Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,588 members, 7,861,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:34 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290033 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2008
Nateevs,

I too have been wondering about Ibime for some time.

We definitely have to go on winning matches. I hope Arsenal and ManUtd drops a few points to help us on the way.

This is the luckiest season we've had in terms of fixtures. We've lost some good opportunities but I'm sure fans would forgive AG if he wins a trophy this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ nateevs,

Was Pizarro a Chelsea player under Mourinho LAST SEASON?
How could a player not register under Jose in dec. 2006 be the reason why Jose lost the title to Ferguson?
These Chavs never cease to maze me.

Point 4 Erroneously is flawed!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2008
I'm guessing the game below was played last season . . .
Where were his tactics when he played JT as a centre forward for 35 mins against Villa?

We're really getting to see how great an analyst you are grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2008
His only reference point is August 2007 and last season.

I ask him one question and he dodge i handsomely grin grin grin

Was it not the same Mourinho that beat United and arsenal 3 times in one season?

Was it not the same JM that iflict on Liverpool their heaviest home defeat in almost 40 years before Arsenal cancel that last season?

To Jackal, Drogba just went for his first nations cup. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:18pm On Mar 24, 2008
We happen to know all his silly tricks.

When he is obviously losing the argument he gets started with insults grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by RuuDie(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2008
I think chelsea fans are a trifle unfair at AG & i think a lot of it stems 4rm the Carling Cup final loss!

The man has done a great job. . . . . . I remember seeing his team selection in his 1st game against UTD @ OT. It was so balanced a team, instantly i understood why chelsea hadn't looked elsewhere 4 JM's replacement!

AG's completely changing chelsea's style. . . . . . And its pretty evident, their passing game's much improved.
A lot people look @ the high-scoring games & use that as yard stix, that shldn't be! Those games come 4 every club every now & then. . . . . . . . . Even JM had a couple in his tenure against teams like Everton, Reading, Wigan. . . . . .

Yes, chelsea are a bit frail @ the back. . . . . Understandable really cuz a no. of factors have led 2 this but PRIMARILY, they're going thru a PHASE currently where they shed their DEFENSIVE mould 4 a more OFFENSIVE posture, naturally some setbacks are expected!

With the xception of trophies AG hasn't so badly, the figures show so!

I can't help but wonder why chelsea fans attribute the FA Cup loss 2 AG. . . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2008
For like 60 minutes we could hardly make an attempt at goal. Who do we blame?

Some of you were condemning JM in the game against Rosenburg where we had like 26 shots on goal.

Why is it that you guys always use different rules for AG and JM. I think we can clearly see the unfair party here.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2008
RuuDie:

I can't help but wonder why chelsea fans attribute the FA Cup loss 2 AG. . . . . .

But we can attribute the win against Arsenal to him . . . . . uhh?

What's going on here?
This is exactly what Somze is saying . . . . One rule for JM another for AG cheesy cheesy

@Chacal
I did not bring up a Pizzarro issue . . did I ?    undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by RuuDie(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2008
Mis-understand me not. . . . . A lot of chelsea fans blame AG 4 that loss, i always wonder why!
I felt it was a day when anything goes. . . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2008
Jose is a charmer. He has charmed and blind folded most Chelsea
fans.

Someone said Grant should win something before he can forgive
him.

Forgive him for what! shocked

He deserves praise for steadying a sinking ship Jose left behind. I
ruled Chelsea out of the race after Chelsea's loss at Villa park now I
fear them like hell.

If Jose was in charge yesterday, you all would have sang to high
heavens what a magician he was.

Yesterday, Chelsea fans were singing "You don't know what you're
doing"
when he was making those changes. That's obscene in my
reckoning. Your manager doesn't desrve that.

Granted Ramos outwitted him at Wembley but how many times have
we seen Jose outwitted? Countless times.

But his charm masks everything.

My point: Jose was a fantastic manager for Chelsea. The trophy cabinet
speaks for him but we must recognize that Grant has done very very
well as well.

Like Chacal said, stop the mood swing and stop acting like a jilted boyfriend.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2008
akinalabi:

Jose is a charmer. He has charmed and blind folded most Chelsea
fans.

Someone said Grant should win something before he can forgive
him.

Forgive him for what! shocked

No one said that

akinalabi:

He deserves praise for steadying a sinking ship Jose left behind. I
fear them like hell.
Sinking ship? lol
You guys are ridiculously funny

akinalabi:

Granted Ramos outwitted him at Wembley but how many times have
we seen Jose outwitted? Countless times.
So Grant has only been outwitted once hey? grin grin
And JM a million times grin grin
You guys deserve the Oscars for distortion.

akinalabi:

My point: Jose was a fantastic manager for Chelsea. The trophy cabinet
speaks for him but we must recognize that Grant has done very very
well as well.
AG has done very very well indeed, we have our trophy cabinet to prove it. Let's wait till the end of the season to finish this discussion.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Ruddie

You still don't understand it . . do you?

You said you don't know why AG is to be blamed for the loss to Barnsley . . . and I asked
Is he to be praised for the win against Arsenal. . .?

If he is then he is to be blamed for the loss. . . and all other losses. .

@Akinlabi

It is always very hard to make a conclusion especially when you don't know the origin of the argument. . .
JM is a charmer?. . . .It's charisma my son. . .

Ask yourself sincerely have you ever thot of what could happen when Sir Alex steps down? Especially if he is perhaps sacked after all the glory he brought to utd? You guys will be calling his name for the next century. . . It is not perculiar to Chelsea fans to still mention JM's name in the fray of things even though he is long gone. . . it is just human nature. . .

Go to the Arsenal thread . . . and listen to worldwide broadcasts and see what arsenal fans are saying about Wenger . . the same they were all calling a genius a few months a ago. . . It's just of human that people get associated with success. . . . if wenger is sacked and a new guy comes in and plays very boring football and still does not win anything, the same guys that called him a genius and later called him a plonker, will go back singing his praises. . . that's just it my friend. .

If Sir alex leaves utd today. . . you bet pray that his successor is just as good as him or even better . . . if not everytime the new guy makes a strange change, the first thing that comes to your mind is "OH IN THE GREAT DAYS OF SIR ALEX!!!!"

Only Chelsea has passed thru the stage of losing a great Manager . . to be replaced by a not so good one. . if and when other teams go thru it . . we will hear the same things. . simple!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2008
Nateevs
Haaa, don't you know that they dubiously claim AG to be even greater than JM? grin grin grin

Just wait for the replies grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2008
akinalabi:

1) Jose is a charmer. He has charmed and blind folded most Chelsea
fans.

2)He deserves praise for steadying a sinking ship Jose left [/b]behind. I
fear them like hell.

3) If Jose was in charge yesterday, you all would have sang to high
heavens what a magician he was.

4)Granted Ramos outwitted him at Wembley but how many times have
we seen Jose outwitted? [b]Countless times.

1) The same way Wenger and Fergie had blindfolded you guys
2) sinking ship indeed. Only a fool will believe JM will not turn it around.

Lets examine JM rot season.

## We beat Birmingham by 3goals to 2
## We beat Reading by 2 goals to 1
## We drew with Liverpool away ( 1-1)
## We beat Portsmouth at SB by 1 goal
## We lost to Villa at Villa park by 2 goals
## We drew Blackburne at home (0-0).

11 points from 18 is a ROT cry

After our home draw against BB, [size=14pt]We are sharing the same 11 points with United[/size]. Ferguson must have been a ROT as well. Arsenal was leading by 2 points.

3) We will because he wont lose to Arsenal. We wont even have sleepless night.

4) Please list the countless times.

Indeed the mess, Mourinho left.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by RuuDie(m): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ akinalabi,

well said chum. . . . . . Whilst not tryna bash JM, chelsea fans should leave that & face the present!

And i still ask. . . . . With all the money, transfer market clout, craft & guile @ their disposal, why settle 4 a RELATIVE UNKNOWN

I think he's great footie brain & just needs time & a team of his own engineering 2 really get down 2 biznizz!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2008
How could we leave Grant alone.

We are Chelseans, he came to meet us here.

Every single opportunity, he snipe at JM methods.

A cup winning method for God sake.

"We are now playing well". "JM's method is outdated".

He can fool people in Tel aviv NOT US.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by RuuDie(m): 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ akinalabi,

well said chum. . . . . . Whilst not tryna bash JM, chelsea fans should leave that & face the present!

And i still ask. . . . . With all the money, transfer market clout, craft & guile @ their disposal, why settle 4 a RELATIVE UNKNOWN

I think he's great footie brain & just needs time & a team of his own engineering 2 really get down 2 biznizz!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2008
No one can deny that AG turned to JM's tried and tested route one football yesterday. .  it was obvious . .
Route the ball to drogba and everything else fits into place. . .

It's JM's tried and tested. . . It's was JM's idea to play Essien at right back . . . not because he preferred it . . but he didn't have a choice. . .AG used that as well. .as a preffered decision rather than not having a choice. . . even when he had two fit and in-form right backs (bad decision)

when things like this happen . . you can only but bring his name back . . . everyone wants to look forwards . . . but even AG keeps bringing him back . . . what can we do?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2008
Akolawole:

Lets examine JM rot season.

## We beat Birmingham by 3goals to 2
## We beat Reading by 2 goals to 1
## We drew with Liverpool away ( 1-1)
## We beat Portsmouth at SB by 1 goal
## We lost to Villa at Villa park by 2 goals
## We drew Blackburne at home (0-0).

11 points from 18 is a ROT

Indeed the mess, Mourinho left.
Yeah that's the sinking ship / rot these guys are talking about. grin grin
Nice one Akola

These guys really crack me up grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 4:56pm On Mar 24, 2008
So because Jose had a poor start to the season,people are claiming he couldn't have turned things around.Fergie and Wenger have had poorer starts to their seasons.If they had a boss like Roman,they too would have been sacked.

Mind you,they never had to deal with all the nonsense that Jose had to deal with at Chelski with players being imposed on him and constant speculation about his future.Fergie and Wenger would have resigned if they found themselves in this position.

Every team has poor run of form.It can come at anytime;mid-season,late in the season or at the beginning of the season. So because Jose's poor form came at the beginning of the season,suddenly he couldn't turn things around?

This is the same mentality that people used in questioning whether Utd will finish in the top 4 when we had such a poor start at the beginning.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2008
4 Play:

So because Jose had a poor start to the season,people are claiming he couldn't have turned things around.Fergie and Wenger have had poorer starts to their seasons.If they had a boss like Roman,they too would have been sacked.

Mind you,they never had to deal with all the nonsense that Jose had to deal with at Chelski with players being imposed on him and constant speculation about his future.Fergie and Wenger would have resigned if they found themselves in this position.

Every team has poor run of form.It can come at anytime;mid-season,late in the season or at the beginning of the season. So because Jose's poor form came at the beginning of the season,suddenly he couldn't turn things around?

This is the same mentality that people used in questioning whether Utd will finish in the top 4 when we had such a poor start at the beginning.

There can only be one 4Play.

Can you believe JM's Chelsea is sharing 11 points with United on the day of his sack?

Thank God for internet sha grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2008
4 Play:

Man you are from a different planet!!!! you are the man . . . that is constructive . . just the way it should be!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2008
4 Play:

So you still possess this brilliance tongue grin

I call on every ManUtd supporter to note this post grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ Akolawole,

My take on this issue is: JOSE MOURINHO IS NOT SPECIAL.
U can take it to any bank with interest.
The special one with 300 million pounds investment couldn't get to a UCL final in 3 seasons.

What is so special about the loose cannon? Back to back titles and so what?
TREBLE!!!! Nah. . . . . . 3 consecutive EPL titles!!!! Nah . . . . .Eye for talents? Nah!!!!!!
I will take Frank Rijkaard before Jose Mourinho 5000 times.

Jose Mourinho could be sharing 11 points with Fergie on his sack but Fergie had lost 3 of his goal-getters.
Were they on the same points on the UCL's group stages?? grin grin  How can Jose draw Rosenborg at SB?
It was obvious Jose had nuthing more to offer Chelsea. . . . He sold good players and acquired duds.
Will join u in the argument in abt 40 mins when i get to the airport.

BRB.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2008
Some people lie so much they'd make the Devil look like a saint

How can someone in his right senses claim JM spent 300million pounds?

The day this ignoramus stops lying, that same day I'd prepare for the 2nd coming.

Such a nitwit!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:15pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Nateeves

I dont take his analysis as a joke.

He hardly mix emotion with facts. He says things as it should be, maybe a good Moderator of our site grin
Chacal:

My take on this issue is: JOSE MOURINHO IS NOT SPECIAL.
You can take it to any bank with interest.
The special one with 300 million pounds investment couldn't get to a UCL final in 3 seasons.

What is so special about the loose cannon? Back to back titles and so what?
TREBLE!!!! Nah. . . . . . 3 consecutive EPL titles!!!! Nah . . . . .Eye for talents? Nah!!!!!!
I will take Frank Rijkaard before Jose Mourinho 5000 times.

1)Jose Mourinho could be sharing 11 points with Fergie on his sack but Fergie had lost 3 of his goal-getters.
Were they on the same points on the UCL's group stages?? grin grin

2)How can Jose draw Rosenborg at SB?
It was obvious Jose had nuthing more to offer Chelsea. . . .

3) He sold good players and acquired duds.

BRB.

1) So there is a ROT in Old tratford as well.

2) how could conventry win in Old tratford for God sake. Why on earth could Pompey won in Forth Knox?

3) Sold Kenzman. acquire Drogba,Essien et al.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2008
Akola
Kezman was a great player, Drogba and Essien are such terrible players. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Somze

I wonder why you allow Jackal's antics to worry you.

He's such a brilliant chap that can change the face of Mr Weger with Adegboye Onigbinde. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ somze,

What do you mean no one said it? Do you monitor what millions
of Chelsea fans say worldwide? Come on.

Yes! Chelsea were a sinking ship!

Were they on the upward or on the downward slide when Jose
left? If you say they were on the upward then there is no point
of talking about it any longer.

How can you compare trophy cabinets between a three year and
an eight month spell?

I'm begining to sense what Jackal calls "plastic fans" here.

@ Akolawole,

You said only a fool would have thought Jose wouldnt have turned it
around.

If that is a fact, then I agree that I'm a big fool because I never for
one thought he would turn it around. We cannot assume that he
surely would have.

If Grant started the season and recorded the same statistics, you would
have sid only a fool can think that Chelse would be in that position if
Jose was in charge.

See?

Yes! Our season was a rot at the start as well. We must always call
a spade a spade. We don't mince words at OT. We blast Fergie at OT
very much when he gets his tactics wrong. I've never heard a Chelsea
fan blast Jose.

The number of times Jose has blundered with tactics? Because of time,
lets talk about a couple.

Necastle Vs Chelsea (FA Cup)

Jose puts out a ludicrous 4-1-2-1-2 formation against a 4 man pacy and
physical midfield of Dyer, Jenas, Butt and Robert.

At half time, he tries his magic wand by making three substitutions running
the risk of ending the match so early with less than 11 men in case of injuries
which was what happened.

Basic managerial blunder.

Barcelona Vs Chelsea (ECL)

Chelsea needed a tactical switch to get back into the game and Jose perfoms
some magic.

Throws John Terry to lead the line. shocked

Now, all managers make blunders. There is no question about that. The point
is the gloss over it when it comes to Jose and a thorough expository when it
comes to grant is grotesquely unfair.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2008
@akinalabi

If you comb through anybody's record,you will always find faults.You are nitpicking Jose's tactical errors,do you know how many times he has salvaged a situation before?

Name one manager without instances of tactical errors. Do you remember when Fergie couldn't figure out what to do with Veron?Played him on the right,Scholes on the left,with Butt and Keane in the centre.Remember where we finished that season?3rd and trophyless.

Whatever people say,you can't compare Jose's record with Grant.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2008
nateevs:

wait sef?. . . where's Ibime?

I am here Oh! I was at the match - Good comeback from the boys - it was dissapointing to hear Chelsea fans calling Mourinho's name after the substitutions - Good comeback from Drogba - he has not been this hungry since he reached 25 goals last season. Finally, he has started working hard again.

I am dissapointed with the set-pieces. Just before the corner was taken, I mentioned to my mate that we didn't have a man on the post. Just as I said it they scored. How can Grant complain about conceding so many set pieces when he is instructing his players not to have a man on the line. Ridiculous!

In some ways we were lucky yesterday. The game could have gone either way. Wenger made a mistake by playing 4-5-1 and that played into our hands. Van Persie wasn't sharp enough. Essien dominated him at right-back. Terry and Carvalho were solid and Adebayor looked lonely all game. I was dissapointed with Lamps and Ballack - they were average and Hleb and Fabregas completely dominated them. Makalele showed an extra range of long range passing that we don't usually see. Kalou and Cole were their usual selves. Drogba troubled Gallas all game. He got through a few times but poor control let him down. I just wonder if he is going to do the same everygame or only in the big games. When Anelka was thrown on, the Arsenal defence panicked. They didn't know how to handle two big powerful strikers - and two lucky breaks later, we were 2-1 up. It was a good day - just a shame about the Man Utd match. I think it is impossible to catch them but at least I now know that we are ready for the big games.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2008
Akinalabi
I noted that the season is not yet over. I also referred to being hurled out of the FA cup and losing the Carling finals as AG's empty cabinet. Did JM not win the carling at around this time in your so called 18 months period? So much for plastic fans, with the metallic ones making huge blunders and distortion. You guys don't even know how many goals/penalties you score in a season.

Why are you being biased? SAF and JM were level on points, SAF turned his around and you claim JM would not be able to turn his around. Can we have the same rules for JM and anyone else please?

Now in JM's case you had to go over 3 season to get a blunder. I can give you double that count with AG's so called 8 months of reign.

Please can you explain the Barca's blunder in context? Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.