Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! (13452 Views)

Boluwatife Tijani, 12-year-old girl wins spelling bee competition in Lagos / This "Illiterate" Got Only The Spelling Of His Name Right / Spelling Errors On Nairaland Are Driving Me Nuts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by janami(f): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2008
hmm, oga o. i notice nigerians can spell beta than some other english speaking countries. Besides, some pple dont know how to read abbreviations and quickly assume the spelling is wrong
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by tommyex(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
aPAULing
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by TmeD0(m): 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2008
Quote from reindeer:

i heard of someone who wrote an application letter and started with

dear sir/madman, Grin

i wonder if he ever got the job!

then i saw this signboard at costain bus stop many years ago

treat your Malarear here! also we treat gonorear, and staffylokus,

Grin Grin Grin
=========================================================================
ROFLMAO!  I wonder too o!   grin

=========================================================================
Originally posted by CGO
I never said anybody was above mistakes dummy, everybody learns everyday! (Evidently, you haven't learned from yours after 2 trials! Na wa o!
I wonder who's the dummy now.   cheesy

=============================================================================================================================
@poster, u see as u just set yaself up for failure so?  In case u no know (maybe u just wan form for here say u sabi engrish), no be only naija no sabi spell or
make typographical error at times--oyinbo own na hin boku pass.  So, no always attribute anything bad to naija just for you to good look in front of ya oyinbo peers wey
u wan impress sef.  I can just see ya type just land from naija and straight out of the plane don dey blow fon e already. 
Chei! CGO = Complete Goon of the highest Order!  grin  Where u dey sef (hisses), yeye dey smell!  Peace!

=============================================================================================================================
@agaba, ol' boy how now? wetin dey shappen?  omo, na truth (no be true) u talk o because e no mata how u right am as long as say pesin ondastand wetin you dey
yarn.  man mi, i come tire for oga CGO's apollen o  grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by mufasa(m): 2:31am On Sep 02, 2008
una no go pai pesin 4 this thread. i don nearly piss 4 body. i no fit sleep.
well as some1 rightly said na 9ja english.
where u go see eze goes 2 sch now,na omansaka winning eleven pickin dey play now.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by FactorChic(f): 7:13am On Sep 02, 2008
"treat your Malarear here! also we treat gonorear, and staffylokus"

*drops dead*

THAT WAS TOO FUNNY! I almost cried! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by rasputinn(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2008
ayobase:

That reminds of a guy that started a thread with
", girls without intelligent"[/color]

Now that's KOOL cool grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by spikedcylinder: 9:06am On Sep 02, 2008
Where is CGO na? They are killing you here (abi na hear?) o! grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by kalmebad(f): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2008
CGO

"He who brought home, ants infested wood, should be ready to live with them" Hope u are learing ur lesson? Next time i guess u rather think well b4 coming here to cajole pple.

No one is above mistake, have u ever wondered why sometimes u wld be asking for the spelling of "is" not dat we don't kwn it but sometimes such minor things could elude the brain. Mistakes alwaz abound,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by romsky: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2008
English is not our moda tongue/ mothers' tongue/ mother's tongue. understanding is wat matas. read some fiction novels of the so called English speakers and u defend it as typographical errors yet see dat of 9ja as a worsened case. wetin oyinbo no dey chop o dey get oyinbo name, abi?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by honeric01(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2008
Well, whether you like it or not, you must keep seeing errors in english languages till eternity because everyday the same word just with some single added latter turn out to have a very different meaning, so the more you try correcting yourself, the more you get confused. for example, go and ask Prof Wole Soyinka why he often use Nigerian generated words in some of his novels, probably he will tell you that he got confused on which word to use and the spellings too.
  All i know is that its not our language, if the Britons who owns english language can make spelling errors, who are you to complain? ABEG GO FIND WORK DO angry
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by favcom(m): 11:39am On Sep 02, 2008
apolin, hapaulin, 'our paul in', appalin, hapaulin, etc etc
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by chamotex(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

WOT R U TALKING grin

The guy is never coming back to NAIRALAND again cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by syke80(f): 1:12pm On Sep 02, 2008
It's appaling that a large population of our so called educated Nigerians still make simple spelling errors in writing and speech.
Examples:
1. This particular one irritates the hell out of me! -  DEFINITELY AS OPPOSED TO DEFINITELY
2. INTERNATE AS OPPOSED TO INTERNET
3.I have also seen GOOD MOURNING AS OPPOSED TO GOOD MORNING.
and others too many to mention. Please kindly come up with other errors so people can be informed, It is disgraceful because most of these word are basics that shouldn't be Miss-spelt

There is something called contributions, if u had nothing reasonable to say, you should`t have bothered posting a topic or your topic should have sounded more like the spelling error most of us make(its called playing safe) instead of being judgemental, u can see that you are now the specimen for today`s lashing cry. i hope you have learnt from your mistakes. waiting i dey even dey talk sef, y you no even do spell check first before u post, thats what its 4, so take note from today, so Dem no go fry u next time.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Richguys: 1:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
pls leave the poor guy alone

don't you know the topic itself is very appauling?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by U1(m): 1:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
QUOTE FROM CGO

I can see i am getting the desired attention! The thread is really funny though, but i guess we have learnt a thing or two from it! Ciao!
Sharrap dia, this is no attention boy. O ta'bon, o wa sope ere lo'nse, what nonsense? Just accept correction, you hear. undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by feg: 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
una no o kill me wit laughter o, but on serious note, we do make a lot of "typographical errors".and text messaging has made it even worse!although i can understand that one wouldnt want to spend a lot of time texting but its beginning to affect the way people write letters,essays,proposals etc.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Babakwara(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
me
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by dreday(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2008
spikedcylinder:

You can bate the guy as shanged his usernema,but dint wori,guys like im alweyz cum bak
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by dreday(m): 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2008
Plees,MR Admeen,move this tread to the jokes sekshun
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by ruf: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2008
gawd!!!!!!!!

by the end of the day, i'm sure to have countless stitches on my tummy 'cos it sure got busted following this thread. yeah! several times. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by knotty(m): 5:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
kan sumbordy bring this tred to a hend? plsssssssssss
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by youngies(m): 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2008
I hereby bling this appauring thlead to an end!

GBAM!!!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by honeric01(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2008
youngies:

I hereby bling this appauring thlead to an end!

GBAM!!!
NA YOU TALK AM OR THE WORD FLY COMMOT FOR YOUR MOUTH?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by zelaws: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
this poster is really getting the fame he wanted but it is unfortunate that he is getting it in the negative way
CGO abeg post another poster to anullify yuor embarassment sintuation
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2008
I'm still laughing at the fact CGO started this thread! grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by CGO: 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2008
i can see all u retards are having fun, im not changing my name neither am i leaving nairaland because of a bunch of assholes i encounter here, bastards! and by the way im not Nigerian!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 7:55pm On Sep 02, 2008
CGO:

I can see all yo[/b]u retards are having fun, [b]I'[/b]m not changing my name [b]either, am I leaving Nairaland because of a bunch of assholes I encounter here[b]?[/b] [b]B[/b]astards! [b]A[/b]nd by the way [b]I'[/b]m not Nigerian!
I corrected your atrocious spelling errors! grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bracelet: 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hey why I come late nah.

This guy no go come nairaland again.

Tins are getin sirios hair oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bracelet: 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2008
So u ar no a nigerian and you feel Nigerians have become a foot mat for all you fools.

This is really haul-paulin cheesy Ole
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 11:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
I wonder what nationality that ignorant fool "CGO" is?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by CGO: 12:31am On Sep 03, 2008
i am british baby!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 12:57am On Sep 03, 2008
CGO:

I am [b]B[/b]ritish baby!
When starting a sentence, that starting letter should always be in capital. Also, when stating your nationality, that needs to be capitalized too. It's too bad your teachers failed at teaching you proper grammar, people might have took you serious if they hadn't. You should be wary next time you try to criticize people for their grammar, especially when your own grammar need tending to. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike / Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State On Top! / Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.