Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! (13453 Views)

Boluwatife Tijani, 12-year-old girl wins spelling bee competition in Lagos / This "Illiterate" Got Only The Spelling Of His Name Right / Spelling Errors On Nairaland Are Driving Me Nuts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by carmelily: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
Did i say i went on to bag a B.A in English and an M.A in Linguistics? kisssmug
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by ebygg: 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2008
When breeze blow, fowl nyash go open.
poster, What is "appaulling" and "appaling"
is it a typographical error or a spelling error?
No body is Perfect
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by sinmbo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
Forget all these issues of nobody is above mistakes, its all an avenue of finding excuses.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Elgaxton(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
Originally posted by CGO
I never said anybody was above mistakes dummy, everybody learns everyday!

You should have thot about the above quote before posting ur judgemental thread, na wah for Naija o
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by favcom(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2008
he grin he grin he grin
This has been an APPALLING thread indeed!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by agaba123(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2008
This trade is hactualy happauling grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by mufasa(m): 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
I am shocked and apauled. How can there be such an hapauling thread? Or is it yapauling?
I confuse o, hmmm. Abeg yarn pidgin if queens english dey worry you like malaria!

But wait o how nigerians no go "ta ibon". I'm serving in one of the Northern states and a patient 18years old in SS2 comes to see me and has to bring someone to speak for him cos he cant freaking communicate. You know what i tell em? Tell your mother that she is wasting her money!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Rhea(f): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2008
It doesn't matter if you can spell 'phantasmagorical' or 'bullshit'.
As long as you can afford to marry 86 wives and saddle them without dropping dead grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by agaba123(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2008
mufasa:

I am shocked and apauled. How can there be such an hapauling thread? Or is it yapauling?
I confuse o, hmmm. Abeg yarn pidgin if queens english dey worry you like malaria!

But wait o how nigerians no go "ta ibon". I'm serving in one of the Northern states and a patient 18years old in SS2 comes to see me and has to bring someone to speak for him because he can't freaking communicate. You know what i tell em? Tell your mother that she is wasting her money!

well my bros you are lucky. I know of a 300 level BUK student who lost his girlfriend because they cannot cummunicate in English.

You see NCE holders who cannot make a correct sentence.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by GeeCee(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2008
Wen i first saw the title of the thread, i had tot it wuld be someone who majored in English who started it and will be above mistakes. Thus i openen d thread to kind of tell him dat we all don't have to be an English major. But wen i saw his own "grammar", i was furious dat one can condemn others for wat he himself is not free from. IT'S A SHAME ON THE POSTER.
@ Poster, if i were u, i won't even bother to post on the land again. U are allowed to come in and see pple post but u shuld henceforth desist from posting.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by CGO: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ geecee bloody retard, u can say what u like with ur peanut brain, bloody retard, i will continue to keep posting and writing on nairaland, just because u have never posted anything that anybody replied to doesn't mean u should come out here and fun your dirty mouth saying i shouldnt post anything! asswipe!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Moyola(f): 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
u peepz shuld leave d poster jare, it must have been a typo. Besides no one iz above miztake!!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by CGO: 3:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
run ur bloody mouth rather! asshole
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Moyola(f): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ CGO

errm. . . hpe u aint refering 2 me?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by RibaduFan(m): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2008
@Geecee
Ur opinion is seconded. The poster should actually go bury his face in shame. "Appauling" indeed.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by coopedro(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
Is there nothing else to gain from this topic apart from appauling and appalling issue??
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by lwise(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
tell oyinbo man to spell ajanlekoko. grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by agaba123(m): 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
@appauling a.k.a CGO

Hmmm do you have maut to speek here? Eeeh after maken the mistake you med? ret me catch you. grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by lwise(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2008
eeeeeeem, is it taipographical or typographical eror.
someone should corect me.
Abi i no finish school.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Moyola(f): 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2008
ahan!! cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by agaba123(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2008
lwise:

eeeeeeem, is it taipographical or typographical eror.
someone should corect me.
Abi i no finish school.
whish sckol did you go to? are you chaines?
In fact your grammer is appauling?

I have to refer you to appauling aka CGO for proper correksion undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by spikedcylinder: 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
This thread na die!!!!

Now I am even confused about the word our paul in sef. Whats the correct one o?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by hbrednic: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
you people should len from today,how to write propa englis
and stop abuzing de poster tongue
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by HRhotness(f): 4:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
shei una knw say american spelling and british spelling dey?

Pls give nigerians a break jor!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by honeric01(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2008
Sorry ass guy, you don't even know what to talk about again, it's about trying to label Nigerians as to people that can't spell right? you should start from your self, try to think about big grammar which has like 12 to 15 letters and then spell them out yourself, then if you pass that test without cheating or passing the backyard, then you can come back and lambaste the rest Educated Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by rasputinn(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2008
Now this thread is a joke thread,right?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by rasputinn(m): 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2008
C'mon guys,let the OP be
Just kuz he moved from appauling to appaling y'all cried blue murder
If he had gone on to appaalling or appalla or appollo,what would y'all have done
Abeg OP no mind 'em jare,fire on  grin grin grin grin
I'm really laughing hard,swivelling in my chair,hope my secretary is not wondering whatta gwan ina de boss's office
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by ayobase(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
se na swivel u dey swivel
Im right now opposite my
old man chuckling,been
wanting to burst out,but
the office atmosphere wouldnt
allow me at all.

Men,dis is HyLarious.

CGO AKA Appauling Aka OP.
Carry on and Jeun soke.

That reminds of a guy that started a thread with

", girls without intelligent"
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by hbrednic: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2008
this is very bad,this days even univacity students cant read and right,
in the olden days,the schools wear teaching englis with a testbook called
EZE GOES TO SCHOOL,back then even secodiry students can right original queens englis.
things don spoil for naija kpata kpata embarassed tongue cool
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by carmelily: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2008
lwise:

tell oyinbo man to spell ajanlekoko. grin

oyinbo man may never need to use the word ajanlekoko, but as you can see, we need yam paul in, i mean lampooning, hampauling. i give up. angry
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by dreeldee: 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2008
somebody plese tell me this tred is a joke but wait first, i wan to unirate tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by vislabraye(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2008
Beware of making categorical statements, That is another kind of error. Are spelling errors exclusive to Nigerians? Even some of these oyibos make similar mistakes. I get the point yop were trying to pass accross; English language could be very tricky especially. Some words that have double letters could be mistaken as single ones. These sometimes are words that aren't so common.
People who should know best like some journalists, editors and writers do make huge errors. I have seen some grammatical mistakes and spelling errros from some our dailies; the worst is usually the 30naira sport papers that are sold

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

At Last, FG, ASUU Sign Agreement To End Strike / Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State On Top! / LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video)