Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures (44974 Views)

Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / 10 Types Of Boarding School Students / Photo Of The Day - Boarding School Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 1:53am On Feb 23, 2010
In high school, some students who got into trouble with the school authorities would be instructed to bring in their parents. In some cases, these students would hire strangers (like cyclists) to pose as their fathers in nice outfits and some money to 'seal the deal' While the principal would reproach the students in front of their fake fathers, the men would lament that their son has brought disgrace to them. No teacher knew about it, but some of the students knew that it was all fake.

Eventually, one of the teachers found out about it, so when an announcement was made that some students had to bring in their father, one of the teachers said, 'Bring your REAL father, not your FAKE father"
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by 0hsisi: 2:03am On Feb 23, 2010
I went to FGGC somewhere.
We had so many girls with owu mmiri aka ogbanje spirit that'll be talking to people only them could see and sometimes they acted so crazy
I was so scared of these chicks and there were quite a number of these girls.
The funny thing is that some of these girls are now married and some to very prominent Nigerians while some are very popular themselves.
Names many of you will recognize lipsrsealed
I just wonder if their demons were ever cast out or the ogbanje was just an excuse for them to go home
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by chic2pimp(m): 3:59am On Feb 23, 2010
Secondary School was fun, I tell ya grin(went from being bullied to partaking in bullying myself undecided)
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by 0hsisi: 4:23am On Feb 23, 2010
chic2pimp:

Secondary School was fun, I tell ya grin(went from being bullied to partaking in bullying myself undecided)

why are we not surprised?
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by BlueMagic2(m): 3:35am On Mar 15, 2010
Boarding school was all kinds of crazy fun! From being a suffer head as a junior TO reaping the fruits of being a senior, from being a bullied to being a bully. From fetchin water with a spoon as purnishment to havin some1 fetch ur water, iron ur clothes, lay ur bed. From sleeping in the bush i.e jungle in order to escape punishment TO sleepin on two matresses wit some1 faning u to sleep & anoda killin all the mosquitoes. From madam koi koi, bush babies & all that u don't wanna go back to school TO just lovin the life & always lookin forward 2 d next resumption date and going back 2 school. Mehn! I loved my boardin school life. Don't know about my kidS goin to boarding school, times have changed! Big Up 2 FEGO Ogbomoso 94 set! Mehn! I love this nairaland, never a dull moment! wink
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by chic2pimp(m): 4:23am On Mar 26, 2010
0hsisi:

why are we not surprised?
No be my fault ooo grin
I had to survive wink

Blue Magic:

Boarding school was all kinds of crazy fun! From being a suffer head as a junior TO reaping the fruits of being a senior, from being a bullied to being a bully. From fetchin water with a spoon as purnishment to havin some1 fetch your water, iron your clothes, lay your bed. From sleeping in the bush i.e jungle in order to escape punishment TO sleepin on two matresses wit some1 faning u to sleep & anoda killin all the mosquitoes. From madam koi koi, bush babies & all that u don't wanna go back to school TO just lovin the life & always lookin forward 2 d next resumption date and going back 2 school. Mehn! I loved my boardin school life. Don't know about my kidS goin to boarding school, times have changed! Big Up 2 FEGO Ogbomoso 94 set! Mehn! I love this nairaland, never a dull moment! wink
Ohsisi see what I mean grin
It happened to the best of us smiley
Oh bwoi you wicked ooo grin grin grin "Someone fanning you to sleep & anoda killing all the mosquitoes" grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 2:44am On Nov 10, 2010
My classmate got another female classmate pregnant in school. This was a major scandal.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 12:55am On Nov 11, 2010
Why is it locked?
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by keeptalkin(m): 1:28pm On Dec 16, 2010
boarding school must've been fun in those days
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 12:35am On Dec 17, 2010
Some senior students who had plotted to beat up a junior student were disciplined by the school authorites. Out of revenge, they (according to what I heard) threatened to kill the young student. One of the ring leaders who plotted this group was well feared in school because he was very wicked. So, one of the teachers immediately alerted the boy's parents over their son's well being, and the parents arrived on campus immediately.

That day, (to my shock), the mother of the young boy was so incensed that she hunted for the senior student just by the dormitory. With my own eyes, I saw this angry woman pick up a big stone and ran after the senior student screaming obscenities at him. The guy was out of sight, and I was perplexed. I was like, "Hasnt this woman heard of the atrocities of this senior student and that her very act could send him into a rampage and in the process beat her up to dead. The woman was fearless in her anger. Case was dismissed, the student, I think was expelled. This later on became a sobering lesson to me in my later years, that any loving mother, would risk their lives to defend their children's lives. Then, I did not reason that far.

Another one was when a junior student was forced to kneel down by a senior student. Just then, his mother appeared on the scene in a 504 with his elder brother. The boy stood up and reported the injustices to his mother. Whereupon his elder brother attacked the senior student. Come and see the melee. It's what my people, Akwa Ibom, say "Afia Itong" The distressed mother tried to separate these two lions to no avail. In the end, the fight came to an end, and the younger brother temporarily left home with his family members. As they drove off, incensed students (I wasnt involved in it) threw pebbles at her car, while the mother (I know her quite well) rained abuses and curses at us. It was a huge commotion, that could have sparked a riot. Surprisingly, her windshields and windows did not suffer any major damage, but in the long run, the boy withdrew from school to a different institution.

Boarding school then was something else.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 12:44am On Dec 17, 2010
Some senior students who had plotted to beat up a junior student were disciplined by the school authorites. Out of revenge, they (according to what I heard) threatened to kill the boy. The ring leader was well feared in school because he was very wicked. So, one of the teachers immediately alerted the boy's parents to inform them of this development that could jeopardize his well being. The parents promptly arrived.

It was on a school day when they arrived and that day, I saw an angry mother screaming obscenities while she picked up a big stone and hunted for the senior student. The guy was out of sight, but I was perplexed by her conduct considering the level of terror the guy inflicted on us junior students. I asked myself "Hasnt this woman heard of the atrocities of this senior student and that her very act could send him into a rampage and in the process beat her up to dead?" Either she heard or not, but she did not care, she was determined to deal with that bully, but she couldnt get a hold of him. Case was dismissed, and the student, I think was expelled. This later on became a sobering lesson to me in my later years, that any loving mother, would risk their life to defend her children. Then, I did not reason that far.

Another one was when a junior student was punished by a senior student. Just as he was serving his punishment (he was kneeling down) his mother appeared on the scene in a 504 with his elder brother. The boy rushed at them and reported the injustices. Whereupon his elder brother attacked the senior student and they got into it. The distressed mother tried to separate these two warring guys to no avail. In the end, the fight came to an end, and the younger brother temporarily left home with his family members. As they drove off the campus, some angry students (I wasnt involved in it) threw pebbles at her car, while the mother (I know her quite well) retaliated by pouring invectives and curses at us. The words she spewed out was horrible but I cant justify the actions of my school mates. Despite the commotion, there wasnt a riot, and her windshields and car windows did not suffer any major damage. However the school lost the younger boy later on when he withdrew from campus to a different institution.

My experiences in boarding house was I would put it, full of drama.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2011
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Ndipe(m): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
This one is another true story though it may be hard to believe but I dont think the principal made it up.

A junior girl was punished by a senior student and she brought in her mom to campus. The senior girl also brought in her mom and both women met face to face. Turns out the mothers were once school mates. And the junior student's mom used to punish the senior student's mother in secondary school. So during the confrontation, the mother of the senior student said that her daughter was avenging the punishment she received from the mother of the junior students. The principal told us all this in chapel, I think when I was a junior student.

Sometimes, what goes around comes around.
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Saxophemsy: 11:59pm On Sep 22, 2011
Man boarding skul life na hell oh, i no fit kari ma children go boardin skul oh, dem go turn renegade
Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by Samuelx: 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2011

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by remsonik(f): 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
bolseas:
@ aysometin, eastcoast and wrdchick.

it nice to read from u gals from FEGGO Villa.
i remeber most of d stories u told especially d beans stuff.

do u ladies still remember the val's day precisely Feb 14, 1998?
i remeber vividly bcs i was in ss3 den.

it all started this way. prior to d vals day, gals ( d itchus especially) bought gifts like wine, perfs etc. only for the schul authority Okebs and dis short woman who taught (maybe still teaching) computer science came to d hostels for check and really seized a lot of gifts , Wine especially. we were later told tht it was dat short woman who was d brain behind d checks.

whn it was midnigtht of d D day, students started throwing knockouts and this attracted d police on duty guarding a bank in town.
the police were jumping over the fences think it was an armed robbery attack.

next thing we heard was shouts of RAPISTS!!!!!!!!!! everybody got confused the police, d girls, matron were running helter skelter.  grin  grin

i cant 4get dat day though some pple were held responsible for d actions bt it was fun all thru.

also d story of the kitchen staff who went to ground beans at the class area, saw a ghost and started running back to d dorm area with beans spilling on the ground. it was a wednesday morning we were supposed to drink pap and akara dat day. trust students most of us no chop d akara dat day.

one of the teachers mrs bukoye? she was wicked. there was a time after resumption dat we noticed she was married and xpecting a baby. some students said she will nt deliver dat baby. b4 her time was up she miscarried. too many stories sha. thank God we survived.

to  mrs Apata May her soul rest in perfect peace. she helped me out in my junior days. she was an exceptionally nice woman.

Feggo days cannot be forgotten lailai, ha, I miss feggo. Hmmm the staffs, food box rooms in the dorms, is it the houses, Idia, emotan, manuwa, Amina, tinubu, olabisi, moremi , efunsetan, ha... Dining area, chai those Saturday morning inspection, matrons

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boarding House Stories And Pictures by bolseas(f): 5:48am On Jun 21, 2020
remsonik:

Feggo days cannot be forgotten lailai, ha, I miss feggo. Hmmm the staffs, food box rooms in the dorms, is it the houses, Idia, emotan, manuwa, Amina, tinubu, olabisi, moremi , efunsetan, ha... Dining area, chai those Saturday morning inspection, matrons

Lol.. you tried o. You remembered all the 8 houses. I could remember just 4. I only remember the colours. It was fun and wahala all thru.. early morning duty nko. Toilet workers that pound shit nko.. oh God..

And the fact that you will wait till Monday on assembly ground to hear your results concerning the saturday inspection. If your house didnt perform well on saturday, after lunch, be ready for punishment..

The experiences were of the good, the bad and the ugly...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prove Dat 2÷10=2 / Archibong Bassey, UNICAL 19-Year-Old First Class Graduate Shares Success Story / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.