Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! (13457 Views)

Boluwatife Tijani, 12-year-old girl wins spelling bee competition in Lagos / This "Illiterate" Got Only The Spelling Of His Name Right / Spelling Errors On Nairaland Are Driving Me Nuts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by OluwaKANYE: 8:17pm On Aug 29, 2008
even if they make errors in spelling it's not your consign cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by OluwaKANYE: 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2008
Nigeria [b]indepence [/b]is on the 1st of OCT undecided grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by amigoes(m): 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
This is kool, its been a long time laffed hard like dis!

SEUN, move this over to the jokes thread.

LMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Chizolum(f): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ poster, (no hard feelings)
It is disgraceful because most of these word are basics that shouldnt be mis-spelt
sorry but shouldn't that be words? because u said these(plural) so u c, everyone isn't perfect,   undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by amigoes(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2008
it goes on and on ,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by OluwaKANYE: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
continue correcting yourselfs cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by dgratrock: 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2008
as e be say na education na im make u dey wan show ya talent, she bi? any way know say this na nairaland, provision dey for the educationally-less-privileged like us to yarn d way we sabi am. beckham wey e be say na dem get english still kpoa dat time, nobody kill am. na only wole soyinka (prof. i hail o!) na only im fit correct english wey we sabi. grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Sisikill: 9:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
Lmao! This tread dicerve to be tread of the yer and all the kontrebutors dicerve medalls for astanding work and oreginul poster decerve a haword for startining this tread and Seun decerve an nobul priess for criating nairaland witch is why oreginal pster culd startining this tread and kontributors culd kontribute. A rand of appluese for everibodi. grin

Whoa, what an appaulling desplay of appluese. I am desapionted. embarassed
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by AKO1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
But guys, seriosly. . .
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bodsibobo(m): 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2008
Ho,ho,ho.

Dis one na real "OBAMA sees the opposition as HILLARIOUS.

You guys should know that nobody is above miskate.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bodsibobo(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
Where is CGO (@poster) now?

You see now, you guys drove him away from the thread he started, omaseo
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by CGO: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ive completely fooled myself o! i really deserve all d bashing! lol!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by AKO1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2008
CGO:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ive completely fooled myself o! i really deserve all d bashing! lol!

Lol welcome to nairaland.

Hope youve learnt your lesson!

1ce bitten 2ce shy.

But kudos men, at least your first post reach frontpage, some of us wey don tey small we never reach yet undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by lonelypal(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
CGO:

no! u dnt dezerve those bashings, imfat u ve just created the longest English world grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by TheSly: 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2008

Ladies and Mentlegens. . . . . . . .It has do ohhhhhhhhhhhh . . . . . . .Abeg! grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by dgratrock: 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
A_K_O:

Lol welcome to nairaland.

Hope youve learnt your lesson!

1ce bitten 2ce shy.

But kudos men, at least your first post reach frontpage, some of us wey don tey small we never reach yet undecided
me sef congratulate u for becoming a big shot for NL, thanks to your big mouth shocked
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by tommyex(m): 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
CGO dont worries You have just belle full that are why you do so, you have no fool youself grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by ola4(m): 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2008
Not uncommon to see spelling mistakes. whatever grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by thefirm: 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
Abeg all of you guys dat went to JELE OSIMI should reconsider going for adult education. Abi u no tire to dey SHELL!!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by OluwaKANYE: 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
you should consider reading this thread if you have not red it cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by amigoes(m): 12:26am On Aug 30, 2008
haba, una never finish?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by amigoes(m): 12:32am On Aug 30, 2008
LADYS AND JENTLEMEN, these tred disarve the tred of the year aword!!!

CGO  step furword fur your aword.

a raund of apploss fur CUMRADE [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt] CGO[/size][/size][/size] grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by TheJoker1(m): 1:22am On Aug 30, 2008
CGO. COMMANDER, GUNSHIP ORDNANCE. A twenty star general. grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by ogbronx(m): 1:26am On Aug 30, 2008
abeg mae we leave that poor guy alone.am sure that by now,he must have lots of regrets trying to show off.the thing be say, for naija,brains to much and na only us dont really know this.brain drain dey happen tru diff ways and we dont know what we gat.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Queenisha: 1:29am On Aug 30, 2008
OSANOBUA!!!!!!!!!!!!

this tred is very funy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by ogbronx(m): 1:32am On Aug 30, 2008
abeg pple!this na naija.i wan ask una.una trust these TSP telco scholarship ne?make we yan small
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by PurestBoy(m): 4:50am On Aug 30, 2008
CGO:

Not only that you decerve more than the bashing, but to be barned for posting such topick when you could not even check yourselves propperly. grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 5:03am On Aug 30, 2008
[b]It's appaling [/b]that a large population of our so called educated Nigerians still make simple spelling errors in writing and speech.
Examples:
1. This particular one irritates the hell out of me! - DEFINATELY AS OPPOSED TO DEFINITELY
2. INTERNATE AS OPPOSED TO INTERNET
3.I have also seen GOOD MOURNING AS OPPOSED TO GOOD MORNING.
and others too many to mention. Please kindly come up with other errors so people can be informed, It is disgraceful because most of these word are basics that shouldnt be mis-spelt
Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones at others. ,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by omobachi(m): 6:33am On Aug 30, 2008
appaling, appauling, appalling, whats differences does its makes hmn CSO ? grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by reindeer: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2008
i heard of someone who wrote an application letter and started with

dear sir/madman, grin

i wonder if he ever got the job!

then i saw this signboard at costain bus stop many years ago

treat your Malarear here! also we treat gonorear, and staffylokus,

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by misssexyu(f): 8:40am On Aug 30, 2008
hey!!!u guyz should learn to know dat no one is above mistake,sometimes it could b a typographical error,sometimes it could b a blind mistake,sometimes it could b due to shortening a word nd u guyz might b thinking d poster doesn't know how to spell dat particular word,meanwhile he might even be better than u in outspoken english or even written english.nobody is perfect!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by yicob(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2008
these thred were very unik and interesting. It is apoling dat the posta himsef can make a misstook. Actualy, no bodies is abov mistaking. Lets us com togetda and forgave the poster for his sin of typography.
its time we stop waysting taime on the internate. Anyway, am out of these plase before i bust my stomache with lafters.

sisiskill or siskill, is this the literary section? Run back to where they wont scatter your head dear, cos this is really appalling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unilorin Convocating 6851 Students Today And Tomorrow / LAUTECH Students Protest Over 7 Months Strike (Pics, Video) / Thread For Msc, Pgd Students.