Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! (13449 Views)

Boluwatife Tijani, 12-year-old girl wins spelling bee competition in Lagos / This "Illiterate" Got Only The Spelling Of His Name Right / Spelling Errors On Nairaland Are Driving Me Nuts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by skyy04(m): 6:31pm On Sep 05, 2008
He is a disgrace to his own country by associating Nigerians and spell errors
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by skfa1: 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2008
Buheheheheheheh grin you guyz are still rappaulling over here

ok o dey rapaul dey go o
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by edoyad(m): 12:04am On Sep 06, 2008
Give CGO a break he was only trying to point something out you unrepentant brats
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 3:47am On Sep 06, 2008
ok the first thing i noticed is " Appauling", grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by rasputinn(m): 4:39am On Sep 06, 2008
Hmmmmmmmm,I see CGO is actually less intelligent than I thought(what was that crap about not being Nigerian )
Would have been better if his flaws here had to do with spellings alone,but to add character flaw
Man that's double jeopardy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by rasputinn(m): 4:39am On Sep 06, 2008
[quote CGO]

[[i am british baby!]/quote]

No wonder,so you're a bush baby
Kai,walai talai zis wan fass hour pauling abi na affauling shay gai CGO
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bettes(f): 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2008
edoyad:

Give CGO a break he was only trying to point something out you unrepentant brats
[list]
[/list][color=#006600][/color]

Now GCO's students are beginning to show themselves.HAUPALLING FULL !!! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by gjazzy: 8:21pm On Sep 07, 2008
I think its just the foundation that matters and to some extent the environment in which we find ourselves
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by saks(m): 9:31am On Sep 08, 2008
Come 2 think of it, can we even speak, read or even write our own native languages whether correct or not. smiley
It doesnt matter 2 me as long as the message is passed across and U will be convinced when you take a survey on other african countries and Asian countries as well.
Kai, no be our language and its happaullin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Cipriani(m): 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
Haba, why all this ratatata about Oyinbo language, afterall he no be our mother tongue. abeg, speak oyinbo any how una want am. as dem don talk before, some english, britons and americans no fit speak proper oyinbo, so if Oyinbo no fit speak oyinbo, then who be us naija wey go wan speak oyinbo.

Yoruba ti dun mon emi ju gbogbo Oyinbo gatagata, emi o ri aye gbogbo jagbajagba, from Ajasa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by macomrades(m): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2008
HC i see your point. lmao. to all those saying people the world over make mistakes while writing, i agree but from what i know most nigerians make those mistakes because they don't know the correct spellings of many words and they blame it almost all the time on typos. my point is that they will repeat the same errors when they re-write those words which they couldn't spell correctly. sad
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Gamine(f): 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2008
When i tell people i didnt attend Convenant University

They think Someone is just telling lies! undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by hilli666(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2008
sharrraaap yere, Naiyirians are re rumber wun. I wen to the calabar institue on englis vanaculatic. pleas don play wit my emotiions. Im to above tis tin angry angry
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by walaty(m): 4:31am On Sep 12, 2008
grin hehe. wetin i fit talk. english is not our language jawe. d americans and even britons make more spelling errors than nigerians. abeg we dey try. dat internate na igbo english abeg grin you ppl wont kill someone here
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by calibus(m): 1:23pm On Sep 12, 2008
English no be our papa language shey be you, understanding is the mean thing,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Kongi(m): 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2008
Appauling
Apalling
Appaling
Harpolling
Hapoline
Hippoline
Abeg, anyone you wan write, na understooding matter!
Maybe you should stick to pidgin!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2008
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by spikedcylinder: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2008
Doyinosin:

Spelling mistakes, you're still yapping on about spelling mistakes. How about the fact that some people think being a Nigerian is an excuse for abyssmal

grammar and terrible spoken english.A schoolmate of mine actually said that. That's besides the numerous people that say things like "that one na

grammar jo", "English no be our language" or "you too dey speak english sef". NEWS FLASH people!!! Grammar basically describes the structure of your

sentences with use of tenses and what not, doesn't describe how big or obscure your words are. There are those small-minded hypocrites that say we

shouldn't value the English Language because caucasians imposed it, these folks however feel comfortable accepting the " Oyinbos' " nice clothes and

technology.You want to be cultural, walk around naked and go back to the stone age then. BOY!!! i've been

holding that in for a long time.

You dey vex o.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2008
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by NeyoBrasky: 12:44pm On Sep 15, 2008
I wonder what next you guys are going to do, maybe start an online tutorial course in english language.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by walttt(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2008
yuu gais arr Baaaaarrrrrrdd! de duide probabli deed doz "appalling" eros two coll yo attenshion two de tawpick, n boi, eye most conferce, haz hii ashievd wot hii sete awt two dew! (4 peeps with 6th sense).

you guys are bad! the dude probably did those 'appalling errors to call your attention to the topic, and boy, i must confess, has he achieved what he set out to do!(4 peeps with only 5 senses!)

So, overall, his thread garners more hits, more popularity n stays at the home page. But i must say, he really touched a very sensitive side there, and much as we all would like to play like we dont give a shit bout what he said, we know we all do! So i say, kudos to the dude who started the thread!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Kongi(m): 6:57pm On Sep 15, 2008
CGO, where are you now?
On behalf of all Nigerians, I beg you to please come back and entertain us some more!
I can assure you that you bring smiles to most of our faces with your antics.
If you come back, I promise to attend your 10th birthday party and I'll bring some of my Nigerian friends too.
Am I mistaken in assuming you are less than 10 years old?
You sound like a 9 year old so forgive me if I got it wrong.
Cheers mate
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by QBSauceKid: 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
CGO baba notin do u jo
no mind these people
them no kno say na me nd u get jamb english on lockdown each year
its only the invigilators that r apauloning abi happalling abi happening

Its Naija
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by chidipupay(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2008
Now come to think of it, The oyinbo mans language is confussing, there are some words you don't the real intention and we are taught that it is conotation and denotation. but our own language is straight and clear but oyinbo language na wahala, because of their bad intention them come they confuss themselves with their own language. If oyinbo no fit understand him own language finish, who be me to come help am out
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nimshi: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2008
Quote from: CGO on August 29, 2008, 02:41 AM
It's appauling that a large population of our so called educated Nigerians \

Chief CGO,

if to say you be doctor, person for talk say make you commot di typhoid wey dey your face befor you go try treat me malaria. Anyway sha, we live to learn, as our ancestors them them dey talk. See am:

na be "so-called"? Na you write "so called" o.

You see so? Nobody dey perfect.

Enjoy.

If them don mention this one befor, that one mean say na steal I steal am. If e no correct, make una straight the K-leg for my grammar.

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by olugbon01(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
these his realy bard. CHAI!| i love this people cheesy grin angry
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2008
lol cool
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Exstar(f): 10:31am On Sep 26, 2008
@ topic
No one is perfect, even professors in English Lang. make mistakes sometimes.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Fuup(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2008
grin grin grin grin dis is one funny thread!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by kayceev: 2:01pm On Sep 27, 2008
omo na wa o ,i dont nose thi raeson whi you pupil just deciding to insult this our country. or dont she know that we are a good country.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by deleson: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2008
Well,it is very apparent if not obvious that the communication of most Nigerians,even the so called educated is bad.This is attributed to poor background in formal education and societal oppression which most Nigerian(s) never consider as a minute barrier,

The next question,that flips through my mind is-What are the proffer solutions to such problems
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by icecold2(f): 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2008
just saw dis now on a thread
lmao

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unilorin Convocating 6851 Students Today And Tomorrow / Protesting LASU Staff Chase Out Vc, Principal Officers / 2017/2018 Post UTME. How To Calculate Your Post Utme Scores.