Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,079 members, 7,957,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

Guys Beware Of This Scammer! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Beware Of This Scammer! (3465 Views)

GUYS Beware! Not ALL That Bounces Are Bobby (pix) / Guys Beware: Too Many Runs Girls Nowadays. / Good News To All Nija Guys - Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by uche1(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
The person just sent me this Today,

HELLO
To: mercy.agurma@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 9:40 pm
My dear , i am well pleased to contact you after going through
your profile at www.nairaland.com on my search for genuine relationship,please contact me on this idd
(mercy.agurma@gmail.com)so that i can send you my photo and tell you about myself,Mercy

HELLO
To: marcytatari@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 7:40 pm
your profile at www.nairaland.com on my search for genuine relationship,please contact me on this idd
(marcytatari@gmail.com)so that i can send
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by dani1luv: 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2008
Thats true the person sent it to me dis mornin;
10xs a million girl
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by olanajim(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2008
First, the "person" is not the first. I have got such mail from different emails.

Second, the person must be using a software to extract emails of members.

Third, you guys are giving him unduly publicity.

Finally, I strongly believe that he/she know quite well that some mugu would fall for the trick.

I think, those of us with stony hearts should trick him/her until he/she walk into disgrace. It is not difficult.

Those who are not up to the task should simply block the address.
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by ekwero(m): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
thanks jare,u do well
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by bokodike(f): 11:05pm On Aug 28, 2008
I got the same

(mercytatari2008@gmail.com)so that i can send you my photo and tell you about myself,Mercy
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by CyberG: 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2008
Funny, how this "scammer" uses the same name for hitting on both guys and ladies, may be he/she is Bi or something?? grin grin

@Bokodike

How now?? grin grin grin
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by Moyola(f): 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2008
ewoooooo!!!!!
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by bokodike(f): 12:41am On Aug 29, 2008
I'm fine n u? I jus got another one not long ago, they can keep trying. @ cyberG
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by ztyle(m): 12:55am On Aug 29, 2008
I gat this same mail too Why this MERCY girl keep scaminq us all? MERCY PLS HAVE MERCY ON US ABEG.
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by CyberG: 4:28am On Aug 29, 2008
Moyola:

ewoooooo!!!!!

Hahahaha,  grin grin

bokodike:

I'm fine n u? I jus got another one not long ago, they can keep trying. @ cyberG

I dey fine ooo,   smiley  I couldn't but make a comment after checking out your profile! Good thing Canada and US are such close neighbors!  wink grin

Ahem, back to the scammer issue before we change topic oooooo (LOL) grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by timbabng(m): 6:44am On Aug 29, 2008
. . . .funny, i got this too
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by adechuks(m): 8:09am On Aug 29, 2008
I am beginning to think this is a virus in oga Seun's backyard.
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by iceland(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2008
CyberG:

I dey fine ooo,   smiley  I couldn't but make a comment after checking out your profile! Good thing Canada and US are such close neighbors!  wink grin

Ahem, back to the scammer issue before we change topic oooooo (LOL) grin grin grin grin
Well u dont sound like a scammer! You sound like TOASTER! grin
Why dont you hit the nail in the head.I dey your back.At least you no hide say you be mercy WITH (mercytatari2008@gmail.com)
GOOD LUCK! cheesy
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by olukunle: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2008
I got the same mail from the same person. yesterday. He is plain stupid.
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by lordkodes(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2008
got the same message from the so called mercy, how on earth do this guy/girl scam his prey?
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by iceland(m): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2008
I thot the moderators dont allow double topic.Saw something like this again in the romance section.iice what's up?
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by samadex3: 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2008
i got thesame mail in my box, couple of days ago. I just entered the mercy or whatever the stupid name is unto google, and it brought out this page. thats just how i got to know the person is a scammer. thanks for the immediate respose guys. i am adding my own to let you know how to track scammers. Gudluck Nija guys.
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by abikelat(f): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2008
thank you
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by eadenomon: 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2008
u know wat she sent me an email to
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by iz2much: 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2008
yea i got that, even two of it,i think itz meant for us out side the country.
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by badblood13(m): 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2008
@ post
Good you posted it sha for those who need to know, but as for me i am having a good time with mails like that, replying and generally enjoining myself, (am a certified scam buster if you dont know what dat meant check www.scambuster419.co.uk where 419 scam artists meet their match ), i play along as per cunning man die na cunning man go bury am,
Hi Dear,
Hopefully this mail will find you in a perfect state of mind and good healthy condition. I personally find your mail at Nairaland and i decided to drop you few lines just to say hi,I am looking for a long term relationship with someone who is kind who unerderstands the need to love and be loved. I want to have communication with you.
hope to hear from you soon
Regards.
Mina

REPLY hi,
i got your mail, remarkable, i love making friends.with people i can have polite conversation with. i reside in abuja,i wont mind getting to know you, but it might help if i know your location,age and a bit more about you, reply

T[b]hank you immensely for mailing me.my name is Nekabari,am 27,from Rivers state,fresh from law school-lagos campus,abt to proceed on the NYSC-posted to bauchi,but will redeploy to lagos.
pls my phone no is 08052540417 i will love to hear ur sexy voice[/b]
Reply-
wonderful,please i am very excited and will quickly go and buy credit now so i can call you, please expect my call in a year or two 's time, if you are not in jail at that time,

second one
(mercytatari2008@gmail.com)so that i can send you my photo and tell you about myself,Mercy

Reply-
hi How may i help you,unfortunately my heart and phone is filled up with ladies of all size and shapes, am even looking for how to send some to the recycle bin if i want more i know where to find them in hundreds, by the way, have you forgotten you are already on my case?why send another mail with another id, natural born fruadster such as the great FRANK ABGANALE are known to have high IQs (am one but i use mine for legitimate biz and earn money far beyond the recharge card you hope to get or , what else can you get from your fellow imbeciles you intend to defraud?) any how sha , i wont conclude it is actually fraud, e fit be mumu unethical marketing, any which one, you are on your own !! -badblood13
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by vivaladiva(f): 10:31pm On Aug 30, 2008
where there is bush meat there is hunter
some people wan chop money abi mugu don finish
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by femzy(m): 1:07am On Aug 31, 2008
though this thread is in a wrong section and if you have all observed almost all of you that is complainin have your mail addresses in your profile.
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by chessguru(m): 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2008
femzy:

though this thread is in a wrong section and if you have all observed almost all of you that is complainin have your mail addresses in your profile.
wrong section? not realy, the mail if it is a scam is a "romance" scam
and i dont think there is anything wrong in having ones email in ones profile-its an option i will never regret, for example if someone needs my help, i wont want to be unreacheable!!
Re: Guys Beware Of This Scammer! by chessguru(m): 7:29am On Sep 04, 2008
so, BEWARE!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov Oshiomhole In Hot Romance With Nollywood Stars / How To Fix And Save Your Relationship From Break Up / GIRLS! 7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Will Become Rich — If Not, LEAVE HIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.