Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! (9541 Views)

Best Revenge Possible After Discovering His Wife Is Cheating( LOVE Story) / Being Happy & Looking Good: Is The Best Revenge, Yes Or No? What Do You Think? / If Your Ex Is Married But Still Wants You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 7:06am On Aug 25, 2008
> V a n i s h ! <

*I will probably edit this after I've slept on it, and come to my senses*

- And that's exactly what I did. So in order to fill this space. I wanted to share the what I learnt.

Forgetting about an ex who brought so much pain and hurt to you during and after the breakup is the best revenge you can give them.
Not only is it extremely mature, sophisticated and classy. It brings the best type of results.

Yes easier said than done, but once managed you can't help but say that it was worth it all along.

Whilst you're with your new woman/man, progressing in life, she/he's still resting on the false hope that they can still pull some of your heart strings.

Ex who? I say!!
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by tammyswits(f): 7:11am On Aug 25, 2008
Let it go girl!
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2008
Hahaha! You made me smile!

Thank you!

*Like I said/wrote, I wil probably edit this after I go to sleep*
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 7:23am On Aug 25, 2008
Wow, I can't believe it, though I can't help the way I feel, I am reading my OP as if I am someone else, I'd advice myself to leave the guy and get my revenge by living a wonderful happy life and having a wonderful relationship with another guy. Forgetting about him is the best revenge.

I'm silly!
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by tammyswits(f): 7:32am On Aug 25, 2008
You sound like a real hot chic(i am very straight) so if he cant step up his game, let him go rot, its actually nice being single, you can flirt with anyone and wont have to feel guilty abt it.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by NegroNtns(m): 7:34am On Aug 25, 2008
Top, I can't possibly walk in your shoe to feel where it hurts. In moments like this, time heals. You are going through withdrawal and as with anything else, the transformation is a curve. The more time you spend brooding and reliving the memories, the less strong you are to leave it behind. Keep yourself busy, occupy your time with tangibles, log into NL and read old threads, make new friends. In order for something new and better to begin, the old and stagnant must be buried.
Good luck girl :-)
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2008
blog blog,
can i have a word with u?
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 7:46am On Aug 25, 2008
tammyswits:

You sound like a real hot chic(i am very straight) so if he can't step up his game, let him go rot, its actually nice being single, you can flirt with anyone and wont have to feel guilty about it.

Haha! I say quirky things like this also, glad I found someone with a like mind. It's good to be frank sometimes!! Thanks cheesy
Yes, I do agree, but to be honest, I spent the first 19 years of my life, never being in anything meaningful or serious, but part of me is grateful that I can enjoy the single life evene just that bit longer, because can you imagine if my first serious relationship lead to marriage, straight into fifth gear I'd say!

Negro_Ntns:

Top, I can't possibly walk in your shoe to feel where it hurts. In moments like this, time heals. You are going through withdrawal and as with anything else, the transformation is a curve. The more time you spend brooding and reliving the memories, the less strong you are to leave it behind. Keep yourself busy, occupy your time with tangibles, log into Nairaland and read old threads, make new friends. In order for something new and better to begin, the old and stagnant must be buried.
Good luck girl :-)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I did something silly and read our old saved messenger conversations a day ago, the weird thing is I expected to be sad, but instead I laughed at how funny our conversations were and how he had so many good chat up lines and how we flirted. I think that has caught up with me today, expecially as my friend told me that it is highly unlikely that he'll realise the damage he's caused or feel the need to apologise to me. Yes, I need to forget about him but I really don't feel ready to delete our messenger conversations. They are a good memory and also a good store of possible chat up lines for future use wink hehe!

P.s. I highlighted my favourite bits.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 7:46am On Aug 25, 2008
fntekim:

blog blog,
can i have a word with u?

Who is this 'blog blog'?
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 25, 2008
my dear,
i just felt like typin somethin.
its monday mornin, n traffic
here is frustratin.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by tammyswits(f): 8:05am On Aug 25, 2008
Wats with this traffic thingy, am also stuck in traffic am in jo'burg s.a, maybe its a worldwide crisis, thanks to ma 4on and nairaland am coping, to think i just got my D.L!
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 25, 2008
lol.
that makes d two of us then.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 8:26am On Aug 25, 2008
Dedicated fans of Nairaland smiley Posting throughout traffic.

I completely understand how you guys feel stuck in traffic, I'm currently in bed, and going nowhere anytime soon. tongue
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by tammyswits(f): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2008
@topup: that makes me feel alot better!!! Wish i could strangle you!
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2008
Hehehe!

*Secretly hopes never to meet you along a dark alley way*
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by TheSly: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2008
Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!!
But its hard. . . . . . . .Very hard. sad
I wish i could too. . . . . .But now i see no reason to forget someone like that.
It only makes me laugh errtime i remember what a sour loser she is. . . . . . .She lost this priceless being. cool
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2008
The Sly:

But its hard. . . . . . . .Very hard. sad
I wish i could too. . . . . .But now i see no reason to forget someone like that.
It only makes me laugh errtime i remember what a sour loser she is. . . . . . .She lost this priceless being. cool

Haha! I was just about to post a 'sorry about how you're feeling' type message, then I read the last line tongue,

*Insert long description about Topup's Ex here*
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by hollandis(f): 9:17am On Aug 25, 2008
Ignoring is not the exact word to use.I would rather you use the phrase “don’t suggest to him you want him back” .Sorry I still can't find the exact word to use .What if he calls you ,aint you ginne pick his call?Every thing you say and do after your break up can play an important role in the future with your ex
Scenario 1 -: Are you still in love with your ex? If yes, then the only way you can win him back is exactly what you are doing –(by not calling him).It will surely create a sense of confusion.Ohhhhhhh she doesn’t even miss me

Scenario 2;- You don’t love him any more.If that’s true then your topic is very right and I strongly recommend it.
However Whether you love him or not ,make sure he misses you.The person who breaks up is usually at a more emotional state than the second party.
Remember no calls ,not texts or emails.Any contact should be initiated by him. When he calls, talk very briefly and infact very cheerfully but dont give him a hint that you could actually work things out
Never reply texts or emails
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by ima1(f): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2008
@ Topup
if you would actually take your advice im sure your life would be great, girl you really need to let go n move on, relationships end for various reasons, the best thing you would do for youself is try to forget about the past. cuz alot of your post is about your break up, lol looks like your still the one dwelling in the past, im sure this dude might have moved on n its killing you (don;t take this the wong way)
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by TheSly: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2008
topup:

Haha! I was just about to post a 'sorry about how you're feeling' type message, then I read the last line tongue,

*Insert long description about Topup's Ex here*

To think you are going to forget him is just a fallacy. . . . .Not easy to achieve.
Things i do sometimes is to attribute the positive development that happens to me to her departure.
Thinking it wouldn't have happened if she had remained in my life. . . . . . .Things like that.

because i believe anybody who deems it fit to leave this kind of Ace is a worthless piece of **** ever created. cool
There is always someone better out there. . . . .No matter what happens cool
Life is too short. . . . . .and too sweet too, So why waste sum precious time thinking about sum irrelevant, irresponsible beings? huh? cool
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2008
The Sly:

To think you are going to forget him is just a fallacy. . . . .Not easy to achieve.
Things i do sometimes is to attribute the positive development that happens to me to her departure.
Thinking it wouldn't have happened if she had remained in my life. . . . . . .Things like that.

because i believe anybody who deems it fit to leave this kind of Ace is a worthless piece of **** ever created. cool
There is always someone better out there. . . . .No matter what happens cool
Life is too short. . . . . .and too sweet too, So why waste sum precious time thinking about sum irrelevant, irresponsible beings? huh? cool

Yes,

I'm guessing she hurt you, because though you feel that she's gonna miss you/regret leaving you, you can't forget her, she left an impact. That's how I'm feeling, that always happens when you give all you have to a relationship, when they leave, they really do take a piece of your heart with you.

You won't be thinking about her when you're with the right person for you, because by them being right, they will tick all the right boxes.

If that doesn't ease your mind, take pleasure in the fact that you're not alone smiley.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ poster, its easier said than done.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 3:45am On Aug 26, 2008
ima1:

@ Topup
if you would actually take your advice im sure your life would be great, girl you really need to let go n move on, relationships end for various reasons, the best thing you would do for youself is try to forget about the past. because alot of your post is about your break up, lol looks like your still the one dwelling in the past, im sure this dude might have moved on n its killing you (don;t take this the wong way)

I am trying to, but like I've said before, I get periods where I remember him, I get out of them, and I'm myself again. Yes it's easier said than done, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said at all smiley. It is killing me that I think he's moved on, where's my happy ending dammit!! Thanks nonetheless!
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by virgie(f): 7:36am On Aug 26, 2008
@Topup

I feel you girl.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2008
smiley
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2008
@ topup,

sorrry, it seems ur heart was broken. Just give ur self time to heal, u will definitely be ok, it wont be easy depending on how committed u were in the relationship.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by topup: 9:30am On Aug 26, 2008
Thanks! smiley

Let's talk about you guys for once, anyone else got anything to share about the best revenge to an ex. Maybe even better revenge is to move on with someone new, and include forgetting about them, as in, so you're actually like 'Ex who?', because if they're on your mind, you have no peace of mind, and who knows, they could be having a great time without you tongue so it's not worth it.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by babygirlfl: 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ top up
When everything first happened, i was always in tears on the phone to him which was a terible mistake. I even heard the other lady talk while i was
crying over the phone which means the phone was probably on speakers. That made me think of how foolish i must have looked. U know what i did,I
saved his number with "SUCH A PAIN" deleted his pictues from everything then started avoiding being alone.I also made friends with my laptop and
started thinking of what to do with my future and took on a project i felt i could not do becos i did not have the time and then made sure i was at that
project at that time we should be together. One month later i could not believe it as i was much happier than ever and felt like beating myself up for
everthing i did while i was hurting and guess what i started getting loads of attention fron men though i refuse to start another relationship as i was just
enjoying being single and most likely it was not the best time to start another relationship.

While I was busy enjoying my new found happiness and while the project was coming to an end, my ex realised I did not care anymore and started
finding out from friends what was going on with me and how i was doing and by hearing fine, Jealously sets in and immediately wanted contact to be
established between us again and possibly a comeback. He tried every means calls, im and text but no reply and then resulted in saying things like me being unforgiving and heartless and hard hearted- all this was to get me to get angry and finally get a reply by all means but all he gets is the silent
treatment.What he does not know is i have forgiven but i can't have myself being fooled again. So i will say the best revenge is living well cos it pays u
better whether or not he comes back to u.

1 Like

Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2008
i had same experience also! Morrow of the story is, u need to re-discover your'self again, and make sure whateva u do, don't rush into another relationship before u are convinced u have moved on, At the end of the day, its Life and u just need to take control and don't live your' life for somebody else, People come into our lives, some stay forever, and some go, Its always a good idea to Learn from Heartaches, definitely makes one a better person.
by the way, Best revenge in my Opinion is No revenge at all! Concentrate on ur' self!
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by idupaul: 9:06pm On Aug 26, 2008
It worked for me grin grin grin so it can for u 2.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by iice(f): 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2008
Depends i guess undecided If its clear someone has moved on, then best be moving on too.
Re: Forgetting about your Ex is the best revenge you can serve him/her!! by Moyola(f): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2008
embarassed sad

forgettin such person aint no revenge. . . undecided

juzz let him/her know u've so much gotten ova dem!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Is Not A Virgin As She Claimed!! She Lied To Me. / I'm Jealous About My Girlfriend's Guy Friendship. / 10 Ways To Fight Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.