Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread (63078 Views)

Poll: Who's gonna win the BBA competition?

Hazel: 3% (7 votes)
Latoya: 1% (3 votes)
Lucile: 1% (3 votes)
Mimi: 2% (6 votes)
Morris: 4% (11 votes)
Muyana: 6% (14 votes)
Ricco: 16% (37 votes)
Sheila: 3% (8 votes)
Takondwa: 2% (5 votes)
Tawana: 1% (4 votes)
Thami: 1% (4 votes)
Uti: 54% (120 votes)
This poll has ended

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa Stargame; Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Emad(f): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2008
am i the only one who hates lucille?
i feel she is a snake like bertha last year angry
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by mamus2010(f): 10:17am On Sep 05, 2008
am sure if majority of the viewers this time are people like me, MNET no go make money!!!! work wan kill man pickin!!! Thank God for Nairaland oh.

as for that Uti, i can see he has taken over talk talk from Sheila, infact its like he's talking for both of them. i think he should watch it, its a game, not a superiority contest!! and that Lucille!! she reminds me of those stickers on busses and lorries that say "trust no man", only this time its a woman and her name is Lucille (i think Don Williams was singing abt her in his song Lucille!) me thinks the viewers shld watch that space.

and as for Lerato, i think i find her comments a bit amusing, or more like annoying!!! she should please shut up and stop criticising everything and everybody!!! she wasnt fun to watch really.

my 2 cents wink
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by babyosho: 11:24am On Sep 05, 2008
well wld say its too early to say sha bt atleast got 2b patrotic, UTI.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by babyosho: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2008
nigeria 4 life.all benson idahosa univresity students r behind his back, GO!!!! UTI,
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Dalby(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2008
I am really happy with the events of yesterday in the BBA house. Uti took Mimi to the cleaners gringringrin
Other house mates helped to bring out the little things she had told them in secret, regarding relationships and MORRIS.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by lawyerchap(m): 12:42pm On Sep 05, 2008
Awww Biggie. Surely they deserved to win the Olympics task. They put their very hearts and souls into the events themselves but they sadly let themselves down in the time between the events, engaging in what Biggie termed anti-olympic behavior: bickering where they should have been united, smoking and eating chocolates when they should have been on a strict diet, cheating which is against the Olympic spirit and not looking out for one another’s safety during the more dangerous tasks. But surely that presentation had to count for something. Come on biggie.

The presentation was great and the housemates went about it with great enthusiasm. Munya was the presenter and did a great job taking us through the various events as they reenacted the ribcracking scenarios that played out this past week. The Tricycle Relay was the highpoint for me. It was a testament to the powers of the PVR decoder as the housemates paused and rewound live tv. That was truly hilarious. Munya tried to pause facial expressions and housemates in midair all the while keeping up a steady chatter explaining the scenarios as they unfolded. He did a truly stellar job on the night and they had me in stitches almost throughout the presentation.

However, I wasn’t laughing when they reenacted Uti being caught eating chocolates in hiding and Munya highlighted Nigeria’s bribery and corruption problem when Uti had to give Mimi some chocolate to shut her up. I felt it was a bit insensitive given our not exactly sterling reputation in that regard. To further reinforce it on Big Brother wasn’t very funny to me. But that’s just me I’m sure.

Anyway, the greatest fear of any Olympic Organizing Committee came horrendously true for the housemates as they struggled to light their Olympic torch. Munya and Ricco struggled vainly with the lighter trying to ignite the torch. Come on guys, some accelerant is all you need. Tawana came to the rescue with God knows what, probably some nail polish remover. But even that was in such small quantity that the torch soon died out. I don’t know how they eventually got the Olympic Flame going, but when they did it was a truly healthy blaze.

The closing ceremony was ‘grand’to use Uti’s words. The dance display was pretty well choreographed and the housemates pulled it off without a hitch. There was so much going on at the same time, sort of like a visual buffet, with some acrobatics, choreography and callistenics all happening at once. After I saw the Beijing opening and closing ceremonies I had said Africa should never try to host the Olympics, but now I’m a bit more confident after seeing twelve ordinary Africans put together a makeshift ceremony with creativity and enthusiasm. I was proud.

That’s why I was shocked beyond words when Biggie said they failed the task. I was truly shocked but not as shocked as the housemates who had expected to win the 100% wager. At that point bickering broke out about who decided to wager the entire 100% with Uti shouting at the housemates that “you never wager all your money.” Typical Nigerian.

And then the anger turned towards Big Brother with signs of rebellion showing amongst all the housemates. But uti seems to be very vocal with his disapproval of Biggie’s verdict on the task. Last night Biggie told someone to check that they were wearing their microphone correctly and Uti said ‘Biggie we would appreciate it if you don’t speak to us anymore tonight.’ I was shocked and the housemates were too. This morning again, he referred to Big Brother as Big Bitch. shocked shocked shocked

He has a partner in Takondwa who was being an incendiary influence this morning, urging the housemates not to exercise. He was actually actively soliciting the housemates to go on strike. According to him, ‘what will Big Brother do to us? Come out of the Diary Room? Or disqualify all of us? If we stick together there’s nothing he can do to us.’ But the chubby rapper failed to walk the walk after talking the talk. He had said he wouldn’t go into the Diary Room if Biggie called him. The words were scarcely out of his mouth when Biggie called him into the Diary Room. Sheepishly, the tough talking Zambian walked into the Diary Room. Fortunately it was merely to tell the housemates to change their batteries. Phew! lipsrsealed

Last night Mimi the Ghanaian either showed how naïve she was or was just playing dumb. She appeared to be under the impression that guys are actually attracted by a girl’s personality. Duh! The housemates mercilessly laid into her teasing her about her attraction to Morris being based on anything but personality. Thankfully Latoya was fast asleep or there could have been bloodshed. Also learnt a new word ‘Hoy’ which apparently means, well, you can guess what it means, I’m sure. wink wink

They are preparing for the Head of House task to choose the first HOH whose powers will actually count in next week’s eviction. However, there seems to be general cold feet towards exercising the power of Save and Replace and it is unlikely that we will see it used much this season. Perhaps only when the person who is HOH ends up on Eviction Row will we see that power being used. Liverless housemates. This will make evictions very boring and predictable, because the housemates will not nominate the person who is HOH and the HOH will not save and replace anyone, at least not now. Perhaps when the numbers have been whittled down and alliances have formed. Can hardly wait.

This just in: Ricco seems like he's going to be Head of House.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Beamer: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2008
I think Uti had a point on the wagering of the 100%. Some risks are too hard to take.

I also enjoyed his argument with Mimi about whether they are lucky or not to be in the House.

Ricco as HOH. Wonder who he gets to take to the Pent House (other than the rosary) of course.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by makin(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2008
@beamer
Uti was 200% right, wagering 100% twice consecutively borders on sheer arrogance and collective stupidity.
I'm sure the house mates have seen previous editions of big brother, they should have been much more cautious in staking their bets.
Lets see how it plays out, with meagre resources for next week and cabin fever starting to develop, an interesting week ensues.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tohloo: 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2008
@emad

i also dislike lucy i think shes seeking 4 sympathy vote with all the crying. news flash girl,not gonna work!

when will this SA vs NAIJA beef end? it happenened in BBA2, its happening now too did u guys see how thami nominated uti as his zero wen biggie asked them to name their heros & zeros?
he also nominated him on monday giving the most ridiculous reason eva, which is he hes forming clicks. if theres anyone in the house that has a rapport with everyone in that house i believe its uti. thami jst has a beef for nigerians jst like lot of souhafricans,its like they feel they always have to be in competion with nigeria
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by BluMalam(m): 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
tohloo:

@emad

i also dislike lucy i think shes seeking 4 sympathy vote with all the crying. news flash girl,not going to work!

when will this SA vs NAIJA beef end? it happenened in BBA2, its happening now too did u guys see how thami nominated uti as his zero when biggie asked them to name their heros & zeros?
he also nominated him on monday giving the most ridiculous reason eva, which is he hes forming clicks. if theres anyone in the house that has a rapport with everyone in that house i believe its uti. thami jst has a beef for nigerians jst like lot of souhafricans,its like they feel they always have to be in competion with nigeria

Abi? Was i the only one who noticed the anti-uti sms's on screen e.g UTI OUT UTI OUT,

Trust us, we ignored their provocation, one texter was so frustrated that he asked why naijarians(?) why we were not defending Uti with sms's - same answer - we ignored.

The truth is Thami SUCKS! Fat Boi!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by bloodred(f): 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
lets vote our guy. Its all abt d votes. Last minute now, u wont see any 9ja's voting, as if na only my vote go do am. abeg. Lets make Uti win. We have neva won any of these shows, yet we r d largest subscribers of MTN, Multichoice in Africa. If nothing else, think of that!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by NJnC: 9:54pm On Sep 05, 2008
I'm all patriotic N al, bt, Uti is extremely annoying

So, arrogant, cocky, lazy, selfish, N, he doesn't noe wn 2 shutup.

Y do dey alwyz pick guyz lyk dat 4 Nigeria, 1st Bayo w Uti.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by timbabng(m): 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2008
Latoya is kissing Rico on the bed right now. . . . . .thank God for Nightvision. What the f**k is her game?
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by AKO1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2008
timba_bng:

What the f**k is her game?

To be the 'entertainer'?

She doesnt want to be the reason why Ofunneka didnt win.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Bigpiper(m): 11:59pm On Sep 05, 2008
You guy are doing gr8 with your analysis. You are making PHCN look bad because i dont give a Bleep whether they give me light or not. I know i have an alternative, i can always get to "watch-read" it on nairaland.

@LC, you are the best men. You tell it like it's screened. Pls dont ever stop your analysis, keep it coming.

@Tampico, you rule baby but keep out the "girl thing" kind of analysis. Love your post and am always looking forward to your views. Where are u? No post from you yet!!!

@Beamer, Welcome to the house. Your post rocks.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by samir101ng(m): 1:46am On Sep 06, 2008
Hey y'all. Been gone a while so its nice to see the BBA3 thread has already gone so far. However, i have an observations to nairalanders. It has come to my attention that there's a lot of naija bashing going on at both the bba3 website and on the tv sms. Guys, you should really see what am reading and hearing. The south africans have poisoned the rest of africa towards us. To make matters worse, we are never united in our course of doing things. There's been a lot of talk going on about how the results of the show are biased towards nigerians when nigerians are clearly the most popular. However, after careful analysis i have come to a few conclusions. The rate of those watching and supporting bba3 in nigeria is small compared to the audience in south africa. Dont be misled by the fact that we have a huge population and what have you. its just common sense. to watch bba3 in naija you must have dstv which costs N9000 a month for subscription. Also, you must have a standby generator just in case and must be willing to send texts and emails as the case maybe to support your housemate. Once you calculate this factors in and realise that more than half of the population live on less than a dollar a day, you will see the answer. Thats a major contributing factor to why nigerians lose at this events. Imagine competing with a place like south africa where mnet is like nta. So, my contribution is, let all nairalanders and nigerians everywhere really stand up and show the rest of africa what we are made of. lets put our collective heads togethers and do something tangible that will yield a positive change. Peace.

P.S Guys, was watching the big brother show on mnet today and you should see the nudity on display. i was shocked shocked shocked shocked D--CKS and P--SSies was everywhere. They where taking a shower and big brother suddenly turned into a Indecency. Coulnt stop laughing when i saw takondawas john thomas. it was so tiny grin grin grin. Sh-t, RFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 06, 2008
the only way to quell beef is another distraction

right now there's not much to distract and Uti is just in focus cos he's loud

i suspect this fake nomination will put him in check

abt the BBA site?
forget it
they really arent that many people there, dont be fooled by the messages
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tng(f): 11:26am On Sep 06, 2008
I agree with salsera. the forum is not a yardstick. its just a few people creating several hate threads, although i think uti is drawing too much attention to himself
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Bluesteps(f): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2008
thanks guys for all the analyses.

No matter how much Nigerians vote it would be counted as 1 out of the 12 countires.
Uti will defintely get more votes in Nigeria although Nigerians would also vote other housemates.
But Uti will carry the Votes from Nigeria and tht would just be counted as 1.
The issue is to get other countries to vote for Uti as well.
And how do we do tht?
Its only Uti tht can make other countries want to vote for him and from the way he's going
Me I doubt if other countries would wanna vote for him.
anyway lets keep watching.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by timbabng(m): 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2008
word! my sister
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by ayodeji1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 06, 2008
i just paid my DSTV subcription fees yesterday but was surprised they have scrammbled my channel 198 and beform now i was watching BBA on that channel. Any idea on what to do
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by sartorius(m): 6:55pm On Sep 06, 2008
uti will be nominated on monday, nigeria is no 3 in subscription numbers
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by twinstaiye(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2008
ayodeji1:

i just paid my DSTV subcription fees yesterday but was surprised they have scrammbled my channel 198 and beform now i was watching BBA on that channel. Any idea on what to do
email your Smartcard number to DStv@nigeria.multichoice.co.za. or better still, call their customer care line.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2008
anytime i see latoya i realise the wonder of a bra - shape up,lift up, push up kai! the versatility

as if the 'kissing in the hood' wasnt enuf

abeg tampico when u dey come back
i don miss u walahi, i shud be around next wk
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tommyex(m): 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
Salsera,
Married ke?Not this year at least, So you still wont claim this la casera drink abi?
Tamps,
everyone is missing u, i beg get online n get kicking,

ALL
I managed to watch BBA today but it dint look interesting, maybe the hilite will help me

LC n d hot guys, girls keep it up, I love it ere
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tommyex(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
Nigeria won south africa today in football, more beef for nigeria
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by dnex(m): 12:25am On Sep 07, 2008
@ lawyerchap you did justice to the BBA 2 thread last year, and now here you are again keeping it real. Amazing @ ayodeji1 call customer care and they'll activate channel 198 for you.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by dnex(m): 12:31am On Sep 07, 2008
Meanwhile what's up with shower hour? That's the only time I really get to psychoanalyse the housemates cos in the shower, they're too insecure, selfconscious and uncomfortable to act.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by nairafan: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2008
NJnC You said it like it is man! UTI disappoints me big time.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Tampico(f): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2008
Bigpiper:

@Tampico, you rule baby but keep out the "girl thing" kind of analysis. Love your post and am always looking forward to your views. Where are u? No post from you yet!!!

@Bigpiper
Hey you!Tnx!Nawa for u sha, r u recommending i go for a sex change, sorry to dissapoint you, but i am a girl/lady i mean! kiss I joined this forum in BBA2 mid thread or so .B4 i did that i read the every single word from page 1, to when i started adding my own posts. if a lot of people were to do that, some totolous questions wouldn't be asked n some presumptions made. The 'girl thing' i did was in response to LC's male point of view on a certain post, so try to read earlier posts before u point a finger.I try to tell it as it is, then air my opinions like you, and everybody else. So please don't tell me what to keep out, or keep in.It's a free for all forum. I love u so much, n i know u mean well. cheers! kiss

@Salsera n Tommyex
What's wit the two of u anyway?You guys sound like a bickering couple grin Salsera and Tommy siting on a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g grin
Salsa gimme a call when you're in town. Hope i'll be around.

@Samir101ng
I saw it too.You would think that a believer like me, has seen uncut several times, but walai it's not the case.I actually forced myself to watch it by 1:30 am curtesy of LC. I even set an alarm sef. I saw TK's lipsrsealed too. I so LMAO too. Well atleast the brother is proud of it he probably knows how to use it undecided

@Bluesteps
Ure right!It doesn't matter how we wan vote die.Even if 10million of us vote in favour of Uti (as if that was possible),it would still be counted as one vote. The only solution be say, Nigerians we are many.In every country, we are there.In that S.A sef we plenty ie during opening see our group of naija people that hailed Uti.If the Nigerians in all the countries were to stand up, and take action and not just blow mouth,then we could make a difference.Even in Naija here sef, how many of us that watch, actually vote? embarassed

@Topic
So uncut airs every friday by 1:30 am.Please whoever watches should keep us posted, because i don't think i can lose my beauty sleep over it again.But since i watched it, this is what was shown.
They showed bits and peices of the truth and dare the HM's did.They showed when Latoya stripped to her undies.They showed when TK stripped to his Birthday suit.They showed Ricco doing the wall in various positions as the HM's called out various positions for him to do. I beg which one be bicycle position again??They showed Sheila kissing the guys one by one.The dare was for her to apply chapstick on, and kiss it off with each guy.They showed only when she kissed TK, and Morris.The show was punctuated from time to time with slow motions of the HM's doing their thing in the bathroom, with a slow song in the background. The funny part for me was when TK was bouncing in proudly into the bathroom when Lucille and Tawana were having their bath. As soon as Lucille saw him coming, she just took off. All the guys bath raw except our Uti, who wears baggy shorts which allows him free access to wash himself well.Lucille,hazel and Mimi always wear swimsuits to bathe.Others were not shown.The uncut show wasn't long, and i'm sure they have saved the other juicier parts for this week's uncut.
As for this Uti's talk talk, it is only God that will help us.I still support my guy,because there is nothing else a Nigerian sista can do. He makes the house lively,and he can make an interesting task or chore seem fun.
I think Latoya sees Morris seriously(n she's afraid of that),n Ricco like i always say, a playtoy.She was just kissing Ricco anyhow anyhow on Friday,while Morris was talking with Tawana,thami, and Hazel.
That Tawana sef, she doesn't know when to take a hint.Thami was massaging Hazel's hand when she jumped over, and started to talk with them.It was very obvious Thami n Hazel wanted privacy, but did Tawana care?She blabbed away for almost 2hrs.
Eventually that same night, when talk had seized in the other room,the camera now focused on Munya , n Lucille who talked almost truout the whole night, intertwining their fingers from time to time.We have a blossoming romance here people.
That's all i can say for now, u guys take care!

Tforever cool
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by cabali(m): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2008
I cant say who will win but I am completely positive the nigerian, UTI wont. He will be there for over half the period but he wont win!

Thats just the way it is
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by makin(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2008
@tampico
Nice writeup but you sure missed out on the last nights party.
Mimi must have once worked the poles at "Y not" or somewhere more sleazy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

Meet The Richest Bbnaija 2021 Housemates Currently / Kemen Sexually Harassed Tboss - Payporte Releases Statement / Should I Return This Tv... 1.1m Wasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.