Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,221 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Murtala Mohammed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murtala Mohammed (7661 Views)

Poll: Is Murtala Mohammed a Detrabalized Nigerian Hero?

Yes: 32% (11 votes)
No: 67% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

General Murtala Mohammed's Burial And Corpse (Photos) / Photo: General Murtala Mohammed Shakes Hand With Lt. Col. Babangida In 1975 / Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murtala Mohammed by littlekim(f): 1:46pm On Sep 06, 2008
yemmyse

I just cast my vote and guess what it was. Of course u guessed right, it was a very big NO.

My vote had nothing to do with tribal or religous sentiment. It was based on the fact that no one has been able to convince me that the man did anything positive for the nation. Unless one regards ethic cleansing, coup ploting and attempting to make the entire nation a mono-religous state positive.

Did MM initiate any major economic programme during his administration of the country?
Did MM improve the image of the country during his administration?
Did he do anything to unify the country?
Is there any positive sign of MM administration in the south[quote][/quote]

You re such a pest
Re: Murtala Mohammed by RibaduFan(m): 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2008
Wait till I call Asari Dokubo, then u would know who the real pest is?
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2008
Poll for today 06/09/2008

Question: Is Murtala Mohammed a Detrabalized Nigerian Hero?

Yes 9 (40.9%)
No 13 (59.1%)

Total Votes: 22

I can see DEEPZONE face bleak with fury.
Why? when No is 13? did you even understand the question?
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2008
DeepZone:

Why? when No is 13? did you even understand the question?
Is he not from the north? What do you expect? One of them even insinuated that Britain sided with the Biafrans during the war. Can you imagin? Those people's IQ are no better than nama's.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2008
Is he not from the north? What do you expect? One of them even insinuated that Britain sided with the Biafrans during the war. Can you imagin? Those people's IQ are no better than nama's.

So you are saying that Sotherners have an IQ equivalent to that of malu? is that what you are saying? Your name is quota system abi? Pray tell you guys won't even smell any top govt positions if it were by merit, no wonder you like quota system so much.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 9:49pm On Sep 06, 2008
DeepZone:

So you are saying that Sotherners have an IQ equivalent to that of malu? is that what you are saying? Your name is quota system abi? Pray tell you guys won't even smell any top govt positions if it were by merit, no wonder you like quota system so much.
Did you even read between the lines of my comment? Abeg read again.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by seeklove: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2008
QuotaSyste:

@QuotaSyste
My friend you must be from planet jupiter, because you have no idea of what happened during the war!

It is a well know and documented fact that Britain supported Nigeria during the war. At a time despite British help to Nigeria the war was at a stalemate. Despite all the help that Nigeria got and despite the genocide and war crimes that Nigeria committed against Biafra, Nigeria could not win the war, hence the stalemate. Meanwhile through the help of neutral journalists like Fredrick Forsyth, the world was show evidence of the genocide, war crimes and the blocked done to Biafra. Prior to that Nigeria denied such allegations until Fredrick Forsyth provied pictures of the atrocities done to Biafra. This attracted sympathy for Biafra and mounted pressure on the British prime minister who had always defended Nigeria. Also at that point a new election was comming up in Britain, and the prime minister feared that if the war continued in stalemate, people might not for him. There were Protests (peaceful demonstrations) in Britain asking the Prime minister to end the war and stop the genocide in Biafra. It was obvious for him that if left alone Nigeria cannot defeat Biafra, and if Biafra wins, worst things that Nigeria did during the war will be revealed to the world. So he had to end the war in favour of Nigeria, in-order to save his reputation for the upcoming election. Therefore he intensified Britains support for Nigeria. At this point the war was almost between Biafra and Britain . This is how Nigeria won the war.

Read your history. Read the story from unbiased and neutral writers(foreign writers). Don't just read and believe what Nigeria writes about the war.

I will tell you another shamefull fact:
Biafra captured the midwest at the beginning of the war and occupied that area. Not even one genocide was committed by Biafra during Biafra's occupation of midwest. The moment Nigeria recaptured that region, from the midwest to asaba, Nigeria tied all the igbo speaking people in that area(including women and children) and shot them at close range and fromthe back. This is one of the genocide that Fredrick Forsyth reported to world. This is a terrible genocide done by the battalion led by Murtala Mohamed.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by BUSHFELLOW(m): 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2008
Maybe I am wrong but I thought Murtala Mohammed was from the south but grew up in Kano

He's a core northerner. Which kain south?

Yes he is from the south south and he grew up in kano his grand father house still stands in auchi in Edo state Nigeria. but he has to choose kano because of the tribalism going on in the army as at then if you are not from the north you don't get enlisted or promoted as at when due. This tribalism still goes on today, for this reason we have so many northerner who can not even speak English in the army and also in police force.this reason he adopted the kano as his state of origin.

On the subject of the matter for no reason should he be compared to JFK is like comparing him to MLK men who dream dreams for their country not their region of origin. they worry for the people and where they will be in 100 years to come but our leaders only worry about them selves greedy and corrupt we have not yet have a true and sincere leader yet in this country.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 7:07pm On Sep 07, 2008

seeklove:

@QuotaSyste
My friend you must be from planet jupiter, because you have no idea of what happened during the war!

Bia, this person, are you for real? How did my quote above equate to Britain siding with the Biafrans during the war? Look at how much time and energy you wasted trying to convince me without even reading through the lines of my comment. Now, i tell you, go back and read what i wrote to understand it very well.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2008
Yes he is from the south south and he grew up in kano his grand father house still stands in auchi in Edo state Nigeria. but he has to choose kano because of the tribalism going on in the army as at then if you are not from the north you don't get enlisted or promoted as at when due. This tribalism still goes on today, for this reason we have so many northerner who can not even speak English in the army and also in police force.this reason he adopted the kano as his state of origin.

I've not heard this before. it's very possible but I've always thought MM is an Hausa man.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by Gamine(f): 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2008
From Murtala to Biafra.

These igbo people sef undecided
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2008
Gamine:

From Murtala to Biafra.

These igbo people sef undecided
Seems you are trying hard to find Igbo husband without success. What's your problem?
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2008
Seems you are trying hard to find Igbo husband without success. What's your problem?

All you do is attack attack attack, you get big problemooo.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by Gamine(f): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2008
Dont mind the pesin o

Murtala is From EDO state.

i wish Nnenny will see this erroneous statement, ROTFLMAO
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2008
DeepZone:

All you do is attack attack attack, you get big problemooo.
Bia, this Orolu girl. Stay away from me. I don't suffer fools gladly oo.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by seeklove: 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Bia, this person, are you for real? How did my quote above equate to Britain siding with the Biafrans during the war? Look at how much time and energy you wasted trying to convince me without even reading through the lines of my comment. Now, i tell you, go back and read what i wrote to understand it very well.

@QuotaSyste
I think somthing is wrong with my key bord. Parts of my earlier post was deleted. What I intended to say was:

My friend you are right. You (people who insuniated that Britain sided with Biafra) must be from planet Jupiter, because you have no idea of what happened during the war!

Sorry for the mistake.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2008
Bia, this Orolu girl. Stay away from me. I don't suffer fools gladly oo.
Bia, this hausa boy, stay away from meooo. i prefer circumcised men,

What is Bia? Teach me small hausa now?
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 1:33am On Sep 08, 2008
seeklove:

@QuotaSyste
I think somthing is wrong with my key bord. Parts of my earlier post was deleted. What I intended to say was:

My friend you are right. You (people who insuniated that Britain sided with Biafra) must be from planet Jupiter, because you have no idea of what happened during the war!

[b]Sorry for the mistake[/b].
Bros, i take no offence. I got you. No shaken. Lets move on.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 1:36am On Sep 08, 2008
DeepZone:

Bia, this hausa boy, stay away from meooo. i prefer circumcised men,

What is Bia? Teach me small hausa now?
But i am Igbo/Biafran through and through. I don't know where you got the impression that i am awusa. I have only Igbo to teach you and nada awusa.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 7:09am On Sep 08, 2008
But i am Igbo/Biafran through and through. I don't know where you got the impression that i am awusa. I have only Igbo to teach you and nada awusa.

How come you were overtly pro North?
Re: Murtala Mohammed by Jarus(m): 9:16am On Sep 08, 2008
[b]Re: Murtala Mohammed
« #89 on: September 05, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Modify message
Quote from: boyscout on September 04, 2008, 08:47 AM
@ Deepzone and David,

Before you go any further on the loan condition, recipient nations should not necessarily be an Islamic state . If I had created any other impression, then Accept my apologies.

Lets see your point on MM @Deepzone

1,Arabic Inscription on the Naira: This was actually done during the regime of Gen. Yakubu Gowon -a Christan (North) as there is no evidence that the naira was changed during the regime of MM

2,OIC Membership: All available records show that Nigeria became a member state during the regime of Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo -a Christan (South). As Deepzone had earlier said, even if it was MM intention as far as he did not lead us there at that point in time you can not hang him on this.

Let us not forget that the polity of the World at that time allowed Obasanjo to lean towards Pan Africanism and to see it through it will associate with any thing that is against aparthied that is why World bank and its likes may not have been an option for us then. The . the nationalisation policy is one major decision taken then to show case pan Africanism (BP = AP)

If you do have more facts do bring it on

On MMIA: Well we do have to look at all monuments named after all known names and view it from allegations against them (You will be luck if we will ever name anything after anyone as all hands seems soiled)[/b]

1,So desperate to find MM's fault was Deepzone that she did not do her research well before coming up with something to 'back' her hatred for this man. If your intention is not borne out of hatred for this man because of his tribe & religion, I challenge you to disprove the boldened sentence.

2, I know you will want to disprove this(no 2)by saying OBJ, Musa Yar'adua,TY Danjuma were MM's boys, that they only implemented MM's idea. But for the first point, I know you can't tell me Gowon was MM's boy.

Please girl, when next you want to dress your subjective dislike for somebody on some 'objective' reasons, do deeper research.

Five days after, still expecting a rebuttal from Deepzone!
Re: Murtala Mohammed by QuotaSyste(m): 9:29am On Sep 08, 2008
DeepZone:

How come you were overtly pro North?
Me, pro north? Tufiakwa. Ok, for the avoidance of doubts, my posts are not even up to 50. I implore you to take your time to check and read all my comments to know if it sounds pro north or not. How can i be pro north when they are killing my Igbo people with the flimsiest excuse of a muhammed cartoon that was drawn in far away Denmark? You have shown that you don't even read my posts, but i read yours and i say keep it up in exposing those murder maniacs. By the way, "Bia" is Igbo word for come, wa and zo. I know you have heard about the coined word "WAZOBIA" which represents Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo's way of saying "come" which is English word.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2008
Five days after, still expecting a rebuttal from Deepzone

You really want me to write a rebuttal for these calves?
Re: Murtala Mohammed by joshjosh(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
what is happening to my great auntie?

why are you all of a sudden showing your soft and tender side funmi?
one moment you are looking for "3 reasons" the next you are being generous and seemingly caring what is going on?
is my auntie pregnant or what? what is bringing this new caring and less fiesty funmi?

anyway good afternoon and long may this new you reign my dear auntie
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
what is happening to my great auntie?

why are you all of a sudden showing your soft and tender side funmi?
one moment you are looking for "3 reasons" the next you are being generous and seemingly caring what is going on?
is my auntie pregnant or what? what is bringing this new caring and less fiesty funmi?

anyway good afternoon and long may this new you reign my dear auntie

Love your neighbour as you love yourself. I just came back from Hajj.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by joshjosh(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2008
mmmmmmmm so u are a mole now? i dont believe you. you are funny. keep your present temperature my dear
Re: Murtala Mohammed by DeepZone: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2008
mmmmmmmm so u are a mole now? i don't believe you. you are funny. keep your present temperature my dear

You better believe me. Wonders shall never end!!!!
Re: Murtala Mohammed by joshjosh(m): 3:20am On Sep 09, 2008
wonders indeed funmi. keep up the good work
Re: Murtala Mohammed by Jarus(m): 8:20am On Sep 09, 2008
DeepZone:

You really want me to write a rebuttal for these calves?

Stop the redherring, disprove this:
1,Arabic Inscription on the Naira: This was actually done during the regime of Gen. Yakubu Gowon -a Christan (North) as there is no evidence that the naira was changed during the regime of MM

I'm still waiting, six days after.
Re: Murtala Mohammed by maxsiollun: 12:42am On Nov 01, 2008
Read this detailed profile of the tempestuous Ramat and decide for yourselves,

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/index.php/content/view/6255/55
Re: Murtala Mohammed by tpia: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2008
Re: Murtala Mohammed by nypha: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2008
I use to wonder why Nigeria always have a special requirement for visa applications to tourist countries.
Now I understand why, it's because they might be seing Nigeria as an islamic country, and therby apply strict rules that are applied to terrorist countries.

Apart from the fact that we nigerians have our odd characters, this OIC stuff might contribute to one of the reasons why we are treated like these islamic terrorist countries.

Even countries like Indonesia have the guts to include Nigeria in this visa ristriction process. You can check out this site below and you will find out the list of countries listed are mainly in the OIC club.

http://www.indonesianembassy.org.uk/consular_visa_type_approval.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Kicks Off Total Islamization Of Nigeria In Kastina (photo) / Mahmood Yakubu Elected President ECOWAS Network Of Electoral Commissions / List Of Evil Accomplishments Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.