Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,254 members, 7,864,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290256 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2008
Ibime:

I am dissapointed with the set-pieces. Just before the corner was taken, I mentioned to my mate that we didn't have a man on the post. Just as I said it they scored. How can Grant complain about conceding so many set pieces when he is instructing his players not to have a man on the line. Ridiculous!

Once again I am vindicated.

Welcome back Ibime
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ somze,

Please read and understand my analysis before you reply. There
is no prize for who replies first.

Sir Alex has been in countless similar situations where he turned
it around so we can fall back on that experience. That is why the
rules are different for him. He is god.

I went back 3 seasons to show you it's been happening a long time
ago and not just when the problems started this season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ 4 Play,

Please take a look at the last part my post again.

Now, all managers make blunders. There is no question about that. The point
is the gloss over it when it comes to Jose and a thorough expository when it
comes to grant is grotesquely unfair.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2008
When I made reference to seasons, I meant that the blunder examples you gave for JM were not even in a season, they were over a period of seasons, unlike AG that has a number of the already in his 8 months (remember you started this 8 month argument.)

Maybe you should re-read both your posts and mine.

What trophy has SAF given your club that JM has not given another club. JM must be a god too then grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2008
One of them even claim Jose ran away because chelsea is going down down.

The league leaders at that time is having 13 points while Mourinho's sinking Chelsea is trailing with 11 points.

@Akin

How are we sinking then?

Dont just mention the league table at all? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2008
Now, all managers make blunders. There is no question about that. The point
is the gloss over it when it comes to Jose and a thorough expository when it
comes to grant is grotesquely unfair ----------- by akinlabi

@akinlabi

you amazed me . . . You think so lowly of JM so much so that comparing Grant with him will be unfair?

unfair?

Bloody hell what are you talking about. . . ? It's pretty simple . . the results speak for themselves. . .Tell me one thing you think Grant has done that JM couldn't have . . . . . and please I said COULDN'T have. . (emphasis on abilities). . . . so much so that the word UNFAIR is being used when comparing the two. .

because I can tell you several things JM could have done that Grant couldn't . . .

Grant will need to to win 5 trophies and a community shield within the next two years to equal JM's record. . . .he's blown away one season already. . and let's all not forget he's spent about £25m already on Anelka, (scored just one league goal . . JM would have been called a idiot) Ivanovic and Franco Di santo. . .

The numbers are beginning to count
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2008
Seems all ManScums think with the same brain these days
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2008
I dont really care about what these guys says.

Somze,Nateeves and few others are not paper-weight. They are Chelseans pre-JM, so they cant be tossed around.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 7:19pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ Akolawole,

U are clearly missing the points like a free throw shot.
Jose is good but he aint special . . . .
Tell me something i dunno about Mourinho. . . . . Chelsea was exactly 5 point behind Man Utd this time last season.
If Grant could manage the same position Jose did last season with more injuries then Jose is not special. . . . .

Only a complete slowpoke will compare the 2 managers based on what titles they have won.
Jose had a more conducive environment to operate than Avram Grant had. . . . What was the spirit like in Chelsea when Jose arrived compared to AG?
We can toss, twirl and turn but i can guarantee u i know more than Chelsea than y'all PLASTIC FANS.
Jose had nothing more to offer Chelsea. . . . .There was no way he could have competed this season with Sidwell, Ben Haim and Pizarro.

Are we talking about same Jose that brought Del Horno, Boulahrouz, Kalou, Thiago and Maniche? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Chacal

now you have pissed me off . . . Take a look at this. .

Sir Alex signed Djemba djemba, Alan-Smith, JsPark, Jaap Stam, Diego Forlan, Quintine Fortune, Kleberson, Veron, Saha,

and a lot I will remember for you when I have time . . . as matter of fact I have alink for you below to read on the transfer of veron . . it was a british record and what happened?

[b]Juan "Seba" Veron arrived at Old Trafford in July 2001 for a British transfer record £28.1 million. One of the biggest names in Serie A with Lazio and amongst the finest midfielders in world football, he was meant to be the final piece in the jigsaw that would give United that missing extra edge to win the Champions League.

However, it never worked out that way. The major problem was that his arrival upset the balance of the team. Ferguson didn't quite know where to play him and a change of formation to accommodate the midfielder seemed to undo United's attacking potency. After good start in the opening games Seba seemed to lose his way. In big games with Arsenal and Liverpool he seemed to "disappear" and have no influence on the action. It didn't help that the media was constantly linking him with a move back to old club Lazio with each week a new rumour emerging about how he was unhappy in Manchester.

In the end Sir Alex decided to cut his losses in the summer of 2003 and sell Veron to Chelsea for £15 million - a £13 million loss that will go down as his biggest transfer failure to date.[/b]

http://www.manutdzone.com/atoz/v.html

now how about that fior sir alex?

So when Sir Alex made several errors in these signings, did that stop him from still redeeming his image time and after time. . ? no it did not. . What is there to prove that even though JM got a few signing wrong he wouldn't have risen to the top to shut his critics down?  Why always point JM's wrong signings like he was the one that brought it to earth. . . ? Can we begin to calculate aw much Sir Alex has lost in signings?

the difference between JM's appointment's and Wenger's and Sir Alex's is they had time to play. . . they were given long time rebuilding terms. . Sir Alex has a one year rolling clause in his contract. . . JM was working under stiff pressure and constant gists inthe media . . . even Kenyon confirmed that they spoke to Klinsman while JM was Manaer. . . Did Alex ever go thru that?

I do not agree with you at all at all cool cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2008
Why do you bother replying someone who mentions Maniche as one of JM's signings to prove his point.

Maniche was signed on loan during the January transfer window and returned at the end of the season.

For anyone to even mention him shows how far in deception and distortion the person is ready to go.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ Nateevs,

Dont make me laugh!!!!!!!!!

Jaap Stam? The best defender in the EPL!!!!!!!!
Juan Veron? The most accomplished midfielder we have ever bought. . . . Was sold to Chelsea but won the EPL title with Man Utd.
Alan Smith, JS Park, Saha and Forlan all won titles upon titles and were better than Del Horno, Boulahrouz, Robert Huth and flippin' Jarosik!!
The only flops Fergie bought were Djemba-Djemba and Kleberson. . . .don't come here to tell us Veron or Forlan were flops!!!!!

P.S. Who bought VERON from Man Utd? Get back to me when u have an answer!!!!!
While u are it, tell us how much SWP and Shevchenko draw on Chelsea's payroll week in week out.
Mourinho is a twit. . . . . He is a douchebag like this Nairaland fly that keeps buzzing around me. . . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by 4Play(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2008
In that list,only Veron was a major loss.

Are you talking of Stam who was voted best defender in the UCL for 2 seasons running?

Apart from Saha,none of the others cost more than £7m in transfer fees.Without Saha,Utd wouldn't have won the title last season,he was integral to our good start and was a key player till injuries got the better of him in the 2nd half of the season.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2008
Common Chacal. . . .

because a player won the title with utd means they are not flops. . . . Let's go over what a flop is . . a flop is something that fails to stay consistent . . because the main reason it was sort was for consistence. . .

You are the first person I heard of to tell me Veron was not a flop in ManU. . .Veron was a major flop. . . I remember Veron caused dressing room unrest and Manu finished 3rd 10 pts behind Arsenal in the season he was signed. . . So what after Manu won the league in 03 . . they decided to sell the best midfielder according to you . . to a rival club. . for £15m when they bought him for £28.5m? what are you saying?

Diego forlan was not a flop .  . . i can't believe this. . alan smith. . .?

Ok Kezman won the tiltle with Chelsea. . . .

So Djemba djemba was a flop because he did not win a title with ManU? So what about Fortune? Saha has had only one meaningful season and you think he is not a flop. . after this season he can't play for utd again. . that's a flop. .Summer Alex will buy one of Berbatov, huntelaar, Aguero or Benzema. . . so aw is he not a flop?

You and I know JS park was so much hyped in OT. .  thots of him setting the premiership alive. . . Sir Alex will spend at least another  £50m in the summer and that is the end of JS park . . chacal wetin you dey talk. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2008
My Bad with Jaap Stam . . . I did not mean to put him there. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ nateevs,

Lets differentiate between flops and EXPENSIVE FLOPS, Okay?

Chelsea since the ROMAN REVOLUTION have bought everything in sight.
As soon as they hear Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool are paging a player. . . .Peter Kenyon moves in and buys.
They don't even check or do proper scanning. . . .they just shell out like an illiterate billionaire. grin grin

I am the last person u wanna be dealing with on this issue.
You r a great pal. . . . lets skip this debate.
I had it with Akola the other day and he ran with his tails betweeen his legs.
He was boxed in a corner he had to start arguing whether Kalou was 5 milla or 8 milla. . . . .What does it matter? He is still a FLOP. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Chacal

You are a great pal as well . . . we don't need to get dirty. . .

There is no need to differentiate between flops and expensive flops. . . a flop is a flop chacal

my point is . . . JM had flops and so did evry other coach. . . JM's is not perculiar. . . That's all I am saying. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ nateevs,

In a space of 3 seasons??
If u were Roman's first son. . . . .what would u do? grin grin grin grin

MISS - Florent Malouda (£13.5m)
MISS - Juliano Belletti (£3.7m)
MISS - Tal Ben Haim (Free)
MISS - Claudio Pizarro (Free)
MISS - Steve Sidwell (Free)

MISS - Andriy Shevchenko (£30m)
MISS - John Mikel Obi (£16m)
MISS - Salomon Kalou (£8m)
MISS - Khalid Boulahrouz (£7m)
MISS - Ashley Cole (£5m)
MISS - Michael Ballack (Free)

HIT - Michael Essien (£24m)
HIT - Didier Drogba (£24m)
MISS - Shaun Wright-Phillips (£21m)
HIT - Ricardo Carvalho (£20m)
MISS - Paulo Ferreira (£13m)
MISS - Asier Del Horno (£8m)
MISS - Tiago (£8m)
MISS - Mateja Kezman (£5m)
MISS - Jiri Jarosik (£5m)
MISS - Lassana Diarra (£1m)

TOTAL 214 million pounds.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2008
If I was Roman's first son. . . I would have told him to take caution. . . now AG is also going to require so many millions because "THEY ARE NOT MY PLAYERS" . . . whose fault is that? JM ? NO it's Roman's
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:04pm On Mar 24, 2008
Please stop attributing JM to Sheva. . it is not fair and not right. . . .

Tell me one 29 yr-old you think Jose signed. . . he did not. . . will not and could neva have signed sheva. . simple. .

A million misses and he won the premiership with these number of misses. . and still won two trophies when he had a bad season?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 9:09pm On Mar 24, 2008
Like i keep telling u. . . . . He is a lucky bastard.
This season could have really exposed his deficiencies. . . . He saw it coming and used a flimsy excuse to run away.
Mourinho is a brilliant manager but it is tomfoolery to say Grant CAN NEVER achieve what Jose had done. . . .

Who was the manager of Chelsea when Shevchenko was bought?
Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger or Akolawole?
He should have left then and the whole world would have known he didn't like him.

U wanna hear the truth. . . . .Jose Mourinho himself didnt know Sheva was gonna be a flop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2008
You will end up not being right by just taking player and calling him a miss. . .

Going by your standards you currently have . . . . Pique, Oshea, Carrick, Saha and Park, Darren fletcher, as fringe players . . they are all misses. . if belletti and ferreira are misses. . .

Last season

Smith, Heaton, Eagles, Dong, Park, Richardson, Heinze. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Chacal

Aw do you know JM did not know he was going to be a miss? He was 30 when he signed. . . i almost got into a fight when he was signed with a friend when I was telling him sheva will be the flop of the century. .

1. How many italian based player come to the premiership and shine
2. How many players come at 30 to the premiership and make it. . .

i knew this you think JM did not?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 11:36pm On Mar 24, 2008
may i know what all the argument is about someone would think we lost a major match
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:37pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Nateeves

Keep on waisting your time arguing with Jackal.

Anybody that says Mikel is a miss need to visit Aro grin

Wetin i never hear here, One gunner even claimed JM bought SWP ONLY because Wenger want to buy him. Imagine stupidity.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2008
u guys have some good time to play with. We need to open up some bottles for getting arsenal down where they are
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by cabali(m): 12:04am On Mar 25, 2008
it isnt gon'be easy from here on end though. League aint over just yet
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 12:45am On Mar 25, 2008
I know criticising Jose is a NO GO AREA at the bridge. But not
for us outside the bridge. Even when he makes errors and
talks gibberish, it is regarded as gold.

What you'all don't realize is that Roman has done Jose a
big favour. Sending him away when the ovation was quite
high.

How I wish he had left him so he could taste what "trophyless
seasons" mean.

You all have been unfair to Grant. It gets worse when you
insist that he's not been treated worse.

The chants of "You don't know what you're doing" when
he was making those substutions was an absolute disgrace.

Grant has done a good job since he took over.

Wake up guys. . . You really need to.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 1:39am On Mar 25, 2008
I wonder why our fans can support the current coach.

We all can critisize AG but the truth is that if u were good to analyze, then u shld have been in Chelsea long time ago.

I still belive AG will bring the CL trophy home even thoug hhe loses therest
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:55am On Mar 25, 2008
akinalabi:

1) Criticising Jose is a NO GO AREA at the bridge. But not for
us outside the bridge. But for us ouside, no chance.

2) What you'all don't realize is that Roman has done Jose a
big favour. Sending him away when the ovation was very
high.

3) How I wish he had left him so he could taste what "trophyless
seasons" mean.

4) The chants of "You don't know what you're doing" when
he was making those substutions was an absolute disgrace.

5) Grant has done a good job since he took over.

1) Maybe you are just reading this thread Akin.

Ibime is a blue but never like Jose. Nateeves support Grant more than Grants mother until recently.

My very good friend Denis(An Irish), who has been a season ticket holder for years hardly like Jose but if he has a gun, he would have shot Avram now.

I am a Mourinho man anyday but i still curse him when needed. 3 seasons ago, we play spurs at the Bridge, it was 0-0. Jm was making so much noise that, spurs should bring a bus and park it by the goal post. I cursed him like mad. I hate coaches that complain the way opposition plays. Must opposition play the way you want?.

2) Is he doing bad with 11 points while the league leaders has just 13 points. As much as i hate comparison. We are trailing United by 5 points now. Do the maths.

3) JM is not a trophyless material and we all know that. He win anything cup. Whether its milk or tea cup grin

4) How could you have confidence in a man that get 90% of the substitution wrong?

5) Yes he has. Lost by 2 goals to united,Beat Spurs by 4 goals to 4 even after leading by 3goals to 1 grin Beat Derby by 6 goals. Qualified for FA cup semis grin and beat Spurs in the Milk cup final.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 2:54am On Mar 25, 2008
Akolawole:

Maybe you are just reading this thread Akin.

Yes. I started coming here recently. I dumped the Arsenal
thread as soon as I saw that Chelsea were our biggest
threat.

I did not reckon with Chelsea at the begining of the season.

But now, I even have nighmares about them. I was praying
Arsenal would beat them.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ituen(m): 7:22am On Mar 25, 2008
too bad akin

you just met ur nemesis

I still got 2 spare forms

YOu and Mukina can come get them free of charge

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.