Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,089 members, 7,953,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:04 PM

Sacrificing Your Pride - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sacrificing Your Pride (1250 Views)

Show A Nigerian Girl Love, & Loose Your Pride As A Man? (An Assertion) / Should I Keep On Sacrificing Myself To My Family Or Shd I Stop. / Men Are Not Worth Sacrificing For: Ladies Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacrificing Your Pride by SamMilla1(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2008
Now you meet a guy or a girl for the first time.
You dont know her/him.
Inside yourself, you believe that want you want in a guy/girl is character.
SOMEONE WITH GOOD HEART AND SOMEONE WHO WILL RESPECT YOU.
He/She is not exactly your definition of handsome or beauty.
But he/She could be exactly what you want in a person.

Would you sacrifice your pride to find out more about him/her ?
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2008
what's pride got to do with it? undecided
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by SamMilla1(m): 10:10am On Aug 19, 2008
ThoniaSlim:

Actually i think pride has everything to do with it.
Like seeing some guy/girl that you do not like his/her physical apperance.
Does guys/girls really give them a chance to atleast say something?
Before considering them unfit for them.
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by spikedcylinder: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2008
Then you must be waaaaaaaaay too proud.
The way I see it, this person already has a thousand other people appreciating her "character", people who wouldnt be thinking they are "sacrificing their pride" by being with her.
I dont see what pride has to do with anything here.
Please, check yourself.
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2008
Thanks Spike; Poster you cant be serious
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by whitelexi(m): 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2008
Ujujoan:

Thanks Spike; Poster you can't be serious

Nope, poster can be serious!
Its about throwing everything into the thin air and risking an embarrassing moment when u try talking to a girl who looks everything u want in a woman [from the outside] only for her to diss u and make a public display that leaves u looking silly grin
This even happens to guys who are very goodlooking. . . I've had girls toasting me on many occasions, but thats not important, to have a girl openly turn me down will do more damage [than can be seen by the naked eye] to my overall confidence. It can ruin my day, especially when i'd gone about it in the most civil and socially acceptable way.
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by topup: 7:32am On Aug 20, 2008
Pride? I don't believe you have to sacrifice your pride to talk to someone who you feel is less attractive than yourself.

I'm confused, do you mean, do I have to become more humble, or less stuck up about my own looks? If that's the case, I've been there done that, and the funniest thing is that, my friends and people who know both of us were witnesses to the whole thing, shocked with horror; 'You were too good for him anyway'- at least by approaching someone for love, if it doesn't work out, you can always use that cheap satisfaction to get over them slightly quicker. tongue
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by topup: 7:34am On Aug 20, 2008
whitelexi:

Its about throwing everything into the thin air and risking an embarrassing moment when u try talking to a girl who looks everything u want in a woman [from the outside] only for her to diss u and make a public display that leaves u looking silly grin
This even happens to guys who are very goodlooking. . . I've had girls toasting me on many occasions, but thats not important, to have a girl openly turn me down will do more damage [than can be seen by the naked eye] to my overall confidence. It can ruin my day, especially when i'D gone about it in the most civil and socially acceptable way.

The OP stated that this person is not what you'D call attractive.

SAM MILLA:

He/She is not exactly your definition of handsome or beauty.
But he/She could be exactly what you want in a person.

Would you sacrifice your pride to find out more about him/her ?
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by iice(f): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2008
When you have a certain standard known to your family and friends. Yes pride comes in. How else can you show off someone you think is 'beneath' your standard or 'below' the standard the 'public' et al thinks your status level is?

Would i sacrifice my pride? Depends on what i am proud of undecided
Besides i like being the beast to his beauty grin grin
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Emperoh(m): 8:50am On Aug 20, 2008
I can't really see what pride has got to do with this topic one bit!!!
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by spikedcylinder: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2008
iice:

When you have a certain standard known to your family and friends. Yes pride comes in. How else can you show off someone you think is 'beneath' your standard or 'below' the standard the 'public' et al thinks your status level is?

Would i sacrifice my pride? Depends on what i am proud of undecided
Besides i like being the beast to his beauty grin grin

Freaking freak! tongue

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2008
whitelexi:

This even happens to guys who are very goodlooking. . . I've had girls toasting me on many occasions, but thats not important, to have a girl openly turn me down will do more damage [than can be seen by the naked eye] to my overall confidence. It can ruin my day, especially when i'D gone about it in the most civil and socially acceptable way.

lmao. no hard feelings. but couldn't resist the urge to actually note that and laugh the hell out. grin grin grin grin
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2008
whitelexi:

If you cant stand a little embarrassment, then stop toasting girls on the way. Its even kind of embarrassing for a girl too. Imagine walking on a street and you know you r looking good cos all eyes' on you; and then one funny guy who thinks he's good looking and drives a four wheel approaches you and starts mis yarning. I specialize in embarrasing such guys. And now you guys think you are swallowing your pride?? shakes head
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Tgirl4real(f): 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2008
ThoniaSlim:

I wonder o!!!!
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Busybody2(f): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2008
Tgirl4real:

I wonder o!!!!

Talking of wonders, i have been wondering where have you been?
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Gamine(f): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2008
Leave her alone! grin

Seriously is it just me or is this topink smhow
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Tgirl4real(f): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2008
I dey o, Iyalode. Na naija condition catch man pikin o. Problems with ISP actually and NL dey somehow boring recently jare. Like today naa, i don parambulate tire, i no see wia to post. grin
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Busybody2(f): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2008
Tgirl4real:

I dey o, Iyalode. Na naija condition catch man pikin o. Problems with ISP actually and Nairaland dey somehow boring recently jare. Like today naa, i don parambulate tire, i no see wia to post. grin

Gamine:

Leave her alone! grin

@tgirl
Are you just going to leave us hanging like that, wetin dey happen with that bobo and that bobo now?

Will you both stop derailing the thread  tongue before I report you to the moderator. grin
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by rampant(f): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
whitelexi:

[b]This even happens to guys who are very goodlooking. . .  I've had girls toasting me on many occasions, but thats not important, [/b]to have a girl openly turn me down will do more damage [than can be seen by the naked eye] to my overall confidence. It can ruin my day, especially when i'D gone about it in the most civil and socially acceptable way.

toasting u?as in d girls r asking u out or wat?

@topic

there is nothing like pride here,afteralll d person is not begging u to date her,u r talking about ugly girls,wat about them guys?

no girl wants a very ugly man,anyways one mans meat is another mans poison,sm girls prefer huge guys,why some dont

as for them that prefer those fat huge things dat call themselves men,i tire for them ooooooo,,fat men can be so shapeless angry
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Tgirl4real(f): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2008
Gamine:

I guess it's the topic oo.

Busy_body:

@tgirl
Are you just going to leave us hanging like that, wetin dey happen with that bobo and that bobo now?

Will you both stop derailing the thread tongue before I report you to the moderator. grin

You be crook. lol grin
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by Tgirl4real(f): 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2008
Iyalode,

I no no where d thread dey o. Revive am and i go gist you. wink
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by whitelexi(m): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2008
ThoniaSlim:

lmao. no hard feelings. but couldn't resist the urge to actually note that and laugh the hell out. grin grin grin grin

I knowww, why wont u note that bit? cos u witnessed some abi? tongue
Re: Sacrificing Your Pride by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:22am On Aug 21, 2008
oh, you wish. grin

(1) (Reply)

Analyse This Objectively / Did The Beutiful Girls Know: / My Boyfriend Is Neglecting Me For Marine Engineering Studies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.