Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,617 members, 7,861,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (290038 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by ritchboy(m): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2008
Did someone just call yakubu a middlesbrough player? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:11pm On Mar 27, 2008
Middlesborough on saturday is key. . though we beat 2-0 away, I remember it being at tough one. . . Now at the bridge . . I see us barring any GRANTISMs edging them out. . I hope Drogba's form is on. . and Anelka can score at least . . Would we see the Drognelka ? Only Grant can tell. .

Aston villa are hoping to hold down a UEFA spot so i hope they can give ManU a good game. . stealing a draw won't be impossible afterall. . .

Bolton will be hoping that ManCity does damage to Birmingham . . so that they can peep them if they manage to beat Arsenal at the reebok . . getting off the relegation zone for once. .

So it promises to be a great weekend for the top 3. . . if Villa can force ManU to a draw it'l be a great result . . with that I won't mind arsenal winning as long as we win . . as it gives them that them the urge to fight to the end . . and the show down at OT might just go in out favour . . and all we have to do is to edge ManU at the Bridge and we are on song. .

Hope it truns out this way. . . Ok watch them start to bombard me. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:20pm On Mar 27, 2008
@Ibime

Thats what they say of Mikel.

Mikel is a very very good player.

There is only one player in last year's FA cup final.

But in Nairaland, some members can turn white into black just to prove a point.

Mikel- A flop! cry

@United guys

I trust you

You are ignoring my digging deep series.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:52am On Mar 28, 2008
why is this place so desolate this morning?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 10:01am On Mar 28, 2008
hello Akola
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:14am On Mar 28, 2008
Nateevs

I think we should come out fighting and end the game in the first half.

I would like to see a 4-4-2 and AG can choose between Ballack or Lampard.

2nd half, we change to 4-5-1, sit back and defend our lead. Invite them to come out and hit them at the counter.

Middlesbrough, I think, we'd be looking to score a goal and defend it like they did against Arsenal. It will be better if we score that goal and another first. Kill the game off and look forward to the next.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2008
Why should we have to score a goal and start defending?

I think is unprofessional. There is no defence that can't be broken in the world, so defending will not stop them from scoring because they also have a good attack.

I will urge AG to play an attacking footbal from the beginning to the end (90 minutes).
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:38am On Mar 28, 2008
Amodu

It's too late in the campaign to waste energy, to risk injuries.

If we can kill the game - say 2 or more goals - in the first half, we can sit back and take it easy while playing on the counter, or holding on to possesion.

That way we slow down the pace of the game and can bring on more fringe players while resting major first team players.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by amodu(m): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2008
My guy is not to late, the table might take a dramastic change in our fvaour if we keep winning our matches.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 11:10am On Mar 28, 2008
@ Akolawole,

You are not digging anything at all.
I have told u times without number that Jose is a good manager but he is not SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikel Obi was a spectator in the FA Cup final. . . . I cannot remember him controlling anything.
United were the better team on the day but Chelsea nicked it in the end.
Paul Scholes was calling the shotz in the midfield. . . pinging passes to United's forward line.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:39am On Mar 28, 2008
amodu:

I will urge AG to play an attacking footbal from the beginning to the end (90 minutes).

Like the one we play against Barnsley and Spurs cry

Chacal:

Mikel Obi was a spectator in the FA Cup final. . . . I cannot remember him controlling anything.
United were the better team on the day but Chelsea nicked it in the end.

Spectator?

i need 4play to respond to this quickly.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 11:41am On Mar 28, 2008
chacal,

stop spewing bunkum !!
i need a single stat that says manyoo were better on the day
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ Wormy,

U have started generating your prattles again.

United were the better team on the day but y'all nicked it.
Giggsy had a valid goal disallowed. . . . .no thanx to Steve Bennett!!!!!!
The move had Giggsy one on one with Petr Cech. . . . Essien fouled Giggsy from behind and the ball was bundled over the line. . . .
I still dont understand why a penalty wasn't given or a goal wasn't given!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by femishop(m): 1:17pm On Mar 28, 2008
waitin concern 04(no tanx 2 man u) coencern CHELSEA! BLUES $ LYFE!!! [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2008
jackal,

pull me a stat that says utd were better than chelsea on the day; simple !!!!
surely, that can't be too hard to do.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Chacal

Are you saying that Giggs goal was a goal because you are a ManU fan? That knock that Giggs gave Cech? Giggs litterally bundled Cech off the line. . . and just like wormy said give us a stat that show ManU were better than chelsea on the night. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Wormedup
Stats wont change norin. .we all saw the game, crappy,uneventful and borrrrring
U guys won fine but United should have won the game based on chances missed.
It wasnt a good game from either side so nothing to really comment about.

I can see this thread is back to life. .all the Jose Mourinho's Apostles are back cos you guys are second on the table(lol!)
No wahala, it makes it interesting so far Arsenal is condemned finally to the third.
i love it when its just between us and Chelski
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ wormy,

What stupid stats?
It was there for everyone to see even though the game was boring.

@ Akolawole,

Where are u?

@ Nateevs,

The knock Giggs gave Cech?
Are u saying u didn't see Essien's tackling Giggsy from behind?
It should have been a penalty or a goal!!!!!!!!!!!

@ tkb417,

Don't mind these Chelski fans. . . . . .
They had no voice a fortnight ago bar nateevs. . . Not even Akola was here to support his club.
Akola is now active all of a sudden and hoping Chelsea might nick the title.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Jackal

You should know me by now.

I am not a quiter.

I did not like Grant and his methods.

Hardly will you see my comments on the title race since September regarding Grant's team.

I just siddon dey look.

Lord avebury says "Expect nothing and you will never be dissapointed"
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2008
@tkb

Aw can you say you should have won based on chances missed. . . i accept you saying you should have won based on chances cancelled but not missed . . . all the jazz wey we put for goal you think na joke. . ?

See this man eeh?

@Chacal

Giggs gave Cech brushing of his life . . . Essien was smart enough to do what a defender would have done. . . but Giggs wan take vex jam Cech and ball for inside net . . Bennet no dey gree that kain thing
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2008
chacal,

you are a really funny chap.
giggs' goal was valid what won't i hear in this land !
a goal bound ball that cech completely stopped before the line and gigsy had to come give him a LITTLE nudge !
where do u watch your footie games ?

tkb,

did i hear you say something about utd winning based on chances missed
can you guys just pull out a stat from somewhere please ?
any stats that says utd had more chances than us on the night is DOCTORED !!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2008
@chacal
Accept defeat and be a man
grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tkb417(m): 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Nateevs
LOL! jazzzz!!!
anyway, lets see how it goes
That ur juju at the Bridge will be scattered this season
we are winning at the bridge!

@Wormedup
i dont have any start o,
by the way, that game is gone, lets look forward to teh 26th of April
Can we stop the unbeaten home runs of Chelsea?
I think we are very well equipped to do that this season (no be joke o)

this your siggy na die, u be beerman like me shey?
badguy (lol!)

@Dason
na everytime u dey post rubbish
when u go repent?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Chacal: 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ dason4life,

United have beaten Chelsea 2-0 after that game.
I have never seen such a one-sided game before. . .
Chelsea was taught a lesson at OT in september so i have moved on.

@ nateevs and wormy,

Are u guys blind to see Essien fouled Giggsy?
Anyways, i wont even dwell on the match.
None of the 2 sides deserved to win the game but United shaded it a bit in terms of chances created.

@ tkb417,

United should beat Chelsea at the bridge.
We are going to stop their UNBEATEN run this season.
United stopped their 40th unbeaten run under Jose Mourinho at OT. . . .
Ferguson can DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Akolawole,

Fair enough!!!!!
So what are u saying concerning DIGGING DEEP?
What are u digging? grin grin grin grin
Every football fan knows Chelsea can be so dishonest in the manner they handle issues.
Have u forgotten how u guys lied that u never met Ashley Cole in a Hotel?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Chacal

I am digging the mess

Check your thread grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2008
tkb417:

@Dason
na everytime u dey post rubbish
when u go repent?

i see you are reacting to the truth
it really hurts

Chacal:

@ dason4life,

United have beaten Chelsea 2-0 after that game.
I have never seen such a one-sided game before. . .
Chelsea was taught a lesson at OT in september so i have moved on.

A lesson when the first goal came in by 48th minute
and the second goal provided by a diver?
Let's see how United will perform in Stamford Bridge
grin grin grin grin
Mike Dean won't be officiating that day
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 28, 2008
football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2213015,00.html - 48k
do we really need him?
Ithink we need a striker now, Drogba is likely to leave
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2008
@Dason

Oh! Yes we do. We do not just a striker, we need a midfielder. . .Modric is the a modern day version of the word MIDFIELDER. . .  a complete playmaker and a goal scorer as well. .

Why do we need him? We obviously do not have this type of midfielder . . . the type that takes the game by the scruff of the neck and controls it . .a play-maker and he's 22. . . Ballack used to do it . . but we all know he's old and I am one of those very few that think Lamp will not stay and should not stay. . . and before you slaughter me let me tell you why. . .

The only reason Lampard will stay at Chelsea is to be paid at least £134,000 per week . . . Actually he rejected the offer. . . Now this is my point . . tell me one club in the whole that offers a contract worth £134,000 a week to a 30yr-old. . absolutely no single club . . Lamps knows that if he leaves Chelsea he will not get more than £50,000 a week any club in the world . . he knows that.

If he knows that he won't get that else-where, why is he asking for it here? Yes! because he loves his club . . . naahh!!!! not the club !!! How dare you question Lamps love for the club I hear you say? Yes, I do . . Tell me one good reason he is asking for over a £100,000 week at 30. Because he understands that it is nearing the time to say goodbye to football and the wisest thing to do at 30 is to secure yourself financially. How do you do that to a club you claim to love? What exactly are we paying for - All the goals that have been scored or all the goals yet to be scored?  How do we pay £134,000 a week to a player that Capello does not even fancy . . .  ?

As a matter of fact I do not believe we have a player in the team that should be on over 100,000 a week. . simple reason is if that player leaves the club to say Barca or Real or Milan will they earn that? No?

Now the board I know is aware of Lamps age and playing style . . . Roman spent every penny to pay-off Jose all for the love of sexy-football. . . Roman knows those in the team that can play sexy football . . . He watches football and that is why he's been going after players like Dinho, Diego, VDV, Modric, Nasri. .

Bottom line is Lamp I think will reject a cut and the board will not want to offer more for his age. . and we'll have a stalemate. . he's got one more year on his contract. . and anything can happen . .

My opinion is he can stay . . I don't mind him staying but nothing more than 100,000 a week . . if not . . bye bye. . Let's invest the money Lamp rejected into two young stars £68,000 each a week and build a new team of winners . . . this time with players like younger Ronaldo, Iniesta and Rosicky.  Or even £45,000 a week between 3 younger players like Fabregas, Nani and Anderson.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 29, 2008
@ nateevs,

you just poured out my mind, i dont think with the present form of any chelsea player deserve to be paid more than a £100,000/weekly.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by solacedar: 10:16am On Mar 29, 2008
true blue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:30am On Mar 29, 2008
Dason
That date on that link is 18th, November 2007,
Dude! angry

Nateevs,
A footballers career is short.
You have to understand their sentiments when it comes to wages. This is not an excuse for them, it's just a statement of fact.

I don't talk about players wages, that's for the board and management to decide not me. I just want to see delivery and performance on the pitch.

I've had a keen interest in Modric since the initial rumours. If he is bought though, you must know he'll need time to fit in.
Normally, that may take a season or so. Consider that Drogba, Ronaldo(Man Utd) among others, took a while to get to the form they are in today.

During that time (settling in) we still need experienced players to close the gap or else I fear we would go for a few seasons without a trophy like Man Utd did. This is one reason why I am against a mass exodus of players from the bridge.

A few strategic players would do.

1. An attacking play-making midfielder
2. Strikers - This depends on who's leaving. Shevshenko, Pizarro may most likely leave. Drogba - maybe. Anelka - unknown. I think we need Drogba, to remain whatever happens.
3. We need a Left sided winger, if we Malouda does not improve.
4. We need to promote youth team players that are talented and have the potential.

What's up with the defender and striker we got over the January window?

Anyone has any news on them? Are they playing in the reserves?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:20am On Mar 29, 2008
@Dason

That was when Mamic and Roman were friends and he was willing ti sell Modric to him. . . a few weeks later some demons from Arsenal, Barcelona and Tottenham did something to him and he said Modric was going nowhere undecided undecided

I still think he'd come though. . . If we win the Champions League . . it'l
@Somze

I do understand your point of bonding, talking about players wages is quite important you know . . . I know buying a new midfielder will mean giving him more time to bond and understand. . . I am not saying do away with all the experience, i am saying do away with the experience if it's going to cost too much. . . Ballack and Lamp if he stay's will cost us over £260,000 a week in wages . . If we go down that route, then Kenyon's goal of breaking even by 2010 will be unrealized. . i am really one of those that desires us to be free of Roman by 2010. . . he's injected money. . he's going to inject more next season and the more he injects and Chelsea becomes less succesful . . the more he gets bored. . the more likely he leaves. . . which you and I know what kind of repercaution comes with that. .

So the earlier we sort cheaper alternatives to success the better. . .The quicker Chelsea becomes self-sufficient, the more likely for Roman to stay. . . . Football should be run as business . . and no opportunity for players to become rich. . Lamp did a lot for Chelsea. . but so did Beckham, Sheringham, Ole gunnar Solksjaer, for ManU and Henry, Pires and Viera for Arsenal. . . I think it's just a time when we have to make sacrifices. .

Ivanovic will surely be in the team next season. .
I asked if there are still any left sided players available in the world anymore . . the only ones I think of are Silva and Nery Castillo . . Castillo is in Mancity now. . Malouda had a good game against England midweek
I think we do need a left sided midfielder and one right sided as well. . .

Two attacking midfeilders . . One attacker if Drog leaves.
Apart from the Arsenal, everytime I see Drog play i think more and more that he wants to go. . Sheva and Pizz will go no doubt. . costing us too much. .
I also want to Di Santo, Kakuta, Sinclair and the likes given good minutes nxt season. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.