Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:34 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290028 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Hugoboi(m): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2007
Thats too bad.And to think this is coming within weeks of the Tottenham incident goes a long way to prove how unsportsmanly blue can get.
I hope JT gets the hammer this time so maybe he can restrict himself to just playin football!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2007
Razorr:

@Rikky

As much as I hate to admit this, I must agree with you. I can't fault a single word in your post.

Since Jose was sacked, I have come to the conclusion that Kenyon is an asshole!!! The idiot even has the audacity to lie to we fans.
Did you see his interview on Sky? The guy looked so ridiculous. Talking shit. His nose must have been as long a Pinocchio’s that day. The Plonker!!! angry

Anyway, we have more problems at the moment, as John Terry seems to be in hot soup.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7012337.stm

It’s Very worrisome indeed. embarassed

Hmm Razorr, easy on Kenyon. I'm so thankful United booted him out with "a Gardening Leave" excuse. You don hear about gardening leave before?? grin grin. Thats to show how desperate we were to kick his sloppy @ss to the kerb.

Terry in trouble? Na lie. The FA is doing Initial Gra gra. He can't be banned, donr forget he's the English captain. Terry need matches to keep himself fit for the Euro qualifiers and the FA know that terry is indispensable!!!. At most, Terry may get a fine or better still he's off the hook. So you think Terry would be banned? Hahah, we are both laughing out loud!! grin grin. The FA would not be dumb to shoot themselves on the foot

The FA are the masters of Incosistency. They are more Inconsistent than John Utaka who scores 3 goals at the beginning of the season and then wraps it up with 2 hatricks at the end of the season to reach a goal tally of Ten !!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 1:41pm On Sep 25, 2007
Ok then. That's a relief.

About Kenyon, I heard he's a gay. I heard he fell in love with Roman's baby face and that's what made him come to Chelsea. undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2007
I dont agree with you all at all. CFC has got a good bench. Are you saying Mourinho was stupid for getting Ben Haim,Pizza and sidwell for free. Nah.
Rule out Chelsea at your peril.
This is just the perilous time for Chelsea, the maturity displayed by the players will go a long way in bailing out this team.
Neways, Razorr where have you been? you ran away before the game. Told you we will beat you guys 2-0.
where is my money?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
Rikky
You booted Kenyon out? Man thats an outrageous lie, hell you could take his position with that line. grin grin

He left you guys and went for more money face the facts, bro, it helps wink

Meanwhile the latest mishaps surrounding Chelsea has nothing to do with Kenyon whatsoever, I use to blame him until quite recently with the infamous exit of JM. Now everyone can see RA runs Chelsea like his very own mafian empire.

What can Kenyon do but play along? Dance to the tune, hell thats where his money comes from. Or did you have any other ideas?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2007
tbk
Maturity of players? This is what i meant when i referred to you earlier.

Why don't you look at the maturity of the management in the JM fiasco. Hell, how will ManU react immediately without SAF or Arsenal without Arsene.

Why don't we talk on that line?

Its not only the players that matter, a different manager can get different results in the same circumstances from the same set of players - hey that sounds like a good rule don't it? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by loyika(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2007
Don't mind those Mancs tongue tongue

Always want to act all innocent and stuff, Imagine Rikky Ricardo coming here to say that Kenyon was booted out of Manchester grin grin grin What would we hear next cheesy

Will join the "What will happen at Chelsea" train later. AND ITS NOT WHAT YOU ALL THINK/WILL BE EXPECTING, I PROMISE grin grin (Cross my heart cool).

grin GOONER 89
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2007
somze:

tbk
Maturity of players? This is what i meant when i referred to you earlier.

Why don't you look at the maturity of the management in the JM fiasco. Hell, how will ManU react immediately without SAF or Arsenal without Arsene.

Why don't we talk on that line?

Its not only the players that matter, a different manager can get different results in the same circumstances from the same set of players - hey that sounds like a good rule don't it? grin
loyika:

Always want to act all innocent and stuff, Imagine Rikky Ricardo coming here to say that Kenyon was booted out of Manchester grin grin grin What would we hear next cheesy

Will join the "What will happen at Chelsea" train later. AND ITS NOT WHAT YOU ALL THINK/WILL BE EXPECTING, I PROMISE grin grin (Cross my heart cool).

grin GOONER 89

Loyika, Somze grin grin

Are you guys saying you don't know Kenyon was humiliated with the gardening leave the United board gave him even before Chelsea came knocking?
The leave was for him to stay Outta the ambiences of Old trafford and Carrington. How else can you disgrace and boot out a Chief Executive. We always do it our way, we don't do it in the Russian manner of "Mutual Consent" grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Jackal(m): 2:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
loyika:

grin GOONER 89

KENYON WAS BOOTED OUT OF MANCHESTER UNITED.
He was put on a GARDEN LEAVE even before the Roman Revolution in 2003.
I cannot understand why u have downgraded yourself into pallying up with idiots and plonkers who started watching EPL in 2005.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2007
Rikky
Come on dude, you know he left so hush it.
Except you care to show proof otherwise.
I suggest you do the honorable thing.
kenyon only went on leave AFTER defecting which was in accordance to his contract with ManU.

But again a couple of self proclaimed wise ones can care to disprove my 2005 induced analysis
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2007
@Somze
i very much agree with you that a sudden change of MGT will affect the results. I'm reiterating that despite the fact that CFC arent getting the results, they have got the quality within to turn things around.
I'm of the opinion that CFC are still in the race for the title. What they need is a morale boosting win against whoever is coming on Saturday and then, things can start shaping up.
And moreover, for how long will the fans brood over this Mourinho issue? hes gone
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2007
Man Utd chief joins Chelsea
. . . . . text taken off here . . .

Chelsea issued a statement shortly after saying that Kenyon would become their new chief executive, with his role in west London "set to commence as permitted by contractual arrangements" at Old Trafford.

That means 49-year-old Kenyon will have to serve a period of "gardening leave" at United before he is free to take up the role as chief executive of Chelsea Village PLC - parent company of Chelsea Football Club.

"Mr Kenyon will now go on garden leave in accordance with the terms of his contract."

"David, as managing director, has also played a major role in that success, and we are delighted that his appointment will bring both experience and continuity to this position."

Gill, 46, admitted that Kenyon's decision to quit Old Trafford had come as a shock.

"It was a bolt out of the blue but we have to move on
," he told MUTV . . .

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2007
For Rikky and the self proclaimed wise elder of soccer
More proof to support my claims

Ever since he emerged from the gardening leave forced on him by Manchester United when he decided to head south to spend Roman Abramovich's millions,

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague/story/0,,1187460,00.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2007
tkb417:

@Somze
i very much agree with you that a sudden change of MGT will affect the results. I'm reiterating that despite the fact that CFC arent getting the results, they have got the quality within to turn things around.
I'm of the opinion that CFC are still in the race for the title. What they need is a morale boosting win against whoever is coming on Saturday and then, things can start shaping up.
And moreover, for how long will the fans brood over this Mourinho issue? hes gone

Well i think quite differently but i'm no soothe sayer . . . if thats how its spelt
I think we need a morale boosting manager, i think this manager needs to have a big name too. This would help to refocus the team and motivate them.
In theory, the title race is not over for us . . . in theory.
Like i said earlier, i dont expect much, i only hope for a 4th place finish.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2007
somze:

For Rikky and the self proclaimed wise elder of soccer
More proof to support my claims

http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague/story/0,,1187460,00.html

What are we saying? and What are you saying somze?. You just highlighted the fact that he was booted out? Are you sure you saw that aprt where your highlighted quote said
gardening leave forced on him by Manchester United
. Ofcos, United forced him out, Isn't still that booting out or do we have to arrive at the same consensus with the same word?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2007
for crying out loud
That leave was only forced on him AFTER he had agreed terms with Chelsea to buy time between his period in manure and Chelsea, and also possibly to think of reporting Chelsea to FA and all that.

Haba, this is a losing battle na. tongue

Come on, are you saying he did not resign again. Are you saying you guys did not consider reporting him or are you saying the leave was before his contact with Chelsea?

I'm getting tired of this o, ok let me quote it AGAIN. . . grin grin grin

Ever since he emerged from the gardening leave forced on him by Manchester United when he decided to head south to spend Roman Abramovich's millions,

When he decided means . . . after una know say the guy wan waka, una come purnish am wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2007
Rikky, i think this one explains things better

MANCHESTER United are being forced to pay a heavy price for falling out with Chelsea over the departure of their former chief executive Peter Kenyon. Kenyon decided to walk out on United after Chelsea's billionaire owner Roman Abramovich made him a stunning offer to take over the reigns at Stamford Bridge. But United refused to make it easy for Kenyon who was forced to go on gardening leave until the two clubs reached a compensation agreement last month. To bring the dispute to an end Chelsea agreed to pay United pounds 220,000 compensation but if United believed that would be the end of the matter they clearly underestimated their Premiership rivals.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20040125/ai_n9715427

Some self-proclaimed wise ones claimed Kenyon was on a leave / booted out even before Roman's era, now that is just an embarrassing falsification of incontrovertible facts and events. grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by KnowAll(m): 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2007
A WEEK IS TOO LONG IN FOOTBALL, IN LIFE IN GENERAL NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS AROUND THE CORNER, SO LADIES & GENTLEMEN REPENT YOU MIGHT BE GONE TOMORROW.

Mourinho is key to glory - Kenyon

Mourinho (left) is integral to Chelsea's future, says Kenyon
Chief executive Peter Kenyon insists Chelsea's hunger for success will not cost manager Jose Mourinho his job.
Kenyon says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's long-term plans for the Blues include Mourinho at the helm.

He said: "There's loads of speculation that if we don't win Jose gets fired, but that's not the way we think.

"It's about winning in style and building that dynasty, and that's what Roman wants to be part of; Chelsea becoming part of Europe's dynasty."

Former Manchester United chief executive Kenyon revealed Chelsea's desire to become a worldwide brand in the same manner as his former employers.

Kenyon said: "Over a 10-year period, you need two European Cups to be a world club, and you have to dominate your domestic league.

"We have an infrastructure to deal with that and people to deal with it.

606: DEBATE
The term world class is being used far too much, I was wondering who is world class

RR&T

"We will win the Champions League, the question is when," Kenyon says in the Chelsea documentary Blue Revolution.

"We've got a squad, a structure, a belief and we've got quality; I believe the Champions League is not far away."

Kenyon also claims Mourinho is the most similar manager to Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson he has yet seen.

After joining Chelsea in 2003, Kenyon was instrumental in bringing former Porto boss Mourinho to Stamford Bridge to succeed Claudio Ranieri.

The Chelsea chief executive said: "After the first week I didn't feel Ranieri was up to the job. Having been around a winner like Sir Alex, Ranieri certainly didn't come into that class, so we embarked on looking for a new manager.

"We came up with Mourinho who was young and different.

If we win, we want to win stylishly, everyone buys into that

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon

"We'd seen some of the best names but he was hungry and thought differently and I saw he had some of the same qualities as Alex Ferguson.

"He's a winner and we were lucky enough to get him, and I think we've had some success since then."

Kenyon also revealed that Abramovich has concerns about Chelsea's on-field image, and that the Russian billionaire is keen to couple success with style.

"He's passionate about Chelsea; he's passionate about how we are perceived, how we do things. If we win, we want to win stylishly, everyone buys into that.

"He's the best possible thing that could have happened to Chelsea," added Kenyon.

"He's thoughtful, he's strong and he's been a very successful businessman. But he's very different to how anybody would portray him because nobody knows him."
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2007
What else do you expect from him?

Isn't he paid by RA?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
You guys should change the title of this thread to Lamentations at the Bridge
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2007
Yes A-40, we know its been a while you've remotely smelt the top of the table.

Its really ok, celebrate your position for now . . .

grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 11:03pm On Sep 25, 2007
yeah i see it that way, for now!! grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by debosky(m): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2007
one more thing Chavs, We got Diarra for only 2 million quid, not the huge amounts earlier stated grin grin

Hope y'all lose tomorrow against Hull.

Rich man's plaything.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 2:02am On Sep 26, 2007
U guys shld stop critisizin n give d blues the morale the so desperately need
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 7:14am On Sep 26, 2007
they have just gat to be happy because it was serious headache having the then chelsea around grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2007
man utd booted Kenyon my a$$ !!

there's a very simple way to boot someone out ; BOOT HIM OUT !
not placing him on "gardening leave" and keep paying his salary while he's playing golf instead of working !
man utd must have had some heart !
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2007
At least we know you guys would not be making it to the top anytime soon grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by A40(m): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2007
If i where yall i will be less bothered on how long Arsenal will top the table and think of how i would beat Hull and get a draw against Fulham on Saturday now dont look at me strangely it happened last season another draw from you guys and the Gunners will be outta sight
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2007
If i where yall i will be less bothered on how long Arsenal will top the table and think of how i would beat Hull and get a draw against Fulham on Saturday now don't look at me strangely it happened last season another draw from you guys and the Gunners will be out of sight
wicked Gaynner. I can see what motivates you. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2007
I can imagine
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by oluphemmy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2007
UP BLUES.
though it's difficult to say, i hope we make it to the top "unusual"
i dey hear rumor that we don buy ronaldinho,
someone pls confirm a
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2007
oluphemmy:

i dey hear rumor that we don buy ronaldinho,

Bleep's sake!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_2756745,00.html undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.