Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! (13433 Views)

Boluwatife Tijani, 12-year-old girl wins spelling bee competition in Lagos / This "Illiterate" Got Only The Spelling Of His Name Right / Spelling Errors On Nairaland Are Driving Me Nuts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by PapaDingo: 2:42am On Sep 03, 2008
Don't worry guys. CGO just made a general statement about Nigerians.

Listen C-GO whatever your name is, a judgemental attitude is awful. You know why, well let me give you another example of judgemental statements similar to the one you made

You sounded so bitter when you said Nigerians always spell words wrong

You must be from a bitter family

Or U are bitter maybe Bcause you need some Pussy

And your mama won't give u any

Dude get a fucking life and get your head right
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by A40(m): 4:20am On Sep 03, 2008
These peeps should speak for themselves i'd love to know if the poster of this thread is American or British or whatever?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 4:20am On Sep 03, 2008
^ The thread starter is a dumb Brit. grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 03, 2008
A-40:

i'D love to know if the poster of this thread is American or British or whatever?
CGO:

i am british baby!
blackspade:

^ The thread starter is a dumb Brit. grin

Guy is a correct naija, read his posts.

CGO:
It's appaling that a large population of our so called educated Nigerians. . .
CGO:

I can see i am getting the desired attention! The thread is really funny though, but i guess we have learnt a thing or two from it! Ciao!
Note how he changed tone--pretending like it was done intentionally grin

CGO:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ive completely fooled myself o!
That's a naija brova talking grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by dreeldee: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2008
the guy is a hapaulina liar cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 7:02am On Sep 03, 2008
candy:

Guy is a correct naija, read his posts.
Note how he changed tone--pretending like it was done intentionally grin
That's a naija brova talking grin

Thanks for pointing that out cheesy
HAHAHAHA!!!! He got embarrassed, then tried to denounce his own nationality! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by zelaws: 7:59am On Sep 03, 2008
CGO when u fail to learn from ur mistake then u are heading for destruction
now u have turn urself to a liar to cover up ur error
claiming the saint u are not
if u are not a nigerian i'm sure with ur posts ur are not a friend of nijja
then u must not be on this site becos u not needed here

seun we dont need him here
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by seun001(m): 8:58am On Sep 03, 2008
mayb Nigeria should disown the guy sef!
with all our problems in naija,we are still proud eggheads that will never deny our country.
British ko,Afganistan ni,, blockhead grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by honeric01(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2008
That guy fit get British Nationality for him passport lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2008
honeric01:

That guy fit get British Nationality for him passport lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by honeric01(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2008
candy:

confused? he's trying to claim another man's country, so i just helped him do the job
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 03, 2008
honeric01:

confused? he's trying to claim another man's country, so i just helped him do the job
Ok. . . grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by honeric01(m): 12:07pm On Sep 03, 2008
na sooo grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by oluwdashmi(f): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ brein

@Ife-eco Ime sure the thread poster must have took to his hills, seeing that he's been bombarded with False witnesses

i think he should Clear the logs in his own eye before do that to othes.

CIAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >>>,

Tell mr lecturer to correct the hills in your sentence grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by honeric01(m): 1:27pm On Sep 03, 2008
oluwdashmi:

@ brein

Tell mr lecturer to correct the hills in your sentence grin

lol hill, hills, hillili, or maybe hillary grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bettes(f): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2008
having considered the on going topic my oxford training impels me to reach the following conclusion:CGO shuld gu barck tu skuul end resturdy engrish,tanks arve an haapauly sory i  maen a appaly dey. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by eudio(f): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2008
poster,

u don win award, see the number of people wey respond to ur thread.

we suppose wash am sef.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackweaver(m): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2008
ah come on give the guy a break, it was a slip of keyboard
am sure he did it on perpose (sorry purpose) to get our attention
after all the spell checker would have let him know that he was making a typo
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 04, 2008
Where is CGO na? 
Thought the dude  said he was going to weather the bashing! grin

CGO, where art thou?
Ok, if you've changed your username, use the new one to defend CGO na! tongue
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by stanloski(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2008
Its not just spellings ma people some use completely different words.

What about a school signboard that said:"We give your children the best education under a SIRENE environment" Lets not even talk about our newspapers (newspapers mind you!) You will read about the BURGEONING footballer who was transferred for a WHOOPING sum of money and walked into a restaurant wearing a BOGUS suit and asked for the MENU LIST angry . This same guy is expected to WRECK havoc on opposing defenders That he will make money is a MUTE point shocked. ssiiiggghhh! I need a BRAKE from these eye poppers lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by neduogu(m): 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
grin i think the poster should have packaged his thread very well. i mean if he had come from the premise that he wants to correct common mistakes used by people, it would have been nice rather than throw it so hard on nigerians, cool. abeg make i ask una if we use our hand destroy our country where we go run go?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by favcom(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2008
The 'apaoulin' CGO has disowned his origin!!!
Na wa o undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by janami(f): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2008
lol. mr poster. lol. Eeyah.lol
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackweaver(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2008
stanloski:

Its not just spellings ma people some use completely different words.

What about a school signboard that said:"We give your children the best education under a SIRENE environment" Lets not even talk about our newspapers (newspapers mind you!) You will read about the BURGEONING footballer who was transferred for a WHOOPING sum of money and walked into a restaurant wearing a BOGUS suit and asked for the MENU LIST angry . This same guy is expected to WRECK havoc on opposing defenders That he will make money is a MUTE point shocked. ssiiiggghhh! I need a BRAKE from these eye poppers lipsrsealed

emm mr stanloski while i get the point of most of the comments you made i believe you have me at "MENU LIST"
what should it be? MENU? or perhaps some word that i have never heard of but i understand what you say
about newspapers, in fact i believe they are responsible for a lot of the grammatical errors that we observe
nowadays
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by dreeldee: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2008
blackweaver:

emm mr stanloski while i get the point of most of the comments you made i believe you have me at "MENU LIST"
what should it be? MENU? or perhaps some word that i have never heard of but i understand what you say
about newspapers, in fact i believe they are responsible for a lot of the grammatical errors that we observe
nowadays

A MENU is already a list of dishes available so it makes no sense saying "give me a list of dishes available list tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by agaba123(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2008
blackspade:

When starting a sentence, that starting letter should always be in capital. Also, when stating your nationality, that needs to be capitalized too. It's too bad your teachers failed at teaching you proper grammar, people might[b] have took [/b] you serious if they hadn't. You should be wary next time you try to criticize people for their grammar, especially when your own grammar need tending to.  grin 
grin grin oyibo di egwu
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by chidipupay(m): 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2008
English is not my mother's tongue. so, who is he to judge me if i am right with my spelling or wrong. I have spent most of my years studying anothers man language while i am not doing good with mine?, to make the matter worse our local language is not included in the schools educational programme. As for me i represent naija,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by chrischima(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2008
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#000099][/color] Well i think all these things is getting out of leg. is very APPOLLYNE Oh i made mistake is very APPORYNE grin grin grin but anyway U' LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by nuggard(m): 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2008
worrying about the other Joe's grammar, especially on this thread, is quite petty.

This endless cycle of aportioning blame and complaining without doing anything proactive is just what it is- complaining. If we had members of the youth service and some of our distinguished nairalanders taking time to correct the school's signboard, surely it would be of more benefit. Maybe I'm being an idealist. undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by FBS: 10:29am On Sep 05, 2008
spelling errors? ehn, na my papa language? Even the british makes such mistakes, "spelling mistake" no get nationality.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bgees(m): 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2008
CGO is an ode
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bettes(f): 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2008
bgees:

CGO is an ode[color=#990000][/color]

hahahaha na real ode grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uniabuja Needs Help!!! / Lagos Schools To Resume 4th January, 2022 For 2nd Term Of 2021/2022 Session / Victory Obasi: "Fubi And Her Seed Planting Story"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.