain in jss3 i can't remeber how many slaps i received that night but lets just say my face was numb and i stopped feeling the slaps after the guy was done with me this guy had a studded belt (doctor knock) that he used to beat people with too (bastard son of a bitch i hope he is carrying shit where ever he is)

ss1 was okay i havd some senior friends and i used to sleep in their rooms so i was hardly bothered i just started getting used to the school then i left and moved out of the country

those 4 years were magical lots of highs and lows i would trade the lows but i would keep the highs
the only thing i regret is that i missed out on the girls and i didn't get to experience walking around the school without being scared of someone asking me for stuff e.g washing cloths or food cool
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by holythug(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2007
who here went to fgcik, n remembas d eko riot
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by hannydarl(f): 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2007
I went to St louis grammar school Akure .In the beginning Bhouse was nasty I always fell sick a week to resumption and when in school the first few weeks was fun we called it ose igberaga as there was lots of money to throw around and students hardly eat the food prepared by the school then comes the OSE ISANRA MOLE thats when students get broke and go about begging for garri and doing the KAN JE style and soak and travel where we soak a hand full of Garri in water for 1hr come back and finish the bowl of garri with a cube of sugar the style is bite a tinny bit of sugar and stuff two spoonsfull of garri into the mouth. The yoruba kids in SLA were quite nasty to srangers they called us omo nna and hardly made friends with us .I was a cool students and there were the bad ones who will always form alliance and go out to visit boyfriends they even did spiritual cleansing where one of those girls will enter into trance and start pointing at witches and one actually pointed at me and said I was possesed come to think at it now I think I was too dense I should have givven them bad mouth and told them to go to hell. I still remember Alero .A ,Akinyemi.L, Baderin. S ,thomson, Idowu.I, Lawal.J who later left with her cousine Lawal .W to another school.I miss them all and my pall fransisca obialo.Bhouse is fun but should be attended when the child is a senior.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Nella(f): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2007
Boarding school is d last place i would be! embarassed
just not 4 me
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by holythug(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2007
na wa o
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by omega25red(m): 3:47am On Sep 02, 2007
FGC jos the greatest massacare story
one morning the prefect in charge was one of the female house captains
This girl took all the girls to the dinning hall locked the gate and announced a massacare

all the guys were pissed so the male prefect got them back by not allowing any girl to eat lunch or dinner boy did we eat that day grin

does anyone remember sallah break all the lagos students up north would stay at school and we would go to the mango farms and raid it we also had a stream behind our school in which we swam in grin
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by teemine(f): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2007
[b]Of all the days ve spent on earth, secondary school days was the best, if i decide to recount all the experiences then i would surely make books in volumes.
it the social nites, the escapades, the punishment as a junior student ( i cud recall a senior, he was called farmer, he told me to lie down beneath a bunk (it was a very low bunk) ard 9.00pm till after midnite just because i refused to wash his shirt) or was it the bezu* (spying on girls) it was simply an hilarious experience.
Or shod i talk about the guys and the chicks, or was it the teachers, they were the best, mr. kakra, mrs yusuf, mrs. kakra, yoruba lab ( the mere mention of that name sends shivers down the spine of the hardest of guys) the sneaking into town just for a plate of ofada rice, the arena (i still don't know the concotion the woman put in her foods) because u cud do without her rice and shipon (pomo - the cooked hide of a cow) the jist is endless.
Please, if any Ex - may is in the house please speak up, so we don't allow all this fego guys to dominate this topic.
Am Orehin Abiodun, S/N 11381
[/quote], B4 UP, Ex - may Y2K set.
[/b]
Hi, am also an ex--may 2002  G3up s/n 11809.

Yea, do u remember d morning drill, where u get whipped for not running, also baba ayedun(the wicked warden).I agree with u with d yoruba lab i still have scares on my legs for not feeding the goats in the goat shed by baba Fashuwon. i got the beatings of my life that day. what of skeri & dodo hope u still remember in d canteen. iya wosila 's concotion also in ikenne town. just to mention a few.[quote]
[code][/code]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prove Dat 2÷10=2 / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.